Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626117 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1750) (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:55am On Jul 12, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin omo fans can be so fickle, dem do dey call am Devin Bricker....
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:56am On Jul 12, 2021
chic2pimp:
Nahhhh Giannis has earnt my Respect tonight. 40+ games back to back in a NBA Final. Enough said.

2 time MVP for a Reason and one of the best players in the world.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:12am On Jul 12, 2021
Khanben:

The beat down on Giannis I just don't understand, jrue and Middleton took 43 shots combined and both had bad shooting nights but it is still Giannis fault. I tire
I don't listen to anybody still finding reason to blame Giannis. They are not people to be taken seriously
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:17am On Jul 12, 2021
joshboo:

grin grin grin shea i tell you, McGregor is done&that's the plain truth, except them give am bums to fight again... but he's not beating any of those guys in the top 6, or maybe he goes to a lower division. Na mouth him and masvidal get. grin grin grin na this same connor dey make mouth to usman? He's still one of the biggest stars mk him self go dey fight youtubers and all but competitively, he's done.
Lol. No hardcore UFC fan saw McGregor beating Poirier. Only casuals. His ankle and legs saved him from a serious beatdown. Dustin is a dog and McGregor just can't take punishment like Dustin can

If I'm Poirier I would beg for another rematch and make more easy money.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:21am On Jul 12, 2021
Roland17:
Make dem kukuma rename ESPN, Stephen A Smith Network. With the way the guy dey carry ESPN, the guy go get hunchback by the time he is ready to retire.
Have you seen his salary? They are trying to squeeze every dollar

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:34am On Jul 12, 2021
birdman:

beatdown where? Its a 1 game analysis. why it got to be like all or nothing - you either praise a player all day or hate all day. I can be a giannis fan and still say he didnt get his team mates going in game 2. and I feel vindicated because starting game 3, you can see the coaching decisions to draw plays involving middleton. not just throw the ball to him when there is trouble.

But this game 3 is fools gold. every team will have that one game where their shot is falling easy and the opposing team struggles early. Lets see how game 4 will look if Booker is stroking it early
This get your teammates going talk what does it even mean? He deferred to Jrue Holiday and that one shot his team out of the contest the entire first half.

The Bucks didn't even start well and were behind for most parts till Giannis took over around midway through the second quarter so we can argue the move didn't necessarily work

The Bucks have certain strengths and if they play to them they can beat Phoenix. They are a huge team and for some reason had refused to utilize their size. Of course Booker having an off night and Ayton in foul trouble made this game easier than it should have but that's how road games work.

What is clear now is that the Suns don't have an answer for Giannis. They can't do nothing with him. It was the same story as well in the regular season. They have no answer for him like they had no answer for AD. The issue is will Holiday and Middleton show up
Re: The NBA Begins by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Roland17:
Make dem kukuma rename ESPN, Stephen A Smith Network. With the way the guy dey carry ESPN, the guy go get hunchback by the time he is ready to retire.

A40:
Have you seen his salary? They are trying to squeeze every dollar
True that.
As seen online...
Quite frankly, Stephen Smith is being paid.

Smith’s contract is for $12 million per year, according to sources. As The Post previously reported, Smith’s personal salary is $8 million a year — which is correct — but he also has a $4 million-per-year production contract. 

That makes the total compensation of the contract that he signed in late 2019 a five-year, $60 million deal.

The Athletic first reported Smith’s $12 million total compensation number. ESPN declined comment.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 8:33am On Jul 12, 2021
A40:
Lol. No hardcore UFC fan saw McGregor beating Poirier. Only casuals. His ankle and legs saved him from a serious beatdown. Dustin is a dog and McGregor just can't take punishment like Dustin can

If I'm Poirier I would beg for another rematch and make more easy money.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Exactly, He'll make more money and his star continues to rise. Only casuals and deluded Connor fans thought he could win the fight.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:39am On Jul 12, 2021
joshboo:

Troll ke? On the contrary. The leg break even saved him from further brain damage, between Na the check wey dustin give am damage him leg, him falling off on it was just extra and karma. See, real fight fans know a real one and and a hungry one. Connor has made money he dosent need to take further damage like he's taking now, he's one dimensional, no take down defense, no ground game, no wrestling, can't check leg kicks, can't grapple...... see let him ride on his fame&keep making money...

I wanted to see a good fight. The leg break could have happened to anybody. You can't judge how a fight will end from one round only. You should know this if you religiously watch MMA.
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
A40:
This get your teammates going talk what does it even mean? He deferred to Jrue Holiday and that one shot his team out of the contest the entire first half.

The Bucks didn't even start well and were behind for most parts till Giannis took over around midway through the second quarter so we can argue the move didn't necessarily work

The Bucks have certain strengths and if they play to them they can beat Phoenix. They are a huge team and for some reason had refused to utilize their size. Of course Booker having an off night and Ayton in foul trouble made this game easier than it should have but that's how road games work.

What is clear now is that the Suns don't have an answer for Giannis. They can't do nothing with him. It was the same story as well in the regular season. They have no answer for him like they had no answer for AD. The issue is will Holiday and Middleton show up

Crowder will see Giannis in his nightmares.
Giannis abused that man!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
post=103618049:

True that.
As seen online...
Quite frankly, Stephen Smith is being paid.

