Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,435 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1634796 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (2218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
JT Was Possessed by God In That Series.....

His performance was Incredible

LeBron also had no idea how to play the #2 role at that point in his career either..

His knowledge of playing off the ball was extremely poor {atp} of his career.

He's much more improved playing off the ball now.

Mavs Earned it Though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:25am On Apr 16, 2013
My hearts and prayers go to all the fans of our great team the Celtics.

The home game against the Pacers scheduled for Tuesday has been cancelled as a result of Monday twin bombings in the city of Boston.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
Roland17: @ Akpan-40
LOL. Chai! A-forry, na you Roland dey yab like this? lol.

@Jesoul, whats up? its been a while.. hope u are warming up for the post season, not expecting tooo much though.
Whut up my dear Roland-garros smiley. I'm def warming up...though yesterday's events have put a wet blanket on the whole city. Indeed, I was just looking at possibly scoring some playoff tickets but...I think events/places of mass gatherings are off the table for now sad. Though with all the security you have to go through to get into a place like the Garden (or fenway, gillette stadium etc), its probably safe. Its outdoor events that are mostly susceptible to this kind of thing.

Roland17: My hearts and prayers go to all the fans of our great team the Celtics.

The home game against the Pacers scheduled for Tuesday has been cancelled as a result of Monday twin bombings in the city of Boston.
A trivial matter but thankfully its not going to affect any seeding as the east is already fixed. Beantown will rebound, that's what we do!
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
And I haven't had a chance to weigh in on Kobe yet. Was genuinely sad for him. You always hate to see a guy go down due to a devastating injury like that. I want him to have his shot at getting another ring and not injury being the reason he can't. But knowing Kobe, he will be back with a vengeance. And KD, Lebron & co will be waiting...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:40am On Apr 17, 2013
@Jesoul

I am more than glad u, ur family and friends are doing fine, in-fact i kept calling one of my very good friend's number who was vacationing in Boston to see this same Marathon, he did not pick for hours and that really scared me, but i was grateful to God when he returned my call and gave me a detailed personal experience.

Kobe's injury left me speechless, the move looked harmless but its very sad the result of that regular move was devastating, hopefully the Lakers respond.
I would hate to see Kobe bow out of the stage this way, he deserves better..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

LeBron also had no idea how to play the #2 role at that point in his career either..
I always laugh when niggas say dumb $h!t like Lebron can competently guard all five positions! Its an awful lie

Alyricist★Laura:

Mavs Earned it Though.
Lebron has actually always been a good help defender its at one on one defence he struggled tho he has vastly improved on that these days

@Jesoul
Good to know you guys are alright out there! May Oluwa continue to order your steps

No mind Roland e no dey respect him elders

Kobe pushed too hard but I can't blame the ninja! He's old school and that's probably the only way he knows how to operate! I was really disappointed with what Bill Simmons said about giving Kobe amnesty I rated him higher than that
Compare Kobe to say a nigga like Derrick Rose who has been medically cleared to compete for a while now but is too scared to get on the court and then you begin to wonder!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Mavs Earned it Though.
What bout dirk performance? oh he was hot, and that dude called stephenson, boy was shooting from everywhere. I really disliked cuban for killing that team. I dont know why he traded them, he even talked bout it two days ago, now dirk cant go to the playoffs. In other news, yall ready for the playoffs? i am going with the Lob city team, clippers. wink smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:00am On Apr 18, 2013
The Lakers are in! At least they get to get swept by OKC grin grin

Durant 50-40-90

51% FG 41% 3PT and 90% FT truly remarkable! He should get the MVP in my opinion
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:
The Lakers are in! At least they get to get swept by OKC grin grin

Durant 50-40-90

51% FG 41% 3PT and 90% FT truly remarkable! He should get the MVP in my opinion
lakers might do the impossible bro
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2013
Donlittle: lakers might do the impossible bro
Maybe just maybe! They actually finished 7th and have dodged OKC they face San Antone and to be honest I think they have a fighting chance of pulling off an upset

Playoff ties
East
Heat vs Bucks
Knicks vs Celtics
Pacers vs Hawks
Nets vs Bulls

West
Thunder vs Rockets
Spurs vs Lakers
Nuggets vs Warriors
Clippers vs Grizzlies
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:

Maybe just maybe! They actually finished 7th and have dodged OKC they face San Antone and to be honest I think they have a fighting chance of pulling off an upset

Playoff ties
East
Heat vs Bucks
Knicks vs Celtics
Pacers vs Hawks
Nets vs Bulls

West
Thunder vs Rockets
Spurs vs Lakers
Nuggets vs Warriors
Clippers vs Grizzlies

Feeling great this morning. I hoped and prayed for a Spurs vs Lakers match up; and I got it. The series can go either way or Spurs sweeps. very unpredictable and intriguing. I'll go with Lakers in 7. why? A banged up Spurs team is what the Lakers need. As one ESPN commentator said the "Spurs engine is leaking oil" and not sure if Pop can fix things on time.

