Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar (1490 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2011
Let's be sincere with ourselves, these guys are successful. The hatred they generate on this forum is a further testimony to the fact that the got something right. Let us even assume they brainwash their members     how many idiots abusing them on this forum have been able to brainwash customers to patronise their businesses. Tinubu collects percentage of our tax for himself, and we are not brainwashed to pay but we are compelled to pay yet these hypocrites will not come to a forum like these to vent their anger. At least oyedepo is not forcing his members to pay. He rides jet, but he started the best private school yet jonathan stole billions and ASUU is on strike. Some people have this erroneus believe that only the pastors are enjoying while their members are poor but I think winners chapel parades the single largest assembly of rich men in nigeria. I will rather join them and be succesful than join a bandwagon of highly unsuccesful anonymous commentator on this forum. Ask yourself this question; HOW many people believe in you? Even your wife don't belive you can make it and you are here condeming a man with millions of people who believe in his ministry all over the world. Don't be silly to tell me he slapped somebody. So? He was wrong? So how does a single act of slapping an innocent girl makes him a devil even if he was wrong. Many of u are wife beaters at home and you will readily molest anybody if you have the opportuity. So stop this hypocrisy and go and get yourself busy so u can be succesful rather than spreading hatred on net.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Joagbaje(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2011
We must learn to separate a man from his mistakes as Christians. He claim the slap was spiritual and others believe it was abuse . Lets leave the man for God. If he has committed a crime let the law handle it. The responses I've seen on the matter are soo extreme . Even though I may not support the slappingbutane thing is clear ,there's a God in heaven who judges his ministers, we are not the judge.

Romans 14:4
4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 8:48am On Dec 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

We must learn to separate a man from his mistakes as Christians. He claim the slap was spiritual and others believe it was abuse . Lets leave the man for God. If he has committed a crime let the law handle it. The responses I've seen on the matter are soo extreme . Even though I may not support the slappingbutane thing is clear ,there's a God in heaven who judges his ministers, we are not the judge.

Romans 14:4
4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Do u know the funniest part. Our so called senators beat themselves to stupor and nobody calls for their prosecution for assault and constituting themselves to public nuisance. Nobody started a thread calling for signatures to get them recalled by their constituencies. The reactions to say the least by many was so extreme that it was obvious they were borne out of jealousy and hatred. Regardless of ur opinion calling these people conmen is an insult to millions of their followers cos u are calling them fools
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2011
helpee:

Do u know the funniest part. Our so called senators beat themselves to stupor and nobody calls for their prosecution for assault and constituting themselves to public nuisance. Nobody started a thread calling for signatures to get them recalled by their constituencies. The reactions to say the least by many was so extreme that it was obvious they were borne out of jealousy and hatred. Regardless of your opinion calling these people conmen is an insult to millions of their followers cos u are calling them fools
Beat themselves, fight among each other they can defend themselves, this wasnt a fight, a small defenceless girl was slapped, it wasnt a fair fight.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2011
debrief08:

Beat themselves, fight among each other they can defend themselves, this wasnt a fight, a small defenceless girl was slapped, it wasnt a fair fight.
ok now I understand. People that are are suppossed to epitomise our democracy, that we pay with our tax moni to represent us disgraced us in front of the world, got their cloths torn( by the way we paid for that cloth with tax payers moni in form of wardrobe allowance) a woman senator was even among those that were beaten yet because it was a fair fight then they don't deserve to be recalled or even jailed. You said oyedepo preys on people cos they are poor. Why are they poor? Cos people that should fight our course are busy fighting themselves. Who is to blame? Oyedepo or the senator?
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2011
helpee:

ok now I understand. People that are are suppossed to epitomise our democracy, that we pay with our tax moni to represent us disgraced us in front of the world, got their cloths torn( by the way we paid for that cloth with tax payers moni in form of wardrobe allowance) a woman senator was even among those that were beaten yet because it was a fair fight then they don't deserve to be recalled or even jailed. You said oyedepo preys on people cos they are poor. Why are they poor? Cos people that should fight our course are busy fighting themselves. Who is to blame? Oyedepo or the senator?
These are 2 seperate issues. Those men fought among themselves, they took thier case to court and d court ruled in favor of Dino and co. Those were adults fighting who could retilate and take actions to defend themselves, this was an illiterate girl who was slapped, this wasnt a case of 2 fighting. This is abuse
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 9:56am On Dec 21, 2011
debrief08:

