Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1643549 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by madeit2thetop(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
It's game day y'all..

NBA players baby picture
you should be banned for that silly pic of curry really
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2016
Roland17:

YOU ARE SOOOOO DISRESPECTFUL !!!!!! angry angry
d eeal one

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2016
birdman:

google is your friend. his coach claimed he didnt "cut" him, he just put him on the jv team. That is like telling NBA starter to go to NBDL...its not a "cut", just a demotion na grin. Like your teacher telling you to repeat primary 6 while your mates are going to JSS1. Its not a "cut" o, its just that you are 2 years younger than everybody and it is rare for you to make JS1 tongue

Bottomline, it was a diss, and it fueled Jordan. Feel free to google the definitive forbes article on the issue. even in front of the coach, jordan repeated the slight.

Nah it's one of those old skool myth used to hype up and push the Jordan brand. Back in those days, most sophmores did not make the varsity team unless you had an advantage of some sort. Unfortunately a 5feet 11 Jordan at that time had no physical advantage.

I have read articles where Jordan's coach at that time denied it too. Ofcourse Jordan was always going to play up to the media. Any news that will sell more J's is most welcomed tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2016
madeit2thetop:
you should be banned for that silly pic of curry really.
Calm down abeg.. We the known GSWs have been here for long.. Use your humor
Killrhymz:

d eeal one
Roland17:

YOU ARE SOOOOO DISRESPECTFUL !!!!!! angry angry
You all lost your sense of Humor or what? undecided
The Curry's picture is G.O.A.T meaning Greatest Of All Time, a fantasy for Curry lovers.. But yes he's the greatest shooter of all time..
Lolawilliams calm down.. Make we talk true and be fair. Draymond has been top notch in defense "so far" this season.. As for Christmas day, it don't matter if you won by 40.. We swept you guys in the last regular season it's the playoffs that'll really matter. But if you lose on Christmas game we'll go back to our usual usual it's just a regular season gane
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
lolawilliams:

Let them niggas have the grammy we gat the street. I wouldnt mind whooping you by 20+ pts too on christmas day. grin

And if you were beaten in that same xmas day, you would say it's just the regular season..... Playoff ni koko.
Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
Manutd19:

And if you were beaten in that same xmas day, you would say it's just the regular season..... Playoff ni koko.
Lol

If we are a regular season stat whoree. we wont rest love,Bron and Irving for tonight's game. Playoffs is the shii
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:38am On Dec 15, 2016
It is imperative to remind this generation of NBA players and some fans led by Queen James that after 2 years (second time away) of retirement 36-38, Jordan returned to the game aged 39 and joined the Wizards.

The most interesting part of this story is the fact that he played all 82 games for the Wizards in his 2 seasons with the Wizards.

During his first season with the Wizards Jordan averaged 22.9 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 5.2 APG, and 1.4 SPG.

Second season aged 40 he averaged 20.0 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, and 1.5 SPG.

Can anyone imagine if he never took breaks from the game? his numbers would have been mythical.

Today, players take rest from games and tell fans "I HAVE PAYED MY DUES".

Kindly retire and spare your followers the anguish of chasing a ghost who keeps running even after being retired.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 15, 2016
Roland17:
It is imperative to remind this generation of NBA players and some fans led by Queen James that after 2 years (second time away) of retirement 36-38, Jordan returned to the game aged 39 and joined the Wizards.

The most interesting part of this story is the fact that he played all 82 games for the Wizards in his 2 seasons with the Wizards.

During his first season with the Wizards Jordan averaged 22.9 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 5.2 APG, and 1.4 SPG.

Second season aged 40 he averaged 20.0 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, and 1.5 SPG.

Can anyone imagine if he never took breaks from the game? his numbers would have been mythical.

Today, players take rest from games and tell fans "I HAVE PAYED MY DUES".

Kindly retire and spare your followers the anguish of chasing a ghost who keeps running even after being retired.

People don't understand lol....
They just want to talk, they say the dude is close to jordan, Jordan played 15 years, 13 basically, then came back and played 39-40.
Lebron is going on his how many season now? 14? 15? Jordan already had 6 rings. But i am sleep though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:11am On Dec 15, 2016
Who knows of any good app that shows play by play and box scores in a live game?

I've been using ClutchPoints on iOS but that one is always on a data binge. I need something more friendly with the pockets.

