Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities (24979 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / JAMB Blacklists 3 CBT Centres / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by GboyegaD(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2011
superior1:

I guess I will need to ask any physician where and when he graduated before receiving treatment

Funny enough, the hospital I used back home, I know the doctors and the school they finished from perhaps because it was a small private university and often times there were mainly 3 paricular ones on night shift and I only go in the night. You don't need to ask expressely. You can bring up a talk that would generate into discussing schools, their fantasies and even the schools they graduated from. For instance, the weekend before I travelled, I was at the hospital and I was discussing with the Chief Consultant who is also a Consultant Surgeon at LUTH and he told me that over 75% of his graduating class (UCH, Medicine 1986) are practising abroad and that it is a very sad fact that government do not take health issues serious.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by extension: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2011
With all due respect, Nigeria govt blacklisted all the universities by closing the schools due to strikes. Can you imagine medical school takes 7 to 9 years oversea but in Nigeria 5 years or less when you actually check the open and close strike time courtesy ASUU,non teaching staff,stay at home etc.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Abayomin70(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2011
i fink dis d problm,my school OOU(agoiwoye)av teachin hospital called OSUTH in sagamu,LASU AND UNILAD av teachin hospital called (LUHT) all medical student just av to practis it am jus guessinnnnnnn niiiiiii ooooooo
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by mathskill: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2011
Am i surpprised!!No northern university offering medicine is mentioned.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by mathskill: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2011
Am i surpprised!!No northern university offering medicine is blacklisted
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by gokuu(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2011
Abayoin70:

i fink dis d problm,my school OOU(agoiwoye)av teachin hospital called OSUTH in sagamu,LASU AND UNILAD av teachin hospital called (LUHT) all medical student just av to practis it am jus guessinnnnnnn niiiiiii ooooooo
This your write-up is very horrible! Why am i not surprised that you are affiliated to OOU? FYI, UNILAG runs LUTH, while Lasu has its own teaching hospital called LASUTH. They two totally different things/places/facility!
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by GboyegaD(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
gokuu:

This your write-up is very horrible! Why am i not surprised that you are affiliated to OOU? FYI, UNILAG runs LUTH, while Lasu has its own teaching hospital called LASUTH. They two totally different things/places/facility!

What then is the difference Learn not to criticize but correct in love.

mathskill:

Am i surpprised!!No northern university offering medicine is blacklisted

What are you insinuating please? Don't you think this is not the time to compare schools?
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by claremont(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
I am shocked to see the University of Benin on that list. It's either there must be a typographical error somewhere, or there has been a drastic fall in standards since I was there.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by austin2002: 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2011
Well that shows again that British don't give a Bleep about black nations.They only want African minerals.Sad these parasites in the north are the ones welcoming these pigs called british. In another juncture, I can't blame british that much because nigeria is full of shit heads. How many nigerians got degrees and don't know their left or right? You go figure.Degrees without brain to back it up. Brainless people.I call nigerians with degrees brainless because educated people don't allow cattle rearers from the north to rule them. That nation is cursed from the beginning. Anytime I go to nigeria, all I see is people with big grammar but don't know what it means. 99.9 percent of nigerians are suffering from mental problems and that's the root of the problems.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Abbott(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
OOUTH can never be on that list. Yes, OOU is not the best school in this Nigeria but the college of medicine boasts of some of the finest medical minds. smiley
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by luvola(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ feerdi - am a guy not female, lasu knw dey carry last
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Smartspice: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
sad sad sad sad Isn't this another wakeup call for the education system in Nigeria Other countries will soon follow suit.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
luvola:

@ feerdi - am a guy not female, lasu knw dey carry last

Didn't say a thing about your gender. 'Broken' is better though.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by stainny: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2011
i think most of these thing has to do with the individuals that has failed to develop themselves. there are others doctors from these schools that are doing better elsewhere. not all the people from these school embarked in exam malpractice. of a truth Nigeria has to sit up anyway. shame to those doctors!
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Theblessed(f): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Thank you GMC for Regulating Nigerian Universities, their Ministry of Education and Health!  Also, thank you for saving Nigerians from butchery in the hands of these half-baked Medical professionals.  They are just timed-bombs waiting to happen in hospitals up and down the Country. 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, GMC for saving Nigerian lives and at the same time, shaking off the sleep in the eyes of those shameless Educational planners or should I say, Educators of this unfortunate Country.  Imagine, these candiates thinking they could be smarter, than a smart button - I wonder who's crying home now!