Plus, ironically Kobe's absence may put less pressure on guys and can play loose. Though it feels unreal without Kobe in the mix of things. Gasol is key in this series. Timmy and Dwight cancel out each other.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
pls,I don't see upset here with Lakers. Kobe is gone and I don't see any magic here again angry

in lighter note, Knicks and Celts would be a great game
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Roland17: @Jesoul

I am more than glad u, ur family and friends are doing fine, in-fact i kept calling one of my very good friend's number who was vacationing in Boston to see this same Marathon, he did not pick for hours and that really scared me, but i was grateful to God when he returned my call and gave me a detailed personal experience.
My brother thank you oh. And thank God your friend is safe...the whole thing just sucks. Can't wait for them to catch the bastards (excuse my french) and have an accident happen to them while in custody angry so many innocent children in the hospital with limbs blown off...sad sad.

Kobe's injury left me speechless, the move looked harmless but its very sad the result of that regular move was devastating, hopefully the Lakers respond.
I would hate to see Kobe bow out of the stage this way, he deserves better..
He definitely does. I'm not a fan of his but I respect his game & all he has achieved as a player. He will be back, we all know Kobe does relent lol.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:
@Jesoul
Good to know you guys are alright out there! May Oluwa continue to order your steps
Thank you oh! and amen! And may God continue to protect you and yours over there.

No mind Roland e no dey respect him elders
Lol. Akpan-40 is catchy...maybe I'll adopt it too cheesy

Kobe pushed too hard but I can't blame the ninja! He's old school and that's probably the only way he knows how to operate! I was really disappointed with what Bill Simmons said about giving Kobe amnesty I rated him higher than that
Compare Kobe to say a nigga like Derrick Rose who has been medically cleared to compete for a while now but is too scared to get on the court and then you begin to wonder!
Abi O! Rose is really a disgrace so far. Common dude! even lil ol' me refused to stay in a walking boot for more than 1 week when I sprained my ankle badly playing footie, back on the floor sharp sharp limping everywhere lol. But seriously, I will predict Rose will never win a ring, he doesn't have the mentality required, unless he changes real quick.

and who are these yeye people saying LA can upset SA...abeg make una park that idea for one side jor. Shey na Earl Clark abi WorldPeace or old man Nash that'll suddenly become beasts? lol.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Meanwhile see what I drove past this morning...wonder who was in it.

Ya'll discuss Mark Cuban's comment that he would draft Brittney Griner into the NBA?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
occam:

Feeling great this morning. I hoped and prayed for a Spurs vs Lakers match up; and I got it. The series can go either way or Spurs sweeps. very unpredictable and intriguing. I'll go with Lakers in 7. why? A banged up Spurs team is what the Lakers need. As one ESPN commentator said the "Spurs engine is leaking oil" and not sure if Pop can fix things on time.

Plus, ironically Kobe's absence may put less pressure on guys and can play loose. Though it feels unreal without Kobe in the mix of things. Gasol is key in this series. Timmy and Dwight cancel out each other.

Its unreal just how much Kobe carried the Lakers this season! He's in the top 4 in total minutes played with Lillard (Blazers) Kevin Durant and Monta Ellis. All 3 guys combined have only spent 15 years in the league two short of Bryant

Spurs can't sweep LA regardless but I think they might be too good for the Lakers! It all boils down to who can stop Tony Parker
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
JeSoul: Meanwhile see what I drove past this morning...wonder who was in it.

Ya'll discuss Mark Cuban's comment that he would draft Brittney Griner into the NBA?
Cuban is a drunkard!! That guy talks a lot of megedefegede for someone so rich

Griner might be 6'8 but she's 208 pounds that's horribly under-sized! Blocking women is not the same as blocking men! Can she block Blake Griffin or Lebron? She might look and dress like a dude but can she compete with em?

JeSoul: Thank you oh! and amen! And may God continue to protect you and yours over there.
Gracias! There's a war going on outside

JeSoul:
Lol. Akpan-40 is catchy...maybe I'll adopt it too cheesy
You guys would get swept by the Knicks oh! Go head try me!

