Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1660924 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) ... (2257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
larride:

Keeping an eye on him.

Him and SGA combo go too mad.
One of the teams waiting to send Golden State into retirement.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2023
afrodoc2:

That consistency is probably due to the age difference. They both have HOF potential though.
Which is why I was wondering why the entire media was so quick to crown Wemby Rookie of the Year, well unless Chet does not count as a rookie. I'm looking at this San Antonio Spurs team and they will lose minimum of 50-55 games this year.

Defensively disjointed and have a bunch of sankwa players that think they can play.

The Spurs will do well to weed out those that can and can't fit in with Wemby else his game will be stifled as well
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
A40:
He is far more consistent if you ask me. You know he's given you 16 a night no matter what unlike Wemby who's a bit of a yoyo

Yep. This and on Very good efficiency too.. I still think wemby has the higher ceiling and GOAT potentials but Chet should be running away with the ROTY award
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
larride:

Keeping an eye on him.

Him and SGA combo go too mad.

Don't sleep on J dubs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2023
felix00:

Yep. This and on Very good efficiency too.. I still think wemby has the higher ceiling and GOAT potentials but Chet should be running away with the ROTY award
Till he becomes a ball handler or someone that can run an offense at an elite level I don't know he will ever be GOAT category. I always found that take a bit comical and an evidence that we're probably over hyping this kid.

Definitely has a higher ceiling than Chet but we're setting him up for failure if we put GOAT expectations on him. Zion should be a cautionary tale
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 1:07am On Nov 20, 2023
afrodoc2:

That consistency is probably due to the age difference. They both have HOF potential though.

Egbon you sef dey reach this side ni?
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 1:07am On Nov 20, 2023
A40:
One of the teams waiting to send Golden State into retirement.

OKC really has potentials.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 1:09am On Nov 20, 2023
A40:
Which is why I was wondering why the entire media was so quick to crown Wemby Rookie of the Year, well unless Chet does not count as a rookie. I'm looking at this San Antonio Spurs team and they will lose minimum of 50-55 games this year.

Defensively disjointed and have a bunch of sankwa players that think they can play.

The Spurs will do well to weed out those that can and can't fit in with Wemby else his game will be stifled as well

Spurs are the clown of this season. I hear Pop is a good coach but I'm yet to see it. Their defense is shit. They can be leading by 20pts and lose it all in that same quarter.

Their attack is also push n start.

Disjointed play all round with different part of team attempting to out terrible each other.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15am On Nov 20, 2023
That was a wild finish!
#Greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:10am On Nov 20, 2023
LeBron grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2023
cool

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2023
@A40 remember I told you the Nuggets lack of depth will be a big factor? They have been 3/3 since J. Murray went down. They are 24th in bench scoring this season which is troubling.

They lost to a Cavs team without Spyder and C. LeVert. C. Braun is still the only player on the bench they can offer anything.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
The Slimreaper is shooting 53% FG/ 49% from 3..

Filthy!!!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:03am On Nov 21, 2023
JB, come on ma! I am done making excuses for you at this point.

You are a super max player putting up poverty numbers. I kukuma trust Brad Stevens, this is his final season if things don’t change.

I have made way too many excuses for you dawg!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:11am On Nov 21, 2023
Another game where double digit leads evaporate and we are struggling to see off the game! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:42am On Nov 21, 2023
Roland17:
Another game where double digit leads evaporate and we are struggling to see off the game! angry

Then lose in OT. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2023
larride:

Egbon you sef dey reach this side ni?

LOL. Football and basketball are 1A and 1B to me. I have been watching NBA for 3 decades and played competitive basketball up to university level and still play in an amateur league. I have just had to dial down watching the NBA since I moved to Aussie cos of the timing of the games.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2023
A40:

Wemby is foreign and exotic and once a narrative is started it is easier to lazily push it than reassess things.

At this early stage Chet is the better and more impactful player but let’s see how things progress. With Wemby’s potential, if things click for him later in the season things might get interesting.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
afrodoc2:

Wemby is foreign and exotic and once a narrative is started it is easier to lazily push it than reassess things.

At this early stage Chet is the better and more impactful player but let’s see how things progress. With Wemby’s potential, if things click for him later in the season things might get interesting.
It's deeper than that. Your situation also matters. Wemby's situation is not a particularly good one compared to Chet. This Spurs team is not set up to compensate Wemby's weaknesses. So I'm left wondering are the Spurs deliberately throwing these games or has Pop lost it.

Why the hell is a Jeremy Sochan a middling power forward playing PG.

Honestly they do not look like a team trying to win games. Almost like they are tanking for another lottery pick
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
Roland17:
@A40 remember I told you the Nuggets lack of depth will be a big factor? They have been 3/3 since J. Murray went down. They are 24th in bench scoring this season which is troubling.

They lost to a Cavs team without Spyder and C. LeVert. C. Braun is still the only player on the bench they can offer anything.
I think Michael Malone does not trust his bench enough which begs the question why didn't you get guys in the offseason. You have to give your bench a longer leash, if you don't do it now then when? you allowed Jeff Green and Bruce Brown (unavoidable loss I get it) walk

Guys like Watson, Strawther, Nnaji. Give them more time to play and make mistakes.