Smith’s contract is for $12 million per year, according to sources. As The Post previously reported, Smith’s personal salary is $8 million a year — which is correct — but he also has a $4 million-per-year production contract. 

That makes the total compensation of the contract that he signed in late 2019 a five-year, $60 million deal.

The Athletic first reported Smith’s $12 million total compensation number. ESPN declined comment.

Toh. Makes sense. And you now understand why he chooses to be so polarizing. Even the Kwame Brown thing is good business for ESPN
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
joshboo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Exactly, He'll make more money and his star continues to rise. Only casuals and deluded Connor fans thought he could win the fight.
Lol if I'm Dustin I'm hoping to beat Oliveira then call out Conor again for another mega payday. When I saw his weak submission attempt I was just laughing. At this stage of their careers Dustin will beat him any given night.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
RENOWNED2:

Crowder will see Giannis in his nightmares.
Giannis abused that man!
They might have to double him. One man is not guarding Giannis, not on that roster
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2021
steady986:

I wanted to see a good fight. The leg break could have happened to anybody. You can't judge how a fight will end from one round only. You should know this if you religiously watch MMA.

We all wanted to see a good fight. But if you truly follow MMA you'll know there is no way Connor bears Dustin again. See there are some fights you can call even before they enter the octagon, forget the hype on fighters and their skill set etc... Even Dana knows this but Connor is the biggest cash cow of the ufc he'll still get fights not cos of his skill set again but because he'll always sell out once he's on a card.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
A40:
Lol if I'm Dustin I'm hoping to beat Oliveira then call out Conor again for another mega payday. When I saw his weak submission attempt I was just laughing. At this stage of their careers Dustin will beat him any given night.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that's what'll happen eventually.

You see wetin steady986 dey talk grin grin grin grin grin. Connor is not beating anybody in the Top 8. Between you seee the stupid conditions dem be give Dustin for the second fight? Guess you should check that out @steady986. You'll understand things better. Na Exhibition fights go fit Connor now.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2021
A40:
They might have to double him. One man is not guarding Giannis, not on that roster

Yeah, you cant trade Giannis points in the paint with Booker jumpshots. Bucks will have the edge. Someone needs to help Crowder out, forget all the gra gra Crowder is not that good on defense. I will gladly trade Giannis in the paint for jumpshots from middleton or jrue all day if possible. Giannis has upped his mental game though, so he is not going to quit easy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
joshboo:

We all wanted to see a good fight. But if you truly follow MMA you'll know there is no way Connor bears Dustin again. See there are some fights you can call even before they enter the octagon, forget the hype on fighters and their skill set etc... Even Dana knows this but Connor is the biggest cash cow of the ufc he'll still get fights not cos of his skill set again but because he'll always sell out once he's on a card.

Why you dey talk like casual na? cheesy It's not as if Poirier is Israel or Usman or Khabib or one of those unstoppable fighters that you'll say no one is a match for them. This is MMA. That fight was a fight that McGregor could win. There were a lot of fighters and experts who predicted him to win, so I don't know where you're getting this idea from. Baba is just 32, and somehow he can't fight again? If you watched the second fight you'll testify that Poirier was lucky not to have been knocked out earlier. After he overcame that scare he then caught Connor clean. That is MMA for you: clip or get clipped. Even in yesterdays fight Conor had more strikes than Poirier, even though he was pinned to the floor for most of the fight. The strikes were 43-36 in favour of Connor, just that Poirier had a few more significant strikes, but you would expect that because he was on top a lot.

No be say I dey stan anybody or anything. Let's just call it what it is, that leg break deprived us of a good fight.
Re: The NBA Begins by PDPGuy: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
BTW, if you live in the US, today’s Nigeria v Argentina game will be shown on NBA TV

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
PDPGuy:
BTW, if you live in the US, today’s Nigeria v Argentina game will be shown on NBA TV

The game will be on ESPN as well

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2021
birdman:

Yeah, you cant trade Giannis points in the paint with Booker jumpshots. Bucks will have the edge. Someone needs to help Crowder out, forget all the gra gra Crowder is not that good on defense. I will gladly trade Giannis in the paint for jumpshots from middleton or jrue all day if possible. Giannis has upped his mental game though, so he is not going to quit easy

His mental toughness is very underrated IMHO, this dude routinely airballs FT and he still does not shy away from going to the rim and risking been sent back to the free throw line. Simmons showed how scared players can get when they are bad free throw shooters.

PS: Also his knee is not even at 100% and he is doing this, hope it pays off win a win
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
PDPGuy:

Thanks for this info! I don turn on reminder..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
steady986:

The game will be on ESPN as well

Which espn. I no see anything for hia
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
birdman:

Which espn. I no see anything for hia

ESPN Africa programming is different from ESPN USA.. It’s on NBA TV though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
Is the AD vs Giannis debate over?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2021
9ja up by 10
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
Okafor with the spin and baby hook. They look good and are going through their offensive progressions well. That is one thing I have observed about this team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
I really hope they approach the Olympics with this same intensity and discipline.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
Mike Brown is attacking the interior of the Argentines, pretty much a continuation of the strategy employed against USA and its working. This team has size and are physical so it makes sense to attack the rim.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lead is now 14

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
Metu hits a 3
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
64-50, 3rd Q

(1) (2) (3) ... (1750) (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.