Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous (5453 Views)

Big Debates:- Marriage And Zina / Sunni Muslims Protest Kim Kardashian's Visit To Bahrain / The 12th Imam Of The Shia Is Dajjal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by deols(f): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2011
This section of Nairaland, I think, was created so Muslims can share their faith and to avoid the unnecessary insults from the christians and atheists.

When Muslims start to insult each other on the basis of sects, it gets very disturbing.

I do not agree with the Shia ideology but Allah knows that is not why they are going to be getting the bigger part of the blame.

Every one was a Muslim(just Muslim) until the shiites came on board. It is okay to preach what you believe in, or just give your own(ideology based) opinion during general discussions But it will do no good calling Sunnis names just to make a point. If you look well, u must av realised that the posts you make with headings specifically pointing fingers at others(sunnis) don get much views. I dont bother reading whatever you have to say if its sentiments based.

Others(me inclusive) should be wary of our responses too. We can go on being defensive but I'd rather we discuss issues that affect our spirituality and help each other understand basic tenets of Islam better. For example, I doubt that most women would agree to Mu'ah these days, No point arguing it. That shiites practice it doent affect an average Muslim today and most especially does not affect an average Nigerian Muslim.

With all said, my point is, even if the other side wont yield, let one side do(wv no prejudice at either side).

We still are all Muslims and dying as one guarantees Aljannah. It would be very wrong to send some other people away from the path by our actions. may Allah help us all.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by tpia5: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ your mutah post

on the thread where someone asked a question about breastfeeding (fill in the blanks), you yourself referred to an incident where you said the prophet asked a woman to suckle someone in order to make him haram.

Just saying- not trying to start an argument here but i think your analogy is a bit off.

And some nigerian muslims do practice it, although i dont know if its as a religious or traditional habit.

Having wives in different places you frequent isnt unknown among rich nigerians and nowadays, diasporan ones irrespective of religion i must add.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by ZhulFiqar: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2011
Sister,

we came here to preach our ideology and beliefs based on the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as) which of ofcourse sunnis have ignored and strayed from the right path.no offense intended.

what is really shocking is the feeling of being threatened that someone like yourself shows by starting this very thread.the kuffar throughout open threads even insulting the person of our beloved Prophet (sa) calling him names like "ra.pist","armed-robber","pedo.phille" and lot more.you do not feel disgusted or moved by calling them to order.or if at all,the forum accomodates that.but it is only when the shia promote their beliefs based on true and pure Islam,sunnis have strayed from that you are moved.let me remind you of something you may have forgotten or wrongly ignored:most of the Shia in nigeria are not born Shia.they discovered the truth.they were once like you and other muslims.we are not aliens from mars.we are also not outcast in the society or homo.sexuals promoting what violates nigerian law.even outcasts and those promoting ideas that violate nigeria law like "dividing the country" are tolerated in this forum.

let me also remind you that,if you go to the religion section and in this Islamic section,our shia brother "LagosShia" is the one muslim who has devoted much of his time in defending Islam as a whole and the Prophet (sa) particularly against the bad utterances and claims especially by christians.he has done much for Islam,be us sunni or shia.and may Allah reward him abundantly for that.

it is obvious that when we came here,we came to preach and not to fight or offend anyone.we are peace-loving people.we do not force anyone to click on the threads we create.we contribute as others do.the one person who has increased tension in the forum is "Vedaxcool".he claims to represent sunnis or sunnism.it would do us all good if you can call him to order and ask him to stop contributing in our threads.he wants to shut us up and silence us.he wants to put an end to our objective to preach.that is not going to happen.we will continue to preach SHIA ISLAM on nairaland as long as nairaland is open to the public and Nigeria is a democracy that assures its citizens of freedom of expression and the nigerian constitution gurantees freedom to worship and associate.so under no might in this universe would stop shias from contributing constructively in forums for the benefit of all muslims.

i want to conclude by throwing the blame on "[b]Vedaxcool".[/b]it was all fine with everyone when "Vedaxcool" was throwing insults,baseless accusations and lies against the Shia.it only became "disgusting" when the Shia take a step further to expose the most concealed and hidden "secrets" of the sunnism.now that is unfair to us.you dont let your sunni brother,"Vedaxcool" to intimidate us with insults and false accusations and lies to distort the truth and conceal it and then blame us.he sees us as "promoting falsehood",so we must defend ourselves and prove that sunnism is falsehood.and i must let you know that i personally would rather be a kafir of first degree order (if such exists) than be a sunni following their version of their so called "islam".if not for SHIA ISLAM,i will not call myself "muslim" because your backward sunnism depicts the arabian culture and the arabian jahiliyyah period in Quraysh of Mecca.