These are 2 seperate issues. Those men fought among themselves, they took thier case to court and d court ruled in favor of Dino and co. Those were adults fighting who could retilate and take actions to defend themselves, this was an illiterate girl who was slapped, this wasnt a case of 2 fighting. This is abuse
. Of course no two issues are completely related but they are similar. Dino and co did not go to court cos they were beaten but cos they were expelled by the house. So because the girl is an illiterate means she is denfenceles? Ask all those street urchins whether they went to school yet you can't cheat them. An illiterate was slapped so it was an abuse once the person is educated then it is no longer abuse
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by paris10: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2011
This is the most dumbest defense of criminals I've ever seen. The fact that Abiola was rich doesn't make his money legit. The fact that these "Pastors" are rich doesn't make them less of a criminal.

In today's society, if you commit an obvious crime, you're a criminal. But if you do something unethical, you go scot free. Street crimes like burglary, murder etc quickly gets the attention of the police and the masses, but corporate crime and Institutional crime like that of the Churches are often overlooked. Why? People  are not just bothered.

Who is the real criminal today? Those that have authority over us, or those who are deprived of their rights? You decide! You call Boko haram's criminal but fail to capture the real criminals. What is IBB doing out there? Why is Dangote the sole distributor of so many of our daily products? Obasanjo is still roaming the street. Bush is still alive and Saddam Hussein is dead.

Obama is the still President of the States while Gaddafi is gone.

The richest Pastors of today are the conmen of yesterday. Ask yourself this question; Were the Pastors of the 1980's ignorant or spiritually blind to prosperity?
No, they not, they were the real MOG's who understands that they were there to lay their lives down for their people (Just like Jesus).

Today's Pastors are like "F.*.*K Jesus, we can't do what those guys have done. We need to make money bro"

Having thousands of followers does not authenticate the originality of a Church. Are you a good talker? Can you motivate people? Are you very crafty and cunny? Then you're the man to lead this new generation Churches. Money for the belly, belly for the money, God will destroy all these false pastors.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2011
paris10:

This is the most dumbest defense of criminals I've ever seen. The fact that Abiola was rich doesn't make his money legit. The fact that these "Pastors" are rich doesn't make them less of a criminal.

In today's society, if you commit an obvious crime, you're a criminal. But if you do something unethical, you go scot free. Street crimes like burglary, murder etc quickly gets the attention of the police and the masses, but corporate crime and Institutional crime like that of the Churches are often overlooked. Why? People  are not just bothered.

Who is the real criminal today? Those that have authority over us, or those who are deprived of their rights? You decide! You call Boko haram's criminal but fail to capture the real criminals. What is IBB doing out there? Why is Dangote the sole distributor of so many of our daily products? Obasanjo is still roaming the street. Bush is still alive and Saddam Hussein is dead.

Obama is the still President of the States while Gaddafi is gone.

The richest Pastors of today are the conmen of yesterday. Ask yourself this question; Were the Pastors of the 1980's ignorant or spiritually blind to prosperity?
No, they not, they were the real MOG's who understands that they were there to lay their lives down for their people (Just like Jesus).

