Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. (13526 Views)

People Like Nnamdi Kanu And Sambo Dasuki Do Not Deserve Bail – Buhari / Jonathan And Sambo With Oritsejafor, CAN President, Others / Federal Government Agency Buys 10 Bullet Proof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2011
sir rinky:

@beaf, used to anticipate reading your opinion on certain issues but quite frankly of recent your very erratic and totally senseless comments perplexes me and i am still trying to fathom the reason a sane person would reason as such. @ this highly volatile conditions in which we find ourselves with high rate of infrastructural decay,unemployment,non-existent educational sector and reverse development do you honestly think its the moral thing to do,for the president to purchase cars at such amounts and yet still look @ the budgetary allocation for feeding of the presidency accruing to almost 1billion naira, that is roughly 3million naira daily be honest is that actually prudent or genuine. Listen to the voice of wisdom and pass it on to your boss, you might intimidate nigerians individually,oppress certain factions but remember,there is a limit to it and quite frankly its sooner than later when Nigerians get past the threshold of thier tolerance the up-rising would be too hot for him to handle and i know you have seen countries with better security structures toppled. Nigerian youths are resilient,patient,hopeful but are neither silly nor cowards and when the time comes things might get very awfull. You have no idea what the youths are cooking up and i pray it doesnt get there but if it does the presidency would never remain the same. NB: AM NEITHER AN OPPOSITION NOR A POLITICIAN,SO DONT THINK I AM ON SOMEBODY'S PAYROLL

It's good to see peeps seeing the light eventually. There is hope for us in this country.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2011
MeandSum:

Some people are strange. You want the president to ride bicycle to work so you know he cares about you?
I think he needs more than a bullet proof car. They should also get him a command center that blocks cellphone signals in a 1 km radius to stave off any boko haram attempt.
@meandsum.  @beaf. What is strange about dis people?? Tell me? What is strange is saying dat buying such expensive security vehicles for d president cannot save d entire citizenry from d menacing threat of insecurity.
And tell me, who says he was using bicycle to go to work, Why dyu have to be so ignorant of your environment.
Everyday pple are dying from either bomb blast attacks, accident from bad road, innocent children dying from sickness and poverty, and yet mr president has done nothing bout it, rather dan protect himself from dis same death, and allow his fellow nigerians to be exposed to d fangs of death. Tell me, how wicked, self centered, and brutal can he be??
What happened to d former bullet proof vehicles?? Ok even if he wants to renew these vehicles, those it have to be at such lugubrious price? Even d price of d vehicle of d president of d most powerful country is not up to dat!
If dis is how his administration is going to be, then definitely nigeria is never going to be anywhere near achieving d vision 20-20 come year 2020.

Mr president is playin with fire. Sooner or later the nigerian youth are going to revolt. He should just be ready for a massive revolution. Chikena!
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Demdem(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2011
Beaf:

Fashola spent more than twice as much in total as the Presidency, buying amoured cars for himself and Tinubu just a couple of months ago. How could that have been the right time and GEJ's the wrong time?

Hypocrisy. embarassed embarassed embarassedthe

Egbon mi razist, even if fashola got it wrong, does that mean the retardeen should also follow suit?
Beaf:

Since you are from Niger or Chad, why are you bothered about Nigerian issues, Nigerians and the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

We here, don't cater to Ghanaians or whatever. Thank you.

I am a Nigerian and honestly have a very daft and sellfish president.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Thugnificent(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2011
@ beef, i didn't wnt to comment on ur posts but ur stewpity made it unbearable for me. So in ur 'wise' analysis u think buying a bullet proof car worth over $1.8million is appropriate even wen our economy is on d brink of collapsing. Seriously, is ur brain located at ya arse? Dnt u knw that dat money cld be used 2 settle d pressing needs of our delapitating economy? See as university students dey dull away 4 house nd u hve d guts to spill rubbish! So as some1 rightly said, wht do u think wld b ASUU's reaction when they see this? Chei! I never knew brainless lunatics existed until nw.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Aryyor: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2011
If that's how much it costs to get the best of such vehicle for the President's safety, I think there is nothing wrong with that. We cannot estimate the damage that awaits the country should presidency's security be breached. Many of you here spend fortunes buying the latest gadgets and cars while some of your own blood relative is in want of some basic stuff!

