Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,788 members, 7,844,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1649978 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2016
SmooshCHN:
That should've made it longer
did you watch Kobe's purple retirement grin it was brutal. 76ers have suffered grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2016
I cant even sleep right now.. Cavs didnt know that there was just more than klay and curry, its VS a team and not just these two guys, rebounds hlpd cavs, the 4th quat was great too but the ref ended that real quick.. Im so pale right now. sad
what donlittle said was right, I felt like logging out until cavs win, but i wont do that, if we both grind, that shows youre a fan. S/o to livingston. When Klay and Curry for a combine 20 points and still lose. Its so embarrasing
Gsw won game 1 and not the finals tho.. Its not over until it is... Go Cavs Go

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:51am On Jun 03, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
did you watch Kobe's purple retirement grin it was brutal. 76ers have suffered grin
Everything was just hilarious. I almost choked when I got to the part where Larry Nance Junior sat on the floor, and D'angelo Russell sends that appropriate Ravens grin And he's refusing to pass cheesy. The most Savage is "Just get the rebound!!". cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Everything was just hilarious. I almost choked when I got to the part where Larry Nance Junior sat on the floor, and D'angelo Russell sends that appropriate Ravens grin And he's refusing to pass cheesy. The most Savage is "Just get the rebound!!". cheesy
what of Jordan asking kobe if he has a sixth rung. His chuckle was just cold grin... Jordan's diss on draymond green's breaking pipo's balls grin chai! cry grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2016
this game of zone stuff is really good,

concerning yesterday game,I can't make any excuse for the cavs that was a very bad performance and am on record saying am not sure about this tyron lue guy.

all my doubt about this team going into this series don resurface.

and I must say,I know say na only one game but I don't think the cavs-warriors go sweet reach that thunder series.
hopefully necessary adjustment will be made in game 2.i don't even have an idea what could be done to help them.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:17am On Jun 03, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
what of Jordan asking kobe if he has a sixth rung. His chuckle was just cold grin... Jordan's diss on draymond green's breaking pipo's balls grin chai! cry grin
Those people got everything right. I hope they continue and make each episodes longer
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:22am On Jun 03, 2016
SIRcumalot:
this game of zone stuff is really good,

concerning yesterday game,I can't make any excuse for the cavs that was a very bad performance and am on record saying am not sure about this tyron lue guy.

all my doubt about this team going into this series don resurface.

and I must say,I know say na only one game but I don't think the cavs-warriors go sweet reach that thunder series.
hopefully necessary adjustment will be made in game 2.i don't even have an idea what could be done to help them.
grin make sure you stick around to the end oo cheesy you must not be missing at the end of the day tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Lolawilliams ooo oooo, Ewuro4 oooooo, SIRcumalot oooooooo, drinkmorewater oooooooo, derrickfresh oooooooo. What's up! cool am just greeting you guys ni o grin cheesy

I greet you too B! grin

For a minute there, I thought this wasn't a 7 game series...
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
drinkmorewater:

I greet you too B! grin

For a minute there, I thought this wasn't a 7 game series...
like I said, this is just a friendly greeting cheesy Just asking about your well being grin grin cool
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Hahahahaha.. They're sleeping I guess. I hope they sleep well with no nightmares grin grin
Bwahahahaha. What is this?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
A40:

Bwahahahaha. What is this?
game of Zones just check it out on YouTube
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
game of Zones just check it out on YouTube
This is good. Lmaoooooo