Only God knows the truth and the degree of damage such fly-by-night Doctors had caused the Nigerian people.  A country, where there's very little evidence of legal re-dress or compensation on Medical Negligence but I ask if any, who would enforce the law? Thus, the suffering of poor Nigerians continues - how unjust!!! 

Thank you GMC, for drawing the world's attention to the dying Nigerian Educational System! Please, continue to keep your eyes open looking out for those sort and more because, no one would do it for Nigerians as our Educational System is nothing but a 'Child's play' - corrupt beyond salvage. 

It is risky!!!!!!!! Glad, you sent them packing to the drawing board back home!

Let them go and re-learn their A, B, C, to be able to compete, and that would teach others. 

Once again GMC, thank you for saving Nigerian lives!

[/size][/b]
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by 9jaman007: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2011
I am surprised to find UNN and UNIBEN on the list but for UNIPORT the only graduate I know to have graduated from that school was my ex. Yes I broke up with her because she was to 'DUMB' for my liking.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Theblessed(f): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Oh, am referring to uniport. I know UI is trying. At least that's all I can say

[b][size=16pt]As if your UI is the Golden Egg or should I say, the Un-touchable?  Is she

In fact, your UI should try even harder than she's doing because, she is the grand-mother of them all.

Imagine, how long she's been going?  UI has been going on, even before Independence.  After, Fourah Bay University in Sierra-Leone (1827), University of Ibadan came 2nd on the list of Old Universities in West Africa (1948).

So you can see, she should do much better than she's doing at the moment - she should not only be a role model for other Universities in the Country, and for the fact that she's been soaking up resources from the Fed Govt. for such a very long time, is enough to let off other Universities and, not to judge them with the same yardstick, we would with her. 

In fact, the grand-mother should affliate as well as Regulate other Universities in the Country, right now.

So there's no point trying to make her look pure than she is - in fact, she has disappointed really, if you don't know.
[/size][/b]
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
Theblessed:

In fact, the grand-mother should affliate as well as Regulate other Universities in the Country, right now.

is this a joke or something?
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Theblessed(f): 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Nonsense!!! 

Based on what I'm reading here, it's absolute rubbish!  All Nigerian Universities are corrupt. 

Some people are glorifying Unilag as if it's a Saint.  Imagine a friend of mine in America, passed his Law degree from University of Lagos by paying his way through without even completing the course, as he was forced to leave the Country before his American Visa Lottery expired on him. angry angry 

Smart a r s e!  Now, he's got the degree and the Visa Lottery without even trying, huh!! That's what's damaging our Country so, pleeeaaassseee, stop!!

Now, show me how Unilag is a Saint in the corruption League table? That's one for you!

None is exempted here, they're all corrupt and doing the same thing.

You see, all dogs eat pooh, only those with the stain in their mouths that could be called, pooh eaters! cool cool

The unfortunate ones had been caught, wait until they catch the Saints, you think know!

They are all corrupt beyond repentance!!!!

[/size][/b]
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by gokuu(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt]As if your UI is the Golden Egg or should I say, the Un-touchable?  Is she

In fact, your UI should try even harder than she's doing because, she is the grand-mother of them all.

Imagine, how long she's been going?  UI has been going on, even before Independence.  After, Fourah Bay University in Sierra-Leone (1827), University of Ibadan came 2nd on the list of Old Universities in West Africa (1948).

So you can see, she should do much better than she's doing at the moment - she should not only be a role model for other Universities in the Country, and for the fact that she's been soaking up resources from the Fed Govt. for such a very long time, is enough to let off other Universities and, not to judge them with the same yardstick, we would with her. 

So there's no point trying to make her look pure than she is - in fact, she has disappointed really, if you don't know.
[/size][/b]
Theblessed:

Based on what I'm reading here, it's absolute rubbish!  All Nigerian Universities are corrupt. 

Some people are glorifying Unilag as if it's a Saint.  Imagine a friend of mine in America, passed his Law degree from University of Lagos by paying his way through without even completing the course, as he was forced to leave the Country before his American Visa Lottery expired on him. angry angry 

Smart a r s e!  Now, he's got the degree and the Visa Lottery without even trying, huh!! That's what's damaging our Country so, pleeeaaassseee, stop!!

Now, show me how Unilag is a Saint in the corruption League table? That's one for you!

You see, all dogs eat pooh, only those with the stain in their mouths that could be called, pooh eaters! cool cool

The unfortunate ones had been caught, wait until they catch the Saints, you think know!

