Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (86602 Views)

Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Srallens(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2015
tanimola22:

I think you can, but it all depends on the institution you are willing to attend. UNILAG accepts anything physics to its MSc geophysics programme. All you need is a 2:2 or better.

If you are looking to study abroad, then try some schools in the Netherlands. They give full scholarships, about 1400-2000euros/month, but your grades have to be stellar. Try, for example, TUDelf.

T22.
. Can u pls inbox me ur contact? I'll wanna get ur advice abt certain tins. Tanx. srallens80@gmail.com
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Srallens(m): 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
jonath0012:
Hello fellow physicists, I studied physics/education with CGPA very close to first class. Planning to do M.sc in Geophysics or medical physics....I feel there should be more pool of options I can choose from... Would like to know your view on that
. Can u pls inbox me ur mobile digits @ srallens80@gmail.com so dat we can share ideas? Aspiring to go for masters in geophysics too
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by highbeeola(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
Do you Care for a Step-by-Step
Easy to Follow Ebook Tutorial to Make you Over #200,000 Every Month Stop wasting precious time Online, Pocket extra Income while you surf the Net.
http://wealtharenabiz.com/optin.html
NB:This is not a scam it legit

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by jonath0012(m): 8:00am On Apr 17, 2015
Srallens:
. Can u pls inbox me ur mobile digits @ srallens80@gmail.com so dat we can share ideas? Aspiring to go for masters in geophysics too

sent!
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Spencer63(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2015
As a fresh physics graduate without NYSC certification...
What do you advice I do apart from teaching?.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by babatundey5: 9:18pm On May 08, 2015
Is it possible for me to do my masters in electrical engineering
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Spencer63(m): 9:46pm On May 08, 2015
babatundey5:
Is it possible for me to do my masters in electrical engineering
Yeah, I think so
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by illuminatis: 11:55pm On May 09, 2015
Pls I need advise, have a Bsc, Applied geophysics, 3rd class, looking for a university overseas or Good Nigerian University that can accept me to do Msc Geology directly without the hassle of PGD..pls some1 shud guide me, time is of essence. thanks
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by roland007: 12:42am On May 11, 2015
I'm 400lvl physics electronics student of futa with a very good cgpa (not for pride), am currently in need of industrial training placement, Pls I need it asap. Pls co-physisict help ur boy.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 6:39am On May 12, 2015
roland007:
I'm 400lvl physics electronics student of futa with a very good cgpa (not for pride), am currently in need of industrial training placement, Pls I need it asap. Pls co-physisict help ur boy.

Which you success and goodluck.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by seunwen2(m): 12:34am On May 16, 2015
tanimola22:
Although your last sentence is exasperating, I will nonetheless comment on your thread for the sake of other physicists on this forum.

Now, there is no special challenge that physics graduates face in the labor market and other graduates do not face. Being a graduate of physics is never a disadvantage in any way. In fact, it is a huge advantage. Just like mathematics, physics trains people to be very analytic. Many companies, both in Nigeria and elsewhere, are looking for people who are sound and can think analytically. Physics trains people to have these traits and even more.

Another thing I would like to draw to your notice is the fact that no company in Nigeria goes around saying we need physicists. I don't know where you got your data from, but I know that there are plenty physicists in many oil and gas companies, telecoms, banks, consulting and even accounting firms, but they are not working as physicists. We don't do high level research in Nigeria and thus many physics graduates do not work as physicists in Nigeria.

It is a nauseating piece of falsehood for anyone to assert that physics graduates will only end up in a classroom teaching physics. A very close family member of mine who read physics( and finished NYSC this year) just got a bank job there in Nigeria. Many of the physics graduates I know are not high school teachers. The best quants on Wall Street are physicists, not even economists or finance grads. These quants earn as much as $$750K/year. I can go on and on.

The advice I have for you guys is what we call 'the scatter gun approach'. Apply to as many companies as possible, say, like 100-200 companies per month. Depending on the strength of your paper qualifications, at least one of the companies should call you for a test.

Good luck!

I will like to get your contact physicists you can reach me on my whatsapp with this number 08132034880
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by seunwen2(m): 12:36am On May 16, 2015
Hello physicists in the building i have a lower credit in BSc Physics right now i don't know what the future holds is there a way i can get a lecturing Job with my lower credit or source for other alternatives
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by harbayo20(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2015
I can tell you guys one surest way to be financially freed(in which you can earn back even far more than the start up money within that same day & it goes on and on like that) your other family members will even thank you for this great step you about taking today coz they are going to be blessed in many ways through you with just N6,600,....Beep me up through my signature if you're ready coz financial freedom is not for everybody!
I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY!!!
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by RedReact: 7:56pm On May 16, 2015
seunwen2:
Hello physicists in the building i have a lower credit in BSc Physics right now i don't know what the future holds is there a way i can get a lecturing Job with my lower credit or source for other alternatives

Common fellow Physicist!!! We physicists don't allow the world to box us to the corner but we create a path for ourselves.

