Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864222 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by frances12: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
DEAR ALL,
PLEASE CAN U ADVICE, I FINALLY GOT ALL MY FUNDS LAST WEEK AND SO MY 28 DAYS WOULD BE COMPLETED 5TH OF SEPTEMBER.
THE RESUMPTION FOR MY SCHOOL IS SEPT 24. DO YOU THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE IT IF I APPLY ON THIS DATE PROVIDED THE SCHOOL GRANTS AN EXTENSION?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
frances12: DEAR ALL,
PLEASE CAN U ADVICE, I FINALLY GOT ALL MY FUNDS LAST WEEK AND SO MY 28 DAYS WOULD BE COMPLETED 5TH OF SEPTEMBER.
THE RESUMPTION FOR MY SCHOOL IS SEPT 24. DO YOU THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE IT IF I APPLY ON THIS DATE PROVIDED THE SCHOOL GRANTS AN EXTENSION?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Friends,

My bank statement hasn't got a bank name and logo.. However HSBC has attached a head-letter with it, having a bank logo and name, referring to the bank statement as an attachment and assuring it's authenticity..

What do you think, please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Loriante: Friends,

My bank statement hasn't got a bank name and logo.. However HSBC has attached a head-letter with it, having a bank logo and name, referring to the bank statement as an attachment and assuring it's authenticity..

Are you in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donxavier:

Are you in Nigeria?

No, I am Egyptian..In Egypt
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
Loriante:

No, I am Egyptian..In Egypt

If that's the standard practice from that bank, then I think it's sufficient.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
Loriante: Friends,

I think you dont have a problem as long as the bank has written an official letter on its letterhead to cover you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donxavier:

If that's the standard practice from that bank, then I think it's sufficient.

I get official bank statements every month with all the details required. However, I couldn't wait longer for 5 working days or more the time I decided to make an application. The bank officer told me that it's ultimately sufficient, and the letter bears a dedication to UKBA itself. It's really confusing what UKBA really means when stating a bank statement. Does it mean just the list of transactions for a certain period, or what you have really got from a bank as an evidence "statement"..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
Loriante:

I get official bank statements every month with all the details required. However, I couldn't wait longer for 5 working days or more the time I decided to make an application. The bank officer told me that it's ultimately sufficient, and the letter bears a dedication to UKBA itself. It's really confusing what UKBA really means when stating a bank statement. Does it mean just the list of transactions for a certain period, or what you have really got from a bank as an evidence "statement"..
The UKBA justs want to be sure that you have held the required amount for 28 days. That's why they require a statement. Anyway, The Bank official has already told you it's ultimately sufficient. I agree with him. You ve got no worries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
frances12: DEAR ALL,
Make sure you get a letter from your school and add it to the documents you wil be submitting to the embassy. You can also ask the school to cc ukba.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
deevuu: I applied for my UK student Visa on the 23rd of July and i just picked it up today!!! I thank God oooo and to u guys here...uv been the best..Justwise and evererybody thanks for ur patience...and response to some of my questions on here...God is great!
. So when did u get d text from them for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Friends, I promise that would be from the last few questions.

I have held the maintenance fund required by UKBA for more than 28 days then, however, and quiet recently, I have withdrawn a slight amount of money that wouldn't by any means get the funds held below the required. Please reflect on this situation.

In paragraph 157, it's stated that "The money a Tier 4 (General) student shows us must be for his/her use for studying
and living in the UK. The full amount of this money – which should be held in the manner
specified in this guidance - must continue to be available to the Tier 4 (General) student after
his/her application is made, except for any money the student has had to pay for course fees
and living costs."
I hope that would mean only the required money by UKBA , not the whole amount of funds being held.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Loriante: Friends, I promise that would be from the last few questions.

I have held the maintenance fund required by UKBA for more than 28 days then, however, and quiet recently, I have withdrawn a slight amount of money that wouldn't by any means get the funds held below the required. Please reflect on this situation.

In paragraph 157, it's stated that "The money a Tier 4 (General) student shows us must be for his/her use for studying
and living in the UK. The full amount of this money – which should be held in the manner
specified in this guidance - must continue to be available to the Tier 4 (General) student after
his/her application is made, except for any money the student has had to pay for course fees
and living costs."
I hope that would mean only the required money by UKBA , not the whole amount of funds being held.

Yes, it means money only required by the UKBA. It's not their business whatever money you have in your account. Basically, the money in your account shouldn't fall below the required amount regardless of whatever transactions go on in your account. I hope this clarifies it.

