Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch (49241 Views)

A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Informations About Obudu Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2013
A month and some weeks ago, some of my fellow ex-corpers(we have all passed out). Called me from one of the villages in cross river state,ogoja, sayimg they wanted to take a trip to obudu mountain resort as it is being called now. Well, the adventorous me couldnt turn down an offer like that. And considering the fact that not so many people get to go there from calabar because the distance is like 8hrs from calabar. Inasmuch as I hate travelling, I decided to join them.
My phone had a problem that same day after the whole trip. And I just got most of them back. They mite not be much but, honestly, I can't keep these kind of magical views to myself, sooo........

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2013
Following smiley
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by enigmagu1(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2013
hmm
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by ayolatun(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2013
Been to Obudu once and the place is so on point. The cable car ride was scary and interesting at the same time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2013
The ones I posted earlier were images of the entrance.
More pictures coming up...
Our walk in, the cable cars....

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Samotobor1(m): 8:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Make sense
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 13, 2013
you guys should please just hang on.network is really dealing with me. i have close to 16 pictures.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Tayeni(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2013
mZ sleeq: you guys should please just hang on.network is really dealing with me. i have close to 16 pictures.
breath taking views. how affordable was d accommodation. Where did you lodge? And how long did you stay?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Smoothcriminal: 8:50am On Oct 13, 2013
God bless u OP I am planning to travel there next week with my family, but almost decided to cancel because of lack of recent reviews of the place online. Kindly answer these questions for me.

Let me state that I will be setting out from abuja and I have never been to the east before.

1. Where is d nearest active airport to obudu
2. How far is obudu from the nearest airport
2. What's the frequency of flights to that airport / what airline.
4. How much would a drop cost from d nearest airport to obudu / or advice on where to get a cheap car hire
5. How much is a decent accomodation/ or advice on a decent accomodation
6. Where there LOTS of other visitors as at the time of ur visit.
7. Is it true that electricity is rationed and u need to pay for extra hours u may need/ how is it rationed
8. What activities would you suggest while there.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR RESPONSE OR ANYBODY RESPONSE FOR THAT MATTER.

PS. MODS KINDLY SET UP A SECTION FOR LOCAL TRAVELS/REVIEWS, IT'S PATHETIC THAT ALL WE DISCUSS ON THE TRAVEL SECTION IS HOW TO CUT OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Smoothcriminal: 8:50am On Oct 13, 2013
Double post
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 13, 2013
Our tour guide said the cable cars have never fallen off the wires. Maintenance is always carried out on it on mondays to wednesssdays. So if u go during any of these days, u would taje d road journey instead.
If u are afraid of height, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT try that cable car journey, the ranch itself is 5000ft above ground level. And the cable cars keep going up, till ire virually in the clouds.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2013
@tayeni and smooth criminal,I would answer your questions as soon as I'm done with posting the pictures.please bear with me,my ba3 is also goin off very soon.
I had my heart in my mouth throughout the cable car journey, even if there was no road network, I was prepared to jog the whole 5000ft down.
I might not have seen so many road networks in my life but this one takes the A- out of the MAZE- ING. Wait for it.....
More pics coming up

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 13, 2013
When going there,please make sure to wear CLOTHES, I mean clothes that cover because its very cold up there, and I mean it.

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 13, 2013
There are 3 villages on the ranch, and there is a link from the ranch directly to cameroon.
The next set of pictures are what the tour guide said they called the holy mountain, he said the cameroonians used to run there to hide 4rm slavemasters and during times of war.

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Caracta(f): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
mZ sleeq: Our tour guide said the cable cars have never fallen off the wires. Maintenance is always carried out on it on mondays to wednesssdays. So if u go during any of these days, u would taje d road journey instead.
If u are afraid of height, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT try that cable car journey, the ranch itself is 5000ft above ground level. And the cable cars keep going up, till ire virually in the clouds.

Lol....i refused to use cable car. Had to ride with a friend on the road. We almost had an accident. One of the car tyres went flat and we almost fell off the mountain after the driver lost control. God saved us. It took hours before help came. You know the network on the ranch is very bad. Nobody to call.

For safety, i think you should use a cable car. Even if you are afraid of heights...close your eyes and endure.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Caracta(f): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
@OP, do you have pictures of the swimming pool and the big cows? The pool is beaurrrriful!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
That's d only pool picture I have, the rest have my friends in it.
More pics as soon as I can, will answer ur questions when my phone is charged

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Swiftboy(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2013
Well A friend of mine has been there before,showed me some pictures and since then,I've made up my mind to visit the place!
https://www.nairaland.com/1477575/nairaland-artiste-needs-votes_contest-almost
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
okay, tayeni, we didnt sleep over cos things on the ranch are expensive. the least u can get accomodation there is 20k per night, and the least for food is 2k per plate, but the tour guide said the villagers have mini hotels that go for 5k per night and food, 5h per plate.
@ smopoth criminal, there is an airstrip before obudu, but it is only active during carnival times, that is december, there is also a nice pool there, the aire journey would be from margaret ekpo airport in calabar to an airstrip around obudu, after which u would still have to drive into the ranch, but there s provisiions for the road journey. I don't know the price of the air journey.
People weren't really much when I went, but I know the population of people that go there during d carnival time is much
@caracta, to each his own, if I ever go to the ranch again, its definitely going to be road,with a good driver.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
More

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Cross river state accomodation on the ranch.

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Madawaki01(m): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wow,nice thread op
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Sermwell(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
C
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
ok
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by 4reigningqueen: 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
ok na.but where are the cattles?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
BEAUTIFUL!

THIS IS NIGERIA!

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Jeezy: 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Where is the cattle?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by kayslimshady(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kk
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Samsantos9: 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nice thread and cool pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano Commissions Anambra International Airport (Pictures) / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.