Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628046 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

You have not watched any of the games. It is screaming through your posts.

Successfully guarded my foot. Both players have gotten most of the shots they wanted. It just did not fall. Curry of 2015/16 will average 40ppg in 25mins going by the type of shots he has missed.
Lol, gotten most of the shots they wants? Not entirely true
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:07am On May 09, 2019
If KD is out, i predict, Curry will get at least 10 free throws in game 6, he will become the driver, and all fouls will become glaring. The guy gets fouled all day while doing his runs. Did you realize when Curry was driving in the 4th, a lot of guys were wide open for threes, draymond green and Jerebko especially.
Eruditor:

If Curry is on his level. They can't stop him. They have not even stopped him in this series. He has just not been himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:17am On May 09, 2019
We need as many bodies as we can get for that guy.
Eruditor:

LOL.

Bucks and Rockets are 2 teams I fear for different reasons. Rockets because the NBA cheat for them or fall for their antics. Bucks because they have an unstoppable player in Giannis.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:29am On May 09, 2019
steady986:

That's usually the case when a major threat gets off before the end of a game. It kinda takes the opposition team unaware, because KD was in their original plan, and suddenly he wasn't. Kind of like when Lebron got injured against GS. GS still got blown out in that game. But in the subsequent games without Lebron what happened?

What game is that?

Stop talking claptrap. Do you think we started watching basketball yesterday?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:30am On May 09, 2019
steady986:

Lol, gotten most of the shots they wants? Not entirely true

Your own is to listen to Nick Wright and come here to post rubbish. Go and watch the game and see the type of wide-open 3s Curry missed today and all series long. In fact, the 3pt shots he made were more difficult than his misses.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:33am On May 09, 2019
benji93:
If KD is out, i predict, Curry will get at least 10 free throws in game 6, he will become the driver, and all fouls will become glaring. The guy gets fouled all day while doing his runs. Did you realize when Curry was driving in the 4th, a lot of guys were wide open for threes, draymond green and Jerebko especially.

I feel it will force him to not be cute and passive but to attack the paint as much as possible and collapse their defense. Expect players like Jerebko to play very well with the wide open shots they will have.

It won't be easy because Refs will cheat like they did in 15/16 to get an extension of a series but if Curry goes back to the guy he was even during the regular season, this will end in 6.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:53am On May 09, 2019
Logged in just to say hi to Roland17 my big bro

Your Celtics are still in the playoffs. I have them in 9

How are you? How's your chest right now? Izzit paining you weh weh? Eeyah!!!

Just do this pose and you'll be alright grin grin

Hit me!!!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8850620_8f6398882da544deb565621a15e36bd9_jpeg_jpeg77db898a57cffadd7d7691a6aadcdc0f
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:02am On May 09, 2019
Decale:

Hit me!!!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8850620_8f6398882da544deb565621a15e36bd9_jpeg_jpeg77db898a57cffadd7d7691a6aadcdc0f

Lol....you still dey beef Oga Roland?? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:11am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

If Curry is on his level. They can't stop him. They have not even stopped him in this series. He has just not been himself.

They don't necessary have to stop him offensively, but if they key on him defensively and make him work hard on that end(he might even get into foul trouble because of this). Then he either will be more tired especially given the fact he will have to play upwards of 40mins or he might then be in foul trouble.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:50am On May 09, 2019
steady986:

Lol. It's easy to say all these now that you know KD ain't playing. I don't want to hear you mention KD when you guys get swept in game 6 without him.
How do they sweep a team 4 games to 3.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:53am On May 09, 2019
I'm not even going to be replying most of these clowns anymore.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:56am On May 09, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Its the opposite really, I feel like if he signs with the Lakers that's what everyone will say so thats probably not going to happen.
Kyrie does not strike me as someone that cares about public opinion

KarnThornheart:

People really forget cousins was in the MVP conversation before he went down. He's not a point centre but he too was racking up triple doubles. Unfortunately the twin towers didn't make the playoffs together but boogie would have taken a lot of scalps that year too. That version of cousins was a monster.
But he went down as early as January, Jokic and the Nuggets were down 2 of their starters. And they still finished with the second seed

Boogie put up numbers but it could be argued New Orleans played better after he got hurt
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:09am On May 09, 2019
birdman:

I feel like the celtics expended so much negative emotional energyduring the season, they really dont have enough energy to muster a fight.

I know yall want to call Kyrie out, and yeah, I agree he deserves major blame. But what of all your role players that spent all season yapping about how they didnt need Kyrie to reach ECF?

