Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864640 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
derbylicious:
Hey guys!

Is anyone here going to Colchester campus @UniOfEssex??

@£820 per month ,is rent inclusive??

I intend to do my TB test next week,please where is the specific tb test center in lagos??

Pardon my multiple questions, but it is said that he who asks questions never goes astray

5D Reverend Ogunbiyi street, GRA, Ikeja. If you are going with public transport, you need to get to lasuth first then take a keke to GRA. Just tell them the street they would drop you in front of the close. Ask the security men for IOM, they would gladly direct you. You need to book an appointment first and ask how much it would be in august. I think I heard that it is going to be 28k in August.

If you are planning to go next week, I advise you to call them tomorrow o. Yesterday they had no slot for today and only 7:30am slot for Friday which quickly filled up.

If you have anymore questions concerning IOM, let me know.

Yes, accommodation is included in the estimate. £820 is inclusive of accommodation, feeding, clothing, entertainment, books, laundry and something else. I can't remember.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by derbylicious: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thanks diva,
I think I'd do it in abj instead,my colleagues did theirs there and no appointments booked...just walk in and it's done

Thanks for assuring me all those inclusive especially accommodation...I have to get one off campus but at a walking distance to school, all the affordable ones in campus are fully booked!!!!

Which uni are you heading to??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Petitediva14:

Can you imagine? I just dash those people 1k.... angry angry
Ehya dashed the passport guys 1k too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
scoobs:
Ehya dashed the passport guys 1k too.

Sorry o smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
Please someone should answer me.
Pls i need to clarify. My school only put my pearson pte and certificate from my online mba. Do you guys think i should add my undergrad certificate and transcript since they are not in the CAS?

Also in my application i wrote i was staying in a hotel. However with my friends help I've just secured a two bedroom flat and i have cancelled my hotel booking.. should i write a letter and attach to my documents showing I have an apartment. Mind you my children are aged 7 and 1 so i don't know if a two bed is what they would term adequate. I'm just worried about them checking and finding a cancelled booking.

Pls i would really appreciate a response thanks for your help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hitunes(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
derbylicious:
Hey guys!

Is anyone here going to Colchester campus @UniOfEssex??

@£820 per month ,is rent inclusive??

I intend to do my TB test next week,please where is the specific tb test center in lagos??

Pardon my multiple questions, but it is said that he who asks questions never goes astray

Yes o..... Uni of Essex
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by derbylicious: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
hitunes:

Yes o..... Uni of Essex

Omg...finally!!!! We r like endangered species!!!!
Gotten accommodation??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hitunes(m): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
derbylicious:

Omg...finally!!!! We r like endangered species!!!!
Gotten accommodation??

Am so hapi, aftr searching 4 sooo long....... Nope..... Still tryin 2 get 1.......Wich dept re u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by derbylicious: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
hitunes:

Am so hapi, aftr searching 4 sooo long....... Nope..... Still tryin 2 get 1.......Wich dept re u?

Mathematical science, you?
What's your program ;BSc or MSc??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
thababe:
Pls i need to clarify. My school only put my pearson pte and certificate from my online mba. Do you guys think i should add my undergrad certificate and transcript since they are not in the CAS?
Also in my application i wrote i was staying in a hotel. However with my friends help I've just secured a two bedroom flat and i have cancelled my hotel booking.. should i write a letter and attach to my documents showing I have an apartment. Mind you my children are aged 7 and 1 so i don't know if a two bed is what they would term adequate. I'm just worried about them checking and finding a cancelled booking.

someone should answer pls smiley..also seems no one is going Exeter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hitunes(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
derbylicious:

Mathematical science, you?
What's your program ;BSc or MSc??

Msc. Statistics and Econometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by derbylicious: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
hitunes:

Msc. Statistics and Econometrics

IT'S a lie!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hitunes(m): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
derbylicious:

IT'S a lie!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol...... Y dat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 31, 2015
thababe:

You are required to show only documents stated on CAS. Any extra is your choice.
Also, a 2 bedroom flat is adequate. However, you should be able to explain at your interview, if asked, reason for your accommodation choice. Note the cancelled reservation and provide evidence of your new accommodation if available.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Naijamark God bless you for responding. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Just paid 500 naira to print out my appointment letter because I didn't know better. I printed the application but not the letter. I hate being exploited!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by igwejay67: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2015
MrMarcus:

Exactly!!!

I previously suggested this route considering the very high cost of direct flights when even the said direct flight would connect from another airport before arriving Aberdeen.