JeSoul:
Abi O! Rose is really a disgrace so far. Common dude! even lil ol' me refused to stay in a walking boot for more than 1 week when I sprained my ankle badly playing footie, back on the floor sharp sharp limping everywhere lol. But seriously, I will predict Rose will never win a ring, he doesn't have the mentality required, unless he changes real quick.
Its mind-boggling! This is a team that really need him and could actually cos an upset with their defence if they get him back! I just don't see the anxiety and ginger in him to play which is rather suprising and in contrast to his kamikaze style on the floor

JeSoul:
and who are these yeye people saying LA can upset SA...abeg make una park that idea for one side jor. Shey na Earl Clark abi WorldPeace or old man Nash that'll suddenly become beasts? lol.
Spurs vs Lakers is always a toss up no matter who plays
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:19am On Apr 19, 2013
Ok guys, enough of the talk, its playoff's time..

Lets read your predictions, here's mine.

Eastern Conference

Heats vs Bucks

Celtics vs Knicks

Pacers vs Hawks

Nets vs Bulls

Western Conference

Spurs vs Lakers

Thunder vs Rockets

Nuggets vs Warriors

Clippers vs Grizzlies

Come on guys, no long talks until after ur predictions
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 4:01am On Apr 19, 2013
Bullshit, Lebron can Guard All 5 Positions...

Lmao@you still on that

He could guard D.Rose and Westbrook..

And He Could Guard D.Howard and Roy H.

The Guy Can Do it All......

The Weekend can't come fast enough
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 19, 2013
A-40:

Playoff ties
East
Heat vs Bucks
Knicks vs Celtics
Pacers vs Hawks
Nets vs Bulls

West
Thunder vs Rockets
Spurs vs Lakers
Nuggets vs Warriors
Clippers vs Grizzlies
I think the celtics are gonna beat the knicks but it is going to be tough, i know doc rivers and green got some to show, and bout the lakers, they will, that i am sure off. Unless parker gets unstoppable then erm, their will be a problem, but who on the lakers team can stop parker tho?
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 6:05am On Apr 19, 2013
Nah, The Celtics Are Going Out This Year Fam.....

Garnett's Legs are Shot.

Granted, Green has noticeably improved his Game, but The Two Veterans are clearly finished as elite top level players

And the Playoff Grand is just too taxing on the legs

I will say this though..

If Melo some how manages to screw things up this year...I can only pray for him and his family for the backlash they will receive by the New York Media and Fans.

He better not screw this one up...Eastern Conference Finals or Else.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Bullshit, Lebron can Guard All 5 Positions...

Lmao@you still on that

He could guard D.Rose and Westbrook..

And He Could Guard D.Howard and Roy H.

The Guy Can Do it All......

The Weekend can't come fast enough
Lebron can't guard Westbrook nigga! Too quick for him! I always tell yall Lebron can only guard people he has a size or height advantage over or perhaps an offensively challenged big man! Lebron can't guard Dwight Howard,can't guard Dirk,Griffin,Z-BO,Duncan,West or any skilled 4 never mind 5
Now you would tell me he guarded Perkins for stretches at the last Finals but I'm sure even you can guard Perkins as offensively challenged as he is! Roy Hibbert is offensively challenged too by the way
Re: The NBA Begins by TableLeg(m): 9:20am On Apr 19, 2013
Donlittle: I think the celtics are gonna beat the knicks but it is going to be tough, i know doc rivers and green got some to show, and bout the lakers, they will, that i am sure off. Unless parker gets unstoppable then erm, their will be a problem, but who on the lakers team can stop parker tho?

Celtic beat the Knicks?

You must be having a monkey .......

The annihilation of the Boston Celtics starts on the 20th April@3pm .... Madison Square Gardens!

Legooooooo NYKnicks!
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2013
[size=14pt]HOW THE HELL IS WESTBROOK TOO QUICK FOR Lebron When Lebron Guarded Rose and Rose is Faster and QUICKER THAN WESTBROOK?!!?!?[/size]

Mwuaahahahahahahahh

Lebron Guarded Blake During the Regular Season on many Possessions, Blake couldn't even move him.

And To Say Lebron can't guard Dirk, when Dirk is just a perimeter player, Yet, Lebron can Guard Kobe...is disrespectful to Lebron, and way to high of Praise for Dirk.

Dirk Torched Bosh In That Nba Finals, not Lebron. LBJ Wasn't used on Dirk because the coach knew Lebron would have gotten any and every ticky tact foul call because at the moment he was The "villain"

Zbo...is 6'8" barefoot.....Come On Fam!!

LmL I Can't Wait Till this Weekend Start

Ahhhhh Yessssssss NBA PLAYOFFS are Here
Re: The NBA Begins by TableLeg(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2013
The top game in the Eastern Conference will be the Knicks Vs Celtics and the Western Conference, Spurs Vs Lakers!!!

