Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865993 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2012
MeNutty: @ just wise, is it advisable to call d BHC if I don't hear from them today, its 19 days already and am already panicking

Sure you can call or email them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hi all, I submitted on the 19th of July and I've just received the text to come for collection o!.... wink.. Pray for me...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
kunlewoye: Hi all, I submitted on the 19th of July and I've just received the text to come for collection o!.... wink.. Pray for me...

At the point where prayer changes noting...loll..., anticipating your testimony.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
Dharkchild:

At the point where prayer changes noting...loll..., anticipating your testimony.

Abi o, people funny sef
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
MeNutty: @ just wise, is it advisable to call d BHC if I don't hear from them today, its 19 days already and am already panicking

It will come my sister, just hold on a little while.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier:

Abi o, people funny sef

Dharkchild:

Don't mind me, it's what happens when you're antsy...lol. I was never bothered all through the wait, I never, for once, checked the status online. Now I got the text and I'm so tensed...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scruffyway: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier:

It will come my sister, just hold on a little while.

Them go give you, no worry.
The prayer na to help you to stand and not kneel to open the envelope.lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scruffyway: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scruffyway: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
I

i can only imagine. Calm down, mine did 24 days and i was given.
i did not mail or call.
I just rested my mind, make i no die before them give me VISa.
No worry,we ll pop champagne.lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
@EVERYBODY.....
If you are paying your school fees,do not use first bank.am nt 'de-marketing' them o.just a tip to save people headache.
Unless u are using a domicilliary accnt,they will take up to 10days to 'process' ur payment.
Its best to use either GT bank or Standard chartered.
***speaking from personal experience o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
penfold: @EVERYBODY.....
If you are paying your school fees,do not use first bank.am nt 'de-marketing' them o.just a tip to save people headache.
Unless u are using a domicilliary accnt,they will take up to 10days to 'process' ur payment.

Not true, maybe your branch had issues....,I used first bank and the transaction was carried out same day, tho it took the school 3 days to acknowledge the transaction, but they acknowledged they received it the day I made the transaction.

I still prefer gtb tho "Personal preference"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MeNutty(f): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ scruffyway.. Lol. Thanks for dos encouraging words
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
penfold: @EVERYBODY.....
I used First Bank and it got there the next day. It took just one day. Maybe it's your branch or something.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier:
I used First Bank and it got there the next day. It took just one day. Maybe it's your branch or something.
Dharkchild:

Not true, maybe your branch had issues....,I used first bank and the transaction was carried out same day, tho it took the school 3 days to acknowledge the transaction, but they acknowledged they received it the day I made the transaction.

I still prefer gtb tho "Personal preference"
Well,mebbe u guys used a domicilliary account or ur branch is efficient.
My branch keeps on telling me that its ano head office issue,anyway,I've called firstcontact and they are assuring me of 2mrw.BTW that makes it 10 working days.I pray CAS comes out in 3 days like others o. So i can drop my docs on wed/thurs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
penfold:

My branch keeps on telling me that its ano head office issue,anyway,I've called firstcontact and they are assuring me of 2mrw.BTW that makes it 10 working days.I pray CAS comes out in 3 days like others o. So i can drop my docs on wed/thurs.

Yes it was a dorm account. The officer insisted we use a dorm account for the transfer. Why didn't you use a dorm account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
penfold:

I did bank transfer using the form1. Maybe they are having some hiccups. Be hopeful, You would be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 10, 2012
Does anybody know who processes Visa for Candidates on Full or Partial Scholarships? E.g if one is on a full scholarship say by PTDF, is it PTDF that will also handle the Visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 10, 2012
hello @Justwise

I'm about to apply for my student visa and I intend to use my personal bank statement and my parent's. The statements are 3 in total. All these statements have balances that have not been touched within the last 28 days but one. On the last one, there have been recent transactions within the last 28 days. However, the min. balance within the last 28 days has not exceeded the remaining balance to complete the maintenance funds requirements. Let me break this down so you would be clear.

Fees- £14300
Maintenance - £7200
Total - £21500

The balance of the bank statements
Personal - £4220 (kept for min. of 28 consecutive days)
Parent's Dorm account- £16000 (kept for min. of 28 consecutive days)
Parent's naira account - min. of 400,000 naira for more than 28 consecutive days (From UKBA, it states exchange rate is £1-N270)

Am I good to go?

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2012
tahirabu: hello @Justwise

I'm about to apply for my student visa and I intend to use my personal bank statement and my parent's. The statements are 3 in total. All these statements have balances that have not been touched within the last 28 days but one. On the last one, there have been recent transactions within the last 28 days. However, the min. balance within the last 28 days has not exceeded the remaining balance to complete the maintenance funds requirements. Let me break this down so you would be clear.

Fees- £14300
Maintenance - £7200
Total - £21500

The balance of the bank statements
Personal - £4220 (kept for min. of 28 consecutive days)
Parent's Dorm account- £16000 (kept for min. of 28 consecutive days)
Parent's naira account - min. of 400,000 naira for more than 28 consecutive days (From UKBA, it states exchange rate is £1-N270)

Am I good to go?

Thanks in advance

Yes but don't forget to include birth certificate and letter from your parents indicating that you are allowed to use their bank accounts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2012
Pls house how will your extend your visa if you want to do PhD after masters degree. What are the conditions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2012
chy22: Pls house how will your extend your visa if you want to do PhD after masters degree. What are the conditions

Very easy to do from the UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dappydaniel: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
Anyone who applied for Visa on the 20th of July? please holla me when you get your Visa. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
justwise:

Very easy to do from the UK.
what if my current visa will expire 4 to 6 months before the start of the PhD
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
Brethren. Why is it that I can't even track My visa application I made in Abuja abt 16 days ago?. Its still telling me invalid search. Is it because I paid for the courier service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
@justwise Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
chy22:
what if my current visa will expire 4 to 6 months before the start of the PhD

That means you have to return to Nigeria to apply again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donbigboy(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ladies and Gentleman of Nairaland. Pls i'm in a tight corner. I am going for my masters and i have gotting my CAS and every other document needed but my sponsor account has just been credited on 27 july which means i will have to waite till 27 of august before i can print the statement of account and submit. The problem is my school resume on 13 sept and lecture start by 24 sept. Now should i ask for 2 weeks extension or to deferred my admission till january 2013. I'm just confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^
Ask for a 2 week extension and add it to your documents when applying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dappydaniel: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
dappy daniel: Anyone who applied for Visa on the 20th of July? please holla me when you get your Visa. Thanks
Just Got a notification for Collection- i submitted on the 20th of July Yeepee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
dappy daniel:
Just Got a notification for Collection- i submitted on the 20th of July Yeepee
lucky ȳǭu, applied on the 19th but no notification yet o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kolabyk(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2012
Please what conversion rate does the UKBA use to compare the bank statement in pounds. Thanks. somehow urgent!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:32am On Aug 11, 2012
Kolabyk: Please what conversion rate does the UKBA use to compare the bank statement in pounds. Thanks. somehow urgent!

They use oanda.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.