[/size][/b]
The rantings of a gravely mad woman. U make absolutely NO SENSE!
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by otokx(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
The problems at the University of Port Harcourt and indeed most of those universities is the concept of carrying capacity. Why should you admit so many students for example 200 when the infrastructure - physically and staff strength can only cater for 50. Now these particular schools have stopped admission into such departments yet the ban is not lifted because the quantity in the system is really bloated. Its a pity for the students because many of them do not understand the consequence of attending such institutions.

Awareness should be created about the consequence of attending a department with partial to none accreditation because there are still others. My friend who as a doctor graduated from UNIPORT in 2002 passed her residency part 1 program in Nigeria and proceeded to the UK where she also passed their residency program is pediatrics and is currently practicing there. Doctors were sworn in last week at UNIPORT and they will not have that opportunity to even take the exam.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by freepeople: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2011
Theblessed:

[/size][/b]
Theblessed:

[/size][/b]

Save us the bullshiiit! Are you off your meds? Or are you mentally challenged? 'Cause I have every reason to assume so. Your long brainless post makes no sense. Either you observe or you contribute sensibly to a discussion.
Nigerian doctors are doing great in the midst of difficult situation. My encounter with Eastern European trained doctors made me to understand the real meaning of the word "poorly-trained". I'm especially proud of Nigerian-trained doctors ever since.
Let me remind you that the whole event is all about politics. Believe me, most of the doctors from those institutions can stand the test of time.
You are simply clueless about the topic of note and your ignorance becomes manifest with every text you types. Pls save us from further your ignorant post.

@Topic
This is a wake up call on the govt to invest more in education. Many students want to study medicine, but the facilities we have cannot cope with their numbers. It's high time we erect more universities and equip them adequately to cope with the number. I'm ashamed that our teaching hospitals are overcowded. The institutions that their names did not appear on the list are not better than the ones whose names appeared on the list. Moreover, the performance of a doctor has nothing to do with "where he is trained", but "how he is trained". Please let's stop making ignorant comments.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by papaejima2: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
With the kind of responses in this thread from supposed graduates, I would not be surprised if the UK authorities, after reading the thread, goes further to ban all graduates from Nigerian universities. Or at least, those that graduated after 2000 (with that, I will be excluded, ha ha ha)

A list is churned out with some seemingly surprising names. Instead of you guys to find out the criteria used and the justification for the supposed ban, everyone is busy defending his/her school. "Oh thank God, my school is not on the list", "not surprised so-so school is there", "why is this and that school not there".

Are those the worst medical schools in the country? And are the ones left out better than the ones on the list? Are there no bodies to measure and regulate standards in these schools here? What specific criteria were used to measure standards in a foreign country and how objective are they? Was this measurement done to all medical schools in the world or limited to Nigerian schools? These are some of the questions that should occupy any "educated" mind. Without answers to these questions, how can one justify or condemn the ban?
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Zuha(f): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2011
Papa Ejima and Freepeople have made the most sense in this thread of almost everyone else in this thread. I pasted a list of currently accredited schools as obtained from the MDCN website but most of the immature people typing away on this thread did not bother to read it at all. Most of all the schools are there as accredited but if you know the West (developed world) well enough, you will know that they are happier to broadcast the ills of Africa and the developing world than they are if there is any atom of success or development. All is part of neo-colonialism.

This will sound strange to people who have not had a western exposure. The GMC was very quick to blacklist the aforementioned schools almost within weeks of the MDCN's action. But months after the reversal, the GMC chose to ignore the updated list from the MDCN. If they had their way, they will blacklist all the schools in Africa.

Those that are jumping up and down about their schools really surprise me. I hope you know that the average European is very ignorant about the whole of Africa. I have meet a few supposedly educated Caucasians who think that Africa is a country!! They don't know the difference between schools in Nigeria. You can argue all you like about your school but this is my own personal experience and that of a lot of my friends. It really doesn't matter the school you went to in Nigeria. They classify you as having schooled in Africa full stop!!!

