Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618828 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
A40:
Lool Man's snuck in Butler, PG and Cousins like we won't notice.

Being dishonest with the truth. At this rate we'll use half of the league as examples.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
chic2pimp:

I"ll have Butler,PG and Cousins over Davis said no one ever. Hell apart from maybe a couple of seasons, Davis has always been rated over Westbrook too. Heck even Giannis only nudged slightly ahead during His MVP seasons.

The reason why we are not having that discussion with Regards to the duo of Harden and KD is because Harden just recently signed. Once that duo gets sufficient game time, trust me it'll come up.

As I see the list and him 80% I just kukuma slide dey go.. after all na him list.. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
A40:
Lool Man's snuck in Butler, PG and Cousins like we won't notice.

Baba say na top 10, kpata-kpata top 8 grin If we talk now dem go say people dey hate.. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
steady986:

I agree with all your points, but these guys I highlighted have never been better than AD in this league grin
are u sure? Wasn't cousins ahead of Davis while he was in sacramento? Cousins was the best bigman/center before his injury o.
most of us felt he wd have dat position locked down for next several seasons to come
With AD, Towns and Embild competing to displace him

Butler was on everyone's lips during his last season in Chicago and even thereafter.

U guys seem to forget so easily.

Well, Let me don't derail.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
chic2pimp:

I"ll have Butler,PG and Cousins over Davis said no one ever. Hell apart from maybe a couple of seasons,[b]Davis has always been rated over Westbrook[b/] too. Heck even Giannis only nudged slightly ahead during His MVP seasons.

The reason why we are not having that discussion with Regards to the duo of Harden and KD is because Harden just recently signed. Once that duo gets sufficient game time, trust me it'll come up.

not true at all. Westbrook deceived us all at some point.
we all overated him tooo highly at some point.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Roland17:

As I see the list and him 80% I just kukuma slide dey go.. after all na him list.. grin grin

Bruhhh I had to do a double take. Butler? Boogie? On what planet? Not in a million years
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
nairamaniac:

Even when Westbrook had His MVP season, I still saw people rate AD over Him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
nairamaniac:

Omo, Westbrook in his MVP season didn't deceive up to 80% of people in the thread. Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Omo, Westbrook in his MVP season didn't deceive up to 80% of people in the thread. Just saying.

so u never placed Westbrook in TOP-10? OR even ahead of AD?

My most deceptive years of Westbrook wasn't even his mvp season. Those seasons he was sharing Stats with KD while they were in same team.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:46am On Jan 17, 2021
Roland17 where art thou? You boys are currently beasting as I type.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:54am On Jan 17, 2021
It's a one score game now. Roland must be peeing His pants currently grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:54am On Jan 17, 2021
chic2pimp:
Roland17 where art thou? You boys are currently beasting as I type.

Baba no jinx am oh! @A40 dey burn red and black candles on top our matter!!!I dey hold my heart for tongue as I dey watch..
We have dominated the line of scrimmage and ran the ball well and the GOAT had been spectacular. We have always been bad on the 2nd so I am not surprised it’s only a one score game..

How about that Badddddddd Mannnnnn!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:16am On Jan 17, 2021
He’s a BAAAAAADDDDDD MANNN!!!!

Bounce out @A40! Bounce out!!!!!!

You better keep your DISRESPECTFUL comments about the GOAT in check!! I won’t tolerate it today!!! angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:21am On Jan 17, 2021
I am announcing an APB on @A40! Where you @? Come and tell us how and why the GOAT/MVP shredded the NUMBER 1 defense in the NFL..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:33am On Jan 17, 2021
Greenrunsdeep!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:50am On Jan 17, 2021
Roland17:

Baba no jinx am oh! @A40 dey burn red and black candles on top our matter!!!I dey hold my heart for tongue as I dey watch..
We have dominated the line of scrimmage and ran the ball well and the GOAT had been spectacular. We have always been bad on the 2nd so I am not surprised it’s only a one score game..

How about that Badddddddd Mannnnnn!!!

Forget A Rod and Devante for a second, it was your defence that impressed me the most. Continue down this road and it's Ring number 2 for Your lot.

Roland17:
I am announcing an APB on @A40! Where you @? Come and tell us how and why the GOAT/MVP shredded the NUMBER 1 defense in the NFL..

LOOOOOOOOL....If you by chance loose next weekend ehn grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:36am On Jan 17, 2021
The Ravens look out of sorts. Did they practice at all? Bad snaps, false starts, penalties, Tucker missing FG attempts, L. Jackson throwing IT and getting sacked!

Everything that can go wrong, is going wrong with the Ravens.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:42am On Jan 17, 2021
chic2pimp:

Forget A Rod and Devante for a second, it was your defence that impressed me the most. Continue down this road and it's Ring number 2 for Your lot.

