Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade (17924 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wedding Invitation & Details,To Marry Wuraola Obanor Next Saturday / Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
Was not really thrilled by the idea of a Carnival in PH having been to Calabar and heard the sights and sounds of[i] the original carnival [/i] everyone in Naija knew first . However, my apathy towards the PH weeklong carnival hit me on the wrong side as I got trapped in traffic for hours along Olu-Obasanjo road in GRA and so I was forced to enjoy the carnival as long as the traffic lasted. I had to snap pictures from my car with my phone.

Just thought to share with fellow nairalnders who maybe interested to see what it looked like on that day.

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
More pics

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
Buncha clowns. Must everybody do carnival like the Caribbeans?
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
Lol. Na so we see am oooo! More pics dey sef

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2011
I cursed and swore for hours as I burnt my fuel to leave my car a.c on cos it was soo hot that afternoon. Before I thought about entertaining myself and maybe others with the photo shoot idea grin

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
undecided

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
:-x

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
It doesn't even look as attractive as the Calabar carnival. Looks like they were protesting or sumthing.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
By this time, I was really loosing my patience.

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
It doesn't even look as attractive as the Calabar carnival. Looks like they were protesting or sumthing.

My broda, some were strolling and walking like they were forced to come and do da carnival thingy undecided

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
undecided

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Afam4eva(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
They don't even seem happy. When did carnivals replace festivals. Are there no Ikwerre Carnivals that can be upgraded or something. Must we copy everything from the white man?
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
The problem is that our leaders are clueless as to what they want to leave as legacy for "their" people.

Probably, someone must have suggested it to His excellency for selfish reasons without checking out the feasibility.  undecided
Unwholesome competition with a sister south-south state could be it too  lipsrsealed.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2011
undecided

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
wink

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
angry

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley
The group in the pics that follow had PDP-like coloured attire, "umbrerras" too grin

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
More of the PDP-attired peps, lipsrsealed

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2011
undecided

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
By this time, I had run down by like a quarter of my previously full tank (filled just the day before).  cry

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Zenakoboko(m): 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2011
By this time,
The state traffic agency TIMARIV, LASTMA-equiv had come to help control traffic; in a few minutes, the traffic was flowing and I so I ended my photo-shoot abruptly. grin
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by LAX89(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
@Zenakoboko

Excellent Job! Thanks for sharing, post more if you can, but please be safe while taking the pics. Happy Holidays.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by vislabraye(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
PH is still way behind Calabar. Was in PH some years ago but, the festival never really enticed me one bit,
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
your pix made the carnival look like a childs play, atleast i saw them on ph-Aba expressway, stadium road and in town. they tried. calaber carnival did not get were it is today and pls dont see this as a competition, its a way of promoting torrism.

if you didnt have fun, some peeps did and if you will tell yourself the truth,there is improvement in the organisation of the carnival and could continue in that direction.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by executinal(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nice collection cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by nkirubb: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for sharing, God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Benefits Of Speaking Nigeria’s Three Major Languages / Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. / OLOWU OF OWU Kingship: Meet The Final 7 Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.