Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630365 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:58am On May 21, 2023
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 5:06am On May 21, 2023
steady986:

And it took LeBron losing in the conference finals at 38 for you to confirm that? Nice smiley
That is for you Lebron Fans. I have never been Team Lebron. I have always been MJ-Iverson-Kobe-Steph-Giannis. The Giannis part is sentimental as per Naija boy. Thank You.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 5:09am On May 21, 2023
KNIGHTBlaed:

Sheybe na only you 1 gree that one, your brothers no go ever agree to that one
I no be Lebron fan O. Thank You.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:22am On May 21, 2023
Saw a video on Twitter how Phoenix Mercury head coach Vanessa Nygaard was angry LA Sparks didn’t sellout the arena for Brittney Griner's first game since returning from prison. Then I looked through the comments and someone posted this link grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9Gz_IMn_k

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:28am On May 21, 2023
larride:

Those fouls were correct calls though. The last one was comical from Jokic, he turned offensive rebound into kungfu practice
Jokic can be a lazy defender no doubt but his first 2 fouls were just nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:39am On May 21, 2023
There are more women than men in America. If they like let them keep shaming men and not follow their sport. You can't propaganda your way into viewership

They will yab men for being obsessed and invested sports fans but wonder why Steph Curry makes $50m while Griner makes $200k. They will soon blatantly start asking NBA players for money (Lisa Leslie has already done this)
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 6:06am On May 21, 2023
And outside of NBA.. Just like that, they robbed Lomachenko sha. Haney is such a dirty fighter, Loma won the fight or at least a draw. Something needs to be done about judges in Boxing, they are killing the sport.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:07am On May 21, 2023
At some point in this game the refs had given the Lakers 27 FTs compared to the Nuggets 10. They had tried to do to them what they had done to the warriors in the SFs. #Shameless

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:10am On May 21, 2023
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:12am On May 21, 2023
Surviving Tony Brothers and Scott Foster. They did try to home cook but e be like say na beans so e no done grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:47am On May 21, 2023
Android17:
At some point in this game the refs had given the Lakers 27 FTs compared to the Nuggets 10. They had tried to do to them what they had done to the warriors in the SFs. #Shameless

The difference between you and the Nuggets is we didn't hear them bitching about the FT disparity. They just went about their business and won their games despite. That's how you know a team that's actually good.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:09am On May 21, 2023
steady986:

The difference between you and the Nuggets is we didn't hear them bitching about the FT disparity. They just went about their business and won their games despite. That's how you know a team that's actually good.

This is something I have always liked Jokic for. They have suffered some very dissapointing seasons. But the dude just comes back the next year playing again. Very interesting to find a player so professional, and still doesnt take the game too personally. Really odd

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:05am On May 21, 2023
steady986:

Good. We are making progress.....
The difference between the Nuggets and the lakers is the bitching part.
We all agree the lakers were fraudulently awarded FTs..

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:18am On May 21, 2023
By the way, the future ain't looking sharp for American Basketball. The top tier players in the near future are all gonna be foreigners....
Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Embiid.
And with the coming of Wembayama....
Wahala dey...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:43am On May 21, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Good. We are making progress.....
The difference between the Nuggets and the lakers is the bitching part.
We all agree the lakers were fraudulently awarded FTs..

Only GS and their fans are saying the Lakers are fraudulently awarded FTs. Denver just sees it as part of the game and forges ahead grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:59am On May 21, 2023
steady986:

Only GS and their fans are saying the Lakers are fraudulently awarded FTs. Denver just sees it as part of the game and forges ahead grin

Because Denver are soooo much better than the Lakers that they can win regardless...... The constant whistle doesn't affect their flow.
That's why Denver is a number 1 seed and you guys are the 7th seed.
But the excessive whistles disrupts the warriors and stops them from finding Rhythm. Considering that the teams are almost on the same level, the FTs gives an unfair advantage to the recipient Team. That's why they are the 6th and 7th seed respectively....
But for FTs, all the games vs the Nuggets, would be blowouts....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Because Denver are soooo much better than the Lakers that they can win regardless...... The constant whistle doesn't affect their flow.
That's why Denver is a number 1 seed and you guys are the 7th seed.
But the excessive whistles disrupts the warriors and stops them from finding Rhythm. Considering that the teams are almost on the same level, the FTs gives an unfair advantage to the recipient Team. That's why they are the 6th and 7th seed respectively....
But for FTs, all the games vs the Nuggets, would be blowouts....

