Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Flirting While In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Flirting While In A Relationship? (9505 Views)

Revealed! 15 Signs A Woman Is Flirting With You. Don't miss this. See photos.... / 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using / Can Flirting Be Considered As Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flirting While In A Relationship? by mrover(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2011
I have a friend whose girlfriend flirts a lot with other guys she finds attractive
yet she totally loves her boyfriend.

Is this like a common trait cos i find it difficult to comprehend this even while she is in a relationship

It could get worse, like going beyond flirting into an affair you never bargained for.

My observation is that it is rampant among girls btw 20 and 25.

Guys, what's ur take??
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2011
age has nothing to do with it. if you must know the LovePeddler gene kicks in around the late 20's till menopause in most women.
A woman that flirts is naturally a LovePeddler at heart and has no single respect for her man.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2011
women! Woe unto men! Cant u see? It meant to be! So let them be! Nor be dem create themselves jor
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by 195(f): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2011
Sadly 90% of Nigerian women are flirts
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by slimyem: 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2011
its totally NOT OKAY to flirt when in a serious relationship.
Flirting is indication of interest and there's no point toying with anyone's emotions just for the sake of it.it brings trouble in the end.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2011
somewhat disrespectful
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by bekay911(f): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2011
Flirting hmmm. Brb
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
since when is flirting cheating? sheesh!  undecided

so long as its not "blatant" with REAL feelings behind it,
it's just human interaction. Blushing is one thing but licking your lips
and touching is crossing the line.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by iice(f): 5:38am On Dec 25, 2011
Different with people. Some just naturally flirt. Just as some are naturally the touchy touchy type. They are talking to you and their hands, hold your arm, your hand etc. Some flirt but have control. You just have to distinguish which is which. Not that, that is easy.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Suntemi(m): 6:28am On Dec 25, 2011
190_@:

Sadly 90% of Nigerian women are flirts

Why did you get your statistics from oooo? shocked
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by mrover(m): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
@iice you see that's the point. That very reason slightly, touchy or extreme can cause more harm than one imagines.
so why venture in the first place?

@ibkaye, it is. Very and it baffles me
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by 195(f): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
sun_temi:

Why did you get your statistics from oooo? shocked

from sun news smiley
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by mcnepow(m): 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
BelaMorena:

since when is flirting cheating?
No one said its cheating. But why should a gurl be eyeing another when seriously involved with one already.
190_@:

from sun news smiley
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2011
well it depends on how the partner sees it, if he/she isnt ok with it, then it has to discontinue
for me, as long she totally loves her bf, then no probs smiley
but they should be careful so it doesnt get out of hand.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2011
mcnepow:

No one said its cheating. But why should a gurl be eyeing another when seriously involved with one already.

you have a point there however we don't always act consciously.
That would be like a woman filing for divorce because her husband glanced
at a woman's backside. It's natural. Now if he went over and grabbed it or made
a remark then that's a different story.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by iice(f): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2011
mrover:

@iice you see that's the point. That very reason slightly, touchy or extreme can cause more harm than one imagines.
so why venture in the first place?

There is no venture in the first place. It's part of who they are. kinda like reflex. One can condition himself/herself though to tamper it down. It's just, is the person willing to do so?
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by dipo1: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
i think flirting is humanly. Everybody flirts except one is GAY embarassed
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by symbianDON(m): 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2011
dipo+:

i think flirting is humanly. Everybody flirts except one is GAY  embarassed
for where?! these days, gays too de eye each other yan.sh o! no dulling for their side.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by toluxa1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2011
It just occurred to me now. We are all saying women flirt, women do this that. Do they flirt with other women? No be with una, guys dem dey flirt with. I think this is most common with guys especially on online chatting platforms (mobile and PC). The guys are usually the ones that start it, don't they too have girl friends?
In my opinion, I think its all wrong though. A clear reflection of the damages technology is doing to relationships and how dirty the world is becoming.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by noholdsbarred(m): 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2011
The question of whether wrong or right is subjective. All relationships are different. What I see as wrong in my relationship could be condoned in another. There is no general rule when it comes to relationships. Besides, it's not only women that flirt, men do too. I know, because I'm currently in the same dilemma.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by ficoram(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2011
its understanding each other or trusting ur partner that matters.i did the same some weeks back and my gf understand i was only playing n nothing seriouse is going on.u can only get jealouse if u feel the person ur partner is flirting wt has better qualities u dont posses.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by seedord247(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2011
They are all over here looking for one pathetic MUGUN.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by IbroSaunks(m): 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
it's neither right nor wrong!
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2011
Dumb question. Is it good to flirt? What a dumb question. You do not know what is right?
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by slap1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
There is a limit to everything. When the flirting takes on a guilty hue, it becomes OK to stop. Nothing in excess.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2011
I dont bloody care! My gal has made me go into full blown cheating, cos i can nOT longer tolerate her flirting shi.t wen in a r/shp with me. Simples.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by narttis1: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2011
very silly question to ask
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by mrover(m): 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
@noholdsbarred: ur conjecture is plainly wrong.
Using logic to justify flirting wont work. It's just wrong!

If anyone sees it as normal, it means he has come to a point of acceptance that he
can't do anyfin bout it n wants to let it be.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]why start what you can't finish?? a flirt is someone who behaves as if they are sexually attracted to someone, although not seriously, that is deceitful and a lame attempt to get attention, i think it's totally wrong for a lady or guy in a relationship to do flirt.
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2011
Flirting is natural and as long as it does not go beyond compliments, it's safe but when touching is involved the it should stop
Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by cynthiafred67(f): 12:22am On Dec 26, 2011
Mynd_44:

Flirting is natural and as long as it does not go beyond compliments, it's safe but when touching is involved the it should stop

^^ Seconded

1 Like

Re: Flirting While In A Relationship? by 195(f): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2011
information reaching me says 99% of nigerian girls flirt

na true?

na question i ask oh!

99% minus my mama and sisters angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When A Girl Strip Naked To Curse Her Ex... / Guys: Can You Take Her To Mama...? (photo) / Married Men Can Still Have Female Best Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.