Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,801 members, 7,866,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1664533 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (2261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2023
larride:

The 3rd quarter against 76ers yesterday was a joke.

They made more 3 pointers in that 3rd quarter than 2 pointers.

1/6 for 2 pointers
5/18 for 3 pointers

Something is wrong with that team.

Coaching is our problem, nothing wen anybody go tell me. We are good at the top with Holiday and White, especially defensively. The problem is that the progression of my plays are too predictable with the inglorious amounts of 3 we are spamming.

We stated the season with some balanced offense but after that 40 points blow out of the Pacers, we have reverted to the nonsense.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:33am On Nov 11, 2023
Clippers just throwing their season away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:38am On Nov 11, 2023
Despite the scoreline, I don’t like this offense, it is too predictable.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:44am On Nov 11, 2023
A40:
Clippers just throwing their season away

No way that team is going to work. Just 3 games into Harden playing with that team see how wack they are.

P George is more effective on Podcast than on the court.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 4:22am On Nov 11, 2023
Doncic nightmare
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:46am On Nov 11, 2023
Lakers I thank you o. Adupe grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2023
The emancipation of Cam Reddish. What a performance
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2023
Jordan Poole sha. Big fraud and it's sad to watch.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
birdman:
https://x.com/yungmustard23/status/1723162048618434895

home cooking

That video needs to enshrined in the HOF! That is not just cooking but the facts about Harden. He has blamed everyone else but himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:05am On Nov 12, 2023
I'm not sure this Buck rookie coach knows what he's doing.

Wtf is this rotation? Lillard is not available and Kris Middleton is only seeing 13mins of playing time.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:48am On Nov 12, 2023
I'm convinced these young cats around the league have made a concerted decision to retire these old folks. The kind of teams the likes of the Magic, Pacers and Rockets have already disposed of this season. And we're just 10 games in. Nobody respects teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks and the Suns anymore.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
SmooshCHN:
Jordan Poole sha. Big fraud and it's sad to watch.
I heard his comments a while ago and I kind of see why Draymond would punch him in the mouth. When a player whose game is not even matching with their mouth dey mescayarn come your side it's easy to get physical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
birdman:
https://x.com/yungmustard23/status/1723162048618434895

home cooking
I legit believe if he flops at Clippers it's a wrap. Teams and GMs would collectively just lowball him and play on his ego to get him out the league

I just dey sorry for Ty Lue. Who is he going to tell to come off the bench, surely he must be smart enough to know this current starting 5 has zero chance of working
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
A40:
I legit believe if he flops at Clippers it's a wrap. Teams and GMs would collectively just lowball him and play on his ego to get him out the league

I just dey sorry for Ty Lue. Who is he going to tell to come off the bench, surely he must be smart enough to know this current starting 5 has zero chance of working

Harden and Zubac.

Zubac has to be one of the worst centers in the league presently.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
A40:

Ty Lue already said they are struggling because Harden needs to get in shape. He said that will come with time, but he made sure to put it out there as a signal to Harden - Im not losing my coaching job because of your foolishness. Forget being a classy coach when I know you will turn on me in private. Lue don put am on notice be dat
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
steady986:
I'm convinced these young cats around the league have made a concerted decision to retire these old folks. The kind of teams the likes of the Magic, Pacers and Rockets have already disposed of this season. And we're just 10 games in. Nobody respects teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks and the Suns anymore.

It is long overdue, and I havent been this excited about the skills we are seeing in a long time.

There is a missing generation after Lebron/Wade/Melo that should have retired dem Lebron - convice them to retire by beating them convincingly. Curry and Durant have both made a dent, but for some reason Lebron is still dominating the scene. Even when he doesnt make the playoffs. Look at AD, warming bench while popsy is still dropping 30pts.

I think the missing generation of nba stars just had no shame, generally lazy and immature and no motivation. Other than Curry and a few others. CP3 wey dem draft like 2k2, 2k3? e still dey league dey play game pass some stars. Load management became a thing!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2023
Never fails, this fool always throws an INT whenever the game is on the line. Last throw of the game, I knew he would throw another INT. I swear he is color blind.

