Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635196 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
The Spurs rule!!!!!
gringringringringrin

Lakers drooltonguetonguetonguetongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2013
Hehehe the ESPN wankfest on Lebron is starting to become unbearable! justified but unbearable

The biggest thing about Lebron for me is how multi-dimensional he is becoming! He's become a better shooter! His jump mechanics which used to be an achilles heel is now a strength! He's posting up and capitalizing on his size advantage and his basketball IQ seems to have gone up 20 ticks. Let's see if he can sustain it
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:21am On Feb 14, 2013
A-40:
Hehehe the ESPN wankfest on Lebron is starting to become unbearable! justified but unbearable

Infact i have stopped watching ESPN cos they are becoming very stupid, especially ESPN first take, Analyst in ESPN always comparing LBJ to MJ, what for? where? how? when did he even get close..

I prefer TNT to those wankers in ESPN..its just tooooo annoying..NBA TV does that shit too but not as bad as ESPN..my God!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:23am On Feb 14, 2013
Mynd_44: The Spurs rule!!!!!
gringringringringrin

After how many years who are u?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Roland17:

After how many years who are u?
Been around bro
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:38am On Feb 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Been around bro
no mind me jooooor grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:43am On Feb 14, 2013
Roland17:
no mind me jooooor grin grin
No P.
How market? I see the Celtics are killing you
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:49am On Feb 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
No P.
How market? I see the Celtics are killing you

There is no more space in my heart for heart break, dem don tear the tin finish with Injury cry cry cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:04am On Feb 14, 2013
Roland17:

There is no more space in my heart for heart break, dem don tear the tin finish with Injury cry cry cry cry
Awwwww sorry. It will get better next season
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Mynd_44: The Spurs rule!!!!!
gringringringringrin

In regular season only. we'll see if they can handle OKC this year
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
A-40:

The biggest thing about Lebron for me is how multi-dimensional he is becoming! He's become a better shooter! His jump mechanics which used to be an achilles heel is now a strength! He's posting up and capitalizing on his size advantage and his basketball IQ seems to have gone up 20 ticks. Let's see if he can sustain it

more like Suffocating. but the dude is putting up insane numbers. He's making the game much easier for his team mates. This means they'll win it all,AGAIN in June. Can any team stand up to this Heat? I don't care anybody
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Abeg make una lef ESPN jor...what Lebron is doing is out of this solar system. I really hope he ends up with at least 5 rings by the time he's done with his career so that he can officially be better than one petulent super star dude that plays for LA cheesy

A-40:

Lool that doesn't mean he can't be productive off the bench! You could throw in Kenyon Martin as well
I would take Kenyon martin actually. We need the size and I think his own kolo is at least manageable.

Why not? Is he older than Grant Hill grin The ninjas I mentioned are still relatively young (Arenas,West) you guys just need to hire a clinical psychologist to work with them grin grin
Lol...Grant Hill is one in a milla. The rest of those dudes are not worth the trouble jare...better to bring up some hungry dudes from the d-league than settle for nba rejects imho. We may stumble on the next Jeremy Lin.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Btw, nice win for the Celtics last night vs. the Malus (salute to Bawo here)...I'm so impressed with how the role players have all stepped up their games... Jeff Green... I got my eye on you...the way he drives into the paint aiming to posterize people these days cheesy loving it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
occam:

In regular season only. we'll see if they can handle OKC this year
Well let's wait and see tongue tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
JeSoul: Jeff Green... I got my eye on you...the way he drives into the paint aiming to posterize people these days cheesy loving it.

The dude attacks the Rim with anger and posterizing intentions.. the opposing teams have learnt to give him his way when he attacks the rim that way..Green has huge huge potentials, i hope he achieves..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
Roland17:
Infact i have stopped watching ESPN cos they are becoming very stupid, especially ESPN first take, Analyst in ESPN always comparing LBJ to MJ, what for? where? how? when did he even get close..
I prefer TNT to those wankers in ESPN..its just tooooo annoying..NBA TV does that shit too but not as bad as ESPN..my God!!!!
The mere fact that Lebron left the Cavs to join the Heat means he can't be compared to MJ! If we also consider the fact that he lost 2 Finals (one of them in his prime) is another factor that disqualifies the comparison. Then you have to look at the guys MJ beat to win his rings! Malone,Stockton,Barkley,Kemp,Payton,Shaq,Miller,Ewing,Magic

occam:

more like Suffocating. but the dude is putting up insane numbers. He's making the game much easier for his team mates. This means they'll win it all,AGAIN in June. Can any team stand up to this Heat? I don't care anybody

I agree with the numbers they are insane and he has added more weapons to his Arsenal! I think you just have to double team him and live with the consequences! The problem with dealing with this Heat team is they punish your every mistake on turnovers
I think that Indiana (if they get Granger back and Roy Hibbert brings his A-game) can push Miami all the way
The Knicks too
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33am On Feb 15, 2013
Valentine's day special! Heat vs Thunder Clippers vs Lakers

JeSoul: Abeg make una lef ESPN jor...what Lebron is doing is out of this solar system. I really hope he ends up with at least 5 rings by the time he's done with his career so that he can officially be better than one petulent super star dude that plays for LA cheesy
Hehehe no one is holding him jare! I respect the achievements and his shot selection is top notch.
5 rings for Lebron is not attainable IMO! Shey Durant go siddon dey look am ni?

