Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade (17915 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wedding Invitation & Details,To Marry Wuraola Obanor Next Saturday / Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
ogaju007:

oohh oki get your point, the problem is we aren't capable of hinking talkless of being innovative. i can bet my life if the west worshipped sango, majority of these so called xtians would have been great sango worshippers.

they did worship Gods like Sango during the days of the tribes at one point. they had some of the greatest oracles, spirit dances, war dances, etc at that time. but that was in 800 A.D. tongue

now they are all a bunch of mixed perverted peoples.

We can still do something wit what we have left. we just need to spend some money and organise it all together in a proper manner. we need discipline and organisation. sad

for example, a couple of days back, i had visited the Gulf, Dubai in the U.A.E. they had this program called Global village, where people from nations around the world(including Nigeria), presented their culture, dances , handicrafts, etc. IT WAS JUST MAGNIFIQUE! shocked shocked shocked shocked

they also promoted the culture of their own tribes through falconry, camel races (more than a million camels and 1000s of camel owners from different tribes were present), camel beauty contests with prize money worth millions of dollars, tribal sword dancers, exhibition of the finest arabian horses, traditional music, food, etc. it was all so perfect!

we can do it. we just need to change our mentality. angry tongue
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by ogaju007(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
i understand your point but how can you make something better when there is no purpose nor understanding of why youre doing it. i've been to rio and the carnival there is their culture. we have sold our culture to historians in UK.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by stunna2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
humblebee:

and where did this idea come from? a carnival without bras ad pants is no carnival, is that wat u're saying?

i just went through my original post again and not sure who you r quoting!! lol

im not sure if or not ur understanding of the language "so much clothing" equals there should be no pants and bras!! so not sure how to respond to ya!

i offered to post pictures if people where interested, did i not, or u just did not notice that i said that
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by cichella(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
E
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by feelme3(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2011
[size=13pt] shocked shocked I thought the pics are from some kinda rag day in some 4th-world country.
Govt scam!! And they are going to quote millions for organizing this raz charade. Mtcheew!![/size]
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by y2kaustin(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2011
Rubbish!!!! arrant NONSENSE, Government Scam and the people are so blind to see.Yet there are silly happy,that thing (Charade) look more of a protest to me.They should critically learn from The Peoples Paradise(My Calabar)
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2011
ogaju007:

i understand your point but how can you make something better when there is no purpose nor understanding of why youre doing it. i've been to rio and the carnival there is their culture. we have sold our culture to historians in UK.

not again! why always this negative response brother. It seems you have never truly travelled around Nigeria. there are som many different tribes in our country apart from the usual 3. for example, around a month ago, i was among the Margyii in Adamawa.these people are so different from us. they dye themselves in red and they have beautiful dances, clothes, etc. all of them were Pagan till around the 70's. they live among the Fuulbe who are muslim. then it first started with the Chief of one of the villages. he converted to islam. then he started to ban most of their cultural practice because this requires the role of the Chief. so people started to follow suit. in the end, nearly 85 % were muslim in just a span of 20 years! when i visited, i saw many of them in muslim clothes and some look like typical mallam and dressed and acting like Fulani. i convinced around 15 people to return back to the old religion. many of them had became muslim due to job security. now i got some into the existing pottery business. it is paying a lot because their clay baked pottery is very beautiful. some is even exported abroad. infact there was even one woman who i heard, threw out her rich husband out of her home because he convert to islam. i was very pleased to see this passive resistance, especially among the womenfolk. however, this was before the time i came. anyways i plan to return their sometime and reconvert them ALL back to the old religion. then we can onvolve them in mainstream society and display their talents around Nigeria and hopefuly, the world.

their Chief in that particular village is however very adamant and stubborn. angry tongue

as i say, if we think positive and work hard, everything is possible.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by itiswell1(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
feel_me:

[size=13pt] shocked shocked I thought the pics are from some kinda rag day in some 4th-world country.
Govt scam!! And they are going to quote millions for organizing this raz charade. Mtcheew!![/size]

Sorry where are you from?
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
To think the different groups are named PDP, National assembly etc. What a bore.
Re: Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade by zumbigbo(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2011
Naija Carnival looks fun,

Best Carnivals I have been to are,

1) Trinidad Carnival - Port of Spain - Soca music
2) Salvador da Bahia, Brasil - Carnival - Axe and Samba music
2) Notting Hill Carnival - Drum and Bass, UK funky

Any other carnivals that N'landers recommend getting to? Anyone been to the St Lucia Jazz Festival?

Hedonism is a way of life when wahala too strong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Benefits Of Speaking Nigeria’s Three Major Languages / The Black Race Is A Disgrace And Curse To Humanity.. / OLOWU OF OWU Kingship: Meet The Final 7 Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.