The Kobe part is comedic gold
Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Lolawilliams ooo oooo, Ewuro4 oooooo, SIRcumalot oooooooo, drinkmorewater oooooooo, derrickfresh oooooooo. What's up! cool am just greeting you guys ni o grin cheesy
lol mizzzbeee easy jor it's just game 1.... not a CAVS fan tho cool
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
Derrickfresh:
Lol.. If only you knew.. cheesy When one supports his/her team it's great to know the limit of your team's strength and don't just brag they can beat anyone but people like to let their emotions cloud their thinking.. If GSW is playing San Antonio Spurs, I'll hardly bet my money on GSW because I know it can go any way because we both play the same pattern of basketball and they have better pace but I have 100% faith in my team. They didn't want to think of how their team is going to do it. Just giving numbers Cavs in 6, Cavs in 5.. If Cavs no fit do am, dem no go do am. Cos I don't see what Cavs have to do to win. ISO?? Pick and Rolls, Double Teaming? I don't see it. Let Mizzzbeee finish them o, cos when we were trailing 3-1 we Nov hear word.. BTW welcome aboard
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
Derrickfresh:
I don't care if u r a cavs fan ooo. Ehn ehn I asked you, you said you are supporting CaVS to take the chip this finals grin so you would take ever banter thrown your way tongue tongue grin No switching ooo stay der to the end. cool grin

That drinkmorewater must be nervous, knowing he is about to lose his last savings grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lol.. If only you knew.. cheesy When one supports his/her team it's great to know the limit of your team's strength and don't just brag they can beat anyone but people like to let their emotions cloud their thinking.. If GSW is playing San Antonio Spurs, I'll hardly bet my money on GSW because I know it can go any way because we both play the same pattern of basketball and they have better pace but I have 100% faith in my team. They didn't want to think of how their team is going to do it. Just giving numbers Cavs in 6, Cavs in 5.. If Cavs no fit do am, dem no go do am. Cos I don't see what Cavs have to do to win. ISO?? Pick and Rolls, Double Teaming? I don't see it. Let Mizzzbeee finish them o, cos when we were trailing 3-1 we Nov hear word.. BTW welcome aboard
kuku tag my name. remember you won game1 lastyear too... you won game one not finals. i have a feeling cavs are getting this ring. theyre better than what they showed on the court y.day. As a true cavs fan, i can say that there is no way that the Cavs will not bounce back and be better next game. How they played in Game 1 is not their game, except in the 3rd perhaps.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
lolawilliams:

kuku tag my name. remember you won game1 lastyear too... you won game one not finals. i have a feeling cavs are getting this ring. theyre better than what they showed on the court y.day. As a true cavs fan, i can say that there is no way that the Cavs will not bounce back and be better next game. How they played in Game 1 is not their game, except in the 3rd perhaps.
There's no point tagging you or mentioning you since you aren't the only one who picked Cavs in whatever number.. BTW my argument was not about Cavs not being a worthy opponent or why they had a bad day. I'm on the "know what your team can do to win" side.. It's OK as a fan if you don't know how they'll do it and just believe in them hence I didn't tag you or Others who just picked cos it'll make a great story.. The reality is its the finals and a solid 7 game series.. Sympathy, Love and Noble Preference can be one's way of choosing who to win but would never determine the outcome.. And bragging on such basis only wouldn't either..
Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I don't care if u r a cavs fan ooo. Ehn ehn I asked you, you said you are supporting CaVS to take the chip this finals grin so you would take ever banter thrown your way tongue tongue grin No switching ooo stay der to the end. cool grin

That drinkmorewater must be nervous, knowing he is about to lose his last savings grin grin
lol....I just made a prediction Na......
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lol. You keep making this one-sided emotional arguments and that's what he is trying to address. For e.g, GSW too are way better than what they played in game 1 yet they still won.

Secondly, Klay and Steph that on average drop 53+ ppg dropped a meagre 20 while the big 3 of Cavs had a combined 66 points yet your team still lost.

If you want to make the argument that Cavs will play better in game 2 (which nobody is denying), then you would have to make the same argument that Steph and Klay will not combine to give 20 points. And I am sure you can tell what that spells- that the prognosis doesn't work in Cavs favour.

Sure Cavs have been very efficient from the 3pt line all P/Os but they are now playing a team that defends the 3pt line better than them, and shoots from there themselves better than them.

