Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635474 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:02am On May 17, 2019
A40:
This is personal. I heard Breazale got into a brawl with his brother. Anyway it could be rigged nonetheless. Breazale just looks boring to me sha. Still think he gets past round 6 at the very least

Two KO artists who hate each other. Two Sluggers with genuine bad blood between them. Nothing boring about this. Breazale has heart but you just want him to go past 6 cause of flex mentallo.

Speaking of flex, remember when he refused to fight in the US? Now he's fighting a spray can here and wants the wilder fight probably cause he saw fury fight him somewhat successfully and now he has the courage. Lol!

BTW did you see what happened to MVP? So soon as he starts fighting credible opposition he gets KOd street fighter style Loool! What a fraud.
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 8:39am On May 17, 2019
ipledge10:
Dreymond playing his life out... Damn this guy is not overrated.

Please help me tell the GSW haters
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:45am On May 17, 2019
Probably the most illogical I've heard since the draft lottery is for Zion to stay in school so as not to play for the Pelicans. This dude has a huge opportunity to cash out both from his rookie contract and a huge shoe deal and people are saying he should pass it up so as to play in a big market team.
Lebron built his empire mostly in a small market, so I still don't understand the list for the so called big market teams especially when most of their teams suck
Thankfully his stepfather just said he (Zion) will be happy to play for anybody who drafts him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 17, 2019
Khanben:
Probably the most illogical I've heard since the draft lottery is for Zion to stay in school so as not to play for the Pelicans. This dude has a huge opportunity to cash out both from his rookie contract and a huge shoe deal and people are saying he should pass it up so as to play in a big market team.
Lebron built his empire mostly in a small market, so I still don't understand the list for the so called big market teams especially when most of their teams suck
Thankfully his stepfather just said he (Zion) will be happy to play for anybody who drafts him.

I feel really bad for this kid cause he seems like a genuinely nice guy. But the media has just piled up so much expectations on his head that he simply wont live up to. Blake Griffins melanin brother is going to let a lot of people down and i cant even enjoy it because the kid is a class act.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 17, 2019
Has everyone suddenly forgotten how injury prone AD is because it seems no one is factoring that into his resume.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 17, 2019
Everywhere you look. Guess who's on top?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:
I swear game of zones has been the best thing about this playoffs. cheesy
The makers of that show are clearly Bronsexuals
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:24pm On May 17, 2019
Khanben:
This whole noise about small market, I don't think there has ever been a time where where you played mattered so little especially with social media and league coverage at an all-time high. If he plays well his game would speak for him regardless like the likes of Tim Duncan and Karl Malone before him

In fact for Zion it would be much better as a Southern kid to play in a Southern team with limited expectations than a lot of the over hyped big market circus teams we keep hearing about.

I don't think Zion or his people would be so stupid as to not cash out now that the demand for him is at an all-time high
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 17, 2019
A40:
The makers of that show are clearly Bronsexuals

They've literally made more fun of lebron than anyone else over the last two episodes. But yeah sure, bronsexuals.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Two KO artists who hate each other. Two Sluggers with genuine bad blood between them. Nothing boring about this. Breazale has heart but you just want him to go past 6 cause of flex mentallo.

Speaking of flex, remember when he refused to fight in the US? Now he's fighting a spray can here and wants the wilder fight probably cause he saw fury fight him somewhat successfully and now he has the courage. Lol!

BTW did you see what happened to MVP? So soon as he starts fighting credible opposition he gets KOd street fighter style Loool! What a fraud.
I'm talking more about Breazeale's personality. Wilder is more or less selling this fight by himself is what I'm trying to say

And It's not a matter of what I want. Aside the assortment of bums he fought earlier in his career every other decent fighter took him at least 8 rounds including Eric Molina who Breazeale beat so what's wrong in expecting Breazeale to make it past the 6th round?