Anyone?
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
A40:

What do you mean by being respectful to Wade and Miami? I'm not understanding. Someone that finished 2nd in MVP voting and 'notable analysts' swore he was being denied a 3rd straight MVP on purpose.

Wouldn't Wade have put aside hurt feelings to win another ring? At least it was abundantly clear from the regular season and earlier rounds who the best player was

Yeah, I admit, I was wrong to have said it that way. All I meant was Miami didn't have a clear direction on who was the leader of the team. Who the offence should run thru. My statement was solely by my observations on how equally James and dwane shared the ball. It was just too damn equal and most times in their first season together, their strategy was going one on one against their primary defender one after the other.
For the fact that James was runner up MVP, doesn't dispute that.

Hope u would admit that it kind of changed from the following season till James left for cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
A40:

Abeg I would put Kobe ahead of Shaq. Kareem and Magic played with James Worthy another all time great. When 3 of a starting five are HOFers its usually a lot easier to accomplish things. I want to see how Kareem and Magic function with trolls like Brian Cook, Smush Parker and Jordan Farmar

Lmao. Conveniently forgetting LeBron plays in the weaker conference. Where would Cavs smell playoffs in the West? You think sub .500 teams can make playoffs over there? We are talking of players so mediocre a lot of them spent less than 5 years in the league. Kobe's starting center was Kwame Brown, Kwame goddamn Brown. You are using A.I as example, can you compare the quality of competition in the West. You think LeBron with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker woulda beaten the Suns? Lmao bruh

If it was sure for him why did he run to team up with his all-star, finals Mvp draft mates?

There are many teams LeBron, Shaq, Kareem would not have led to the playoffs and Kobe's Lakers till Gasol came was one of them. Even though Gasol was no Wade and we can't categorically say he is better than Bosh
well, personal opinion to say you would place kobe ahead of Shaq, magic and kareem. For the fact that kobe won 2 championships with mediocre players as compared to the rest that did with Hall of famers doesn't make kobe superior to the others.
You can use 2 years/2 seasons of accomplishments of one player to compare an entire careers of another.
I didn't have just the championships in mind when I compared them.

This East to West competitive disparity is a bit too exaggerated at times.

LeBron knocked out pistons and nets enroute to finals 2007 with a very weak cavs. The nets had vince Carter and Jason kidd still in top-form. Pistons had Hamilton, chauncy billups and rasheed Wallace still playing great.
U making it sound like LeBron, cos he's in the East had an easy ride to the finals.

I version had same challenges leading phily to the finals. The whole world would remember all the 76ers series went to the wire. I think there all went to either game 5's or game 7's.

I don't think any individual player in the history of the game has pushed his team that far to the finals like Iverson did.

I would place the West to be much weaker than the east that particular season, because lakers if I remember well sweet all their opponents to the finals. At worst, they lost one game.

That shade/tease u dropped on LeBron "running to team up with all stars to win", has been taken kind of far.

There's hardly a way I would defend this without we falling back to the stale-issue of durant running from okc to team up with warriors.
We have both traded opinions about that. And we both still stay firmly by them.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
A40:

What did he do to slow down Kawhi Leonard in 2014. I can understand Dirk who had a significant edge in size. Not that Dirk hasn't been efficiently guarded by a smaller guy (Stephen Jackson says hi)

The question is how did a fellow Small Forward under his watch put up one of the most efficient offensive displays in Finals history.

Shey you know Bosh was injured for the 2nd half of that season sha

Year, Bosh was injured half of that season. Injuries or not, himself and wade had deteriorated so badly.

I had to go back memory lane to see if LeBron was really as bad as u insinuated against Kawhi. Yeah James was kawhi's primary marker considering they are both small forwards. But with the way spurs play, anyone would loose his primary marked-opponent more than half the time.

I also had to do a tiny research to compare the scoring stats if both James and leonard thru that series.

GAME 1: james 25points - Kawhi 9points

GAME 2: James 25points - Kawhi 9points

GAME 3: james 22points - Kawhi 29points

GAME 4: james 24 points - Kawhi 20points

GAME 5: james 31 points - kawhi 23points.

All these happened with James attracting more double - teams and tripple-teams than any player on both sides.

As you can see, Kawhi didn't exactly oppress James thru that series as most of you try to paint it. I want to believe because spurs won that series and the championship hence your wrong view of how they fared against themselves.

