Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628578 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:13am On May 21, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

They don't need to trade anybody. For someone that missed 2 years of action, Klay is doing just fine. He has been decent. He has his moments. He is still dealing with some conditioning and nerves. He tries too much at times. Plus his defence isn't elite anymore. That is to be expected when you have missed 2 years and walked right into the playoffs.
One full season of Regular season football and Klay would be back to the good old Klay.
He doesn't need to do much, just relax and play. He doesn't rely much on athletism either.

You can't ignore the fact that he's already in his 30s ,he will never be the same again. Even curry and draymond has slowed down a bit.
These guys need to take a paycut during the next phase of contract renewal or be traded.
Asat today, it would be an herculean task to keep Looney, Wiggins, and Jordan Poole three key pieces for the future.
And you also have to factor that wiseman is due for a contract extension which isn't cheap for a top two pick. GP 2 also needs to get paid next season grin see wahala
So the warriors definitely has to trade some players or lose them for nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:48am On May 21, 2022
etidy:

You can't ignore the fact that he's already in his 30s ,he will never be the same again. Even curry and draymond has slowed down a bit.
These guys need to take a paycut during the next phase of contract renewal or be traded.
Asat today, it would be an herculean task to keep Looney, Wiggins, and Jordan Poole three key pieces for the future.
And you also have to factor that wiseman is due for a contract extension which isn't cheap for a top two pick. GP 2 also needs to get paid next season grin see wahala
So the warriors definitely has to trade some players or lose them for nothing.

So the players that have brought them thus far should be traded for Wiggins who is basically the fourth option, Looney who is inconsistent and incapable of logging heavr minutes, and Poole who is just showing promise?
Is that your plan.
Were you not the guy that said curry should be traded the other day, why am I even replying you?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:01am On May 21, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

So the players that have brought them thus far should be traded for Wiggins who is basically the fourth option, Looney who is inconsistent and incapable of logging heavr minutes, and Poole who is just showing promise?
Is that your plan.
Were you not the guy that said curry should be traded the other day, why am I even replying you?
Maybe you should read chats and check names when commenting. I have never said curry should be traded, maybe someone else said that.

But as things stand, either klay, draymond, Wiggins and Poole has to be traded.

Poole is just 22yrs, in his third year in the league and rapidly improving. Losing him will be tantamount to okc losing James harden, that will be a big mistake.

Wiggins play a role where very few players in the league can fill, he's also the warriors best perimeter defended, has no ego and has age on his side, so he's probably worth keeping.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2022
Roland17:
Have the san Antonio Spurs missed a chance to replace Popovic by allowing Ime Udoka join my Celtics?

In retrospect, do you think they regret it?
Popovich is like an African dicator at this point
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2022
Missed opportunity by the Mavs mehn. Don't know if they recover. They had to win that after such a start
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2022
Roland17:

The ironic thing is that you guys parade at least 3 guys in Dorian Finney Smith, Bullock and Kleber who have good length, size and wing span that can force the issue inside the paint and draw fouls. This 3 point shooting contest against the Warriors is not going to cut it.
It's part of what I'm talking about. Guys with no ability to put the ball on the floor, cannot slash. Just spammin 3s. Even if you're not a star you mean all you can do is spam 3s.

Unfortunately this is just a matchup nightmare already in the sense that what the Mavs do well the Warriors do even better. Worse still they have guys like Wiggins and Poole who can slash to counter a bad shooting night. Then how do you now explain Kevon Looney scoring 21 points in the paint
Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 1:55pm On May 21, 2022
RIP MAMBA
Just finished watching his last game, mehn what a performance vs the utah jazz....Kobe was on fire in that game mehn
Thats one of the best individual performance i"ve ever seen in any sport..

literally in tears

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:41pm On May 21, 2022
Tinneh:
RIP MAMBA
Just finished watching his last game, mehn what a performance vs the utah jazz....Kobe was on fire in that game mehn
Thats one of the best individual performance i"ve ever seen in any sport..

literally in tears

Didn't he attempt like 50 shots in that game? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:10pm On May 21, 2022
etidy:

Maybe you should read chats and check names when commenting. I have never said curry should be traded, maybe someone else said that.

Poole is just 22yrs, in his third year in the league and rapidly improving. Losing him will be tantamount to okc losing James harden, that will be a big mistake.

Wiggins play a role where very few players in the league can fill, he's also the warriors best perimeter defended, has no ego and has age on his side, so he's probably worth keeping.

Wiggins is overpaid for the role he's playing. The use is on a Max contract and is basically a 3nD guy on the team, so if they are looking to move off someone to reduce their wage bill it will probably be him

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:20pm On May 21, 2022
steady986:

Something his fans will never remember. Don't get me wrong, Kobe is an all time great, in my top 10 all time in fact, but I actually watched the guy and maybe it was because I was more of a fan of the Spurs way of playing basketball, that I am able to put his greatness in perspective.
As an aside, just finished rewatching game 4 of 1999 Spurs vs Lakers playoffs, and I just remembered how ineffective Kobe was in that series. I say this, just because I will always be a believer in giving young guys time to figure it out, all because I have seen other greats also take time before they got to the top of the mountain.

