Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using (33755 Views)

10 Subtle Eye Contact Flirting Moves That Always Work / 10 Worst Flirting Moves You Should Never Use / 10 outdated Questions You Should Not Ask A Girl On A First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by fijiano202(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
Many of the Outdated flirting moves are used in romance novels and romantic comedies. Unfortunately, the flirting moves used in the movies never always work in our real life.- Be creative. Be real. wink

Perhaps, you’ve noticed that in movies a woman can get the man by using a few worst flirting moves, however, you might not be as lucky as she is.

Here are 10 Outdated Flirting Moves you should Quit Employing.

1. Make him jealous-

Perhaps, you want to date a nice guy, but it seems he is not interested in you. So you decided to hook up with one of his best friends, because you think it will make him jealous and he will definitely fall in love with you. Well, girls, this is actually one of the worst flirting moves you should never use. Never flirt with the other guy to impress your crush. It doesn’t work.

2. Twirling your hair-

Sure, men like beautiful locks, but mindlessly twirling your hair won’t make your crush fall in love with you. After all, the wind might not blow your hair like you are posing for your photo-shoots. Hair flips can be lovely, if you do them correctly, but if you don’t, you could whack someone in their face.

3. Eat enticingly-

Did you watch “Horrible Bosses”? Do you remember Jennifer Aniston’s window scene? You should not try it in public. Everybody will stare, but it will be ridiculous. It’s so funny to see in a movie, but you could easily make a fool out of yourself in real life.

4. Starting the relationship in the public eye-

Are you going to admit you love someone? It’s great, but make sure you do it in private. Avoid doing it in front of his friends, your entire company or school. If a man turns you down, it will be extremely embarrassing. Yes, he might return your affection, but do you really want to begin your relationship in the public eye? I’m sure, you don’t.

5. Lie-

You know, couples lie about everything in movies. No matter how small or big the lie is, they have to tell the truth. Then, they fight and make up in the last 20-30 minutes of screen time. In fact, there is no reason to lie to a crush, boyfriend or spouse. I speak from my personal experience. It’s much better to avoid the fighting and much more enjoyable to stick to the kissing.

6. Fight and kiss-

Now, can you tell me how many times have you seen a couple screaming at each other just to end the argument with a make-out session? In movies, it occurs very often, but in real life, most fights don’t have a pleasant outcome. Sure, you might end up kissing, but your problems won’t disappear and you will have to deal with them in the morning.

7. Bump into him-

Well, girls, this flirting move is not so bad and it can actually help you to know if your crush is interested in you. Just find out his schedule, turn a corner at the same time that your crush does so that you collide. Don’t forget to take a stack of papers, and when you both collide make sure your papers fly everywhere. If your crush bends down to pick them up, it’s a good sign. But if he just keeps walking, you should certainly forget about him. He is not worth your time.

8. Winking-

Well, maybe it seems cliché, but many women think that winking is an effective flirting move and a great way to attract any man. However, if you wink at him several times, he may think you have a tick. If you want to attract a man, make a good eye contact instead of winking. It’s smart and it shows you are really interested in him. Just make sure you don’t stare.

9. Laughing at everything he says-

When things are really funny, laughing is an excellent way to flirt. But if you laugh at every word or sentence he says, you will confuse him and he might think you are a little silly. A lovely smile is everything you need in order to attract a man. When he says something funny, you might want to laugh, but not too much.

10. Complimenting him-

Compliments are good in moderation but terrible in excess. While it’s okay to say a few nice compliments, you don’t need to compliment him every minute. Tell him that he looks great in that shirt, or compliment his cooking skills, if he cooked you dinner, and he will fall in love with you in a jiff. If you enjoy meeting him, you can say that too.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by zyzxx(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
Some of them are still in town

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
grin true! especially dat no9! it wil even make u look like a fool to him!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Formidable1: 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ok.
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by snazzy5050(m): 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
nice one
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Medunah: 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
Very true, I so hate no.4
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Xadore: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hmmm okay and also just in case grin

1 Like

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by fijiano202(m): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
Medunah:
Very true, I so hate no.4
imagine the embarrassment that comes after the big NO

1 Like

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Shawl001(m): 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nice write up!
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by IncomeClass: 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Where did you get this from? It was informative anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lb3q8c--34

How To Sing Harmony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by kayalla(f): 1:04am On Jan 23, 2015
so wat should we do then? tie wrapper and watch him from window?

5 Likes

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by passionate88: 11:51am On Jan 23, 2015
I so much hate that number 1 eh, why e b say na only when she see me she go dey laugh carelessly when she dey make call or hold d guy hand? Thank God say I dey easily lose interest for girls matter. No b me dm go use practice "My heart beats for Amaka" or any other Telemundo series

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:
grin true! especially dat no9! it wil even make u look like a fool to him!

I understand exactly what you are saying. This is a major way they express their feelings. smiley
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by sinizia: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2015
Fijiano202, stop plagiarising and credit the author of that write-up.

http://en.amerikanki.com/worst-flirting-moves-you-should-
never-use/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by missbehave247(m): 9:47am On Mar 11, 2015
True talk

1 Like

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Olutola88(m): 9:47am On Mar 11, 2015
Really? If you do all these, your self-esteem must be terribly low

1 Like

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2015
None of this fit catch my attn
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 11, 2015
Hmmmm
Wanna get inspired? Follow www.purposefullivingwithkosiebirim..com
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by lifestyle1(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2015
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by condralbede(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2015
ok..maybe you r on point! am not sure though.what works for dogs don't usually work for cats.

#myopinion
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 11, 2015
Na lie joo
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by menesheh(m): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2015
like seriously
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Mhizkel(f): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Op dis your list refers to ladies only...Now for d men, stop telling a lady that she looks familiar as your wooing scope...It's outdated!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by mytime24(f): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Akinife03(m): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by taiwo0000(m): 9:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Wow dis cool.....nice1
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by martincbarton: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2015
ok oooo

1 Share

Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Richie0974: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2015
Just passing.....
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2015
undecided
Re: 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using by sweetbaby22(f): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2015
@OP if we don't do MOST of these things in the list. How do we get a guys attention. OR let him know we are interested and want something more wink.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / Trending Video Of A Couple Having Their First Kiss On Their Wedding Day / 7 Sure Fire Ways Of Getting Your Ex-boyfriend Back. Ladies Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.