I think the main issue here is that our President, in the little time of his government, has not proved to be a prudent manager of the scarce national resource.
First, we hear the unprecedented depletion of our foreign reserves (we are yet to see where all that has been spent on). Then his $7k or so 'transport fare' envelope he attempted to give SNG. What of the bloated figures on fuel subsidy? So many instances of profligacy and clueless wastage. Then recently, N993 million for feeding. Haba!
Tell me, how can we believe that this man is serious about making transformational changes. A man who has not sacrificed a thing to alleviate our sufferings yet will want to take away the little relief we've got. Somebody posted a link of Tam David's West on Buhari and I weep for my country. Can't our president take a cue from good and sacrificial leadership we've had in the past?

May God give us the right leader. If Mr. Jonathan has been distracted and become insensitive to the plight of the common man, may God wake him up to right thinking and the right judgement. If he refuses, his demise is closer than he can imagine. God knows how to remove leaders who forget the pain of the poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Abayomin70(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2011
@@beaf grow up,RAT get brain pass u
Thugnificent:

@ beef, i didn't wnt to comment on your posts but your stewpity made it unbearable for me. So in your 'wise' analysis u think buying a bullet proof car worth over $1.8million is appropriate even wen our economy is on d brink of collapsing. Seriously, is your brain located at ya arse? Dnt u knw that dat money cld be used 2 settle d pressing needs of our delapitating economy? See as university students dey dull away 4 house nd u hve d guts to spill rubbish! So as some1 rightly said, wht do u think wld b ASUU's reaction when they see this? Chei! I never knew brainless lunatics existed until nw.
FACT
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by gentlegg(m): 9:34am On Dec 22, 2011
@ Beaf

For my first time in Nairaland, you are a schmo, a nincompoop and a bonkers.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2011
I do not see this as a problem at all.

Im sure that the bullet proofing they going for is not to stop a 9mm bullet but probably stop a 50 cal.

The cost sounds just right to me. Im sure we dont expect the president to drive around in a honda accord.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 22, 2011
you get what you vote for abi, hate to say we told you so!

this is only the beginning, what is worst is he will run 2015 and will win too cos you accpeted this one. everything goodluck is a lie and a cheat and so are the people around him ( see beaf)

person wey no hear go see shey? grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2011
All of you attacking him, should tell me the cost of a bullet proofed limo capable of stopping a 50,cal bullet complete with reinflatable/run-on-flat tyres.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by superior1: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

All of you attacking him, should tell me the cost of a bullet proofed limo capable of stopping a 50,cal bullet complete with reinflatable/run-on-flat tyres.

Is it bomb proof?, i think our current threat is BH bomb and not bullet
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Demdem(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2011
Aryyor:

May God give us the right leader. If Mr. Jonathan has been distracted and become insensitive to the plight of the common man, may God wake him up to right thinking and the right judgement. If he refuses, his demise is closer than he can imagine. God knows how to remove leaders who forget the pain of the poor.
Don't u get it, he was never the right person for the job. He was simply voted in based on sentiments. His past records especially as gov of bayelsa was miserable. The dumbo isn't distracted, he is simply exhibiting what he is made up of. I belive in the miraculous and this is what we need now for a zero state brain to produce anything worth it even after being blessed.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by superior1: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2011
Demdem:

Don't u get it, he was never the right person for the job. He was simply voted in based on sentiments. His past records especially as gov of bayelsa was miserable. The dumbo isn't distracted, he is simply exhibiting what he is made up of. I belive in the miraculous and this is what we need now for a zero state brain to produce anything worth it even after being blessed.