PS: The next season the Shaq & Kobe 3peat domination of the league started.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:24pm On May 21, 2022
etidy:

When Klay gets back to full speed, Wiggins will basically be the warriors version of Dorian Finley Smith with maybe better handles and lesser defensive ability and versatility. DFS is on a 4yrs/55mil contract recently inked while Wiggins is on a max deal. So they can definitely replace what he does at a more cheaper price.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:26pm On May 21, 2022
The Celtics have 6 players who received votes for the nbas all-defense. A testament to how good they are on the defensive side of the ball
Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 11:12pm On May 21, 2022
steady986:

YEAH think it was about 22/50 i guess...at a point all his teamates did was just give him the ball and watch
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:32am On May 22, 2022
Khanben:

When Klay gets back to full speed, Wiggins will basically be the warriors version of Dorian Finley Smith with maybe better handles and lesser defensive ability and versatility. DFS is on a 4yrs/55mil contract recently inked while Wiggins is on a max deal. So they can definitely replace what he does at a more cheaper price.
Klay will be 33 years next early next year, players at this age don't just get back to full speed after 2 major career threatening injuries back to back. The Old klay is gone, although he can still be a meaningful contributor.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:56am On May 22, 2022
etidy:

Klay will be 33 years next early next year, players at this age don't just get back to full speed after 2 major career threatening injuries back to back. The Old klay is gone, although he can still be a meaningful contributor.

The old Klay is the one that scores 30+pts and takes just 7 dribbles, guys like that age very well

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:57am On May 22, 2022
Celtics are getting the breaks beat off of them. What a terrible start
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:02am On May 22, 2022
Bucks really missed PJ Tucker mehn. What was their idea behind letting him walk and replacing him with who? Fvxkin Grayson Allen
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:05am On May 22, 2022
A40:
Bucks really missed PJ Tucker mehn. What was their idea behind letting him walk and replacing him with who? Fvxkin Grayson Allen

Ownership were trying to be cheap, no 2 ways about it
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:06am On May 22, 2022
This thing Marcus Smart is playing I don't know what it is but it's not basketball
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:10am On May 22, 2022
Khanben:

Ownership were trying to be cheap, no 2 ways about it
Classic case of pennywise pound foolish. Cos they signed Grayson for 2 year 20million
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:15am On May 22, 2022
I don't understand why in a 2 on 1, you go for a 3-point shot, argues one, after Herro bricks a 3.

Good point. He certainly forgot the era.

But well Herro is a knockdown 3-point shooter, argues another(maybe Mark Jackson here)

cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:17am On May 22, 2022
This is disgraceful from Boston. I can't even see what they are playing. Just doing cardio on the court. All over the place
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:24am On May 22, 2022
PUT SOME FREAKING EFFORT GUYS!

WHAT THE HELL!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:31am On May 22, 2022
Celtics missing too many free throws. You can't aid home cooking if you can't make free throws
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:32am On May 22, 2022
etidy:

Relax. Poole is getting a 100M 4 year extension on his rookie contract. Looney is getting 6M a year from next season. Klay will come back to close to his best, yes he is going to be 33 but he lost 2 years of basketball which has extended his playing years. The treatments and medicine/diet regime is better these days as you can see players like Lebron and CP3 play comfortably and at the top even at 33. Klay at 33 in basketball mileage will actually be 30. He only needs to play within the team, be patient and allow the game to come to him. Sometimes he forces bad shots and just does not read the game well.

Nobody is trading Curry. He has been inefficient by his unbelievably high standards but even at that his shooting % is still better than Luka's.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:33am On May 22, 2022
All the 3s wey Tatum for make this series he don make am the last game

Adebayo. Barbecue chicken
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:43am On May 22, 2022
A40:
Classic case of pennywise pound foolish. Cos they signed Grayson for 2 year 20million

He just played the last year of his rookie deal at 4mil plus the 2yr/18mil they signed him on is a 3yr/22mil deal, which is nearly the same yearly average as what Tucker signed with the Heat at 2yr/14.4 mil.
But I think the main reason was they did not want to pay the luxury tax this season, which was stupid because of them being defending Champs. The idea that ownership is unwilling to pay the luxury tax for a championship team is just aka-gum and cheap
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:43am On May 22, 2022
Decent run by Boston to close the half. They just gave themselves a puncher's chance
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:45am On May 22, 2022
I swear y’all intentionally do this to me angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:59am On May 22, 2022
Butler out for the second half. Celtics have a huge chance hear
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:01am On May 22, 2022
Butler out. Be like Smart sef don break something. What a series man
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:02am On May 22, 2022
A40:
Butler out. Be like Smart sef don break something. What a series man

Assinn, the level of swings no be small

(1) (2) (3) ... (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: tygar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.