Pls I would like to hear from you on the sleeper couch it sounds cool though I initially opted for flight from London to Aberdeen £80.

Go online and check megabus operates this service tried it once and it was an amazing experience and it costs a fraction of flight costs, for domestic flights you are only allowed one bag and i assumed you will be coming with a lot of luggages so you have to factor excess luggage charges as well but with train or the sleeper service your luggages are free. Bottom line every penny saved counts ...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Petitediva14:
Just paid 500 naira to print out my appointment letter because I didn't know better. I printed the application but not the letter. I hate being exploited!!!
wow sorry for that. Continue to update us as you proceed. Can u also list all d documents required that u took along. Mine own appointment date is nxt wk Tues. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2015
igwejay67:

Go online and check megabus operates this service tried it once and it was an amazing experience and it costs a fraction of flight costs, for domestic flights you are only allowed one bag and i assumed you will be coming with a lot of luggages so you have to factor excess luggage charges as well but with train or the sleeper service your luggages are free. Bottom line every penny saved counts ...

Thanks a lot bro..
I almost forgot the luggage aspect.
I guess flying from London to Aberdeen is off the options..cos as expected I have more than just one luggage.

Sleeper couch I would love to try out..a new adventure indeed.
Please what's the time duration for the sleeper couch and train??
The train is locomotive or speed train?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2015
Just finished my interview at ikeja.

Awaiting result now....

but I had to fill a 'get it right' form after the interview because I didn't submit any test of english requirement just waec as stated by Coventry University.

Some of the questions tho....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by teegirl2810: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Good morning people
Pls what is the pick up time for teleperformance ikeja?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by derbylicious: 11:50am On Jul 31, 2015
hitunes:

Lol...... Y dat

How far have you gone with visa??
Are u f or m??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
djfrancis:
Just finished my interview at ikeja.

Awaiting result now....

but I had to fill a 'get it right' form after the interview because I didn't submit any test of english requirement just waec as stated by Coventry University.

Some of the questions tho....
best of luck bro wats d get it right form and wat questions whr u asked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by igwejay67: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrMarcus:

Thanks a lot bro..
I almost forgot the luggage aspect.
I guess flying from London to Aberdeen is off the options..cos as expected I have more than just one luggage.

Sleeper couch I would love to try out..a new adventure indeed.
Please what's the time duration for the sleeper couch and train??
The train is locomotive or speed train?

Thanks.
The megabus coach leaves Victoria station London by 11pm and arrives at Glasgow 7am or earlier and I forgot to add you get a complementary drink and snack before you leave and breakfast in the morning. Glasgow to Aberdeen is about 2 hours. As for train virgin train is the fastest it leaves from London Euston and arrives in Glasgow its about 4 hours plus journey, then connect another train to Aberdeen for another 2 hours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
bidosko:
best of luck bro wats d get it right form and wat questions whr u asked

Thanks bro

In the get it right form, u have to state why u dont need a test of english result.

Questions such as name n date of birth, when I applied to the school n when I got a response, when I got CAS, why I chose d course, UK and d school, plans for accommodation when I get to d UK e.t.c
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
teegirl2810:
Good morning people Pls what is the pick up time for teleperformance ikeja? thanks
You would get a mail from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by teegirl2810: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
scoobs:
You would get a mail from them.

I already got a mail that it's ready for collection but I need to know I can go there anytime to it up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ufeedoh: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Petitediva14:
Guys pls I have a big issue. I have my birth certificate but it is laminated and I think I read somewhere that UK embassy doesn't like laminated documents. However I don't know if it is speculation or not so I got an age declaration (which I hate). My question is which one should I submit? D declaration or the laminated birth certificate. I am submitting my mother's bank statements too. Please someone should respond soon. My interview is tomorrow o.
Please can one use a declaration of age for the Embassy since I will be using my dad's account statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
teegirl2810:

I already got a mail that it's ready for collection but I need to know I can go there anytime to it up
pick it up anytime.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by teegirl2810: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
scoobs:
pick it up anytime.
Thanks scoobs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
ufeedoh:

Please can one use a declaration of age for the Embassy since I will be using my dad's account statement

You need your birth certificate or a court declaration that states your date of birth and that your dad is who you said he is.
Also, a letter of sponsorship from your dad

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ufeedoh: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
spikesC:

You need your birth certificate or a court declaration that states your date of birth and that your dad is who you said he is.
Also, a letter of sponsorship from your dad
Am going for postgraduate thought letter of sponsorship is only needed for 18

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.