The writings on the wall are clear: if Klay and Steph shoot well in any game, Cavs will lose. If they shoot badly, Cavs might lose.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
Eruditor:

Lol. You keep making this one-sided emotional arguments and that's what he is trying to address. For e.g, GSW too are way better than what they played in game 1 yet they still won.

Secondly, Klay and Steph that on average drop 53+ ppg dropped a meagre 20 while the big 3 of Cavs had a combined 66 points yet your team still lost.

If you want to make the argument that Cavs will play better in game 2 (which nobody is denying), then you would have to make the same argument that Steph and Klay will not combine to give 20 points. And I am sure you can tell what that spells- that the prognosis doesn't work in Cavs favour.

Sure Cavs have been very efficient from the 3pt line all P/Os but they are now playing a team that defends the 3pt line better than them, and shoots from there themselves better than them.

The writings on the wall are clear: if Klay and Steph shoot well in any game, Cavs will lose. If they shoot badly, Cavs might lose.

grin grin

It's a loose Loose situation, guy you brutal grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
Eruditor:

Last night showed we can shut down steph and klay. Now if our bench plays like they have and stop their bench we will be fine. Forget about klay nd curry shooting well or not to determine our success. We expected more frm lebron nd love too, but Cavs will shoot better in game 2. They will get more calls as GS can flop away all they want.. I blamed lue too for yesterday's game too, the moment he LeBron out with 35 secs left in the 3rd and Warriors only up by 3, then he put him back in the 4th quarter already down by 14. lebron needs heavy minutes, everything was good till the start of the 4th qtr, lue left kyrie alone with our bench, Kyrie cant run the offense against gsw with no help, next game i hope lebron starts the the whole quater
But saying klay nd curry's play wld determine our success. No man. The reason we lost game one was damn too clear to all.. Wait until game2

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
SmooshCHN:
There's no point tagging you or mentioning you since you aren't the only one who picked Cavs in whatever number.. BTW my argument was not about Cavs not being a worthy opponent or why they had a bad day. I'm on the "know what your team can do to win" side.. It's OK as a fan if you don't know how they'll do it and just believe in them hence I didn't tag you or Others who just picked cos it'll make a great story.. The reality is its the finals and a solid 7 game series.. Sympathy, Love and Noble Preference can be one's way of choosing who to win but would never determine the outcome.. And bragging on such basis only wouldn't either..
Smhhh.. The Cavs did everything as best they could according to their gameplan. Be physical with Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson? Check!. Attack the basket? Check!. Lock down the three-point line? Check!. Don’t let Curry or Thompson beat you with the three and ignite the crowd?Check!.

Curry and Thompson had just 20 points on 8-27 from the field, including 4-13 from downtown. Golden State had just nine 3pointers in Game 1 when Klay had 11 of
them by himself a few games ago. And yet, the Cavs still lost by a surprising margin of 15points. It wasn’t the defense that necessarily lost them the game, however. Sure they had defensive breakdowns throughout while SLivingston and Barbosa combined to shoot 13-15 from the field, but those two got to their spots on the floor and the Cavs held the Warriors to
104 points.

The Cavs lost this game on the offensive end by scoring just 89 points in a
postseason that has seen them average 106.9 points per game in 15 contests.
Not only did they not shoot well from downtown (7-21,33.3%), but they also had 42 points in the paint...

So In total, the Cavs missed 28 shots in the paint, and making at least half of those could have changed the outcome of the game. Not shooting well from outside or in the paint is one thing, but not shooting well in either area is recipe for disaster...... Cavs also had 15turnovers compared to ninefor Gsw and the Warriors ended up getting25 points off of the 15 cavs turnovers whilethey only got 12 points off turnovers..

One aspect we haven’t even gotten to yet is the ball movement, which we’ll get to in game 2. just wait until game2 bfore you start it all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 04, 2016
lolawilliams:

Smhhh.. The Cavs did everything as best they could according to their gameplan. Be physical with Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson? Check!. Attack the basket? Check!. Lock down the three-point line? Check!. Don’t let Curry or Thompson beat you with the three and ignite the crowd?Check!.

