Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,776 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627325 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
Mahomes came back from 10pt deficits twice in one game but Rodgers stank up the joint till the lead ballooned out of control. Then started doing a Dak Prescott racking up yardage with the game lost and throwing in a couple of TD scores to pad numbers.

You can't bring up tackling or defense when Rodgers did not score a single point in an entire half. You are not converting first downs and keeping the 49ers offense off the field so how does the defense cope?

Mahomes is my guy, but I ask anybody to name any skill player on the packers aside of Jones, Adams and old man Graham.
Any QB whose defense gives up an average of 36 points in all his playoff losses when his own offensive weapons is not overwhelming is bound to lose way more than he wins
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
Alaye go siddown somewhere with your overrated Quarterback. He bottled it again just like we predicted

Bottled what exactly? Was he supposed to also play defense? We are talking about a defense that could not stop an opposing team’s running game. The 49ers freaking ran 285 yards, averaging 7 yards per carry and then it’s all on Rodgers? Come on man! I know you don’t like the man but be factual about some things!
It was not a fair competition, the 49ers are a better team than the Packers, hands down and it is not even close! Garrapolo did not even have to do much, he threw only 8 passes the entire night.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khanben:

Mahomes is my guy, but I ask anybody to name any skill player on the packers aside of Jones, Adams and old man Graham.
Any QB whose defense gives up an average of 36 points in all his playoff losses when his own offensive weapons is not overwhelming is bound to lose way more than he wins
No no no we are not having this excuse. Having multiple elite skill players on your squad is a luxury not a necessity. If you call yourself an elite QB in GOAT conversation then it is optional you have multiple great skill players. The important thing is you have a decent O-LINE that gives you time to throw, which Rodgers has

1 great WR, A great RB and a decent TE is more than enough. Tom Brady won a Superbowl with James White, Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman. No excuses

Focusing on the points given away is a dubious way to analyze Rodgers playoff L's. The more objective analysis is to look at the circumstances surrounding each of the losses. Football is a symbiotic game and if the offense is not doing its job the defense will suffer.

Aaron Rodgers did not score a single point the entire first half. Let that sink in

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
Roland17:

Bottled what exactly? Was he supposed to also play defense? We are talking about a defense that could not stop an opposing team’s running game. The 49ers freaking ran 285 yards, averaging 7 yards per carry and then it’s all on Rodgers? Come on man! I know you don’t like the man but be factual about some things!
It was not a fair competition, the 49ers are a better team than the Packers, hands down and it is not even close! Garrapolo did not even have to do much, he threw only 8 passes the entire night.
He was rubbish the entire first half. Which nobody had the honesty to point out. All I kept reading was about their inability to stop the run. But what did Aaron Rodgers do when he had the ball?

Is it the defense that didn't allow Rodgers to stay on the field? is it the defense that threw that interception? Is the defense the reason Rodgers put 0 points on the board in the first half.

Why do you people never lack excuses for Aaron Rodgers. Were you not a better team than the Seahawks you beat last week? So why all the noise about Rodgers when he is only capable of bare minimum and can't elevate his teams. Since 2011 same story we keep hearing
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
RAHEEM MOSTERT....Take a Bow Son! What a Game from the Lad.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
THE SHANAHANS!.....You ain't getting any better than that Family.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
One last little factoid

Aaron Rodgers is 2-35 in 4th quarter comebacks against teams with winning records. grin grin
Make that 2-36 grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
No no no we are not having this excuse. Having multiple elite skill players on your squad is a luxury not a necessity. If you call yourself an elite QB in GOAT conversation then it is optional you have multiple great skill players. The important thing is you have a decent O-LINE that gives you time to throw, which Rodgers has

1 great WR, A great RB and a decent TE is more than enough. Tom Brady won a Superbowl with James White, Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman. No excuses

Focusing on the points given away is a dubious way to analyze Rodgers playoff L's. The more objective analysis is to look at the circumstances surrounding each of the losses. Football is a symbiotic game and if the offense is not doing its job the defense will suffer.

Aaron Rodgers did not score a single point the entire first half. Let that sink in

Dude stop cherry picking when you don't like a player. Tom Brady had an elite defense when he won it with just 2 weapons on offense.
Show me playoff games where Tom Brady's defense gave up 37 points and he still won
As for him not scoring in the entire first half, did you per chance notice the 49ers pass rush or were you just watching to see Rodgers fail.
Tom Brady's scout report is that he has to be pressured, if not he will cut your defense up. Do you even remember the team that wrote that playbook it was the Giants pass rush in 2007 with Strachan and co. that was prime Brady with prime Moss, Weller and co and he still crumbled under that kind of pressure. Football is not basketball, a great all around defense on both the D-line and secondary will always beat a one receiver offense everyday.
PS: This 49ers team have not lost a game this season when all their players on defense are fit, go check it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
He was rubbish the entire first half. Which nobody had the honesty to point out. All I kept reading was about their inability to stop the run. But what did Aaron Rodgers do when he had the ball?