CJ Stroud.. any question?!
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2023
Imagine having Kuzma and Poole in the same team.

2 inconsistent blud grin
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
birdman:

It is long overdue, and I havent been this excited about the skills we are seeing in a long time.

There is a missing generation after Lebron/Wade/Melo that should have retired dem Lebron - convice them to retire by beating them convincingly. Curry and Durant have both made a dent, but for some reason Lebron is still dominating the scene. Even when he doesnt make the playoffs. Look at AD, warming bench while popsy is still dropping 30pts.

I think the missing generation of nba stars just had no shame, generally lazy and immature and no motivation. Other than Curry and a few others. CP3 wey dem draft like 2k2, 2k3? e still dey league dey play game pass some stars. Load management became a thing!
You are on point. But how can Lebron be driven away when those who are supposed to be physically stronger than him are going around chasing another man's arse. Case in point, Dwight Howard. Dude has the physique of a god but all that talent gone to waste by him being on the down low.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2023
Westbrook and Harden competing for the best bricklayer in this game. Kawhi has also been disappointing.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 12:31am On Nov 13, 2023
Roland17:
Westbrook and Harden competing for the best bricklayer in this game. Kawhi has also been disappointing.

Norman Powell came to save their asses and yet they still lost.

The Harden last brick against the clock is funny.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:04am On Nov 13, 2023
greypencils:
You are on point. But how can Lebron be driven away when those who are supposed to be physically stronger than him are going around chasing another man's arse. Case in point, Dwight Howard. Dude has the physique of a god but all that talent gone to waste by him being on the down low.

Lol! I dont think he is down low like that, I think he swings both ways,but just doesnt put his business out in the streets. And he is from the A, lots of twisted things going on down this way if you start checking out celebrities out here. That is the reality of living in a hedonistic society. Eventually you have to keep looking for alternatives to satisfy your curiosity,

Back to basketball, he just never had that next level mentality to dominate games. I mean you would look at the stats and he would put up monster numbers, but it didnt translate into a team culture in Orlando, and definitely not in Houston. Kobe saw what he could be, and tried to push him, but that type of motivation really doesnt work on someone who doesnt have that mindset. Sort of like KAT. Make no mistake, Howard is a hall of famer, but like you said, he could have been much more!
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:45am On Nov 13, 2023
birdman:

I'm almost convinced there is something wrong with you Lebron fans.
Curry and durant made a dent but curry has as much rings as Lebron and Durant has two.
Popsy is still dominating but his last ring was the "bubble ring" with AD, hasn't been the best player in the league in years but popsy is still dominating. Got totally outclassed by the best player in the league last year but popsy is still dominating.
If at this point, it's not clear to you guys that Popsy is just counting time and points, until he finally retires, I don't know what to say to you....
Say na, popsy is still dominating...
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:57am On Nov 13, 2023
I'm sure the chicken is finally home to roost for the warriors, and reality is dawning on them. Every other team has atleast, a second volume scorer. Maxey has stepped up for the 76ers after Harden left, Lakers have AD, Clippers have all 4, Boston have Brown and Tatum, Bucks have lillard, phoenix have Durant, Booker and Beal but the Damn warriors refused to sign anyone relying on Klay that no longer guarantees 20 per night. No one outside curry has scored 20 points this season. How do they hope to beat the big boys?
Them just want kill that curry guy...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:05am On Nov 13, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Curry and durant made a dent but curry has as much rings as Lebron and Durant has two.
Popsy is still dominating but his last ring was the "bubble ring" with AD, hasn't been the best player in the league in years but popsy is still dominating. Got totally outclassed by the best player in the league last year but popsy is still dominating.
If at this point, it's not clear to you guys that Popsy is just counting time and points, until he finally retires, I don't know what to say to you....