Lmaooo why you keep attacking AJ. He has no reason to be afraid of Wilder. This is about who can negotiate better and get the best terms for their clients. The boxing itself is secondary and whether you like it or not Wilder is the 'Challenger' in this fight and as such must make the most concessions. It's just the way it is in today's boxing

MVP is a typical product of British hype. Probably looking for the next Bisping

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:53pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:

They've literally made more fun of lebron than anyone else over the last two episodes. But yeah sure, bronsexuals.
You can be Bronsexuals and still make fun of him from time to time. Don't think we missed the subtle GOAT references. Besides this episode was definitely not making fun of Bron. He was the centerpiece
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:48pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:
Everywhere you look. Guess who's on top?
Where's Jordan! undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 17, 2019
steady986:

Where's Jordan! undecided

Active players.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 17, 2019
A40:
You can be Bronsexuals and still make fun of him from time to time. Don't think we missed the subtle GOAT references. Besides this episode was definitely not making fun of Bron. He was the centerpiece

Thinking lebron is the GOAT doesnt make you a bronsexual, just a sane human being. Besides, who said there can only be one GOAT? And in the context they used it he thought he was the GOAT not anyone else. Dirk and the mavericks were the centerpiece of the previous episode. If he gets more screen time its cause he sells more than anyone else. Dont pretend as if game of zones isnt better than that trash that has turned you lot into neeks. I see you lot are already complaining, I warned you about that show did i not? Just wait for the finale.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 17, 2019
A40:
I'm talking more about Breazeale's personality. Wilder is more or less selling this fight by himself is what I'm trying to say

And It's not a matter of what I want. Aside the assortment of bums he fought earlier in his career every other decent fighter took him at least 8 rounds including Eric Molina who Breazeale beat so what's wrong in expecting Breazeale to make it past the 6th round?

Lmaooo why you keep attacking AJ. He has no reason to be afraid of Wilder. This is about who can negotiate better and get the best terms for their clients. The boxing itself is secondary and whether you like it or not Wilder is the 'Challenger' in this fight and as such must make the most concessions. It's just the way it is in today's boxing

MVP is a typical product of British hype. Probably looking for the next Bisping

Ohh yeah hes boring AF! Just seemed very specific and with Joshuas record i cant help but make that prediction. Breazeales head movement is sh-t, might get flattened very early. Why I give wilder a better chance against AJ than Fury, AJs movements are too lateral and very few heavyweights move like the gypsy king. Make no mistake, he would have gotten smashed as well if he didnt run away from the rematch like a b-tch. I also like that wilder has been putting on some weight recently, looks noticeably bulkier (hope he doesnt pop like his brother did) and weighed in heavier for this bout.

Hes obviously less scared now cause fury did well against him.

Felt bad for him at first, then i watched the post fight presser and he was still cocky as ever. Lima kicked his chicken legs in that stupid wide stance of his and he almost did a 360 and man said he slipped LOOL cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:07pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Thinking lebron is the GOAT doesnt make you a bronsexual, just a sane human being. Besides, who said there can only be one GOAT? And in the context they used it he thought he was the GOAT not anyone else. Dirk and the mavericks were the centerpiece of the previous episode. If he gets more screen time its cause he sells more than anyone else. Dont pretend as if game of zones isnt better than that trash that has turned you lot into neeks. I see you lot are already complaining, I warned you about that show did i not? Just wait for the finale.
Lmaooo I love Game of Zones. I don't know what you're talking about. Was just pointing out the Bronsexual behavior I observed. I had no issues when they trolled Kobe mercilessly either. It's what the show is about

As for GOT I don't know what people are complaining about. They have just six episodes to fit in so much. And if it's about Daenerys then what did ninjas expect? She lost her dragons, her two best friends so of course she was going to lose her shyte.