If you don't foul, the refs won't blow. It's as simple as that smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2023
Like most of you rightly guessed, Friday was filled with pain, tears and wailing! I just use Saturday pursue other endeavors to distract myself from the disappointment of Friday.

Right now, I don comot mind from this series. My position about the Meerkat has even intensitied, if anything and I am glad everyone else is catching up.

That Friday loss pain me reach bone, I no go lie. As for today, I don comot mind.
#GREENRUNSDEEP

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:50pm On May 21, 2023
Who's watching this Euroleague final. Crazy game.

Madrid refuse to die everywhere. Goddamn
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2023
Almost like that fight was their rallying cry

They were 6pts down again with barely 2minutes now they're up 1 with 1 second left
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:22pm On May 21, 2023
steady986:

They know how good they are. GSW was never that good this season and we all knew it. Forget that I must ride for my team I was not expecting us to beat the Nuggets or any team from the East if we even made it past the WCF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:48pm On May 21, 2023
steady986:
Saw a video on Twitter how Phoenix Mercury head coach Vanessa Nygaard was angry LA Sparks didn’t sellout the arena for Brittney Griner's first game since returning from prison. Then I looked through the comments and someone posted this link grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9Gz_IMn_k

wnba is a business, no need to guilt women into watching what they dont enjoy watching.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:19am On May 22, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
By the way, the future ain't looking sharp for American Basketball. The top tier players in the near future are all gonna be foreigners....
Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Embiid.
And with the coming of Wembayama....
Wahala dey...

The future is fine, you are talking about a talent pool of 7 billion people against 350 million people. What we are seeing is the actualization of the vision that David Stern had, which started with him sending the 92 dream team to the Olympics. Other usa sports followed also copied it, the best player in baseball is currently Japanese.
David Stern just decided to open up his league to 8 billion people rather than restrict it to 350 million people.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:52am On May 22, 2023
Omo see as them they beat Celtics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:54am On May 22, 2023
Omo. The Celtics are really gonna get swept. Unbelievable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:57am On May 22, 2023
Orange juice style they're beating these niggas to a pulp shocked

Me and Udoka are dancing Etighi with some Akwa Ibom beauties btw grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:02am On May 22, 2023
What's funny here is the Celtics live and die by the 3 and now they've run into a team that can't miss

Basketball is such a funny game cos I saw this Heat team in the regular season and they had one of the worst and agricultural offenses. How they transformed these playoffs is incredible

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:18am On May 22, 2023
I sha know say no be only me go go house cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:26am On May 22, 2023
Might as well pull your starters and start planning for Game 7 Game 4. At least to try and avoid a humiliating sweep
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:29am On May 22, 2023
A40:
What's funny here is the Celtics live and die by the 3 and now they've run into a team that can't miss

Basketball is such a funny game cos I saw this Heat team in the regular season and they had one of the worst and agricultural offenses. How they transformed these playoffs is incredible

They havent played any balanced team yet. They caught the bucks at the right time, Knicks were pretenders, and Celtics have been iffy all season. Any of the top 6 seeds out West would have flogged them.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:30am On May 22, 2023
Roland17:
Like most of you rightly guessed, Friday was filled with pain, tears and wailing! I just use Saturday pursue other endeavors to distract myself from the disappointment of Friday.

Right now, I don comot mind from this series. My position about the Meerkat has even intensitied, if anything and I am glad everyone else is catching up.

That Friday loss pain me reach bone, I no go lie. As for today, I don comot mind.
#GREENRUNSDEEP

Thats all we can do mehn. Na to put mind somewhere else
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:38am On May 22, 2023
birdman:

They havent played any balanced team yet. They caught the bucks at the right time, Knicks were pretenders, and Celtics have been iffy all season. Any of the top 6 seeds out West would have flogged them.
I wouldn't go that far. What I can say I've noticed is the shot making is incredible. Look at Gabe Vincent again today looking like Steph Curry/Jamal Murray. Butler barely broke a sweat

That Game 4 and 5 of the Bucks series was some of the most unreal shotmaking I ever saw. If you're going to beat this Heat team you're going to outshoot them or hope their numbers come down to earth. I thought their shooting was unsustainable in the Bucks series and it did come down to earth vs the Knicks, unfortunately the Knicks were too poor of a shooting team to capitalize. They shot 25%

Now it's back up again and the Celtics have no answer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.