if you want to be a fair judge which would be much appreciated from you,ask your sunni brother "Vedaxcool" to stop contributing in our threads.we force no one to click on them.Vedaxcool is the only one that keeps posting copy/paste works to spread hate and increase tension with no aim to reason or constructively engage us but to insult and provoke us.

so do us all a favor and ignore us.tell that to your brother.we force no one to click on our threads.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by deols(f): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
tpia@:

@ your mutah post

on the thread where someone asked a question about breastfeeding (fill in the blanks), you yourself referred to an incident where you said the prophet asked a woman to suckle someone in order to make him haram.

Just saying- not trying to start an argument here but i think your analogy is a bit off.

And some nigerian muslims do practice it, although i dont know if its as a religious or traditional habit.

Having wives in different places you frequent isnt unknown among rich nigerians and nowadays, diasporan ones irrespective of religion i must add.

you sure dont know the meaning of mut'ah so dont even start. And like u said, ds wasnt addressed at you so, move on. .
u cld just av educated urself via google or somfn b4 commenting as usual.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by deols(f): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2011
ZhulFiqar:

Sister,

we came here to preach our ideology and beliefs based on the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as) which of ofcourse sunnis have ignored and strayed from the right path.no offense intended.

what is really shocking is the feeling of being threatened that someone like yourself shows by starting this very thread.the kuffar throughout open threads even insulting the person of our beloved Prophet (sa) calling him names like "ra.pist","armed-robber","pedo.phille" and lot more.you do not feel disgusted or moved by calling them to order.or if at all,the forum accomodates that.but it is only when the shia promote their beliefs based on true and pure Islam,sunnis have strayed from that you are moved.let me remind you of something you may have forgotten or wrongly ignored:most of the Shia in nigeria are not born Shia.they discovered the truth.they were once like you and other muslims.we are not aliens from mars.we are also not outcast in the society or homo.sexuals promoting what violates nigerian law.even outcasts and those promoting ideas that violate nigeria law like "dividing the country" are tolerated in this forum.

let me also remind you that,if you go to the religion section and in this Islamic section,our shia brother "LagosShia" is the one muslim who has devoted much of his time in defending Islam as a whole and the Prophet (sa) particularly against the bad utterances and claims especially by christians.he has done much for Islam,be us sunni or shia.and may Allah reward him abundantly for that.

it is obvious that when we came here,we came to preach and not to fight or offend anyone.we are peace-loving people.we do not force anyone to click on the threads we create.we contribute as others do.the one person who has increased tension in the forum is "Vedaxcool".he claims to represent sunnis or sunnism.it would do us all good if you can call him to order and ask him to stop contributing in our threads.he wants to shut us up and silence us.he wants to put an end to our objective to preach.that is not going to happen.we will continue to preach SHIA ISLAM on nairaland as long as nairaland is open to the public and Nigeria is a democracy that assures its citizens of freedom of expression and the nigerian constitution gurantees freedom to worship and associate.so under no might in this universe would stop shias from contributing constructively in forums for the benefit of all muslims.

i want to conclude by throwing the blame on "[b]Vedaxcool".[/b]it was all fine with everyone when "Vedaxcool" was throwing insults,baseless accusations and lies against the Shia.it only became "disgusting" when the Shia take a step further to expose the most concealed and hidden "secrets" of the sunnism.now that is unfair to us.you dont let your sunni brother,"Vedaxcool" to intimidate us with insults and false accusations and lies to distort the truth and conceal it and then blame us.he sees us as "promoting falsehood",so we must defend ourselves and prove that sunnism is falsehood.and i must let you know that i personally would rather be a kafir of first degree order (if such exists) than be a sunni following their version of their so called "islam".if not for SHIA ISLAM,i will not call myself "muslim" because your backward sunnism depicts the arabian culture and the arabian jahiliyyah period in Quraysh of Mecca.

if you want to be a fair judge which would be much appreciated from you,ask your sunni brother "Vedaxcool" to stop contributing in our threads.we force no one to click on them.Vedaxcool is the only one that keeps posting copy/paste works to spread hate and increase tension with no aim to reason or constructively engage us but to insult and provoke us.

so do us all a favor and ignore us.tell that to your brother.we force no one to click on our threads.