Curry and Thompson had just 20 points on 8-27 from the field, including 4-13 from downtown. Golden State had just nine 3pointers in Game 1 when Klay had 11 of
them by himself a few games ago. And yet, the Cavs still lost by a surprising margin of 15points. It wasn’t the defense that necessarily lost them the game, however. Sure they had defensive breakdowns throughout while SLivingston and Barbosa combined to shoot 13-15 from the field, but those two got to their spots on the floor and the Cavs held the Warriors to
104 points.

Not only did they not shoot well from downtown (7-21,33.3%), but they also had 42 points in the paint...

So In total, the Cavs missed 28 shots in the paint, and making at least half of those could have changed the outcome of the game. Not shooting well from outside or in the paint is one thing, but not shooting well in either area is recipe for disaster...... Cavs also had 15turnovers compared to ninefor Gsw and the Warriors ended up getting25 points off of the 15 cavs turnovers whilethey only got 12 points off turnovers..

One aspect we haven’t even gotten to yet is the ball movement, which we’ll get to in game 2. just wait until game2 bfore you start it all.
Lol but this is is it though.... Not saying you are entirely wrong or right.....
Curry or Klay was constantly on the floor, and your coach is going to have to make a decision, should i play the same defense on curry and Klay while letting the other players cut to the basket?

Remember, a lot of cavs fan wanted OKC because when you double team their superstars, chances of them passing to the open man is very slim. Thats why Cavs fan wanted them for the most part, and their superstars is not as lethal as Warriors Stars.

Btw, curry and Klay missed open shot last night regardless, do you honestly think they will miss those shot the next game?
Shaun livingston is probably a better post player(Around the free throw line, and as we saw yesterday, Kyrie can not touch him, he is giving up almost 5 inches against livingston, Kevin love is too slow on the pick and roll, livingston is going to keep on eating as far as the defense focuses on curry and klay, i honestly think they are out their as decoy, and the other players made them pay).

Truth is for Cleveland to stand a chance lebron needs to play 40-45 minutes a night, he is the only facilitator on the team, and even at that, Golden State is not double teaming him everytime he touches the ball. I think they are ready to let him shoot those mid-range(Which he is not good at) then kick it out for wide open three. Remember, This is not Atlanta Hawks or the pistons, Golden State defends the three point line almost better than anyone in the league, and they also make tons of three. Btw, Did you see lebron passing up in the post when curry was guarding him thrice? Lebron could not shoot over a 6'2 6'3 point guard? I was confused, and i even i myself who is not a fan of his game was yelling at the damn T.V

Anyways, it is the playoffs, Cleveland will adjust their game plan, and i will be suprised if they do not play better than they did yesterday, and i will be more suprised if one of the splash brothers do not go off next game.

Cavs ball movement in this playoffs came from the fact that teams were double teaming lebron, and he was moving the ball around, Golden State is not double teaming him everytime he touches the ball, makes it hard for cavs to move the ball. Btw, Lebron turned the ball over a lot yesterday which came from the fact that he is the only facilitator on that team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:55am On Jun 04, 2016
lolawilliams:

Last night showed we can shut down steph and klay. Now if our bench plays like they have and stop their bench we will be fine. Forget about klay nd curry shooting well or not to determine our success. We expected more frm lebron nd love too, but Cavs will shoot better in game 2. They will get more calls as GS can flop away all they want.. I blamed lue too for yesterday's game too, the moment he LeBron out with 35 secs left in the 3rd and Warriors only up by 3, then he put him back in the 4th quarter already down by 14. lebron needs heavy minutes, everything was good till the start of the 4th qtr, lue left kyrie alone with our bench, Kyrie cant run the offense against gsw with no help, next game i hope lebron starts the the whole quater
But saying klay nd curry's play wld determine our success. No man. The reason we lost game one was damn too clear to all.. Wait until game2

There are certain players you can't shut down. You can only force them to make tougher shots while you live with the consequence.