Don't worry pal, you will get the Visa. It's the normal tension that accompanies visa applications. It happened to me too. Please let us know the timeframe it took you to get the visa once it's issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
@Ikcbn
Pls can you kindly tell us why your application was suspended pending the time you supplied the required documents? What did you leave out?

It's not for anything, just so we can all learn and others may avoid it too.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donxavier: @Ikcbn
Pls can you kindly tell us why your application was suspended pending the time you supplied the required documents? What did you leave out?

It's not for anything, just so we can all learn and others may avoid it too.

Thanks.

Plz don't misunderstand me. Wen i said ϑaτ̅ d̶̲̥̅̊ email i got said ϑaτ̅ my application would b suspended pending wen i provide d̶̲̥̅̊ additional information, it simply means ϑaτ̅ d̶̲̥̅̊ processing of d̶̲̥̅̊ clearance would b pending until i provide them wit d̶̲̥̅̊ additional informatiom ϑaτ̅ ϑε̲γ̲ asked for.
HERE IS THE EMAIL I GOT FROM THEM
Thank you for your application. Before we process this please provide:

1. The FULL title of your chosen course and the exit qualification.

2. The length of your chosen course.

3 A list of ALL the modules you intend to take as part of your course (Core & Elective). If you have not yet decided on the elective modules you will be studying, please provide us with the full list of modules that are available for you to choose from. If you are doing a Masters by research you should provide a summary of your intended area of research.

If you are not aware of the modules for your course, please contact your UK university. If you would like to email us a copy of your offer letter (if you have been issued one) then we will tell you whether you can use it to support your ATAS application.

Please note that we cannot process this information if you send it as a PDF or scanned copy, Please send this in a Word document or type it into your email.

Your application will be placed on hold until we receive this information.

Regards,

The ATAS Team.
www.fco.gov.uk/atas

Although i knw ϑaτ̅ i provided dem during my application cos i did fill all d̶̲̥̅̊ required fields on d̶̲̥̅̊ application bt only gave my elective modules cos ϑaτ̅ was d̶̲̥̅̊ one i was asked 2 fill in one of d̶̲̥̅̊ spaces on d̶̲̥̅̊ form during my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
^^^
Ok. Many thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
@house..did any1 submit @ d VI vfs centre on the 19th of july cos I did nd till now I ve NOT received any notification or whatsoeva. Someone shud pls ans my q
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
Justwise n darkchild,jst payed the minimun amount for my fees which is £3000 but the school jst emailed me today that they got 2990,would this is anyway stop my cas..dis was the mail they sent Dear Student,

We received £2990.00 on 13.08.12 thank you.

Please expect to hear from our admissions team soon.

Kindest Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adahe15: 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
I am on a federal government scholarship to study in the Uk,I am a single parent(miss) that is unmarried with a daugther whom i will be going with as a dependant she bears my surname,my question is, what documents do i need to provide before i get to the UK embassy for interview and in order to be granted visa? Pls i need a reply ASAP .Thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
adahe15: I am on a federal government scholarship to study in the Uk,I am a single parent(miss) that is unmarried with a daugther whom i will be going with as a dependant she bears my surname,my question is, what documents do i need to provide before i get to the UK embassy for interview and in order to be granted visa? Pls i need a reply ASAP .Thank u

You need to read from the beginning of this Part 2, especially the FAQ part on Page 1.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
holloziggi: Justwise n darkchild,jst payed the minimun amount for my fees which is £3000 but the school jst emailed me today that they got 2990,would this is anyway stop my cas..dis was the mail they sent Dear Student,

We received £2990.00 on 13.08.12 thank you.

Please expect to hear from our admissions team soon.

Kindest Regards

No I doubt it would, there is always a 10 pounds bank charge when you do a bank transfer. Mail your school tomorrow morning, state your fears and ask if it would affect your CAS. I really doubt it tho
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dharkchild:

No I doubt it would, there is always a 10 pounds bank charge when you do a bank transfer. Mail your school tomorrow morning, state your fears and ask if it would affect your CAS. I really doubt it tho

