Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Between Obasanjo And Mandela: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Obasanjo And Mandela: (1255 Views)

Obasanjo And The Copenhegan Foundation Visit Aso Rock (photos) / Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela / Obasanjo And Buhari While Commissioning Warri Refinery In 1978 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by misterh(m): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2011
Though Obj is usually villified in Nigeria, his contribution to the African continent is enormous. Also Mandela is revered both av home and on the continent, This leads me to ask the question- who is more influential in Africa between the two?
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by Afam4eva(m): 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
What an insult. Keep consoling yourself. The only Nigerian leader that comes close to mandela is Azikiwe.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by misterh(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
Though Zik is referred to as the 'Zik of Africa', is he as influential in Africa as Obj? Most African countries are indebted in one way or the other to Obj,
Nb- i'm not an Obasanjo apologist.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by Afam4eva(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2011
misterh:

Though Zik is referred to as the 'Zik of Africa', is he as influential in Africa as Obj? Most African countries are indebted in one way or the other to Obj,
Nb- i'm not an Obasanjo apologist.

I'm not saying you're an Obasanjo apologist. But i thin the leaders that come close or can tower above mandela's record are those that fought for the independece of Africa and freedom from the oppressors.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by kettykin: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2011
please poster, what really has OBJ contributed to Nigeria or Africa please just name 1 thing
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by umechuma: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
How can one compare between Darkness (OBJ) and[b] Light [/b](Mandela)
Do u have alternative name to compare with Mandela than OBJ?
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by babsjnr(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
First am not obasanjo fans or mandela but think wise mandela on fought for his country for freedom not africa and he was bang up for 27 years in prison dats only thing I believe dat make mandela hero world.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by Samy1: 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2011
How will people likened Obasanjo and Mandela.
They are two separate entities with different perceptions
about their country and people. 

He was there 3 different times what do you see?
I don't want to compare parallel lines and horizontal lines.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Mandela: by kettykin: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2011
Mandela was a true patriot who was ready to stake his life and his wealth for his country and he did just that , the emancipation of South Africa mean the emancipation of the Blacks in the world , it was beacause of that supreme price that people like Obama came to be.

Obasanjo on the other hand was a luck guy whos boss was murdered and he was forced on the country, I actually see him as a soldier of fortune and a false patriot.
He was actually the first Head of state to embezzle money, and adulterer of the highest order, a kleptomaniac who sold his country's wealth to his friends and forced a very terminally sick person to rule his country, he slept with his first sons's wife ( the exact thing that Reuben did to Jacob ), his greed made him overlook corrupt people and fight his political enemies with corrupt charges , words arent enough to describe OBJ.

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Officials Fight Over Minister’s N100million ‘gift’ To Patience Jonathan / Demdem Why Do You Love Politics So Much. / Will You Vote Buhari And Fashola For President And Vice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.