Thank you for just being almost grin

Who is still talked about the most, up until this year? Lakers got bounced in WCF. One week after Nuggets win, who had the most attention? Year before that, Lakers didnt make the playoffs, but even as the Warriors were on a run to ahistoric ring, guess who was still top mention. I think the reason is, no one has convincingly ended the Lebron era - it is as if, just a few pieces and this guy could be in finals again, just like it was 15 years ago. We havent seen a definitive sendoff, like Jordan to the bad boys.

Just like Kobe managed to retool again and again and won rings even after the dynasty was supposed to have ended. Lebron has done the same, even after the Heat dynasty except with different teams. The only thing that stopped Kobe was the injuries and father time. His mind and was still very sharp. It appears Lebron is going the same route, playing until his own body says no. Could Curry end up like this? Very possibly, he has that same mentality.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:09am On Nov 13, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
I'm sure the chicken is finally home to roost for the warriors, and reality is dawning on them. Every other team has atleast, a second volume scorer. Maxey has stepped up for the 76ers after Harden left, Lakers have AD, Clippers have all 4, Boston have Brown and Tatum, Bucks have lillard, phoenix have Durant, Booker and Beal but the Damn warriors refused to sign anyone relying on Klay that no longer guarantees 20 per night. No one outside curry has scored 20 points this season. How do they hope to beat the big boys?
Them just want kill that curry guy...

It might be time for Warriors front office to stop drinking their own koolaid. There are only 2 pieces that cannot be moved in that org - Curry and Kerr, in order of importance. Everyone else is living off of Curry. That 100mill love contract they gave to Green looks foolish now - the guy is a system player and will absolutely struggle on any other tram

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:24am On Nov 13, 2023
birdman:

Thank you for just being almost grin

Who is still talked about the most, up until this year? Lakers got bounced in WCF. One week after Nuggets win, who had the most attention? Year before that, Lakers didnt make the playoffs, but even as the Warriors were on a run to ahistoric ring, guess who was still top mention. I think the reason is, no one has convincingly ended the Lebron era - it is as if, just a few pieces and this guy could be in finals again, just like it was 15 years ago. We havent seen a definitive sendoff, like Jordan to the bad boys.

Just like Kobe managed to retool again and again and won rings even after the dynasty was supposed to have ended. Lebron has done the same, even after the Heat dynasty except with different teams. The only thing that stopped Kobe was the injuries and father time. His mind and was still very sharp. It appears Lebron is going the same route, playing until his own body says no. Could Curry end up like this? Very possibly, he has that same mentality.

Lol. The talk thing is a media thing nah.
Lebron has the media in a chokehold. Even the Nuggets complained about it last season. They were winning but people were still talking about the Lakers. Na vex make them no allow Lakers win one game. That asides, Lebron is no longer dominant and I do not mean it as a shade. He hasn't been dominant in years bro. No one has him in their top 5, atleast curry still cracks the conversation and won a ring two seasons ago. Lebron is basically retired and is just stuffing his CV with longevity....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. The talk thing is a media thing nah.
Lebron has the media in a chokehold. Even the Nuggets complained about it last season. They were winning but people were still talking about the Lakers. Na vex make them no allow Lakers win one game. That asides, Lebron is no longer dominant and I do not mean it as a shade. He hasn't been dominant in years bro. No one has him in their top 5, atleast curry still cracks the conversation and won a ring two seasons ago. Lebron is basically retired and is just stuffing his CV with longevity....

25/8/5 in regular season games is definitely not stuffing. The guy can legit ball and still dominates games. I think that is why he is till in the news. Even more so than Curry. We expect it from Curry. I didnt see Lebron still playing in 2023 when he joined the Lakers. If anything, I expected he plays the first 7 minutes as a starter, sits and let AD run the show. Lebron shows up. You cant take that away from him. The media chokehold thing is a way to downplay the guy.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2023
Rockets beat the Nuggets. I'm vindicated grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

The old man who is counting time and stats beat your sweetheart Steph in the playoffs last year and went to the conference finals. But yea, he's just counting time. Haters gon hate though grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (2261) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.