LOOOOOOOOL....If you by chance loose next weekend ehn grin

Baba, you are absolutely right. The defense put a lot of pressure on Goff and the passing game of the Rams but again we could not stop the running game as Akers (RB) enjoyed a field day. He rushed for 90 yards, averaging 5 yards/ carry.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:18am On Jan 17, 2021
Roland17:
He’s a BAAAAAADDDDDD MANNN!!!!

Bounce out @A40! Bounce out!!!!!!

You better keep your DISRESPECTFUL comments about the GOAT in check!! I won’t tolerate it today!!! angry angry

Shior. We all know say una don reach una usual bus stop. Aaron Fraudgers 1-3 in NFC title games grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21am On Jan 17, 2021
People were really sipping that Baltimore Ratbird juice just because they squeaked by the Titans and their papier mache defense. Almost every analyst. It was so funny
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:38am On Jan 17, 2021
Is Durant the best scorer in basketball history even above Jordan shocked
This man just came back from an Achilles and is dropping 42 points averaging 30+ on 50/90/40
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:35am On Jan 17, 2021
etidy:
This man just came back from an Achilles and is dropping 42 points averaging 30+ on 50/90/40
Watching that game, I don't even know what to say. Kevin Durant is just built different. How the hell do you stop Kevin Durant? Na this KD Anthony Davis wan guard? I am just happy he is back to almost 98% grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 8:37am On Jan 17, 2021
nairamaniac:

are u sure? Wasn't cousins ahead of Davis while he was in sacramento? Cousins was the best bigman/center before his injury o.
most of us felt he wd have dat position locked down for next several seasons to come
With AD, Towns and Embild competing to displace him

Butler was on everyone's lips during his last season in Chicago and even thereafter.

U guys seem to forget so easily.

Well, Let me don't derail.

Cousins plays less defence than a breath of air.

Davis was always better. Offensively they were possibly same level but the gap in defence was and is too wide.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 8:39am On Jan 17, 2021
chic2pimp:

Even when Westbrook had His MVP season, I still saw people rate AD over Him.

Cos those who know also value defence and rim protection.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:39am On Jan 17, 2021
Lol grin

Greatness

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Watching that game, I don't even know what to say. Kevin Durant is just built different. How the hell do you stop Kevin Durant? Na this KD Anthony Davis wan guard? I am just happy he is back to almost 98% grin

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
Khanben:

For these issues, IMHO the major problem for players is media and fans narrative, because a great player who never wins a ring he is constantly ribbed and ridiculed especially if he remains in the spot light after retirement.
For the owners, they can easily solve most of their issues by making front office decisions based on competence instead of nepotism
. when players keep seeing wrong moves and decisions as the order of the day, they will start worrying about the limited time period they have in building their legacy.
With the current culture most players will not accept wasting their primes on teams that are badly run, it is high time owners recognise that it is no longer the 80's or 90's and get with the program. With the amount of money in the game especially outside the court, players will always be attracted to a team where management has great leadership. at the same time bad management will continue to become more unattractive, the days where owners hire people because they know them and not because of their ability to do the job is simply over and ownership should get with the program.

PS: One aspect of great leadership is to ensure that a superstar is not over indulged even if it leads to a reset, getting it over with is better for the franchise in the long term

@roland17, this is my point brodie.

@khanben, well articulated.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
afrodoc2:

Cousins plays less defence than a breath of air.

Davis was always better. Offensively they were possibly same level but the gap in defence was and is too wide.

This take is debatable.

Cousins was dropping unreal numbers in Sacramento before his injury.

I’m not so sure AD was better than him back then.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
etidy:

He might be.

It’s not even the fact that he’s a good scorer, it’s always the efficiency for me.

I respect efficient players and not just guys jacking up shots.

This was why it never worked in OKC having Westbrook as his decision maker.

The only fear now For the Nets should be Kyrie.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
SmooshCHN:

You don’t stop great players.

You just Hope to contain them. grin

Especially that slim reaper cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
mattfeuter:

He might be.

It’s not even the fact that he’s a good scorer, it’s always the efficiency for me.

I respect efficient players and not just guys jacking up shots.

This was why it never worked in OKC having Westbrook as his decision maker.

The only fear now For the Nets should be Kyrie

I dunno why but I'm kinda having this feeling that the Nets with just Harden and K.D will fare better than when Kyrie is added to the mix.......
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
aliondo:

I dunno why but I'm kinda having this feeling that the Nets with just Harden and K.D will fare better than when Kyrie is added to the mix.......

During the James harden interview in Brooklyn, he said he’s already got security and now what he wants is a ring and he’s willing to sacrifice.

We don’t know what the hell Kyrie wants lol

That’s the problem.

James harden ran the point pretty well and I don’t know how Kyrie would feel about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) ... (2201) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.