Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632222 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:11am On Apr 20, 2022
Booker had a spectacular 1st half but is now out with a hamstring. This may change everything for the Suns if this is serious...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:37am On Apr 20, 2022
I thought the Pelicans found something at the end of the 1st game. So what did they find? 2 actually..

1. They realized hey can compete on both boards for rebounds.

2. They realized, they have to run a very fast offense that does not allow the Suns to set their defense and that worked.

Despite Booker's spectacular 1st half, the Pelicans really stayed with it so I can't really say Booker's absence while important was the reason for the loss. Could they have won the game with Booker? Yes, I think so but I am also not going to discount the fact that the Pels were always around the corner. The Suns will still win this series but they are going to need Booker to stand any chance of returning to the conference finals. They need to end this series very quick so they can have some clarity regarding Booker's status.
Re: The NBA Begins by bashtee09(m): 5:42am On Apr 20, 2022
The pelicans stole a game in Phoenix, Booker with hamstring injury, things are about to get interesting
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:10am On Apr 20, 2022
Roland17:
The Heat are pretty much telling the Hawks, you are going to need someone not named Trae Young to beat us because we will lock Trae and toss the key in the beaches of Miami. This is going to be very long series for the Hawks if the Heat continue to make Trae inconsequential.
Long? Brother he no go long o, He go finish quick quick

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
A40:

The problem was not stacking stars. It was not doing the work to build an identity and thinking the league would just roll over and fold because Lakers, they had this arrogance and assuming energy. You listened to their press conferences from LeNomad to AD to Westbrook. They took the warning signs for granted right from preseason where they lost every single game. That should have rung alarm bells but they stayed snoozing. I said it here that teams seemed to be intentionally raising their game just to humiliate the Lakers. This was kinda what Shaq was talking about. Though in a slightly different context, nobody was scared of this team

I don't know that anyone expected them to fail this badly. It's hard to convince me that you believed a team with AD, Lebron and Westbrook would not finish top 10 in the conference. Not even the most doomday scenario could have seen this happening. Vogel has already proven himself as an elite defensive coach when he had the personnel. The problem is the ingredients Pelinka handed him did not give the man a fighting chance

Lebron was caught up in proving he was still that guy and stopped defending, the man was launching 8 3's a game. Assist numbers dropped and this whole myth of how he makes others better was further rubbished this season. His usual passive aggressive vibe instead of being the bad guy with his chest like Kobe or the GOAT would do caused further issues. You recruited a guy you couldn't tame and get to buy in to what you were trying to achieve. It remains to be seen who gets Westbrook cause I wouldn't give away a tuber of yam for Westbrook

I cant disagree with anything here, except I think Westbrook is worth like 3 tubers of yam. On good days, 10 tubers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
A40:

The problem was not stacking stars. It was not doing the work to build an identity and thinking the league would just roll over and fold because Lakers, they had this arrogance and assuming energy. You listened to their press conferences from LeNomad to AD to Westbrook. They took the warning signs for granted right from preseason where they lost every single game. That should have rung alarm bells but they stayed snoozing. I said it here that teams seemed to be intentionally raising their game just to humiliate the Lakers. This was kinda what Shaq was talking about. Though in a slightly different context, nobody was scared of this team

I don't know that anyone expected them to fail this badly. It's hard to convince me that you believed a team with AD, Lebron and Westbrook would not finish top 10 in the conference. Not even the most doomday scenario could have seen this happening. Vogel has already proven himself as an elite defensive coach when he had the personnel. The problem is the ingredients Pelinka handed him did not give the man a fighting chance

Lebron was caught up in proving he was still that guy and stopped defending, the man was launching 8 3's a game. Assist numbers dropped and this whole myth of how he makes others better was further rubbished this season. His usual passive aggressive vibe instead of being the bad guy with his chest like Kobe or the GOAT would do caused further issues. You recruited a guy you couldn't tame and get to buy in to what you were trying to achieve. It remains to be seen who gets Westbrook cause I wouldn't give away a tuber of yam for Westbrook

Vogel was not faultless. The report is that Vogel's flaws showed up once this team came together. There were reports of him saying A and some people insisting on C.

An early example was, Vogel wanted to implement a policy of whoever rebounds the ball should bring the ball up the floor, but Russ insisted it was his job and would not budge no matter what and eventually had his way.

He could not handle the egos of the multiple galacticos. Cracks developed, feelings festered and he lost the authority and the dressing room not too long after.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
Roland17:
I thought the Pelicans found something at the end of the 1st game. So what did they find? 2 actually..

1. They realized hey can compete on both boards for rebounds.

2. They realized, they have to run a very fast offense that does not allow the Suns to set their defense and that worked.

Despite Booker's spectacular 1st half, the Pelicans really stayed with it so I can't really say Booker's absence while important was the reason for the loss. Could they have won the game with Booker? Yes, I think so but I am also not going to discount the fact that the Pels were always around the corner. The Suns will still win this series but they are going to need Booker to stand any chance of returning to the conference finals. They need to end this series very quick so they can have some clarity regarding Booker's status.
They were down when Book got hurt though.

Make no mistake about it. They need Booker or they are going to lose this series. Mccollum is a proven guy in the playoffs and in the postseason you need at least 1 guy capable of going off. The Pelicans have 2 guys capable of scoring and generating offense by themselves. The problem for the Suns is they will now be over reliant on CP3 and knowing his injury history that is recipe for disaster.

The Suns better pray and hope Booker does not miss more than a game or two otherwise we could be in for an upset
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Mehn, the Nets are really putting up a fight in this quarter. I don't know if they can sustain it but it is working.

KD is still having it rough but he is feeding via free throws.

Whoever can sustain the aggression will win this game.