I appreciate that you read what i wrote But I mentioned both sides, the shiites and us(defenders and dat sure includes Vedaxcool). fine, christians do it, but it gets much more disturbing to me when it is Muslims against Muslims. You would understand that a discord with someone from the outside cannot be likened with one in the same family. One is definitely worse.

I look forward to a situation where we are MUSLIMS first! we will definitely disagree on issues but our posts shouldnt have hate words as headings.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by ZhulFiqar: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2011
tpia@:

@ your mutah post

"adult breasfeeding" as is the case also with MISYAR and taraweeh are bid'ah practiced by sunnis.

as for the adult breastfeeding,this is an invented bid'ah attributed to the Prophet (sa) in sunni hadiths.what we know in Islam is that when a woman breastfeeds a child,the child and the woman even though not his biological mother share the bond of motherhood.that woman would be forbidden for the boy to later on in life marry because she suckled him.but "adult-breafeeding"?that was definitely not something our Prophet,Muhammad (sa),son of Abdullah promoted or taught.this is the teaching of perverts.this is the foolishness that exists in sunni books that give muslims bad name.the same with the so called "satanic verses".this is what sunnis have recorded and forged in their books.we muslims should really not feel insulted by the kafir people.all the poisonnous materials used against islam was forged by early "sunnis" and in sunni books mostly thanks to the anti-islamic rule of the banu umayya known as the ummayyads (supported by present-day sunnis) in islamic history and their fabrication machines.likewise,with the terrorism promoted by the salafist/wahhabi teachings.these people are promoting the violent culture of the pre-islamic arabia.islam is peace.arabian culture in the pre-islamic times was very barbaric and violent.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by ZhulFiqar: 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
deols:

I appreciate that you read what i wrote But I mentioned both sides, the shiites and us(defenders and dat sure includes Vedaxcool). fine, christians do it, but it gets much more disturbing to me when it is Muslims against Muslims. You would understand that a discord with someone from the outside cannot be likened with one in the same family. One is definitely worse.

I look forward to a situation where we are MUSLIMS first! we will definitely disagree on issues but our posts shouldnt have hate words as headings.

sister,
we can reach agreement and respect ourselves when we start to accept,tolerate and respect our right to believe as we do.let "Vedaxcool" stop behaving as if he is the only member of the forum.let us our right to post and contribute peacefully.if you dont want to read our posts,fine.that is your choice.we wont force you to click.in that way there would be no quarrels.but "Vedaxcool" wants to behave like the middle east people.he wants to censor us from expressing ourselves and beliefs.

why doesn't he join hands with brother LagosShia and confront the kuffar and defend islam?in fact he is busy in another thread defending "frosbel" a kafir who insults and disrespects the Prophet (sa) against LagosShia.isn't that crazy? let sunnis preach about their own sahaba and beliefs and what they are taught.we also would teach our beliefs.do your own,and i do my own,fair and simple.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by vedaxcool(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
lol! Very soon zhul fiqah wl chant ya lagoshia madad, grin ur display of tarqiyah does nt impress me, we all know dat u r d one dat hs frequented my thread hurling insults because u have no valid pts to offer i usually laugh at ur reply dy serv as amusement oh d wahabi hav paid veda, d wahabi dis d wahabi dat lol all pointing to des-pe-ra-tion. Sista deols ur concerns hav bn noted and i hav made my point.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by ZhulFiqar: 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2011
vedaxcool:

lol! Very soon zhul fiqah wl chant ya lagoshia madad, grin your display of tarqiyah does nt impress me, we all know dat u r d one dat hs frequented my thread hurling insults because u have no valid pts to offer i usually laugh at your reply dy serv as amusement oh d wahabi hav paid veda, d wahabi dis d wahabi dat lol all pointing to des-pe-ra-tion. Sista deols your concerns hav bn noted and i hav made my point.

please do not try to think you can score a cheap shot at me by pretending comedy here.you either treat the topic of this thread or contribute in another.if you want to argue with me do that in the proper thread and not this one.you have a lot to cry and not laugh.for God's sake,your ignorance is alarming.you discuss what you have no idea about.such a person as yourself is either paid as an online mercenary to do this hate mongering on forums or you are just naive and childish.it is no more a secret that when faced with ideas you have not read about,which you oppose just because you are allergic or act to be allergic to the word "shia",you search the net for the trash in it and post it here.i even doubt you read them at all.