Is it the defense that didn't allow Rodgers to stay on the field? is it the defense that threw that interception? Is the defense the reason Rodgers put 0 points on the board in the first half.

Why do you people never lack excuses for Aaron Rodgers. Were you not a better team than the Seahawks you beat last week? So why all the noise about Rodgers when he is only capable of bare minimum and can't elevate his teams. Since 2011 same story we keep hearing

Aaron is lucky that he already has one SB or his career would have ended like Marino. I remember Ray Lewis saying that the reason people say defense wins championships in football is because a great defense will always beat a great offense.
The 49ers were rushing just 4 in the first half and every play one of them was getting home. Rodgers had in most cases in that first half less than 3 seconds to throw with 7men covering, even Brady has shown that he cannot overcome that kind of pass rush
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
chic2pimp:
RAHEEM MOSTERT....Take a Bow Son! What a Game from the Lad.

This was surprising, the 49ers did not run up to 10 different plays the whole game. Kept seeing zone run blocks and it just kept working. Kyle shannahan is a disciplined coach, he stuck with what worked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khanben:

Dude stop cherry picking when you don't like a player. Tom Brady had an elite defense when he won it with just 2 weapons on offense.
Show me playoff games where Tom Brady's defense gave up 37 points and he still won
As for him not scoring in the entire first half, did you per chance notice the 49ers pass rush or were you just watching to see Rodgers fail.
Tom Brady's scout report is that he has to be pressured, if not he will cut your defense up. Do you even remember the team that wrote that playbook it was the Giants pass rush in 2007 with Strachan and co. that was prime Brady with prime Moss, Weller and co and he still crumbled under that kind of pressure. Football is not basketball, a great all around defense on both the D-line and secondary will always beat a one receiver offense everyday.
PS: This 49ers team have not lost a game this season when all their players on defense are fit, go check it
Una no dey tire to give excuses? Shey agbari o ki'n ta yin ni??

I have told you that the performance of a defense and offense are sometimes Inter related. If your offense can't maintain possession it tells on your defense.

I have seen Rodgers lose every possible way even when he had a better squad! When his defense gives him leads. Enough with the excuses!!!

What are you even talking about Brady crumbled? In 2007 didn't Eli Manning have to come from behind to win?

I'm not here for your excuses. In 2014 the Packers picked Wilson 4 times in one half and yet Rodgers couldn't seal the deal.

Old man Drew Brees hung 46 on this defense. And might have won if Jared Cook didn't get hurt. Yet you're making excuses for Aaron Rodgers who did not score a single point in the first half. What does that have to do with Brady?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
I am done with the argument. If your basis of argument against him is hung on the fact that he did not score a single point in the first half!

Baba, no be today you begin watch ball na! It would have been accommodating if he went scoreless the entire game. Have we not seen great QB’s go scoreless? Abeg I don leave this matter for you. Too many petty points that don’t validate your argument against his greatness.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
Una no dey tire to give excuses? Shey agbari o ki'n ta yin ni??

I have told you that the performance of a defense and offense are sometimes Inter related. If your offense can't maintain possession it tells on your defense.

I have seen Rodgers lose every possible way even when he had a better squad! When his defense gives him leads. Enough with the excuses!!!

What are you even talking about Brady crumbled? In 2007 didn't Eli Manning have to come from behind to win?

I'm not here for your excuses. In 2014 the Packers picked Wilson 4 times in one half and yet Rodgers couldn't seal the deal.

Old man Drew Brees hung 46 on this defense. And might have won if Jared Cook didn't get hurt. Yet you're making excuses for Aaron Rodgers who did not score a single point in the first half. What does that have to do with Brady?

Are we comparing the Saints roster to that of the Packers? Is that what you are doing?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khanben:

Aaron is lucky that he already has one SB or his career would have ended like Marino. I remember Ray Lewis saying that the reason people say defense wins championships in football is because a great defense will always beat a great offense.
The 49ers were rushing just 4 in the first half and every play one of them was getting home. Rodgers had in most cases in that first half less than 3 seconds to throw with 7men covering, even Brady has shown that he cannot overcome that kind of pass rush
Story story. Brady led the Patriots past the legion of boom, beat the Steelers and Ravens defenses in different stages of the post season. Don't tell me who the 49ers were rushing. Brady has beaten better defenses

The average time to get the ball off your hands is roughly 2.5 seconds. So unless you can scramble you're definitely in a tight spot if you don't release the ball.