Any lack of depth they face is self inflicted. They don't have backup for Jokic (2023 DeAndre Jordan doesn't count) and Cleveland with Mobley and Allen did a really good job on Jokic. I've not seen a team slow him down that well in quite sometime
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2023
A40:
There are a lot of stupid GMs in the league so I won't be surprised if the Lakers are going to get a buyer.

AD's skills is never the question it's the mentality. This dude is a mental midget and that's the problem. Man's won that bubble ring and started coasting.

There's no acceptable reason AD should play 35 minutes of basketball and score 9pts in today's league.

Man, you spot on. That ring satisfied him. Hard to feel sorry for my guy Lebron though - we were all jubilating when they got AD. Lebron was thinking dynasty. Oga just wanted LA weather
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
this in season tournament thing. noise for noise sake
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
A40:
It's deeper than that. Your situation also matters. Wemby's situation is not a particularly good one compared to Chet. This Spurs team is not set up to compensate Wemby's weaknesses. So I'm left wondering are the Spurs deliberately throwing these games or has Pop lost it.

Why the hell is a Jeremy Sochan a middling power forward playing PG.

Honestly they do not look like a team trying to win games. Almost like they are tanking for another lottery pick

Yes, i factored in the situation that is why i said Chet is more impactful. Remember when D.Book was scoring 50 -70 points with no impact early on in his career. Chet is in a situation to make a difference and because of that his impact will be more felt.

Concerning Pep, i have suspected he has lost it for a while. Outside leadership and authority it looks like the X and Os of this modern game dey elude am small.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
afrodoc2:

Concerning Pep, i have suspected he has lost it for a while. Outside leadership and authority it looks like the X and Os of this modern game dey elude am small.

He should have retired like 10 years ago. Coaches dont play styles per se anymore - the new coaches are all rounders. Defense, offense, motion basketball, whatever works. They adapt to their players strengths and the faster paced nature of the game. I dont think pops can ever break that mental mold, the basketball of the 2000s is not today's basketball. Its almost a different game, other than putting the ball in the basket. Unfortunately he is the GM as well , so...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2023
afrodoc2:

Yes, i factored in the situation that is why i said Chet is more impactful. Remember when D.Book was scoring 50 -70 points with no impact early on in his career. Chet is in a situation to make a difference and because of that his impact will be more felt.

Wemby is not even a gunner like Booker so it's going to be nigh impossible to get numbers like Book. I think Wemby's best bet is to focus more on the defensive end. Cos the way Spurs play they're filled with bench guys that think they are starters. They have no floor general and do not run any real plays for Wemby.

Pop I don't know maybe all those years of losing and middling has rotted his basketball nous. Since Kawhi left the truth is him pattern don cast.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
birdman:

Man, you spot on. That ring satisfied him. Hard to feel sorry for my guy Lebron though - we were all jubilating when they got AD. Lebron was thinking dynasty. Oga just wanted LA weather
I don't know. Bron's legacy is set I think. We don't even know that he wins a ring with the Lakers if the pandemic didn't happen but I digress

I said it here many moons ago that joining Bron in his prime and accepting to be the #2 guy in mentality and play told me all I needed to know about AD. I'm called a hater cos I say the truth too early. On one hand Lebron can be notorious for hogging all the spotlight but when I see AD scoring 9pts going entire halves scoreless I know it's not even a skill issue anymore because it has never been easier to score in this league
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:24am On Nov 22, 2023
What is going on with the Pistons! 12 game losing streak with that roster? Come one man!! Even if you are tanking for the number 1 overall pick, somehow some respect to the game..

Indiana are such an exciting team to watch. Expect high scoring numbers with little defense when you play them. They are so good in transition and score a ton of buckets

Can we talk about Banchero for a minute? Kid is beginning to understand the strength and advantage in his size. The Magic look impressive and may fight for a play in spot.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2023
I was going to talk about Banchero. You beat me to it. Arguably the most consistent young player in the league. Looking at him and Franz Wagner and I see all star potential

I don't see why they can't compete for a top 6 seed. Not like the East is that deep this year
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:10am On Nov 23, 2023
Perhaps the best quarter I have watched my Celtics play on both ends all season. A healthy balance of open 3, aggressive drives and post ups inside the paint by the Js and Jrue. Excellent perimeter and interior defense. Why can’t we just play like this instead of just jacking up 3s on every play! I love what Jrue is doing for this team, we just need the Js, to do the heavy lifting offensively.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24am On Nov 23, 2023
Lol the Celtics have the Bucks number. They're so much softer and less physical these days. I don't know that they beat the Heat or Celtics at this rate
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:32am On Nov 23, 2023
A40:
Lol the Celtics have the Bucks number. They're so much softer and less physical these days. I don't know that they beat the Heat or Celtics at this rate

A backcourt of Beasley/ Lillard na 3rd mainland bridge on Election Day. Opponents are attacking the top of their key and if they switch both players to the wings, they kick to the wing and drain a less contested 3 or the drive to the bucket continues.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) ... (2257) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: tygar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.