i just started one thread that exposes your sunnism where it hurts most and see the reactions.it is easy to laugh when you do not know what the Prophet (sa) taught and what Islamic values are and these are concealed in your sunni books hidden in your library shelves and depicted in real life as "shia teachings".like they say:"ignorance is bliss"!!!so keep laughing!!!
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by ZhulFiqar: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
also,if you guys may have observed,my other account "Zhul-Fiqar" which i originally used has being banned.my IP address was also blocked before i sought out a way to access the forum.i was forced to open an account with a similar username "ZhulFiqar" (this one i'm using now) to post.is this not sunni persecution and fear of the truth?
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by say4gunit(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
ZhulFiqar:

also,if you guys may have observed,my other account "Zhul-Fiqar" which i originally used has being banned.my IP address was also blocked before i sought out a way to access the forum.i was forced to open an account with a similar username "ZhulFiqar" (this one i'm using now) to post.is this not sunni persecution and fear of the truth?
guy u dey fall my hand, what fear of truth are u talking about? Were u born shiat? Or do u find the later realise u want to join shiat sect? Wetin i know be say Naso Yusufiyya Movement a.k.a boko haram start their own, and na so them brainwash people join their sect.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by ZhulFiqar: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2011
say4gunit:

guy u dey fall my hand, what fear of truth are u talking about? Were u born shiat? Or do u find the later realise u want to join shiat sect? Wetin i know be say Naso Yusufiyya Movement a.k.a boko haram start their own, and na so them brainwash people join their sect.

wow!

i really cannot believe my eyes reading your post.

are you for real? do you know that the "Shia" is the earliest movement and school of thought in Islam?do you know muslims are not homogenous? do you know "SHIA" is ISLAM itself?do you know that the "Shia" is one of the two branches of Islam,the other being referred to as "Sunni"? do you know that the overwhelming majority of muslims can either be Shia or Sunni?

do you know that the Prophet Muhammad (sa) himself labelled the followers,close associates and loyalists of Imam Ali (as) as "Shia't Ali"?Do you know that the Shia in the earliest times of Islam were persecuted and followers of the Household of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),the Ahlul-Bayt (as)?

do you know that Boko Haram is a sunni movement even obvious from its full name with salafist/wahhabi ideology totally opposed to the Shia?do you know that there is nothing like terrorism in Islam?do you know the violent salafist ideology stems from pre-islamic arabia and pagan arabian culture?do you know that the first to suffer this terrorism was the Prophet (sa) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as)?do you know that this terrorism made the hypocrite arabians to behead the grandson of the Prophet (sa),Imam Hussain (as)?do you shia mourn Imam Hussain (as) annually in commemoration of his martydom?do you know Shia are opposed to violence and terrorism?

do you know that the Shia happen to be the most organized Islamic school of thought in terms of its leadership structure in the religious seminaries known as hawza and the scholarly leadership known as "marjaiyya"?

do you know that shia dont go about in market places and killing innocent people because any act of defense they undertake are legally and religiously backed by their religious leaderships?do you know that the Shia fully abide by the Quranic verse 2:256 which advocates "no compulsion in religion"?do you know because of that Shia do not kill people as the wahhabis do for differences in beliefs and religion?

you really fall my hand!!! if you hadn't spoken it could have saved your image.

it is like a christian in a christian country comparing a minority muslims among their citizens to alqaeda just because he hadn't heard of Islam.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by deols(f): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
this thread was meant to solve the issues But You seem not ready for it and am too bored to want to continue.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by mukina2: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2011
one of the reasons must muslims do not post again.

All we have now is shia vs sunni nonsense angry
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by say4gunit(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
ZhulFiqar:

wow!

i really cannot believe my eyes reading your post.

are you for real? do you know that the "Shia" is the earliest movement and school of thought in Islam?do you know muslims are not homogenous? do you know "SHIA" is ISLAM itself?do you know that the "Shia" is one of the two branches of Islam,the other being referred to as "Sunni"? do you know that the overwhelming majority of muslims can either be Shia or Sunni?

do you know that the Prophet Muhammad (sa) himself labelled the followers,close associates and loyalists of Imam Ali (as) as "Shia't Ali"?Do you know that the Shia in the earliest times of Islam were persecuted and followers of the Household of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),the Ahlul-Bayt (as)?