I will agree that the editors probably need to be fired for their hilarious gaffes like the coffee cup and Jaime's hands suddenly regrowing
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 17, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo I love Game of Zones. I don't know what you're talking about. Was just pointing out the Bronsexual behavior I observed. I had no issues when they trolled Kobe mercilessly either. It's what the show is about

As for GOT I don't know what people are complaining about. They have just six episodes to fit in so much. And if it's about Daenerys then what did ninjas expect? She lost her dragons, her two best friends so of course she was going to lose her shyte

LOL! I dont know what people are complaining about either i told you i stopped watching that crap a while back I just know people are complaining. I'm just pointing out that i predicted this season was going to expose this show for what it is. Besides, no one forced them to fit it into 6 episodes they chose to do it this way cause they probably ran out of ideas. I'm sure HBO would have been more than happy to oblige more episodes.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:26pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Ohh yeah hes boring AF! Just seemed very specific and with Joshuas record i cant help but make that prediction. Breazeales head movement is sh-t, might get flattened very early. Why I give wilder a better chance against AJ than Fury, AJs movements are too lateral and very few heavyweights move like the gypsy king. Make no mistake, he would have gotten smashed as well if he didnt run away from the rematch like a b-tch. I also like that wilder has been putting on some weight recently, looks noticeably bulkier (hope he doesnt pop like his brother did) and weighed in heavier for this bout.

Hes obviously less scared now cause fury did well against him.
Breazeale is pretty tough. He can also hit and won't be an easy meal for Deontay. I hope he doesn't get into the ring feeling overconfident. I would be suprised if the fight doesn't get to Round 6 at the very least

Wilder is not as technically sound as AJ. All that windmill nonsense will not work here. Lool also Prime Fury would definitely have given Wilder the business based on what we saw last November so let's not lose sight of the fact that Wilder had no business not winning that fight against a Fury not really at the peak of his powers

For me Wilder's intangibles are what might help him survive a battle with AJ but remember that while AJ might not move like Gypsy King, AJ is far more explosive. Don't expect Wilder to survive AJ's blows like he survived Fury who hits like a fairy even when he was in pristine form

AJ had no reason to be scared of Wilder. This fight only showed what we already knew
KarnThornheart:

Felt bad for him at first, then i watched the post fight presser and he was still cocky as ever. Lima kicked his chicken legs in that stupid wide stance of his and he almost did a 360 and man said he slipped LOOL cheesy
I'm just happy the hype surrounding him can now die a natural death and we can move on
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:38pm On May 17, 2019
KarnThornheart:

LOL! I dont know what people are complaining about either i told you i stopped watching that crap a while back I just know people are complaining. I'm just pointing out that i predicted this season was going to expose this show for what it is. Besides, no one forced them to fit it into 6 episodes they chose to do it this way cause they probably ran out of ideas. I'm sure HBO would have been more than happy to oblige more episodes.
It's just mostly people getting in their feelings about Dany's heel turn by frying the entire King's Landing. And then Episode 4 getting leaked way before it aired

Lol do you know how much each episode costs? It's the most expensive series ever made. I doubt HBO didn't consider these things before going on a two year break between Season 7 and 8. The show costs a shitload of money
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:08am On May 18, 2019
A40:

Breazeale is pretty tough. He can also hit and won't be an easy meal for Deontay. I hope he doesn't get into the ring feeling overconfident. I would be suprised if the fight doesn't get to Round 6 at the very least

Wilder is not as technically sound as AJ. All that windmill nonsense will not work here. Lool also Prime Fury would definitely have given Wilder the business based on what we saw last November so let's not lose sight of the fact that Wilder had no business not winning that fight against a Fury not really at the peak of his powers

For me Wilder's intangibles are what might help him survive a battle with AJ but remember that while AJ might not move like Gypsy King, AJ is far more explosive. Don't expect Wilder to survive AJ's blows like he survived Fury who hits like a fairy even when he was in pristine form

AJ had no reason to be scared of Wilder. This fight only showed what we already knew

I'm just happy the hype surrounding him can now die a natural death and we can move on

Only thing thats certain about this fight is that it'll end up in a knockout, i cant guarantee when!