If by chance Miami had won that series with exactly the same stats head to head between LeBron and Kawhi, I swear with my life, most of you who rate and compare primarily by RINGS wouldn't have sed "how did Kawhi put up such an efficient whatever under jade's watch".
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Decale:
Who knows of any good app that shows play by play and box scores in a live game?

I've been using ClutchPoints on iOS but that one is always on a data binge. I need something more friendly with the pockets.

Anyone?
NBA APP does it for me. If I'm getting u clearly.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
nairamaniac:
NBA APP does it for me. If I'm getting u clearly.

Play by play not only box scores?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
RIP Craig Sager..

You fought a great fight!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
You are praising lebron by saying he beats net and pistons with a weak side eventually losing the finals... Gentleman sweep... but still disrespecting Kobe even though he won two championship with same players twice in a row against an elite Boston team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Craig and his vintage suits. Will be missed. Rest Easy!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
nairamaniac:

Year, Bosh was injured half of that season. Injuries or not, himself and wade had deteriorated so badly.

I had to go back memory lane to see if LeBron was really as bad as u insinuated against Kawhi. Yeah James was kawhi's primary marker considering they are both small forwards. But with the way spurs play, anyone would loose his primary marked-opponent more than half the time.

I also had to do a tiny research to compare the scoring stats if both James and leonard thru that series.

GAME 1: james 25points - Kawhi 9points

GAME 2: James 25points - Kawhi 9points

GAME 3: james 22points - Kawhi 29points

GAME 4: james 24 points - Kawhi 20points

GAME 5: james 31 points - kawhi 23points.

All these happened with James attracting more double - teams and tripple-teams than any player on both sides.

As you can see, Kawhi didn't exactly oppress James thru that series as most of you try to paint it. I want to believe because spurs won that series and the championship hence your wrong view of how they fared against themselves.

If by chance Miami had won that series with exactly the same stats head to head between LeBron and Kawhi, I swear with my life, most of you who rate and compare primarily by RINGS wouldn't have sed "how did Kawhi put up such an efficient whatever under jade's watch".
how many garbage points did lebron put up? You no check am too....

I mean I remember vividly scoring about 10-12 points garbage points in that series every fourth quarter, but okay

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
nairamaniac:
well, personal opinion to say you would place kobe ahead of Shaq, magic and kareem. For the fact that kobe won 2 championships with mediocre players as compared to the rest that did with Hall of famers doesn't make kobe superior to the others.
You can use 2 years/2 seasons of accomplishments of one player to compare an entire careers of another.
I didn't have just the championships in mind when I compared them.

This East to West competitive disparity is a bit too exaggerated at times.

LeBron knocked out pistons and nets enroute to finals 2007 with a very weak cavs. The nets had vince Carter and Jason kidd still in top-form. Pistons had Hamilton, chauncy billups and rasheed Wallace still playing great.
U making it sound like LeBron, cos he's in the East had an easy ride to the finals.

I version had same challenges leading phily to the finals. The whole world would remember all the 76ers series went to the wire. I think there all went to either game 5's or game 7's.

I don't think any individual player in the history of the game has pushed his team that far to the finals like Iverson did.

I would place the West to be much weaker than the east that particular season, because lakers if I remember well sweet all their opponents to the finals. At worst, they lost one game.

That shade/tease u dropped on LeBron "running to team up with all stars to win", has been taken kind of far.