do you know that Boko Haram is a sunni movement even obvious from its full name with salafist/wahhabi ideology totally opposed to the Shia?do you know that there is nothing like terrorism in Islam?do you know the violent salafist ideology stems from pre-islamic arabia and pagan arabian culture?do you know that the first to suffer this terrorism was the Prophet (sa) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as)?do you know that this terrorism made the hypocrite arabians to behead the grandson of the Prophet (sa),Imam Hussain (as)?do you shia mourn Imam Hussain (as) annually in commemoration of his martydom?do you know Shia are opposed to violence and terrorism?

do you know that the Shia happen to be the most organized Islamic school of thought in terms of its leadership structure in the religious seminaries known as hawza and the scholarly leadership known as "marjaiyya"?

do you know that shia dont go about in market places and killing innocent people because any act of defense they undertake are legally and religiously backed by their religious leaderships?do you know that the Shia fully abide by the Quranic verse 2:256 which advocates "no compulsion in religion"?do you know because of that Shia do not kill people as the wahhabis do for differences in beliefs and religion?

you really fall my hand!!! if you hadn't spoken it could have saved your image.

it is like a christian in a christian country comparing a minority muslims among their citizens to alqaeda just because he hadn't heard of Islam.
wallahi u dont worth my time and no other shiat worth my time. to me u have little difference with other christians!
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by LagosShia: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2011
say4gunit:

wallahi u dont worth my time and no other shiat worth my time. to me u have little difference with other christians!

and who do you think you are?
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2011
same way u guys defecated the voting section with your discrimination against one another.

In some countries, they've started killing themselves over 'i am Sunni and u are a shia  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by LagosShia: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
toba:

same way u guys defecated the voting section with your discrimination against one another.

In some countries, they've started killing themselves over 'i am Sunni and u are a shia cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

mind your business,pagan!

and in some countries they kill themselves over "i am Catholic and u are protestant" sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2011
LagosShia:

mind your business,pagan!

and in some countries they kill themselves over "i am Catholic and u are protestant" sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

U guys suppose to bury ur heads in shame yet u are still talking.

In the last 3 months how many christian vs christian fight/death have u seen as caused by denominational differences?
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by mukina2: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by LagosShia: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2011
toba:

U guys suppose to bury your heads in shame yet u are still talking.

In the last 3 months how many christian vs christian fight/death have u seen as caused by denominational differences?

does mud have types?
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by Sweetnecta: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
Toba is funny, considering that your darn religion of christianity as 610 years over the Islam of Muhammad [as], where is our 610 years to shine, while you are complementing because of the temporary 3 months truce of christianity? Abeg go fly a kite and let me hear word.

Christians kill with mega weapons. When they fight each other or collectively fight others, they practice conscienceless and injustice.

I disagree with the dueling muslims because their actions are contrary to what Islam in the Quran speaks of. We all know what is right and if we don't see it right away in the books, our hearts registers it.

There is a thread waiting for you toba in the so called "christian" section, if you wanna do go for your religion or at the end good for yourself because the failure of the christians to stand tall may actually help the muslims to gain reverts.
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by mukina2: 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2011
as usual instead of addressing the topic, digression starts smh! angry
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
LagosShia:

does mud have types?

is that ur best response to my request?
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Toba is funny, considering that your darn religion of christianity as 610 years over the Islam of Muhammad [as], where is our 610 years to shine, while you are complementing because of the temporary 3 months truce of christianity? Abeg go fly a kite and let me hear word.

Story story story.

Throught out this year, u muslims have been terrorizing the world no? I dont want to cite eg

Christians kill with mega weapons. When they fight each other or collectively fight others, they practice conscienceless and injustice.

What are the boko haram sect using to kill?

I disagree with the dueling muslims because their actions are contrary to what Islam in the Quran speaks of. We all know what is right and if we don't see it right away in the books, our hearts registers it.

There is a thread waiting for you toba in the so called "christian" section, if you wanna do go for your religion or at the end good for yourself because the failure of the christians to stand tall may actually help the muslims to gain reverts.

Please give me the link
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by LagosShia: 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
toba:

is that your best response to my request?

toba:

Story story story.

Throught out this year, u muslims have been terrorizing the world no? I dont want to cite eg

What are the boko haram sect using to kill?

