Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful (2244 Views)

This Endowed Lady Wants You Guys To See Her Body (see Photo) / Lady Whose Husband Can't Sleep Unless He Sucks Pvssy Urgently Needs Your Advice / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by mydynasty(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2007
How would you cope with a lady whose natural beauty does not

connect with her spoken english. I mean her English is terrible and awful.

Would you over look her spoken ability because of her elegance?

What would you settle for?
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by drrionelli(m): 12:24am On Oct 03, 2007
I'm afraid I don't see the relationship between her looks and her ability to speak English.

Is her inability to speak English a matter of her education (I realize that English is an official language in Nigeria) or is it that she simply feels more fluent speaking other languages?

Or does she simply choose not to speak English well? Does she feel it gives her more "street cred" to use fractured, slangy expressions? If that's the case, yes, I would question her priorities in that it would seem that she's trying to succeed on her looks alone. IF such is the case, she's making a huge mistake.

Regardless, I wouldn't use those two criteria as the sole basis of evaluating her. I'm sure there's more to this lady than a lovely appearance and questionable language skills.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Seun(m): 12:29am On Oct 03, 2007
Beauty and English speaking ability are unrelated.
The only similarity is their shallowness as relationship criteria.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by iice(f): 3:58am On Oct 03, 2007
What a thread!
And this your criteria masef. . .unrelated
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by MsHoneydro: 4:40am On Oct 03, 2007
Well if you sincerely care for her, you won't hold her speech against her.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by sammy6(m): 8:47am On Oct 03, 2007
My main criteria for a woman in the first instance are her looks and English.She has to be fluent so that she doesnt embarass me
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by CrazyMan(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2007
$ammy:

My main criteria for a woman in the first instance are her looks and English.She has to be fluent so that she doesnt embarass me
I agree with you on that.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by jkpretty(f): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2007
Fluency in English does not potray Intellect undecided

Great command of English on d other hand gives me an ache for a second look wink

If complemented wit a good look, that's ---wow!
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by sparta(f): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2007
I realy feel for her coz i know what it means and what such people go thru. They dont enjoy it themselves, however there is room for improvement. Dont gloat her, instead help her that is if she is willing to learn. I have seen pple with such probs who worked on themselves and are doing excellently now. If you are a career person, you cant ignore this coz she will have to go with u to functions and dinners at one time or the other. This could cause you a lot of embarassment if not addresed. If she wont be helped, then let her be coz "BEAUTY WITHOUT GOOD JUDGEMENT IS LIKE A RING IN A PIG'S SNOUT"
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by pterygott(f): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2007
eyaaah! but its not too late to hire a tutor for her. . .12 hrs everyday would be fine
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Jahbert(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2007
mydynasty:

How would you cope with a lady whose natural beauty does not

connect with her spoken english. I mean her English is terrible and awful.

Would you over look her spoken ability because of her elegance?

What would you settle for?

Im assuming ur talking about a Nigerian woman who doesnt speak english well , right?

Well Sir, im going to say you are crazy!

I dream of the day i will find a sexy Nigerian woman who doesnt speak good english! That alone will turn me on everytime she talks to me! I love the way most of the Nigerian women i have heard talk, they sound soooooo sexy, Specially when they say "now" after everything!
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by mydynasty(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ jahbert

There was no need for that! Referring to me as being crazy!

It was uncalled for. You dont have to be abusive before making

sense in whatever comment you have to drop. angry angry angry
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by sparta(f): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2007
What kind of person are you Jahbert or what do you call your name? I am ashamed of your conduct. Learn how to fight fairly without name calling.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2007
In a less developed society like Nigeria, spoken English is an extremely reliable indicator of the quality of education of an individual, this in turn is a reflection of his social background.

Now the amount of overlap of your social circle and personal interests with those of your partner, plays a very big part in the success or otherwise of any romantic relationship, because it determines the number of goals you have in common with each other. Until we achieve mass literacy and universal access to a high standard of education (regardless of whether your parents are dirt poor or filthy rich) people in mydynasty's situation will continue having issues like this. That girl will surely have problems fitting into his world.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Jahbert(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2007
mydynasty:

@ jahbert

There was no need for that! Referring to me as being crazy!

It was uncalled for. You don't have to be abusive before making

sense in whatever comment you have to drop. angry angry angry

sparta:

What kind of person are you Jahbert or what do you call your name? I am ashamed of your conduct. Learn how to fight fairly without name calling.

