Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864220 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2012
EmmaIK:

Hi, i think the £10 has to do wit the offshore charges. £12 for UK transfers $25 For US transfers. i used Gtb 4 my transfer and when filling the form it gives u d option of taking the charge locally (from ur own account) or from the person u are sending d money to.

I'm almost sure the bank officials didn't tell him it would cost him a total of £70p for the whole transaction. Na wah for dis bank people sef, after charging £60p, another £10p again.
The most annoying part is that he may have to Transfer another £80p just to balance up the minimum deposit. That means £10p gets reflected after paying another £70 in bank charges.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
Donxavier:

I'm almost sure the bank officials didn't tell him it would cost him a total of £70p for the whole transaction. Na wah for dis bank people sef, after charging £60p, another £10p again.
The most annoying part is that he may have to Transfer another £80p just to balance up the minimum deposit. That means £10p gets reflected after paying another £70 in bank charges.
the school jst emailed me that it does not matter,that I would make it up during registration,this was the mail they sent ..Dear Student,

Thank you for your email.

It is a common occurrence we receive less than the original transfer as most bank charge a fee for overseas transactions.

The University will make an allowance for the shortfall and the admissions process will continue. Most students make up the shortfall during registration.

Kindest Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^
Way to go bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
holloziggi: the school jst emailed me that it does not matter,that I would make it up during registration,this was the mail they sent ..Dear Student,

It is a common occurrence we receive less than the original transfer as most bank charge a fee for overseas transactions.

The University will make an allowance for the shortfall and the admissions process will continue. Most students make up the shortfall during registration.

Kindest Regards

Godspeed bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
kunlewoye:
YOU REALLY DON'T NEED OUR ADVICE HERE ON THIS! MAN, TAKE THIS UP WITH THE SCHOOL AND BANK ASAP!! WHY DO YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO POST AND ASK FOR OUR APPROVAL TO INQUIRE FROM THE BANK/SCHOOL ON HERE WHEN YOU CAN JUST SEND 2 E-MAILS, MAX, TO KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG? PLS DON'T SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG, i USED A DOM ACCT AS WELL AND SENT THEM 3K, ABOUT 56POUNDS WAS CHARGED AND DEDUCTED FROM THE REMAINING BALANCE IN THAT ACCT, IT DID NOT AFFECT THE AMOUNT I TRANSFERRED AT ALL.

It's good he brought it up here. Many others reading would have gained a thing or two from the resultant discussions. I learnt a lot myself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donbigboy(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ladies and Gentleman, i recently mail my school for 2 weeks extension because of the following reason : I deposited my tuition fees and maintenance fees on the 27 of july which will mature by 27 august "28days" and hope to submit by 29 august. Though my lecture start by 24 september. So in the light of the above i mail my school for 2 week extention and they told me that i have uptill 28 of september to resumed. My question is will the embassy have enough time to process my visa with the limited time frame. But they also said the UKBA already have this information in their system but i dont see 28 in my but just the 24 september.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Donxavier:

It's good he brought it up here. Many others reading would have gained a thing or two from the resultant discussions. I learnt a lot myself.
well said,we all learn from eachoda here,kolawole u going 2salford also rt,send me ur email or pin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
donbigboy: Ladies and Gentleman, i recently mail my school for 2 weeks extension because of the following reason : I deposited my tuition fees and maintenance fees on the 27 of july which will mature by 27 august "28days" and hope to submit by 29 august. Though my lecture start by 24 september. So in the light of the above i mail my school for 2 week extention and they told me that i have uptill 28 of september to resumed. My question is will the embassy have enough time to process my visa with the limited time frame. But they also said the UKBA already have this information in their system but i dont see 28 in my but just the 24 september.
Thanks

28 days from July 28 as Day 1 is 24th August. You may submit on 27th Aug.

There is enough time to process the Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
holloziggi: the school jst emailed me that it does not matter,that I would make it up during registration,this was the mail they sent ..Dear Student,

Kindest Regards

THERE YOU GO! SEE YOU IN SALFORD!!

Donxavier:

YH, I RECKON
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
holloziggi: well said,we all learn from eachoda here,kolawole u going 2salford also rt,send me ur email or pin
SEE AS YOU DO ME STRONG NAMING SHARPLY... NAME'S KUNLEWOYE, BRUV, NOT KOLAWOLE O grin .. THIS KINDA FEELS LIKE A 'GRADUATION' PAGE FROM THE TIER4 INQUIRIES PAGE... BIG UPS TO PHLAMY
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
I applied for my visa on the 24th at lekki making it 16 working days. i haven't gotton a text but i just tracked it online and it says my application is ready for collection. i would give them the whole of Thursday to send me my text while i would go pick it up on friday. Would update u guys.