This windmill myth again? wilder only goes wild (for lack of a better word) when he thinks is opponent is stunned. He may not be the most accurate puncher or have the best leg or head movement but he has shown he can be a bit more cerebral like in the first stiverne fight. And when he strikes hes very fast and has shown some counter punching ability in the past. Power can only take you so far, power wont let you get past ortiz or put down fury twice. Again if fury is so sure he won that fight, why did he run away from a rematch?

If Flex Mentallo wasnt at least skeptical he wouldve called wilders bluff, come to the US and beat him still long ago. He wanted the fight but he wanted it in the UK, now hes a bit more assured. Wilder is getting older so i just hope we see this fight soon. And AJs power is different from wilders, its more of a cumulative effect than wilders one punch KO mjolnir. Wilder just needs to land once, can you guarantee AJ will avoid it for long enough when even fury couldnt?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:49am On May 18, 2019
A40:
It's just mostly people getting in their feelings about Dany's heel turn by frying the entire King's Landing. And then Episode 4 getting leaked way before it aired

Lol do you know how much each episode costs? It's the most expensive series ever made. I doubt HBO didn't consider these things before going on a two year break between Season 7 and 8. The show costs a shitload of money

Costs a shitload of money, makes them even more shitloads of money. Werent they contemplating spinoffs?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:57am On May 18, 2019
I went to a construction site today, threw 20 bricks shouting "kobe!", I'm clutch now, i have mamba mentality. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:03am On May 18, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Costs a shitload of money, makes them even more shitloads of money. Werent they contemplating spinoffs?
Still you want to maximize profits. If I only need to spend $100m to make $1bn. I wouldn't want to part with even an extra $1m if I don't absolutely have to. Also part of GOT's appeal is the limited number of episodes, plus forget money other factors like logistics and the sheer time and man resources it required to put it all together was a lot
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:29am On May 18, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Only thing thats certain about this fight is that it'll end up in a knockout, i cant guarantee when!

This windmill myth again? wilder only goes wild (for lack of a better word) when he thinks is opponent is stunned. He may not be the most accurate puncher or have the best leg or head movement but he has shown he can be a bit more cerebral like in the first stiverne fight. And when he strikes hes very fast and has shown some counter punching ability in the past. Power can only take you so far, power wont let you get past ortiz or put down fury twice. Again if fury is so sure he won that fight, why did he run away from a rematch?
I expect a Wilder Knockout but probably not as early as you think.

I'm telling you Wilder's fights usually end up going longer than they should because of accuracy issues. The only guy he put away quickly in recent times was the morbidly obese Stiverne for all his power

He barely survived Ortiz and even vs Fury, Fury came back in that 12th round and almost knocked out Wilder.

It's not about whether Fury is sure of the rematch or not. Wilder was the favorite for the first fight and for Wilder to get a draw that even notoriously biased American pundits and boxers disagreed with for a fight that held in his own country then that says it all. Wilder was my pick for the fight but he fall my hand

KarnThornheart:

If Flex Mentallo wasnt at least skeptical he wouldve called wilders bluff, come to the US and beat him still long ago. He wanted the fight but he wanted it in the UK, now hes a bit more assured. Wilder is getting older so i just hope we see this fight soon. And AJs power is different from wilders, its more of a cumulative effect than wilders one punch KO mjolnir. Wilder just needs to land once, can you guarantee AJ will avoid it for long enough when even fury couldnt?
AJ is the Champ. It's on Wilder to dance to his tune and not the other way around.

For me I think both fighters are running out of time to set up this fight. I hope it doesn't wind up like Mayweather-Pacman situation

I don't know that blow for blow Wilder hits harder than AJ. At least we can judge from the guy they both fought (Eric Molina) and who was able to KO the other guy quicker. One needed just 3 rounds, the other was wobbled by Molina and needed 9.