The consequences of such decision-making may mean they will have mismatches somewhere else that your team will pay for, or that the said players in question will make those tough shots and you'd just have to accept it.

When you say Klay and Steph combined for 4-13 from the 3pt line, you fail to admit that 8 of those 13 had them literally uncontested- which means the ball movement was good enough to see those players get a chance to shoot open 3s (which Lue tried to play against).

If Curry happens to miss those shots, it is not necessarily because of good defence, but because any one can be off rhythm on any day and thereby miss easy shots.

Now I am not trying to take anything away from your Cavs, but again you are making a lopsided argument, by saying Cavs played good D yet failing to give greater credit to GSW that played waaay better D and limited your cavs to just 89 points.

And making the case that you expected more from James and co, is like trying to turn the number 6 upside down in a bid to make it a 9 because it is flat and moot. Lebron and Kyrie atleast met their P/Os average ppg in that game. I don't know how much more they were expected to do, considering they played a team better than Pistons, Hawks and the Raptors.

As for the 3rd Quarter you keep harping on, I am sure you saw Klay and Steph miss easy 2s there. So will you not make the same argument that had those shots dropped, Cavs won't have cut down the lead? Or does it not make sense too, that the 4th Quarter you saw from GSW, was typical GSW?

LOL, the funniest part of everything you said is that you need Lebron to play long minutes. TBH with you, that is exactly what all GSW fans are praying for worldwide. We need him to burn out by game 3, so that the series can end in 5 or even 4, considering how he burnt out last year in the P/Os.

As for Klay and Steph not determining your teams loss or success, I guess we would have to wait for the next game, when they will shoot way better then they did in game 1. But I can already preempt your excuse: you will say GSW were expected to win game 2 because they were home and then you'ld tell us to wait for game 3.

I am waiting.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:16am On Jun 04, 2016
lolawilliams:

104 points.

I'm just wondering how my comment relates to your reply.. Most of it doesn't even speak to you but as usual you always come to the defense of your team.. I'll leave it that way..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:21am On Jun 04, 2016
If we even look at it, as much Cavs looks with the players, they looked Over Matched. When you out in Love and Irving, you're sacrificing Defense for offense. What happens when the offense doesn't go well?? And when you put Delavedova and Shumpert in, you're sacrificing offense for defense in which Livingston and Iguodala will always take care of.. I don't know how Tyron and James will do it but I hope they bring their A game and I believe my Warriors will do the same..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:23am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP TO THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.. WHAT A MAN..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Roland17:
RIP TO THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.. WHAT A MAN..
Man, RIP to him. The greatest to ever do it in his sport in my opinion. Having just lost my pops about 4 weeks ago, i can not imagine what his families are going through right now. Pray they find solace in this difficult time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:50am On Jun 04, 2016
Donlittle:
Man, RIP to him. The greatest to ever do it in his sport in my opinion. Having just lost my pops about 4 weeks ago, i can not imagine what his families are going through right now. Pray they find solace in this difficult time.

O wao, I am very sorry about your loss...On behalf of everyone on this thread please accept our condolences on the loss of your father.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:46am On Jun 04, 2016
Roland17:

O wao, I am very sorry about your loss...On behalf of everyone on this thread please accept our condolences on the loss of your father.
@donlittle,
what he said.
Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 8:02am On Jun 04, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

Don't mind her jo!

After the Game 4 west finals U were very serene & meek grin grin grin

All I know sha is that Cavs will take Game 2 or 3!

Now that's a bet even U can take
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2016
drinkmorewater:

Don't mind her jo!

After the Game 4 west finals U were very serene & meek grin grin grin

All I know sha is that Cavs will take Game 2 or 3!

Now that's a bet even U can take
serene and meek? Where is your proof? I was very vocal when we lost and when we won. angry CAVS won't take a game on Warriors floor angry Warriors in 5

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (2242) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.