g2db2do: @house..did any1 submit @ d VI vfs centre on the 19th of july cos I did nd till now I ve NOT received any notification or whatsoeva. Someone shud pls ans my q
have u gotten a notification yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dharkchild: I applied for my visa on the 24th at lekki making it 16 working days. i haven't gotton a text but i just tracked it online and it says my application is ready for collection. i would give them the whole of Thursday to send me my text while i would go pick it up on friday. Would update u guys.

have u gotten a notification yet?
NO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
g2db2do: NO

try tracking it, if you cant... i think you should mail or call them tomorrow so you hear what they have to say considering the fact that monday and tuesday is declared holiday in Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Pls can give a number I cud call them on
Dharkchild:

try tracking it, if you cant... i think you should mail or call them tomorrow so you hear what they have to say considering the fact that monday and tuesday is declared holiday in Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
[@Dharkchild]

Congrats guy. Waiting for your testimony oh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
g2db2do: Pls can give a number I cud call them on

Can someone pls help. sombody, anybody
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dharkchild:

Can someone pls help. sombody, anybody

Why don't you track it online? Darkchild can help with the links
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
g2db2do: Pls can give a number I cud call them on

I tracked mine using this link. https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx?Data=QjjeqT6tBJlHwGRUVZxtkA%3d%3d
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dear House,

I am new here. I would like to know if anyone here has made use of the courier service delivery. I applied on the 26th of July and paid N4500 for delivery due to my crazy work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
[quote author=Dharkchild]I applied for my visa on the 24th at lekki making it 16 working days. i haven't gotton a text but i just tracked it online and it says my application is ready for collection. i would give them the whole of Thursday to send me my text while i would go pick it up on friday. Would update u guys.

@darkchild you dont need to wait for their sms notification, once the status says ready for collection it means you can pick it up. You should pick it up tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hi everyone, hope everything's going alright, and the visa's are rolling in. Just wishing everyone here success, while packing your bags balm up oh, cos the cold here is something else, the land where the cars turn on the heater and not ac, and the water is never refrigerated. For those who've already got visa, safe trip and all the best in your endeavours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Cavenchy: Hi everyone, hope everything's going alright, and the visa's are rolling in. Just wishing everyone here success, while packing your bags balm up oh, cos the cold here is something else, the land where the cars turn on the heater and not ac, and the water is never refrigerated. For those who've already got visa, safe trip and all the best in your endeavourss.

Hey, where have you been? When y'all get the visas una go just disappear forget everybody for here. Hope you good though.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by trababe: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hello,every one ,new in the house...you guys are doing a very good job,I ve been following the thread.
I submitted my tier 4 visa application on the 25th of July at the VFS in Ikeja and requested for courier service,have not heard anything from them,I am also very anxious as my WAEC certificate does not carry my middle name,would that affect my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
Donxavier:

Hey, where have you been? When y'all get the visas una go just disappear forget everybody for here. Hope you good though.

Very funny guy, but I got my visa long before and I've still been supporting and advising, read through the thread. Had to take some time off to make travelling arrangements so don't worry I'm still with y'all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
@dolz11: thanks, I actually have another appointment tomorrow so I would have to go on Friday

@cavenchy: thanks for the info, its been like for ever, sure you doing good.

trababe: Hello,every one ,new in the house...you guys are doing a very good job,I ve been following the thread.
I submitted my tier 4 visa application on the 25th of July at the VFS in Ikeja and requested for courier service,have not heard anything from them,I am also very anxious as my WAEC certificate does not carry my middle name,would that affect my application

Today makes it exactly 15 working days, no need to panic yet, you would get it. You can track it online to know if its out while you expect your delivery.

As for your fears for the waec, you submitted already just hope for the best, you would find out in a couple of days. You would be fine.

All the beat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by trababe: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dharkchild:

is there a number to call or email,can yoy please help wit it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
I submitted on 25th of July and My Local Government being my Sponsor. Today makes it exactly 15 day with the payment of courier too. I haven't been able to track the application process online and also no text yet . I am getting more and more Nervous. We all need the words of encouragements at this period. Hope My local govt being my sponsor won't have any thing to do with the inability of not been able to track it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by trababe: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dharkchild: @dolz11: thanks, I actually have another appointment tomorrow so I would have to go on Friday

@cavenchy: thanks for the info, its been like for ever, sure you doing good.

Today makes it exactly 15 working days, no need to panic yet, you would get it. You can track it online to know if its out while you expect your delivery.

As for your fears for the waec, you submitted already just hope for the best, you would find out in a couple of days. You would be fine.

All the beat
Thank you,I will find out ,but nervous,those it actually pose a problem,though WAEC was not included on my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
all those who applied 25th,no need to panic. We just need someone with info on the courier delivery and how it works..anyone here with info should pls share
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Makomen, are you sure put in your reference number correctly ? The courier delivery takes 2-3 days , so if you used courier expect your visa on the 18th day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Cavenchy:

. Had to take some time off to make travelling arrangements.

Wetin una go talk before grin
It's all good brov, see you in Jand
Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.