Raw Truth
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by dammytosh: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2011
READING ABOUT JONATHAN FROM TINUBU'S NEWSPAPER.

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. WE NEED A MORE CREDIBLE SOURCE BEFORE SPITTING THE VENOM.

IF THIS IS TRUE. THEN JESUS WEPT.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Baawaa(m): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2011
We all need Bullet Proof Car
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by fateavon4u(f): 10:32am On Dec 22, 2011
HELL NO!.!!?!!!.This isnt y i voted 4 goodluck,i voted for hm cos whn he was young,he had no shoes MEANING. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by twentycent(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2011
When you lead a people well in uprightness void of corrupt tendencies, why should be afraid? i tell you, there won't be need for all the bullet proof cars et al, People revere a good Leader and would accept him whole heartedly wherever he goes to with or without bullet proof items and be it known that all these Bulletproof this and that does not guarantee safety cos safety is of the Almighty. Fear of the unknown hunting those with grevious misdeeds.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by gokuu(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2011
Only God can save us from these our leaders! All of them are capitalist in nature! Fashola & tibubu grabbed their own copies of BP jeeps just some months ago, now the presidency has purportedly followed suit?? Lord save us! 2015, i'm voting for CPC!
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2011
superior1:

Is it bomb proof?, i think our current threat is BH bomb and not bullet

there are bomb proof vehicles as well.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2011
GEJ is really afraid o, he knws 4 sure dat d removal of fuel subsidy nxt yr will put his lyf on d line,
Him neva wan die bt him actions go cause d frustration nd death of so many,
MTSCHEEEEEEEEEEW!!!
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Hardeyoye: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2011
Bunch of useless people. In a country where over 70% of the citizen cannot eat balanced diet and cannot even feed more than twice a day. A country where over 80% of the graduates are roaming about the street of Lagos looking for job. A country where all the roads are bad, where electricity is so poor. Do they think they will not die again? If I may ask, what happened to the fleet of vehicles in they have been using? These people are just taking the masses for granted. They want to remove fuel subsidy by all means possible and if we talk, they will bring all the forces under their control to subdue us but I want them to know that they cannot kill all of us before they will die too.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by chakula: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2011
They deserves whatever right on claim, and their superiority gives them the chances to reap the nation resources to the ground, but remember time is counting and it will definitely comes to an end.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by sirrinky: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ all: guys is it proper for us to make comparison of ourselves with say the u.k or u.s when the living standards are clearly apart? If the u.s president buys a $2mill car shud the president of nigeria do exactly same because he is a president,should not the economic condition in his country reflect in his use of scarce resources. He is buying bomb and bullet proof cars because he loves his life, what about the majority of us that cant afford such oh. our bloods would be use to paint the national assembly right, isnt dis a selfish solution to the security problem we are facing. Alot of people blab here about the president using bicycle to work, whats the big deal is it not done in places like china? what happened to his current fleet have boko haram bombed them all. If he was really an honest person why have they not set up the car manufacturing plants they talked about atleast he could have given some more employment to the teeming youths and ordered his vehicle from there. believe if the president and Fg continues in this path boko haram would not be considered a threat compared to what the angry nigerian youth would do** ALUTA
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by sniperwolf(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2011
These guys don't know what to do with our money, how many times will they even be driven in the car
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Waleesa: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
My fellow Nigerians, perhaps the President and the people in charge of his security know of another Mercedes Benz company than the one we know. From the figures, it is claimed that one car (Mercedes S600 + bullet proof treatment) will cost N140m. The spurious nature of this claim shall be shown with facts.

Firstly, the current version of Cadillac One (the US President's vehicle) has an estimated cost of approximately $300,000. This is approximately N45m. And let us not forget, this is probably the most secure vehicle in the world. And bear in mind that it was designed from the ground up as an all new model not based on any previously commercially available Cadillac sedan or limo. Previous versions of Cadillac One like the one George Bush used for his second term was simply a stretched version of the commercially available Cadillac DTS (Deville Touring Sedan).

Sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_state_car_%28United_States%29
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10142956-48.html

Mercedes Benz & BMW

A standard Mercedes S600 (W221 model) cost $159,500. This is approximately N24m. - http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model?class=S&model=S600V

The bullet proof versionl comes in two sizes: S600 Guard and in a stretch limo version called the S600 Pullman Guard.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10048842-48.html

President Jonathan currently uses a normal sized S600 (presumably S Guard) which he 'inherited' from late President Yar Adua. If you live in Abuja, you might have seen his convoy.

The bullet proof version of the BMW 7 Series is known as the 7 Series High Security. It is exactly the same size as the normal version. However, it comes with Bullet proof windows and doors, Emergency Air Supply (against chemical attacks), Self-sealing fuel tank which is also fireproof. It also has an automatic fire extinguisher system as well as shread proof tyres which have an inner steel rim built in.

http://www.bmw-security-vehicles.com/security_vehicles/en/newvehicles/7series/7series.html

Though the prices for the S600 Guard and 7 Series High Security are not listed, you can infer its price from the publicised cost of Obama's 2011 Election Campaign Bus which has a price of $1.1m.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-16/obama-debuts-monster-campaign-bus/2840726

And consider the massive size of the bus. Neither the S600 Pullman Guard nor the 7 Series High Security are even half as big. If the bus costs $1.1m, then the S class Guard and 7 series would have a maximum price of $500,000 (probably less). And even $500,000 = N75m.

You can draw your own conclusions as to the the true price of our President's car. And while doing that, you must be aware of the fact that no import duty will be paid on the car as it is for the Federal Govt.

Peace.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Oluchi007(f): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
Okay ooo, so na only Jonathan & Sambo life dey tor tori abi? What about protection for citizens? Are they not the ones at greater risk of being attacked by boko haram?
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by kaysy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
I even wonder who is in charge of publishing everything the president does on air, i believe the race for 2015 election has begun, some opposition party wants to paint him black before our very eyes,
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by Goshen360(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
RIGHTEOUSNESS EXALTS A NATION, MY PEOPLE, WHAT IS WRONG WITH BLACK MAN? LEADERS WHO WERE ELECTED INTO OFFICE BY THE POOR/UNEMPLOYED/HUNGRY MASSES BUT THEY WILL RATHER SPEND MILLIONS OF NAIRA ON THEIR FOOD AND CARS. NIGERIA'S POPULATION IS 150MILLION PLUS BUT, THE UNEMPLOYED ARE NOT SAME 150M PEOPLE(MAYBE 75MILLION ARE UNEMPLOYED), SACRIFICE YOUR FOOD ALLOWANCES IN A YEAR AND YOUR PURCHASE OF YOUR BULLET PROOF CARS FOR THESE UNEMPLOYED, GIVE THEM ONE MILLION NAIRA EACH FOR EMPOWERNMENT AND BETTER PEOPLE'S LIFE BEFORE YOU FINISH YOUR TENURE IN OFFICE, LO BA TAN, NO STORY, NO CONTROVERSY AND END OF DISCUSSION.
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by DOnly1(m): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
There's nothing really wrong in the president being grant the necessary security he can get but you cut your coat according to your ,
I hope this vehicles won't be like those so called latest flying toys they wasted our money buyin only to be rated unair worthy & recalled by international regulatory agencies shortly after the delivery of 2 of the 4 ordered.
My own is for you to remember that so many citizens are hopeless @ d moment.
Even if you carry the vehicles to your houses, you can't carry it to your graves. (what shall it profit a man, who gains d whole world & loose his own soul. Vanity upon vanity, all is what , )
Re: Jonathan And Sambo To Buy 2 Bullet Proof Cars @ 280 Million Naira!. by ocelot2006(m): 6:44am On Dec 23, 2011
I'm ok with the presidency procuring armoured vehicles, but the cost is damn too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Point Of NLC/TUC Protest? Just Fun Day Off Work? / Akume: I’ve Donated My N20m For Nomination Form To APC / Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.