You should also realize that it is much harder to recover from a barrage of blows than just one punch. A smart boxer can hit the canvas after one punch and avoid further unnecessary punishment. You're less likely to recover after a barrage. Do you think Wilder can survive AJ'S hits. If Fury had AJ's KO power you think Wilder would have survived that fight?
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 1:30am On May 18, 2019
KarnThornheart:
I went to a construction site today, threw 20 bricks shouting "kobe!", I'm clutch now, i have mamba mentality. cheesy

That's not....doesn't make sense

Kobe still better than Lebron
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 1:33am On May 18, 2019
A40:

I'm telling you Wilder's fights usually end up going longer than they should because of accuracy issues. The only guy he put away quickly in recent times was the morbidly obese Stiverne for all his power

He barely survived Ortiz and even vs Fury, Fury came back in that 12th round and almost knocked out Wilder.

It's not about whether Fury is sure of the rematch or not. Wilder was the favorite for the first fight and for Wilder to get a draw that even notoriously biased American pundits and boxers disagreed with for a fight that held in his own country then that says it all. Wilder was my pick for the fight but he fall my hand

AJ is the Champ. It's on Wilder to dance to his tune and not the other way around.

For me I think both fighters are running out of time to set up this fight. I hope it doesn't wind up like Mayweather-Pacman situation

I don't know that blow for blow Wilder hits harder than AJ. At least we can judge from the guy they both fought (Eric Molina) and who was able to KO the other guy quicker. One needed just 3 rounds, the other was wobbled by Molina and needed 9.

You should also realize that it is much harder to recover from a barrage of blows than just one punch. A smart boxer can hit the canvas after one punch and avoid further unnecessary punishment. You're less likely to recover after a barrage. Do you think Wilder can survive AJ'S hits. If Fury had AJ's KO power you think Wilder would have survived that fight?

I didn't expect Wilder to defeat Fury. In fact, I was not surprised at the draw

Wilder is just raw brawn with little technicality...had fury being more active, he would've won
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:45am On May 18, 2019
Gasol has started again. Smh angry
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:55am On May 18, 2019
Am i the only one that thinks GSW without KD is just the team that can counteract the dominance of the Buck. The raptors offence stagnates, no movement.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:55am On May 18, 2019
Lool the Raptors are getting destroyed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:56am On May 18, 2019
A40:

Wilders fights dont have any trend or trajectory. Thats what makes him deontay, he has more KOs in the first 6 than all the others combined so i dont know what you are talking about. Up until his fight with stiverne no one had seen round six with him. Recent opposition have been tougher than previous opposition so they should be more illusive but breazeale is probably the worst of them. Styles make fights and breazeale is perfect for him. If he barely survived ortiz then its fair to say AJ barely survived klitschko seeing as he not only dazed him he put him on his arse.

Not about Furys blatant show of cowardice? There was a fight, you claimed you were robbed. They said lets run it again and you run away? when you are sure you won the first one shouldnt the second go round be easier? Fury performed better than expected, then he had that comeback in the 12th, skewed everyones opinion. Even his compatriot sitting ringside had it as a draw.

LOL! MMA math doesnt hold but you're bringing it into boxing? Wilders power is not comparable to any current boxer, we havent seen power like wilders in a very long time. I dont like using mma math to judge fights or anything really but you have to understand AJ is more of a swarmer while wilder is a classic slugger. Sometimes it takes longer for sluggers to deliver cause they take their time while swarmers like to pile the pressure early.

A cumulative puncher doesnt hit you with a flurry all at once, he hits you with shots that over time begin to take effect. Like some of the shots breazeale took from AJ in their fight and kept coming forward, if that was wilder? Sweet caroline. People like wilder dont need that much build up time like i said his power is extraordinary.

If fury had AJs power, if wilder had furys skills, pointless.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:01am On May 18, 2019
Getting back Brogdon was huge for the Bucks. What an efficient a$$ mothaphucka
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:03am On May 18, 2019
darkelf:

I didn't expect Wilder to defeat Fury. In fact, I was not surprised at the draw

Wilder is just raw brawn with little technicality...had fury being more active, he would've won
Ring rust played a role in my sentiments plus Fury's lack of KO power and Wilder's abundance of it meant to me Wilder was always going to be in the fight as Fury would have been unable to put him away via Knockout

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.