Please give me the link

you are an empty barrel who is more interested in personal exchanges and quarrels drifting away from the topic and ideas being discussed.

just for your info,have you ever heard of the "Lord's Resistance Army" in uganda?
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2011
LagosShia:

you are an empty barrel who is more interested in personal exchanges and quarrels drifting away from the topic and ideas being discussed.

easy naaa. we are not fighting. Afterall its a pulic forum with no restriction to sections. Just as u troll the general relion thread and post BS, u need to be shown how things works the other way round.

BTW im simply saying the absolute truth. The Islam section voting thread was defecated and that's a fact. I posted there during the nomination and as i was about to go vote, i read uplawal's post saying they wouldn't allow u lagoshia win because u are a shia muslim and cos of politics. When i saw the BS and exchanges, i ran off and didn't return to vote for my candidate of choice. embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry

Pls dont blame me. Blame ur selves for the divide amongst u folks

just for your info,have you ever heard of the "Lord's Resistance Army" in uganda?

May be i havent. cant u pls tell me more about it/them? lipsrsealed
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by LagosShia: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2011
toba:

easy naaa. we are not fighting. Afterall its a pulic forum with no restriction to sections. Just as u troll the general relion thread and post BS, u need to be shown how things works the other way round.

BTW im simply saying the absolute truth. The Islam section voting thread was defecated and that's a fact. I posted there during the nomination and as i was about to go vote, i read uplawal's post saying they wouldn't allow u lagoshia win because u are a shia muslim and cos of politics. When i saw the BS and exchanges, i ran off and didn't return to vote for my candidate of choice. embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry

Pls dont blame me. Blame your selves for the divide amongst u folks

May be i havent. cant u pls tell me more about it/them? lipsrsealed

not intested! tongue
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by olawalebabs(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2011
Don't even know what to say. (Wallahu alam. Ihdina sirotal mustakin)
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by tpia5: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2011
a write up about this topic:

Most Sunnis and Shiites are liberal, although not by western standards.  In peaceful and prosperous times, there is little conflict between them.  But both have more extreme factions as well.

map of sunni and shia countries by percentage. Sunni is green, Shia blue:

[img]http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/Islam-by-country-smooth.png[/img]
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by BetaThings: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
deols:

This section of Nairaland, I think, was created so Muslims can share their faith and to avoid the unnecessary insults from the christians and atheists.

When Muslims start to insult each other on the basis of sects, it gets very disturbing.

With all said, my point is, even if the other side wont yield, let one side do(wv no prejudice at either side).

We still are all Muslims and dying as one guarantees Aljannah. It would be very wrong to send some other people away from the path by our actions. may Allah help us all.  

Salaam
What you seek is not achievable
Look at it this way. Muslims would allow their children to go to christian schools and mingle with them
Christians use the opportunity to convert them
If you have a christian staying with a muslim, the muslim is not likely to make praying the islamic way compulsory for that christian
Not so the christians, you will be sending anyone you know to hell if you allow them stay with christians
they will do whatever to convert that person
Islam came to the SW before christianity. Starting from an underdog position, the christians organised themselves thoroughly and started making inroads while the unsuspecting muslims continued to co-operate with them
A lot of muslims were converted forcibly at school. I think Otedola's father (Sir Michael) is in this category
If you ask a lot of old people, they will tell you their experience

The shias are the underdogs in Nigeria
They have also decided to organise themselves  
Now they know they are trying to convert sunnis, so they study the aqeeda of sunnis and try to refute it
The sunnis have never really seen so much of the shias in Nigeria
They never bothered to take shias seriously. A lot of them don't even know they exist

The shias want to trick us into believing they want to exist side by side
Nothing can be further from the truth

Look at the way somebody was saying even the prophet recognised shiatu Ali
How does a leader recognise a sect/follower, loyalist of one of his own followers
You can have different groups in political party
But in a religion? Who did they give allegiance to? The Prophet (PBUH) or the follower
These thinking is strange
But there is an agenda

Sister - read about the Shias - there are different sects in their midst (twelvers, seveners, fivers etc)
Some shias say things that make them clear kuffars

A lot of christians here abuse Allah and the Prophet (PBUH) so I am not allowed to discuss with them

If we co-operate here and post true islamic aqeeda, rather than the clear misguidance and bidah that Shias expound, we have nothing to fear from christians

But the shias are a different case.
We should not allow ourselves to be lulled to sleep
Re: The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous by olawalebabs(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2011
Betathing. Thanks for that incisive analysis, may Allah reward you for that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contacts Of Al - Sunnah Scholars / Tasleem(Greetings): How To Correctly Give And Respond / How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.