Today's Pastors are like "F.*.*K Jesus, we can't do what those guys have done. We need to make money bro"

Having thousands of followers does not authenticate the originality of a Church. Are you a good talker? Can you motivate people? Are you very crafty and cunny? Then you're the man to lead this new generation Churches. Money for the belly, belly for the money, God will destroy all these false pastors.

now I know you have a pathologic hatred for something good and this is beclouding your sense of judgement. By the way what crime did oyedepo commit by being rich? You will say he brainwashed his followers to willingly donate to his church but how is that suppossed to be a crime? What crime did dangote commit by being a distributor of most our staples. Then bill gate must be a criminal for cornering most of our computers. Abiola is rich but how many followers did he have? Your worth is not in ur material possession but the number of people that believed in you. By the way oyedepo has millions of such people in over 70 countries and you call all of them fools if you say their leader is defrauding them. Oyedepo slapped somebody and its a crime so he shoud go to jail. What about those slaps you gave to your wife, younger ones and even innocent people on the street that mistakenly hit your vehicle from behind. My friend, oyedepo may not be a man of God and it is not in your position to know but he is clearly not a criminal.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Zikkyy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
helpee:

Let's be sincere with ourselves, these guys are successful. The hatred they generate on this forum is a further testimony to the fact that the got something right.  

Being successful does not confer the right to physically abuse the weak or those much lower on the social ladder. Its sad to see people defending a crime just because the person involved is a 'pastor'.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

Being successful does not confer the right to physically abuse the weak or those much lower on the social ladder. Its sad to see people defending a crime just because the person involved is a 'pastor'.
rather it is sad to see people exaggerate a so called crime they all commit daily simply because a pastor is involved. How many times have we seen teachers slap their students, why are they not in jail? How many times have you watched your wife beat your housemaid for a simple offence just because she is down the social ladder? My friend both oyedepo and your wife must be criminals then
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Zikkyy(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
helpee:

rather it is sad to see people exaggerate a so called crime they all commit daily simply because a pastor is involved. How many times have we seen teachers slap their students, why are they not in jail?

I hope you are not a lawyer. cos if you are, your client will be getting maximum sentence smiley Your defense would go like this:

"so? if my client thief nko, what's your business? what about OBJ? even Gov Uduaghan? are they not thieves? how come they are not in jail? abeg leave my client alone jare"

The fact that others commit crimes of similar nature is no justification.

helpee:

rather it is sad to see people exaggerate a so called crime they all commit daily simply because a pastor is involved.

I think it's perfectly normal. It's based on expectations and status of the person involved. You can imagine the media response if Oyedepo was caught picking pockets at obalende bus-stop. That's not to say there are no touts picking pockets on a daily basis.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by paris10: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

I hope you are not a lawyer. cos if you are, your client will be getting maximum sentence smiley Your defense would go like this:

"so? if my client thief nko, what's your business? what about OBJ? even Gov Uduaghan? are they not thieves? how come they are not in jail? abeg leave my client alone jare"

I think it's perfectly normal. It's based on expectations and status of the person involved. You can imagine the media response if Oyedepo was caught picking pockets at obalende bus-stop. That's not to say there are no touts picking pockets on a daily basis.

Excellently put together.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

you are beginning to get the logic without knowing. If you slap your your own child in america, you may be sued for child abuse but in nigeria we discipline our children daily. That doesn't mean the americans are right it is their value and that doesn't make us wrong. Pastors in america are not slapping their members but they are joining homosexuals in matrimony. Is that the value we want to follow. If you study my write up very well I am not saying oyedepo is right but labelling him a fraud, a thief a fake prophet for a single act of slapping is outrageous to say the least. If you read most of the response it is borne out of pent up anger not because he slapped somebody.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

if the media response is based on expectation which means you agree it is out of proportion then you don't expect a similar treatment under the law. So stop complaining that some people are behaving as if they are above the law cos it is you that is giving them preferential treatment. And imagine a senator, I mean a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria being accussed of masterminding the killings of hundrends of people via boko haram, it baffles me that up till now nobody is gathering signatures to recall him to his constituencies. Infact no similar outrage was melted out to him by hypocrites on this forum. He has even gotten bail. So if touts are daily killing at ojuelegba let us agree it may not generate enough media hype. What about a senator? Why are you people not engaging this guy in a media war? By now he wud have resigned but after killing people, he is still our senator. Expectation my foot!
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Amujale(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
The truth be told, both Oyedepo and Adeboye are NEVER criminals (thats NOT to say they wouldnt be found guilty of criminality outside of Nigerian LAW) but are just extreme smart guys that have found an inexpensive avenue to make ends meet. Its what i would term as 'opportunist'; as far as i know, neither of these gurus have broken any of the "laws of the land".