So my point is, lets be more mature and constructive in our discussion. Lets understand that the only person that can love us and help us out of the deepening mess we are falling into, is ourselves. Hence if we don't come together and help each other stand, the West will continue to use their neo-colonialist tool to keep us down while we continue to live in the illusion that they want the best for us.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by jephiano: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
Zuha, Freepeople and papa ejima u guys r like a glass of cold water in dis wilderness of ignorance-induced comments.
Theblessed what a fine username! But wif ur comments, u elicit abuses and curses, abeg make we try to read other peoples comments and research b4 making comments, often we hastily contribute and end up makin a fool of ourself.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by jephiano: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
Zuha, Freepeople and papa ejima u guys r like a glass of cold water in dis wilderness of ignorance-induced comments.
Theblessed what a fine username! But wif ur comments, u elicit abuses and curses, abeg make we try to read other peoples comments and research b4 making comments, often we hastily contribute and end up makin a fool of ourself.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Litmus: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2011
Let's look at this from another perspective. We'll start by pointing the finger at the Asian, specifically the Indian/English symbiosis. In this we'll draw reference to the empirical evidence that wherever or whichever place the English hold Indians in esteem black people disappear. Once upon a time the presence of black doctors in British hospitals was quietly respectable. However, as time went on and Indians acquired more power in the medical schools and in boards of assessors blacks gradually decreased in British Hospitals. School of dentistry are now almost exclusively Asian and middle eastern. The English, if you should ever query these discrepancies used to have one answer. That answer usually held undercurrent of false racial dogma i.e somewhere along the lines of superposed race based intelligence. When Nigerians appeared on the scene these stereotypes were evidently challenged. Nigerians score high in exams and most confoundedly they wanted to be and succeeded in professions formerly thought exclusive to certain pampered races.

So, Nigerians were everywhere, spreading and upsetting the exclusive Career fields, such as Engineering, Accountancy, GP, Doctors, Lawyers, pilots, Architects, they even getting the space bug. When will enough be enough! When will Nigerians conform to the stereotypes and stick to cleaning and lower echelons of life careers. When will they stop pushing into fields which might encourage little brown boys and brown girls to aim higher in life? The answer was never unless you do something.

Lets stop at this point and present something entirely different

Indian Bollywood:

Nigerian Nollywood:

Bollywood:

After establishing itself over a period in India and in addition to many of the software used in Hollywood special effects being done in India, not to mention the growing importance of the Indian market and economic power, the Hollywood-powers-that-be have began to use more and more indian actors in the minority roles black actors would have been used in. Moreover , Indian film directors or people of indian decent are being giving directing and producing roles in Hollywood movies.

Nollywood:

More and more movies are being made by Nigerians. What the industry lacks in longevity it makes up in speed. in other wordds, like it or not, Nollywood is doing something that will give it its own niche. In time, directors of note will rise from nollywood and with the Hollywood's eye for new markets and new ways to exploit economic situations, Nollywood stars and directors will be given opportunity in Hollywood like Hollywood is doing for Indian actors and directors.

The point:

You see, if Indians eventually do get to places of influence in Hollywood, and if Nigerian actors and directors were being giving opportunities by the old guard whites in Hollywood, the Indians who have acquired power will view the upcoming Nigerians as threats or at the very list, as taking up space which more indian actors and directors could use.

One day in future you will see something like this on Nairaland or a board like it:

America Blacklists Nollywood stars and directors

and then people will write in to unwittingly or wittingly justify the blatant prejudicial American act with arguments that seem quite sensible on the face of it.
People would say things like, LET THEM BLACKLIST THEM, NOLLYWOOD STARS ARE SUBSTANDARD, NOLLYWOOD ONLY PRODUCES MOVIES THAT EXPLOIT NEGATIVE ASPECT OF CULTURE, NIGERIA CAN DO NOTHING GOOD, yada,yada, yada

Imagine now Nigerians
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by Msrikky(f): 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2011
Hey evry1, pls n pls ,its so not compulsory 4 evry1 to comment on a particular topic, u cud jst rid n lv d particular topic, @freepeople, drs actually nothing lyk 5th MBBS, it ends @ 4, na wa ooo,
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by freepeople: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
Ms_rikky:

Hey evry1, pls n pls ,its so not compulsory 4 evry1 to comment on a particular topic, u cud jst rid n lv d particular topic, @freepeople, drs actually nothing lyk 5th MBBS, it ends @ 4, na wa ooo,

grin grin grin grin grin

na wa ooo

No comment
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by JimmyBoy1: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2011
We cut corners in everything, so this is the end result.
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by tpia5: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
Are we now comparing medicine with nollywood and at the same time still wondering why nigerian universities are blacklisted aborad?

Isnt it obvious?
Re: United Kingdom Blacklists Nigerian Universities by tpia5: 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2011
abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out / Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / Ali Bukar Maina Developed An Algorithm For Finding Missing People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.