JeSoul:
I would take Kenyon martin actually. We need the size and I think his own kolo is at least manageable.

Lol...Grant Hill is one in a milla. The rest of those dudes are not worth the trouble jare...better to bring up some hungry dudes from the d-league than settle for nba rejects imho. We may stumble on the next Jeremy Lin.
Haha Kenyon would be a good backup! If he can stay healthy

Dikembe played till almost 40 or 40,Jason Kidd is there so is Nash
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
Well its more or less established that the Heat owns the Thunder

MJ siding with Kobe over Lebron! Interestingly Lebron's response: "I don't play for the approval of other people"

Of course me I'm biased towards Kobe sha! The mere fact that he is still up there with the best after 17 years says a lot! IMO Lebron was rather fortunate to start out in the weaker Eastern Conference
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
Mj and Magic couldn't have said it better, i know it really hurts LBJ even though he's pretending but in his response u can see the disappointment..

You don't come out of high school wanting the 24, claiming to the greatest and blowing the powder before games like the greatest did and expect not to come under the spotlight when u fall short.

LBJ is the best player in the league today but not in same conversation with MJ, however you look at it, talents does not win rings and that is where MJ and Kobe come in...Kobe was lucky to play against MJ and he understands that.

Kobe would be 35 in August but we can see the level of play he brings every night..

Anyhow u look at it 5 beats 1 every time..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Loving the slam dunks grin
Mern Spike Lee should be banned from court side grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kobe blocking and playing LBJ 1 0n 1 @ 34..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
A lot of sick plays last night! CP3 deserved the MVP nod. You can't overlook 15 dimes despite the fact that a lot of guys scored more than him

The Slam Dunk Contest was bleh as usual! Only Kenneth Faried impressed me

3pt contest was a bright spot. Kyrie Irving would defo dominate this league for years to come

2nd half of the season,trade deadline in a few days
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
RIP Dr Jerry Buss. The Lakers owner passed on today at 80! Arguably the greatest owner of all time
Must be a pretty sad day for Lakers fans
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Garnett would rather retire than be traded out of the Celtics, his contract has a no trade clause and it would be a huge betrayal for the Celtics to even think about trading him, the Clippers can shop some where else.

I understand this is De Negro's last year on his coaching contract thus he's getting desperate to win so he can keep his job...

RIP Dr Jerry Buss, i hope your kids do not ruin your investment..can u image Dr buss bought the Lakers for 65 million dollars but i guess u and i know how much they are worth today..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
RIP Jerry Buss.

Btw NBA All Star was awesome! Houston was boom
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
Whoa am I the only one that saw Harden give OKC the business??
Maybe if he played this well in the Finals the Thunder would have traded Ibaka instead of him. Still think it was a good move on both sides you have to wonder if Dwight is eyeing this Rockets team

The Lakers also crushed the Celts between

Trade Deadline day! No major moves yet
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
As if loosing to Hollywood Fc was not enough, the Celtics lost agonizingly to the Lakers, hmmm.. may be we wan respect Jerry Buss..
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
A-40:
Whoa am I the only one that saw Harden give OKC the business??
Maybe if he played this well in the Finals the Thunder would have traded Ibaka instead of him. Still think it was a good move on both sides you have to wonder if Dwight is eyeing this Rockets team

The Lakers also crushed the Celts between

[b]Trade Deadline day! No major moves [/b]yet

"Yawn" It's past 3pm ET and nothing. Zilch! I say one of the worst trade deadline.

Jsmoove still with the Hawks.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
Roland17: As if loosing to Hollywood Fc was not enough, the Celtics lost agonizingly to the Lakers, hmmm.. may be we wan respect Jerry Buss..
When it rains it pours

occam:

"Yawn" It's past 3pm ET and nothing. Zilch! I say one of the worst trade deadline.

Jsmoove still with the Hawks.
Seems Dwight is staying put too. I'm sure he must realize LA is the only team that can pay him the money he wants

As for Jsmoove they should give him a deal within their means if they refuse they should let him walk! No way is he worth the max contract he is pining for!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
Hands down the Spurs are the best team in the NBA, they are coached by the best in the NBA and are very disciplined, i watched them last night and i wish they are going to be on national TV soon.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06am On Feb 23, 2013
I am sad to see Barbosa go, i felt he was beginning to gather momentum before he copped the injury..

But i have been impressed with our latest Acquisitions, Terrence Williams and Jordan Crawford, both are better ball shooters and Crawford gives us more options for three points.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ron Artest 1 point, 2 assists and one rebound in 36 minutes!! Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.