I'm pretty sure that the Security Services are always on the "look out" to pounce on individuals that veer across the very thin line.

We can only stand on the side grumbling against psychological exploitation; much of the blame goes to the victims even if most are ignorant of their predicament.

Its a moral obligation to untie the minds of the innocent bye-standers that out of NO fault of their own get sucked into this cruel cycle.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by ogajim(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
@Helpee

Dude I think you're getting your issues mixed up here, I have not come across any thread on NL that labeled Oyedepo a fraud because he slapped the "innocent youg woman" as you put it, When I look at both videos, I see megalomania at it's peak and don't see a follower of Jesus. "Do you know who you're talking to?", "she went to their meeting and they told her that slap can kill you",

He was labeled a fraud because of his prosperity teachings, the cost of his private schools, the jets, etc. Except you forgot where Jesus warned the rich man on how to make it to Heaven, you can continue in your delusion and pursue wealth with all you've got and whoever you can follow to get there, to each his own.

I don't think you've been to America or lived here long enough to know what goes, people do discipline their children, it is over doing it that get folks in trouble with the law. America is a traditional country and not all Pastors are in agreement with gay unions or the act, majority preach against the act without hating the people involved, get your facts straight PR dude!
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
ogajim:

@Helpee

Dude I think you're getting your issues mixed up here, I have not come across any thread on NL that labeled Oyedepo a fraud because he slapped the "innocent youg woman" as you put it, When I look at both videos, I see megalomania at it's peak and don't see a follower of Jesus. "Do you know who you're talking to?", "she went to their meeting and they told her that slap can kill you",

He was labeled a fraud because of his prosperity teachings, the cost of his private schools, the jets, etc. Except you forgot where Jesus warned the rich man on how to make it to Heaven, you can continue in your delusion and pursue wealth with all you've got and whoever you can follow to get there, to each his own.

I don't think you've been to America or lived here long enough to know what goes, people do discipline their children, it is over doing it that get folks in trouble with the law. America is a traditional country and not all Pastors are in agreement with gay unions or the act, majority preach against the act without hating the people involved, get your facts straight PR dude!
thanks for displaying your ignorance of the country you claim to live in. Oyedepo is a fraud cos of prosperity teachings, jets and the cost of his school. Can you hear yourself out? What's fraudulent in all these things. America parades the most expensive schools in the world. It costs roughly 10million naira per session at harvard business school. They must be fraudsters according to your logic. Benny copeland must be a thief for his prosperity teachings and jet. You talk about megalodrama. My friend it came from america. If u ever see TD jakes preach you may think he got his training from hollywood. America is indeed traditional but even their president talked about making protection of homosexuals foreign policy. That some pastors are against it doesn't mean most are not in support. Afterall wole soyinka is in support of gay marriage does that mean we support it too in our society. If you want your visa revoked, carry kobokobo go flog your pikin and see wether you won't land home fast
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by dare2think: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
Helpee,

Dude,

megalomania; is a psycho-pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. 'Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs'.

Not

megalodrama;

Melodrama.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
dare2think:

Helpee,

Dude,

megalomania; is a psycho-pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. 'Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs'.

Not

megalodrama;

Melodrama.
thanks for the correction. Noted!
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by taigee: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
We have learnt a lot from these men. (Adeboye/Oyedepo)
We have been immensely blessed by their ministries, your criticism on this mindless and rude forum not withstanding.
This forum is supposed to be a religious forum, but it is dominated by irrational critics who just feel like making the loudest noise on the free net.
I am waiting for the first to sue Oyedepo on the "crime" who will bell the cat?
Hypocrites!
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by ogajim(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
LOL@ dare2think, what do you expect from a PR guy with a pidgin spellcheck?