The real season starts here!!!! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2013
Hell, Lebron use to shut down Wade when he played for the Cavs against Miami..when wade was in his prime

And Wade in his Prime Is Light Years beyond a Penetrating Piercing Slasher than Westbrook ever dreamed of Being

Kobe Guarded West Brook in one game this year and one game last year and held him to 20% shooting nights{Then Westbrook came back and Torched Him}

But still. Lebron can Easily guard westbrook if kobe can

Lmao A40 Won't give LBJ His Defensive Credit

Lebron is a Chief on that Defensive End....FFS, You really think he can't guard Zbo?!.. grin

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2013
Heat over the Bucks 4-2
Knicks over the Celtics 4-2
Pacers over the Hawks 4-1
Bulls over the Nets 4-3

Thunder over the Rockets 4-1
Lakers over the Spurs 4-2
Nuggets over the Warriors 4-1
Clippers over the Grizzlies 4-3

The Knicks would definitely go past the first round but to beat Miami they would need Amare and Sheed to pose them more problems in the post offensively and defensively
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Heat & Bucks is a Sweep 4-0

Knicks over Celtics 4-3

Pacers over Hawks 4-2

Nets Over Bulls 4-3

Thunder Over Rockets 4-1

Lakers Over Spurs 4-3

Nuggets Over Warriors 4-2 {Exciting Series}

Grizz over Clippers 4-3

Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 9:32am On Apr 19, 2013
I hope the Rockets steal a second game, to make that series interesting

However, Westbrook vs Lin is a Nightmare
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by TableLeg(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2013
A-40:
Heat over the Bucks 4-2
Knicks over the Celtics 4-2
Pacers over the Hawks 4-1
Bulls over the Nets 4-3

Thunder over the Rockets 4-1
Lakers over the Spurs 4-2
Nuggets over the Warriors 4-1
Clippers over the Grizzlies 4-3

The Knicks would definitely go past the first round but to beat Miami they would need Amare and Sheed to pose them more problems in the post offensively and defensively

The sort of momentum and belief oozing out of Woodson's boys, may not even require 'Sheed or Amare but it will be a masisve boost to have both present ....
'Melo need to stay hot throughout...............

Heats Vs Bucks - Heat's Sweep
Knicks Vs Celtic - Nicks 4.2
Pacers Vs Hawks - Pacers 4.1
Nets Vs Bulls - Bulls 4.3
Thunder Vs Rockets - Thunder 4.2
Lakers Vs Spurs - Lakers 4.3
Grizz Vs Clippers - Grizzle 4.2
Nuggets Warriors - Warriors 4.3
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2013
I am Thirsty to see my man Tmac Back in Action.

Always was a Huge Tracy Mcgrady Fan, hope he plays well if he is activated.

It's a Shame they had to send Steven Jackson Home, the guy is a Nutcase, but he guards Durant as well as any Human Can Guard Him

Always Loved S.Jackson Thuggish Traits.

You need guys like that on a Team to Win a Title Imo

Like Deshawn Stevenson During the Mavs Run....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
[size=14pt]HOW THE HELL IS WESTBROOK TOO QUICK FOR Lebron When Lebron Guarded Rose and Rose is Faster and QUICKER THAN WESTBROOK?!!?!?[/size]

Mwuaahahahahahahahh
Derrick Rose faster than Westbrook?? Is this ninja joking!!! Westbrook is stronger and quicker than Lebron! 6-3 with insane upper body strength not a chance in hell that Lebron can guard Westbrook when he couldn't guard Jason Terry

Alyricist★Laura:

And To Say Lebron can't guard Dirk, when Dirk is just a perimeter player, Yet, Lebron can Guard Kobe...is disrespectful to Lebron, and way to high of Praise for Dirk.
Dirk a perimeter player?? Nigga pls! Lebron can guard Kobe because Kobe is 6'6 remember the height advantage I was talking about not that he can do an effective job anyway but to suggest he can guard Dirk is laughable as Dirk would probably shoot over him all night

Alyricist★Laura:

Dirk Torched Bosh In That Nba Finals, not Lebron. LBJ Wasn't used on Dirk because the coach knew Lebron would have gotten any and every ticky tact foul call because at the moment he was The "villain"
Nonsense! Lebron was a villain to the fans not the refs the refs don't give a damn about that
Only one guy can guard Dirk in Heat uniform and sorry his name wasn't Lebron his name is Udonis Haslem

Alyricist★Laura:

Zbo...is 6'8" barefoot.....Come On Fam!!

LmL I Can't Wait Till this Weekend Start

Ahhhhh Yessssssss NBA PLAYOFFS are Here[/i][/color]
Lebron can't cope with the girth bruh! Z-Bo got like 15-20 pounds on him

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (2218) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.