I think your team is young, and they bought into thr media circus of evil guys like SAS and Jalen Rose. This is a terrible way for a team with so much promise to go out!
Like Shaq always said Phil Jackson used to tell him "Beware of the switch, cos when you turn it on it might not work" the truth is the Celtics showed us who they are all season long and we refused to believe them

I think Kyrie must shoulder majority of the blame. He wanted to be the #1 guy, the leader and he failed woefully. He was 6/21 last night and has arguably been worse than Westbrick. He didn't make shots, he didn't get his teammates involved, just kept jacking shot after ill-advised shot!

I won't hold Kyrie responsible for the terrible play of Tatum and Hayward though but since the competition and quality of teams in the East have improved it would have been a bit naïve to believe the Celtics without Kyrie would have made the Finals this year. This is however not a case of Kyrie playing well and the role players holding him down. He shot 25/83 in the series!!

4 guys on Milwaukee shot better than that from 3pt range

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:13am On May 09, 2019
darkelf:

My comment was just banter bro. Should've added a smiley at the end.
grin
Ahh. I for fear
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:14am On May 09, 2019
Couldn't catch the GSW game, just went through the play by play, the Rockets really blew this one. They stunk up the joint. CP3 is one hell of a choker geezz. This was the best opportunity they had to beat GSW in this series.
Big props to Curry he stepped up in the 4th
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:54am On May 09, 2019
Who remembers this? Mark Jackson talking about shtuping lebrons wife on live TV cheesy

https://twitter.com/babyitsmb/status/1126296345831247874
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:03am On May 09, 2019
Khanben:
Couldn't catch the GSW game, just went through the play by play, the Rockets really blew this one. They stunk up the joint. CP3 is one hell of a choker geezz. This was the best opportunity they had to beat GSW in this series.
Big props to Curry he stepped up in the 4th
CP3 doesn't have a ring to win in his whole career
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 11:25am On May 09, 2019
Decale:

Hit me!!!!!!

chai
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:53am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

What game is that?

Stop talking claptrap. Do you think we started watching basketball yesterday?
Forgive me if you didn't watch the game against GS when Lebron pulled his groin.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:55am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

Your own is to listen to Nick Wright and come here to post rubbish. Go and watch the game and see the type of wide-open 3s Curry missed today and all series long. In fact, the 3pt shots he made were more difficult than his misses.
Even Curry misses a few open 3s from time to time. It didn't start in this series
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:58am On May 09, 2019
[
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:58am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

I feel it will force him to not be cute and passive but to attack the paint as much as possible and collapse their defense. Expect players like Jerebko to play very well with the wide open shots they will have.

It won't be easy because Refs will cheat like they did in 15/16 to get an extension of a series but if Curry goes back to the guy he was even during the regular season, this will end in 6.
Lol, what happened to the wide open threes Curry and Clay was getting when KD was driving to the rim? Or do you now prefer Jerebko taking threes than Curry taking them?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2019
Hardetayour:
How do they sweep a team 4 games to 3.
I was going to ignore you, but again what's the point of being here? I suggest you read my post again and correct yourself.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

We were losing this game with KD on the court and then won it as soon as he left. Not because we don't need him but because other players stepped up. That is who we have always been. All that rubbish from so-called analysts is for ratings.
I think we will just need to get more inside the paint point.Pass ball to players for easy dunks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 09, 2019
Whoever assembled this bucks team is a don. Bledsoe, Middleton, Giannis, Mirotic, Lopez. Plus Brogdon, Ilyasova and even george hill has been playing well. This team is really really good.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 1:04pm On May 09, 2019
@Eruditor pls is KD going to ready by game six?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 09, 2019
Two years later I can definitively say, the cavs won the trade.
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 1:29pm On May 09, 2019
popizaino:
@Eruditor pls is KD going to ready by game six?
Definitely not.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:43pm On May 09, 2019
steady986:

Forgive me if you didn't watch the game against GS when Lebron pulled his groin.

Lakers? Regular season?

Sorry, but are you a clown?/ grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:44pm On May 09, 2019
steady986:

Even Curry misses a few open 3s from time to time. It didn't start in this series

From time to time is different from 4 straight. Or different from whatever fvcked up % he has been shooting by. Bomb dey your head?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:46pm On May 09, 2019
steady986:

Lol, what happened to the wide open threes Curry and Clay was getting when KD was driving to the rim? Or do you now prefer Jerebko taking threes than Curry taking them?

Jerebko is a renowned spot up shooter. Sadly, that is not Curry's game even though he can thrive at it once in a while. So when I say spot up shooters like that will have a good game I know what I am saying. Also, Curry has no reason to be passive, there is no KD to bail us out. And I will take Curry any and every day when he is not passive.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:47pm On May 09, 2019
steady986:

I was going to ignore you, but again what's the point of being here? I suggest you read my post again and correct yourself.

You goofed but I did not point it out as it was not important. You used swept wrongly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.