Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria (5744 Views)

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Calabar Nigeria's Biggest Tourism Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by ibenwanne: 9:22am On Dec 19, 2011
I live in England, will be travelling to Nigeria soon. I will like to visit the Obudu cattle ranch in Calabar but I could not find how or where to start as there is no website or phone number to call.
Please could someone help me with ideas and what to expect while there.

Thanks [color=#006600][/color][/size][/font]
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by Dyt(f): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2011
well obudu s a place 2 b
hotels oustide d ranch r lovely, dunno if d protea in dere s still functionin
u board a plan 2 calabar n ova or almost 6hrs drive 2 obudu *yh d rd s bad plus d cable aint workin no more n even d flight operatin frm calabar s dead* very cold so u pack ursef
d cheapest hotel s ova $400 per nyt
i hp i v bn able 2 give u a clue
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by ibenwanne: 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2011
wow! Is it all that bad.
Thanks for the idea
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by Dyt(f): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2011
Bad?
Where did i write dat?
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by kasparov77: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2011
Hello @ibenwanne, i was at Obudu in April with my family for Easter and we had an awesome time.
First and foremost i will encourage you to do a proper planning for your trip to the Ranch from wherever you are coming from. Upon arrival there i can assure you that Obudu is one of the best Resorts in Nigeria .
The rooms are nice but a bit more expensive compared with the standard anywhere else in the world.
I will leave the rest to your imagination. You can place a call to "Remlord Tourism - 08191303238", they actually helped with my logistics from Lagos to the Ranch.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by kasparov77: 9:17am On Dec 20, 2011
You can also check this thread out, Obudu was well discussed :
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816993.0.html
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by ibenwanne: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for having the time and effort to write about it. 1 will be coming from England, few days in Abuja, then onward to Obudu.
Please do advise me, is driving down there better than getting a flight or is there any other means of getting there with less stress. Thanks
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by Dyt(f): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
For ur tickets anywhere
dont hesitate 2 drop a mail info@omicronintegraedtravels.net
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
Dyt:

well obudu s a place 2 b
hotels oustide d ranch r lovely, dunno if d protea in dere s still functionin
u board a plan 2 calabar n ova or almost 6hrs drive 2 obudu *yh d rd s bad plus d cable aint workin no more n even d flight operatin frm calabar s dead* very cold so u pack ursef
d cheapest hotel s ova $400 per nyt
i hp i v bn able 2 give u a clue

^^^If it's true that the road leading to the resort is bad (6 hrs on a bad road should be murder on the bum), and the cable cars (one of the reasons for going there in the first place) aren't working, then i've got a simple question: what the f*uck has Imoke been doing for the past four and a half years shocked?

Obudu is the jewel in the crown for Cross Rivers State, but i feel they're not doing enough to sell the resort to the rest of the country/world angry. Maybe it would have been a better story if Duke was still in charge. Imagine, someone from abroad is considering visiting the place for christmas with his family and there's next to no information out there to help him plan his trip.

I tire for this country. Sometimes the problems we have as a country don't need much to solve, but due to our laziness and lack of imagination the problems persist.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by Dyt(f): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
Obudu s lovely
dont misquote me
all clue i gave s b4 u get dere, d only means of transportation s d rd,d plane n cable dat goes frm calabar-obudu aint operatin no more
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:28am On Dec 23, 2011
Who is misquoting you undecided? Where did i say that Obudu is not lovely? The cable car not working and the stopping of flights between Calabar and Obudu shows a lack of seriousness on the part of whoever is incharge, and that was what i was talking about. And if i understood your text speak well, you also alluded to the fact that the road (6 hours journey) is in a bad state. Surely that's the State Govts responsibility to fix.

It seems the State Govt is underperforming, and if we don't call their attention to these issues, they may think everything is ok and it's business as usual.

The natural beauty of the place was not what i was talikng about in this instance.
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by Dyt(f): 9:15am On Dec 23, 2011
yh
we gd
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by ibenwanne: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
You did hit the bull in the eye, if all these aren't working or functioning as it should be, why calling it paradise on earth or paradise in Nigeria. I did like you thinking and the way it did flows.
Cheers
Re: Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria by mystikal(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2011
The road to Obudu from Calabar is not bad at all. the 6 hours or so journey is just the length of the journey. It is long by road. The cable cars and shuttle flights stopped working. . .true.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Travel Blogs In Nigeria / Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced / How Much Is A Return Ticket To Turkey From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.