If you're not able to score at all on this defense then what is the point of your greatness?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
Roland17:

Are we comparing the Saints roster to that of the Packers? Is that what you are doing?
What is the difference? How many offensive weapons do they have? There is a reason Michael Thomas has all their catches. You people always have excuses
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
What is the difference? How many offensive weapons do they have? There is a reason Michael Thomas has all their catches. You people always have excuses

Who on the Packers roster compares to Armstead, Cameron Jordan, Wil Lutz, Marshon Lattimore, Eli Apple, Ted Ginn, Kiko Alonso, Jared Cook, Janoris Jenkins. I have not even mentioned Thomas and Kamara.

Let me help you put this in perspective, the Saints have 7 Pro-Bowlers selected with 11 alternates (1st stand by group) on standby in case of injuries, guess how many the Packers have? 2, yes 2. Explain to me how a team with 7 Pro-Bowlers and 11 alternates compares in depth and quality to a team with 2 Pro-bowlers and 0 alternates. I am waiting!

Don't sell that package for me because I am no rookie when it comes to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
Story story. Brady led the Patriots past the legion of boom, beat the Steelers and Ravens defenses in different stages of the post season. Don't tell me who the 49ers were rushing. Brady has beaten better defenses

The average time to get the ball off your hands is roughly 2.5 seconds. So unless you can scramble you're definitely in a tight spot if you don't release the ball.

If you're not able to score at all on this defense then what is the point of your greatness?

Brady's defense led him past the legion of boom. There is no highlight reel of SB's that does not contain that interception, most people can't even remember one play Brady made in that game
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
Roland17:
I am done with the argument. If your basis of argument against him is hung on the fact that he did not score a single point in the first half!

Baba, no be today you begin watch ball na! It would have been accommodating if he went scoreless the entire game. Have we not seen great QB’s go scoreless? Abeg I don leave this matter for you. Too many petty points that don’t validate your argument against his greatness.

It's just baffling, people using team success to judge an individuals performance, the other day someone told me Gronk was better than Tony Gonzalez and his reasons boiled down to Gronk has rings.
Tony Parker has 4 rings, was he better than CP3
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Roland17:

Who on the Packers roster compares to Armstead, Cameron Jordan, Wil Lutz, Marshon Lattimore, Kiko Alonso, Jared Cook, Janoris Jenkins. I have not even mentioned Thomas and Kamara.
All these names you're listing are on defense not offense.

Jared Cook that you lot discarded na him you wan claim say na all-star? If so then that's credit to Drew Brees

Janoris Jenkins? Kiko Alonso? Lmaooo you're just name dropping now

Roland17:

Let me help you put this in perspective, the Saints have 7 Pro-Bowlers selected with 11 alternates (1st stand by group) on standby in case of injuries, guess how many the Packers have? 2, yes 2. Explain to me how a team with 7 Pro-Bowlers and 11 alternates compares in depth and quality to a team with 2 Pro-bowlers and 0 alternates. I am waiting!

Don't sell that package for me because I am no rookie when it comes to this.
Alaye ye ma perambulate. Is it by pro Bowl? Weren't you the one here complaining bitterly about how Aaron Jones should have made the list? Abeggi! You already know how I feel about these polling booth awards. Don't try to obfuscate the topic of discussion. Stay on the topic.

What does any of this have to do with Aaron Rodgers not leading Green Bay to a single score in the first half of a Championship game. A veteran QB not a rookie!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khanben:

Brady's defense led him past the legion of boom. There is no highlight reel of SB's that does not contain that interception, most people can't even remember one play Brady made in that game
The same defense that let in 24? Is it the defense that came back from a 10 pts deficit? Didn't Brady leave the defense with an advantage? Didn't Brady score 4 Touchdowns on the legion of boom?

Of course the casual fan can't remember any play Brady made in the game but Brady went home with MVP honors. Completing 37 passes (a Superbowl record) with 4 touchdowns as well
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
That 2018 run up to game 1 of the finals was something else.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khanben:

It's just baffling, people using team success to judge an individuals performance, the other day someone told me Gronk was better than Tony Gonzalez and his reasons boiled down to Gronk has rings.
Tony Parker has 4 rings, was he better than CP3
Lool only thing Gonzalez has on Gronk is longevity. Unlike Tony, Gronk could actually block
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:
Lool only thing Gonzalez has on Gronk is longevity. Unlike Tony, Gronk could actually block

Now I know your type, no worry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khanben:

Now I know your type, no worry
Go and do your research. Gronk is arguably the greatest tight end ever. I am not the one that came to that conclusion so direct your disagreement to the appropriate channel.

But for injuries it wouldn't even be a credible discussion. Gronk was the single most unstoppable force at his position. Ever!! Whatttt
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
I really have to ask this guy if he watched Gronk at all. Lmaoooo I'm a Steelers fan and I know wetin Gronk dey take our eye see. Imagine
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
A40:

All these names you're listing are on defense not offense.