25-14 Nets
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:48am On Apr 21, 2022
Android22:
Mehn, the Nets are really putting up a fight in this quarter. I don't know if they can sustain it but it is working.

KD is still having it rough but he is feeding via free throws.

Whoever can sustain the aggression will win this game.

25-14 Nets

This series is fire, they are going hard every single possession
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:49am On Apr 21, 2022
The kid from Tennessee with 2 huge 3s and a defensive play at the end of the quarter to cut the deficit to 9 for the Celtics.

33-24 Nets
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:50am On Apr 21, 2022
Khanben:

This series is fire, they are going hard every single possession

Shame we are catching such a match up in the first round. This has a Conf finals feel about it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:52am On Apr 21, 2022
Williams with another big 3. Down to 6 now. Kyrie with slick moves for a layup. KD is resting now. He needs it. He was sweating gallons in the first Q.

35-29 Nets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2022
Claxton blocks Jayson and Seth hits the 3 wet.

40-31 Nets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 1:04am On Apr 21, 2022
Celtics are rallying courtesy of Marcus Smart. 6 quick points all by himself to cut the deficit to 8.

45-37 Nets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:57am On Apr 21, 2022
The refs are tightening the leash
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:11am On Apr 21, 2022
5 points Nets lead as game heads into the 4th Quarter.

Game by no means over. But credit to the Nets for sustaining the defensive pressure all game. I felt they'd have gassed out by now.

90-85 Nets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Boston with a 5 point lead all courtesy Jaylen Brown who has taken it upon himself.

KD looks flustered as nothing is dropping for him.

The version of Kyrie from game 1 has to show up or else the Celtics will seal this one.

5 mins left.

99-94 Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:33am On Apr 21, 2022
DeeMain:

Vogel was not faultless. The report is that Vogel's flaws showed up once this team came together. Their were reports of him saying A and some people insisting on C.

An early example was, Vogel wanted to implement a policy of whoever rebounds the ball should bring the ball up the floor, but Russ insisted it was his job and would not budge no matter what and eventually had his way.

He could not handle the egos of the multiple galacticos. Cracks developed, feelings festered and he lost the authority and the dressing room not too long after.
Of course he was not entirely faultless but this is a veteran veteran team. They should have been able to police themselves

Those players quit on themselves. Remember when Fizdale stepped in, they were still losing

There was a lack of accountability from top to bottom. People were scared to get in each other's face instead passing subliminals to each other via the media

It's tough to do anything with that collection of players
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Boston can end this in 5 if they put their minds to it
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:42am On Apr 21, 2022
Kevin Durant having an absolute disasterclass. Only FTs are saving him
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:43am On Apr 21, 2022
110-100 Celtics lead.

The strategy that had Nets forcing KD to have a big game has backfired.

Celtics will win this game.

1:06 left
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Everything dropping for the Celtics in this one.

BKN need to win 4 of the next 5. I don't think they can sustain this without Simmons and a KD big game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:51am On Apr 21, 2022
BKN 107 CELTS 114.

KD needs to become who he was against the Bucks. Kyrie was passive which makes it clear that Nash wanted KD to have a statement game.

Seth, Brown and Dragic all having solid games but the Celtics are just better in the crunch.

Celtics have their role players to thank and then the big boys came out in the 4th to win this.

Game 3 will now be all to play for.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:02am On Apr 21, 2022
Android22:
Everything dropping for the Celtics in this one.

BKN need to win 4 of the next 5. I don't think they can sustain this without Simmons and a KD big game.
You're really banking on Simmons who has not played any basketball in almost 11 months
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 3:03am On Apr 21, 2022
Demar DeFrozen is horrendous. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2022
A40:
You're really banking on Simmons who has not played any basketball in almost 11 months

The worst mistake the Nets will make is to leave Tatum or Brown 1v1 against Simmons on his return, both of them will cook him.
Nobody returns after not playing for 11months in game shape, so if they are thinking of playing him, it will have to be in the same mode as what Claxton is already doing for them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2022
My heart was in my mouth throughout the game. I swear I could not even type as I watched the game. I knew we would fight back if we could get back to controlling the boards..

We have to steal 1 in Brooklyn..I screamed my lungs outs several times in the 4th.. what a come back..Not the best game for the Js but the others came through and our defense picked up in the 4th.

#GREENRUNSDEEP
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2022
Bulls is suffering from lack of a decent Big Man
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:11am On Apr 21, 2022
Android22:
BKN 107 CELTS 114.

KD needs to become who he was against the Bucks. Kyrie was passive which makes it clear that Nash wanted KD to have a statement game.

Seth, Brown and Dragic all having solid games but the Celtics are just better in the crunch.

Celtics have their role players to thank and then the big boys came out in the 4th to win this.

Game 3 will now be all to play for.

Kyrie is just feeling what it feels like to play a game every 2-3 days, especially during Ramadan. He has never been known for his tremendous stamina anyways, add that to the incredible defensive plays by the Celtics, his performance IMHO was predictable

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:14am On Apr 21, 2022
Roland17:
My heart was in my mouth throughout the game. I swear I could not even type as I watched the game. I knew we would fight back if we could get back to controlling the boards..

We have to steal 1 in Brooklyn..I screamed my lungs outs several times in the 4th.. what a come back..Not the best game for the Js but the others came through and our defense picked up in the 4th.

#GREENRUNSDEEP

Not the best game scoring wise for the Js, but in terms of playmaking and defense they left it out there
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:22am On Apr 21, 2022
Khanben:

Not the best game scoring wise for the Js, but in terms of playmaking and defense they left it out there

Absolutely!

I also think the referees struggled to be balanced in how they called the game. But I kind of understood their position because it is a tough series to call.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 3:24am On Apr 21, 2022
Coby White plays like a saboteur. lipsrsealed angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.