Ok Both of you need to relax, i was just joking, Man what kinda uptight people are on this board?

Im Crazy for being here,
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by rubi(f): 7:44pm On May 07, 2008
There are 3 things that keeps a man

1) A pretty lady mesmerises a man
2) A listening lady keeps a man
3) An intelligent lady challenges a man

some ladies and men have this problem of talking in public so they always make mistake so there English is awful it goes both ways men and women not only women. If you love her help her to overcome the problem and stop judging
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by vbabe1(f): 9:51am On May 08, 2008
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING OUT, HER LOOK IS IMPORTANT.
TO MEET YOUR LEARNED FRIENDS, LANGUAGE OF THE ENVIRONMENT IS IMPORTANT.
FOR MARRIAGE, BOTH ARE NOT IMPORTANT kiss
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by frank316(m): 1:53pm On May 08, 2008
MsHoneydro:

Well if you sincerely care for her, you won't hold her speech against her.

i dont know if you are educated, but if you are,be sincer to yourself, can you date someone who cant speak english

how can you even care for such a person when there is no smooth communictiob.

sometimes we just advice people to do impossible things, just because we can can type and get away with the rubish we type.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by vbabe1(f): 10:56am On May 09, 2008
I DONT WANT TO BE TEMPTED TO POINT OUT YOUR ERRORS. LET SAY THE TRUTH, MARRIAGE IS MORE THAN SPOKEN ENGLISH. THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS NOT SUPERIOR TO OURS.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by lightest(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2008
At times, we are our own problem. When i say "we" I mean Nigerian youths. We tend to paint ourselves black forgetting that there are other worst things going on around the world. Have you ever come across a German that cannot even spell "was" talk of spelling other big grammartical words in the dic. English is our second language though official in nature. But mine contribution is that you can help her to see the best in her outspoken english. At least, you love her.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Gbemyte(f): 11:59am On May 09, 2008
both fluency nd beauty is part of criterias but not barrier. if u love her u can brush her to ur taste if she is learnable nd if not 4get abt her if u r prominent
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by rubi(f): 7:06pm On May 09, 2008
smiley smiley
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by dangermous: 7:09pm On May 09, 2008
na english i wan chop/

Nonsense. I prefer pidgin speaker to all those yankee speakers wey never reach yankee before
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by frank316(m): 11:16am On May 10, 2008
rubi:

Frank 3.16, It is not my intension to display my education level but since you sound like you are interested to know I am a graduate, with a good job married to most wonderful man on earth. You sound impossible, Let me tell you some thing when I met my husband he was not what an average Nigerian girl will like to marry but because of the word LOVE and there are powerful potential in him but there is no opportunity to bring it out I was patient and considerable right now he is in pharmacy school about to graduate with honors and is far more better than what he was all I am telling you is that where there is love and understanding nothing is impossible. Remember the old saying "delay is never denial". If you can't help one work out his/her weak point please leave them alone. All of us needs time and opportunity

thanks for the education.
i know that a man who cant speak english is far better than a lady who cant speak english. we men are even trying to put up with the ladies who can speak very well(because with that they still act dumb) not to mention someone who cant speak.
again ladies have been found to be more patient in relationships, they can easily adjust if they want to, they are much psychologically stronger and have the strenght to endure.

i bet you, if it were the other way round for you and your guy, the relationship would not have gone to this extent.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by tpia1: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
i know that a man who cant speak english is far better than a lady who cant speak english. we men are even trying to put up with the ladies who can speak very well(because with that they still act dumb) not to mention someone who cant speak

na wa.

care to explain this?
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Creamish(f): 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2010
I'v to b wit a man i can flaunt . . .if hez english is terrible, no point . . cos i'l always keep wishing d next cute guy wit a good vocab n accent was mine . . and dats totally unhealthy for a relationship . .
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by biilwwu(m): 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
I Have a friend a graduate, Who married a primary school leaver, my friend is a secondary school teacher,after two years of their marriage the beautiful wife is now fluent in English language.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by femmy2010(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2011
The man has a decision to make.Hard to get it right in a debate.
Re: A Pretty & Naturally Endowed Lady Whose Spoken English Is Awful by Dsense(m): 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2011
OP.
I would definitely settle with the Honest and lovely one ''My taste''!!!
Meanwhile mine taste is never based on being polished or whatever but others,Which are very important for the success of the relationship.

(1) (Reply)

What Would U Do? / Self-esteem And Confidence / Why Are Girls And Women Easily Heart Broken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.