Jared Cook that you lot discarded na him you wan claim say na all-star? If so then that's credit to Drew Brees

Janoris Jenkins? Kiko Alonso? Lmaooo you're just name dropping now

Alaye ye ma perambulate. Is it by pro Bowl? Weren't you the one here complaining bitterly about how Aaron Jones should have made the list? Abeggi! You already know how I feel about these polling booth awards. Don't try to obfuscate the topic of discussion. Stay on the topic.

What does any of this have to do with Aaron Rodgers not leading Green Bay to a single score in the first half of a Championship game. A veteran QB not a rookie!!

Na you begin compare Saints with Packers, not me. Defense helps offense in the number of possession a team can average in a Quarter which increases the win probability.
So I am asking you to show me how a team with 7 Pro-Bowlers and 11 first group alternates compares with a team with 2 Pro-Bowlers. I am still waiting.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
Roland17:

Na you begin compare Saints with Packers, not me. Defense helps offense in the number of possession a team can average in a Quarter which increases the win probability.
So I am asking you to show me how a team with 7 Pro-Bowlers and 11 first group alternates compares with a team with 2 Pro-Bowlers. I am still waiting.
I said if Drew Brees could hang 46 on them, surely the supposed GOAT with a decent Packers team that finished with 13 Wins can score a field goal in a half.

But if this straw is what you choose to clutch on to defend Rodgers's chokejob. Have at it
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:55pm On Jan 20, 2020
When the season started, the general consensus was that the Vikings will win the division with the Bears coming 2nd only because of their QB situation and the Packers were destined to miss the playoffs. These predictions were based primarily on the depth and quality of the rosters in the NFC North but somehow the Packers pull the best record in the division under the leadership of the GOAT yet he is a scrub! I understand he has regressed but telling me he has never been good or an exaggerated talent is what I will not stand for or condone irrespective of the circumstance.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:02am On Jan 21, 2020
Lmaooooooo imagine teams with Kirk Cousins and Mitchell Trubisky being touted as favorites to win the division ahead of Aaron Rodgers. And you're even proud to say it in public.

I don't know how accurate that take was because I didn't see any Sports show holding that opinion. The main worry across board was about Lafleur getting along with diva Rodgers. However how this helps your argument sef I am not understanding. The same squad that the Packers GM went to bolster especially on defense adding quality guys like ZaDarius Smith and Adrian Amos. Nothing Sansa no go see for Winterfell
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2020
I love D rose. I can only imagine how epic the bench battles between him and sweet Lou in the playoffs will be. But this will be a huge gamble especially if it means giving up kuzma. Rose is mentally and physically fragile. No need for drastic changes that can tilt the sweet spot the Lakers have found too. Not worth the gamble. I say get Darren collison and call it a day. Now if the Lakers can manipulate the salaries and trade kuzma for RoCo on the other hand, I will do that in a heartbeat.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:41am On Jan 21, 2020
A40:
Lmaooooooo imagine teams with Kirk Cousins and Mitchell Trubisky being touted as favorites to win the division ahead of Aaron Rodgers. And you're even proud to say it in public.

I don't know how accurate that take was because I didn't see any Sports show holding that opinion. The main worry across board was about Lafleur getting along with diva Rodgers. However how this helps your argument sef I am not understanding. The same squad that the Packers GM went to bolster especially on defense adding quality guys like ZaDarius Smith and Adrian Amos. Nothing Sansa no go see for Winterfell

No time for long talks... As e dey hot from reputable sources... NEXT!!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/07/17/nfl-schedule-2019-team-record-predictions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26540530/2019-nfl-schedule-record-predictions-analysis-all-32-teams%3fplatform=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/06/29/predicting-division-winners-for-the-2019-nfl-season/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/2019-nfl-season-predictions/128152/%3fakmobile=y&akdevice=androidphone&sslEnabled=true&amp
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53am On Jan 21, 2020
Roland17:

No time for long talks... As e dey hot from reputable sources... NEXT!!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/07/17/nfl-schedule-2019-team-record-predictions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26540530/2019-nfl-schedule-record-predictions-analysis-all-32-teams%3fplatform=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/06/29/predicting-division-winners-for-the-2019-nfl-season/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/2019-nfl-season-predictions/128152/%3fakmobile=y&akdevice=androidphone&sslEnabled=true&amp

I will admit I didn't envisage drunkards also writing articles for some of these media outlets. I mean the first one had the Ravens finishing 5-11.

As for the rest all I can see is a one game margin between Green Bay and the NFC North teams.

Any which way. I don't see how this helps your argument. Mitchell Trubisky and Kirk Cousins led teams should not be favorites ahead of a squad led by Aaron Rodgers.

Your man bottled it when it mattered most. Will most likely never sniff another SB. No amount of salaye can cover it up

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.