@Helpee. who is "Benny Copeland"

You're mixing your two star powers of the prosperity movement up? and I just love the way you threw TDJ in there for good measure, I am sorry to burst your bubble dude because I don't consider any of those guys real Pastors which would lead to why I don't consider your main man one either, see a pattern here

I don't sit in the pew on Sundays to listen to Obama preach, we elected him POTUS which is not a religious position last time I checked. If he can't fix the economy, the country will elect another person come November so leave his policies out of this equation because they don't affect you one bit, if Nigeria don't like their policies, GEJ can stop taking their money and actually govern for once.

I don't know what Baba Kongi has to do with this but I can attest to his Litery prowess having used some of his books in my time, Havard is a private school that's not operated by a Church and so can charge what they want and those who can afford it can still go there.

Anywhere you go in Nigeria, you will see what the Catholics or Anglicans have done for communities, go to Oshogbo and you will see some work by the Baptists, your new generation 10% collecting bunch have recorded zero value added. If you think operating a university where only the children of the RICH can go is a Christian value in your book, we can see where your head is then.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Zikkyy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
helpee:

you are beginning to get the logic without knowing. If you slap your your own child in america, you may be sued for child abuse but in nigeria we discipline our children daily. That doesn't mean the americans are right it is their value and that doesn't make us wrong. Pastors in america are not slapping their members but they are joining homosexuals in matrimony. Is that the value we want to follow.

Let's leave out the Americans. Does the Nigeria Law allow for such abuse? Outside of the law can we say it's morally right for oyedepo to abuse those that cannot hit back, the poor (downtrodden) simply because he can?

helpee:

If you study my write up very well  I am not saying oyedepo is right

Okay.

helpee:

If you study my write up very well  I am not saying oyedepo is right but labelling him a fraud, a thief a fake prophet for a single act of slapping is outrageous to say the least.

People already labelled him a fraud prior to the incident. They have their reasons. Don't know if they are right. Based on some of his teachings (e.g. tithe) and life style, i could also consider him a fraud but i'll play safe and instead criticize/comment on those actions/teachings i have issues with.

helpee:

If you read most of the response it is borne out of pent up anger not because he slapped somebody.

I agree with you, and i don't think people you are referring to will deny this fact.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by dare2think: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
taigee:
This forum is supposed to be a religious forum, but it is dominated by [b]irrational [/b]critics who just feel like making the loudest noise on the free net.
Hypocrites!

Why don't you explain the [b]rationality [/b]behind that 'slap'?

Bigger Hypocrite!!!
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
ogajim:

LOL@ dare2think, what do you expect from a PR guy with a pidgin spellcheck?

@Helpee. who is "Benny Copeland"

You're mixing your two star powers of the prosperity movement up? and I just love the way you threw TDJ in there for good measure, I am sorry to burst your bubble dude because I don't consider any of those guys real Pastors which would lead to why I don't consider your main man one either, see a pattern here

I don't sit in the pew on Sundays to listen to Obama preach, we elected him POTUS which is not a religious position last time I checked. If he can't fix the economy, the country will elect another person come November so leave his policies out of this equation because they don't affect you one bit, if Nigeria don't like their policies, GEJ can stop taking their money and actually govern for once.

I don't know what Baba Kongi has to do with this but I can attest to his Litery prowess having used some of his books in my time, Havard is a private school that's not operated by a Church and so can charge what they want and those who can afford it can still go there.