In my own case, the minimum deposit was 3840. I had to send 3900 cos First bank charged 60 pounds. So exactly 3840 got to the school.I got the CAS two days later. If 3000 is the minimum deposit, and the school got 2990. Do you think they would still send the CAS? He hasn't met their minimum deposit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
adahe15: I am on a federal government scholarship to study in the Uk,I am a single parent(miss) that is unmarried with a daugther whom i will be going with as a dependant she bears my surname,my question is, what documents do i need to provide before i get to the UK embassy for interview and in order to be granted visa? Pls i need a reply ASAP .Thank u

From experince lemme tell Ʊ dat whether ur married or single , to travel with ur child Ʊ MUST proovide consent letter 4rm d father authorizing Ʊ (d mother) to travel with ur child den attach birth certificate confirming Ʊ as d biological mother or surrogate mother where necessary. I hope dis helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donxavier:

Let me have your email. Or reply the PM.
the email I have with NL has got my personal details and i'm strictly anonymous here (been burnt before) Sorry.lipsrsealed

I can post another addy later
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
salsera:
the email I have with NL has got my personal details and i'm strictly anonymous here (been burnt before) Sorry.lipsrsealed

I can post another addy later

Ok. PM me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Loriante: 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
Unfortunately, this was the last post I got from ukresident.com forum in correspondence with my last request considering a bank statement without a name or logo, but with a letterhead assuring it's authenticity.. Check it please and share my anxiety..

"Please, reflect on the plausibility of my bank statement. That is without a bank name or logo, but with a letterhead with both of them and verifying the statement's authenticity.."

*It is always a risk to use documents that do not 100% meet the guidance, which yours do not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donxavier:

In my own case, the minimum deposit was 3840. I had to send 3900 cos First bank charged 60 pounds. So exactly 3840 got to the school.I got the CAS two days later. If 3000 is the minimum deposit, and the school got 2990. Do you think they would still send the CAS? He hasn't met their minimum deposit.
kk wd mail d school and find out cause I can't spend anoda £60 pounds to transfer £10,N.B it was £3160 I paid,bank said 100 should be left as acc balance and 60 to transfer the funds,don't know how the other £10 left
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
holloziggi: kk wd mail d school and find out cause I can't spend anoda £60 pounds to transfer £10,N.B it was £3160 I paid,bank said 100 should be left as acc balance and 60 to transfer the funds,don't know how the other £10 left

Maybe you should get back to the bank so they can explain what happened to the £10?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2012
Loriante: Unfortunately, this was the last post I got from ukresident.com forum in correspondence with my last request considering a bank statement without a name or logo, but with a letterhead assuring it's authenticity.. Check it please and share my anxiety..

"Please, reflect on the plausibility of my bank statement. That is without a bank name or logo, but with a letterhead with both of them and verifying the statement's authenticity.."

*It is always a risk to use documents that do not 100% meet the guidance, which yours do not.

Obviously it doesn't 100% meet the guidance, but it's sufficient enough to take you through. Unless you have enough time to get the proper bank statement, the Stand in should do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 12:28am On Aug 15, 2012
holloziggi: kk wd mail d school and find out cause I can't spend anoda £60 pounds to transfer £10,N.B it was £3160 I paid,bank said 100 should be left as acc balance and 60 to transfer the funds,don't know how the other £10 left

This i§ d̶̲̥̅̊ more reason y i preferred using my Mastercard y making any form of payment,it's beta i did d̶̲̥̅̊ transactions
Online by my self directly wit d̶̲̥̅̊ sch cos i don't really understand some of our banks dwn here and their mode of operation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2012
YOU REALLY DON'T NEED OUR ADVICE HERE ON THIS! MAN, TAKE THIS UP WITH THE SCHOOL AND BANK ASAP!! WHY DO YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO POST AND ASK FOR OUR APPROVAL TO INQUIRE FROM THE BANK/SCHOOL ON HERE WHEN YOU CAN JUST SEND 2 E-MAILS, MAX, TO KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG? PLS DON'T SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG, i USED A DOM ACCT AS WELL AND SENT THEM 3K, ABOUT 56POUNDS WAS CHARGED AND DEDUCTED FROM THE REMAINING BALANCE IN THAT ACCT, IT DID NOT AFFECT THE AMOUNT I TRANSFERRED AT ALL.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 9:59am On Aug 15, 2012
Donxavier:

Maybe you should get back to the bank so they can explain what happened to the £10?

Hi, i think the £10 has to do wit the offshore charges. £12 for UK transfers $25 For US transfers. i used Gtb 4 my transfer and when filling the form it gives u d option of taking the charge locally (from ur own account) or from the person u are sending d money to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.