Since lecturing is your focus, you can enroll for a Masters degree program in Physics or go for a PGD program in such and try as much to do some self studies, to equip yourself by yourself. Furthermore, you can start from these colleges of education or others and work your way to the university level, and with God on your side, you will surely get there.

Never let the past determine the future but motivate and encourage you to do better.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by laboguashi(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2015
Where are the Block 5 up people Na?

Dont tell me there's none on this thread o.

Coming back.....
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Bsideboi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
I know this is an old thread but permit me to revive it...... I'm also a graduate of Industrial physics with a low CGPA of around 2.4. I'm thinking of pursuing an M. Sc.... I will need advice on the M. Sc options or post graduate degree options relevant to my course option ......... I'm Considering applied Geophysics.Any other candid suggestions??
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by seunwen2(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tanimola what's the best PGD for a physics graduate? graduated with 2.2 and am thinking of crossing to medical line
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Temayo: 9:09am On Jul 29, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Anybody help!

I urgently need course outline for ionospheric space and radio propagation m.sc.

sorry for all inconveniencies.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Alexyswiss(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
pls I am currently studying Bsc physics in univ of agric. makurdi 300L
I intend to go into the aviation sector after graduation
anyone should please give me directives
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Adeonolus: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Pls i'm going to 200L this november with the course 'physics with electronics' what are the course outline for me to study before our resumption on november and Whr are the place I can do my IT pls I need ur respond fast.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dondiggy: 7:13am On Sep 08, 2015
Adeonolus:
Pls i'm going to 200L this november with the course 'physics with electronics' what are the course outline for me to study before our resumption on november and Whr are the place I can do my IT pls I need ur respond fast.
@ 200 level you will still do some basic physics and other borrow course. Be preparing for mechanics, wave and optics, classical physics, thermodynamics, some little introduction to electronics. For materials to study You can get schaums series that's what I can remember for now

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by simiolu1(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
So finally guys my FYP has been published by IJSER August 2015 edition. So happy and elated because the news came a day before my birthday... What a wonderful birthday gift. Finally, all the hard work I did writing that project has paid off

2 Likes

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by dondiggy: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
simiolu1:
So finally guys my FYP has been published by IJSER August 2015 edition. So happy and elated because the news came a day before my birthday... What a wonderful birthday gift. Finally, all the hard work I did writing that project has paid off

Congrats bro wink

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Adeonolus: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2015
Tanks, which physics text book can u pls recommend for me coz I ve only nelkon & palker ' Advanced Physics'
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by simiolu1(m): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2015
Adeonolus:
Tanks, which physics text book can u pls recommend for me coz I ve only nelkon & palker ' Advanced Physics'

If your curriculum is mathematics intensive, then Schaum series would be a good buy. Because Physics is quite wide it's rare to see a textbook that covers everything.

In the end, always endeavour to ask the textbook a lecturer is using as his main reference point for the course he is taking you.

In Electronics, electrical Bible is the king. I've forgotten the name of the author. Mechanics, quantum physics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism and other fields in physics also have their textbooks.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by simiolu1(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2015
dondiggy:

Congrats bro wink

Thanks really appreciate
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by jp130(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
Wats d mini point som1 shud av in oda 2 do phd in nigerian university
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by princehabyb(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2015
thats nigeria for us all....we all have to work smart these days to be succesful!...meanwhile i've this small but mighty gift for you all

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Jamzig1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hello Physicists! and every other person(s) in this thread. Actually in my 1st and only UTME last year I chose to study Civil Engr. in one of our Federal Universities Probably I didnt meet the Cut-off(the cut-oft wasnt published) for Civil Engr. I was offered Physics which I chose to study. I am now through with 100Level(2.1). I am interested in specializing in "Instrumentation & Control". My questions are: 1. How lucrative is that area of specialization. 2. How do i build myself to become a professional in the aforementioned. 3. What other area of Physics has higher prospects than the aforementioned. Thanks in advance. By the way, I am 17
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by jp130(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
jp130:
Wats d mini point som1 shud av in oda 2 do phd in nigerian university
plz i need ansa to dis question
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by rafel0(m): 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
hi physicist am new here.am aspiring to study physics in ui.is it a good choice. av bin browsin dis tread frm d beginin.it a place to b. u can forward ur reply to lemrex16@gmail.com
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by icequeen93: 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
hi physicist, I am a graduate of industrial physics and I want to go for my masters in medical physics at unn, unizik or unilag and a friend of mine just told me that after the masters I still have to go down to sokoto for some training don't know how true it is. don't know if anyone have a suggestion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / CEO Back Home Now Cleaning Nyash In UK - Curvy Nigerian Lady Breaks Down In Tear / Woman Working At A Building Site In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.