Anywhere you go in Nigeria, you will see what the Catholics or Anglicans have done for communities, go to Oshogbo and you will see some work by the Baptists, your new generation 10% collecting bunch have recorded zero value added. If you think operating a university where only the children of the RICH can go is a Christian value in your book, we can see where your head is then.

ok let me inform you I have never sat under oyedepo's ministration except on TV. I am born an anglican with anglican priest in my family. So I am doing PR thank God. And if you have problem with my english then good for you cos I got first class from an american university. That's for another day. Back to the show. Of course I don't care who you consider a man of God that is your problem but u started it by making americans look like saints. I can as well say you are a man of satan too and I will still be entitled to my opinion. In order words, you are not qualified anyway to label anybody a man of God or man Of satan. Hypocrites like you won't allow us to move forward in nigeria. You are talking about half baked education that the white men brought with them as catholic and anglican schools. Why can't u send your child back to nigeria to attend my village anglican school as a testimony to missionary schools. Harvard is private ok. Show me one single school in america started by churches that is running for free. Have you heard about oral robert university? Have u heard about even bible schools like multnomah in portland? Why are they not free my dude? You think obama is dumb? He talks about gay marriage to score political point so there is religion in politics.  You talk about osogbo? I can't point to any development in osogbo that can rival convenant university? I lived in osogbo for 3yrs and they have nothing, I mean nothing. Acknowlegde good things when you see one. This guy has impacted more lives than your whole generation from oduduwa and I mean it
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Zikkyy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
helpee:

if the media response is based on expectation which means you agree it is out of proportion then you don't expect a similar treatment under the law.

I don't understand.

helpee:

So stop complaining that some people are behaving as if they are above the law cos it is you that is giving them preferential treatment.

I want to believe that 'you' as used in the post above refers to society and not zikkyy. If oyedepo has been given preferential treatment, you think he is right to abuse it?

helpee:

And imagine a senator, I mean a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria being accussed of masterminding the killings of hundrends of people via boko haram, it baffles me that up till now nobody is gathering signatures to recall him to his constituencies.

Now you are making false accusations. If i remember correctly, he is being accused of concealing information or criminal intimidation, not masterminding the killing of hundreds of people. Am sure there are threads in NL (try the political section) that addresses your concern.

helpee:

So if touts are daily killing at ojuelegba let us agree it may not generate enough media hype. What about a senator? Why are you people not engaging this guy in a media war? By now he wud have resigned but after killing people, he is still our senator. Expectation my foot!

It's obvious you don't understand my post. Politicians are no different from touts in Nigeria. Politicians kill as a matter of routine. So why are we not surprised when we heard that a senator was involved? It was because we knew it was just a matter of time before the government produce  list of politicians involved. Now why would you want to compare pastor oyedepo to a regular politician? Is oyedepo a tout? Does he commit crime at the rate Lagosians drink pure water? if your answer is yes, than i agree we re taking it too far with our condemnation. Pastors are expected to be custodian of Christian norms And values, and not ABUSERS. I hope you now understand what i meant by expectations.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by ogajim(m): 3:19am On Dec 22, 2011
This helpee dude really don't get it do you

For starters, I don't live in the westcoast and so can't tell you much about schools in Oregon neither do I live near Tulsa OK enough to talk about Oral Roberts university. I can tell you as someone who lives on the eastcoast that Catholic University of America is open to all and affordable, even a kid from SE can attend CUA even without grants.
A man of God is not for me to say who is or who is not but Jesus Christ did tell us that "by their fruits ye shall know them". I used to follow Oral Roberts those days when he would come to Nigeria with Idahosa wearing Nigerian clothes and holding crusades only to get here and find that he didn't even allow the few black people in his university to mix with the whites, what an irony I thought?
I don't know how the Anglican and Catholic schools were in your neck of the woods but I know I had great experiences with Anglican and Catholic education which was affordable even for my poor parents. Did I mention we didn't even attend any of the Churches before going to their schools? I wonder how many Oyedepo's and Adeboye's Church members can afford their schools. It's a BUSINESS isn't it?
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 22, 2011
this is what the odious prosperity gospel has done to the christian, we now see wealth, fame and power as evidence of "God's hands". According to helpee, rich folks like Nicodemus would be heaven-bound and the poor fishermen like Peter would be going straight to hell.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 5:53am On Dec 22, 2011
ogajim:

This helpee dude really don't get it do you

For starters, I don't live in the westcoast and so can't tell you much about schools in Oregon neither do I live near Tulsa OK enough to talk about Oral Roberts university. I can tell you as someone who lives on the eastcoast that Catholic University of America is open to all and affordable, even a kid from SE can attend CUA even without grants.
A man of God is not for me to say who is or who is not but Jesus Christ did tell us that "by their fruits ye shall know them". I used to follow Oral Roberts those days when he would come to Nigeria with Idahosa wearing Nigerian clothes and holding crusades only to get here and find that he didn't even allow the few black people in his university to mix with the whites, what an irony I thought?
I don't know how the Anglican and Catholic schools were in your neck of the woods but I know I had great experiences with Anglican and Catholic education which was affordable even for my poor parents. Did I mention we didn't even attend any of the Churches before going to their schools? I wonder how many Oyedepo's and Adeboye's Church members can afford their schools. It's a BUSINESS isn't it?

stop this cheap blackmail and propaganda my friend. If you have ever lived in osogbo you will know that the most expensive secondary school there is the only catholic school. You pissed me off by talking about cheap education in america. Let me enlighten your poor mind that the most expensive tuition in any of these so called church schools in Nigeria is less than 3500dollars per session. Maybe you are yet to hear that your celebrated osogbo boast of a state university with tuition in excess of 3500 dollars. LASU recently increased fee astronomically and its in thousands of dollars. Cheap education is a blackmail. Quality education is what we want and it is expensive worldwide. U talk about catholic university of america where international students pay approximately 20K dollars for masters and its cheap. Even application packet is 55dollars(8800naira) yet its cheap. And even at that, what is the rank of catholic university in america. Why can't u mention an ivy league school meant for poor man like you without grant. Please mention a single american university that is as cheap of convenant university and tell us the actual school fees and you know fees vary with courses. I am tired of bad belle like you. They won't do yet they will sit in one corner criticising those that are doing.
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 6:05am On Dec 22, 2011
davidylan:

this is what the odious prosperity gospel has done to the christian, we now see wealth, fame and power as evidence of "God's hands". According to helpee, rich folks like Nicodemus would be heaven-bound and the poor fishermen like Peter would be going straight to hell.
Rather this is what a poverty stricken society has done to xtians. They now see poverty, shame, wretchedness as evidence of God's presence. According to Davidylan, Rich men like david and Abraham will go to hell while poor men like judas iscariot will go to heaven. Hypocrites
Re: If Oyedepo And Adeboye Are Conmen: Yet They Have Millions Of Followers Then I rather be a constar by helpee(m): 6:36am On Dec 22, 2011
[/quote][quote author=helpee link=topic=829666.msg9814020#msg9814020 date=1324529597]
stop this cheap blackmail and propaganda my friend. If you have ever lived in osogbo you will know that the most expensive secondary school there is the only catholic school. You pissed me off by talking about cheap education in america. Let me enlighten your poor mind that the most expensive tuition in any of these so called church schools in Nigeria is less than 3500dollars per session. Maybe you are yet to hear that your celebrated osogbo boast of a state university with tuition in excess of 3500 dollars. LASU recently increased fee astronomically and its in thousands of dollars. Cheap education is a blackmail. Quality education is what we want and it is expensive worldwide. U talk about catholic university of america where international students pay approximately 20K dollars for masters and its cheap. Even application packet is 55dollars(8800naira) yet its cheap. And even at that, what is the rank of catholic university in america. Why can't u mention an ivy league school meant for poor man like you without grant. Please mention a single american university that is as cheap of convenant university and tell us the actual school fees and you know fees vary with courses. I am tired of bad belle like you. They won't do yet they will sit in one corner criticising those that are doing.
. SORRY I MADE A MISTAKE. IT COST INDIGENOUS STUDENT MORE THAN TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS TO STUDY AT CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA YET OUR DEAR OGAJIM claim its cheap. Check their website. Will somebody pls tell this ogajim of a guy to keep his lying mouth shut!

(1) (Reply)

Is Alcohol Consumption A Sin? / Who Is Who In The Bible: Adam The First Man / We Are To Be Blamed For The Rise Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.