There's hardly a way I would defend this without we falling back to the stale-issue of durant running from okc to team up with warriors.
We have both traded opinions about that. And we both still stay firmly by them.
The question is does lebron team up with all stars to win? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:04am On Dec 16, 2016
Donlittle:
The question is does lebron team up with all stars to win? Yes or No?
The answer is "could those all stars even reach the playoffs without LeBron?"
Cavs, pre-Lebron's comeback, couldn't smell the playoffs.
Same-Miami roster that had gotten to four straight finals(minus-LeBron) couldn't smell the playoffs either.
This current Cavs have lost more than 60% of their matches whereby LeBron was rested(DNP), counting from last season.
They play so poorly and also loose against mediocre teams without LeBron.
Truth is there was no Top-5 playoffs seeded team on both sides of the conference that LeBron would have teamed up with that wouldn't have been tipped to at least get to the finals.
I say this because in more often than not, top-5 seeded teams have at least 2allstars in them.
There's no top-5 seeded team he would team up with that wouldn't at worst become a championship contender.
The game has only seen a handful of players capable of changing a franchise to overnight - title contender.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 16, 2016
nairamaniac:
The answer is "could those all stars even reach the playoffs without LeBron?"
Cavs, pre-Lebron's comeback, couldn't smell the playoffs.
Same-Miami roster that had gotten to four straight finals(minus-LeBron) couldn't smell the playoffs either.
This current Cavs have lost more than 60% of their matches whereby LeBron was rested(DNP), counting from last season.
They play so poorly and also loose against mediocre teams without LeBron.
Truth is there was no Top-5 playoffs seeded team on both sides of the conference that LeBron would have teamed up with that wouldn't have been tipped to at least get to the finals.
I say this because in more often than not, top-5 seeded teams have at least 2allstars in them.
There's no top-5 seeded team he would team up with that wouldn't at worst become a championship contender.
The game has only seen a handful of players capable of changing a franchise to overnight - title contender.
Wade had a ring, bosh was getting to the playoffs in the east, and was a franchise player. But you did not answer my player, does lebron team up with Star players to win a championship? SImple question, you come they give me epistle. Top 5 seed have at least 2 all stars? Somebody must have forgotten Memphis only has gasol, hey bro, Dirk nowitzki beat your boy in 6 games, and he was the only All star on that team.......
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:19am On Dec 16, 2016
Donlittle:
how many garbage points did lebron put up? You no check am too....

I mean I remember vividly scoring about 10-12 points garbage points in that series every fourth quarter, but okay

What do you mean by "Scoring garbage points"? I am not understanding. We both know most of the games in that series were blowouts. Besides game 2 Miami won, they lost the other four games with average of 20points. I can't pin point exact quarters lebron made most of his buckets. But on an individual - level I didn't think he was as bad as u making it seem.
San Antonio didn't even bother much with Bosh and Wade. All eyes, hands and body was on LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 16, 2016
nairamaniac:

What do you mean by "Scoring garbage points"? I am not understanding. We both know most of the games in that series were blowouts. Besides game 2 Miami won, they lost the other four games with average of 20points. I can't pin point exact quarters lebron made most of his buckets. But on an individual - level I didn't think he was as bad as u making it seem.
San Antonio didn't even bother much with Bosh and Wade. All eyes, hands and body was on LeBron.
lol in the fourth quarter, with about 8 minutes to go, lebron had probably about 10 points in each game. Fam, we all watched it, we all saw it, you are making it seem like you don't know what garbage points is.

Yeah the first three quarters, they defended him well, and in the fourth while they were down by 20, they just let him put points up, just because no one care, and while most of the better players for San Antonio were out of the game.

That's why we call it a GENTLEMAN SWEEP.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 16, 2016
The greatest thing lebron has ever done in my book was winning that championship for cleveland, not only winning, but the style and manner in which he did it, coming down from 3 - 1 to give that team a championship. That's greatness, not even going to debate on it.

but the manner in which you lebron fan boy want to disrespect kobe, and even jordan per say is what i am not here for, and will never be here for.
I just elevated him over larry bird self. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 16, 2016
Btw, Garbage points is the points you put up in the fourth quarter while the game is out of reach, @A40 i get am right? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:39am On Dec 16, 2016
Donlittle:
Wade had a ring, bosh was getting to the playoffs in the east, and was a franchise player. But you did not answer my player, does lebron team up with Star players to win a championship? SImple question, you come they give me epistle. Top 5 seed have at least 2 all stars? Somebody must have forgotten Memphis only has gasol, hey bro, Dirk nowitzki beat your boy in 6 games, and he was the only All star on that team.......
Wade last had a ring four whole years before lebron teamed up with him. Don't make it sound like it was just one-season before lebron came in. The very next season LeBron left, they couldn't smell playoffs.
Yeah Memphis had just gasol. but that's why I used the phrase ''more often than not". Meaning on the average, lebron could make any top-5 seeded team become contenders.
Yeah, Dirk whooped Miami. So, what's ur point? Not that we haven't seen finals upsets In the league b4.
Pistons did it to Shaq a d kobe. Dirk did same to kobe's lakers after winning back to back chips.
So what ur point.
U saying it like I was on the roaster when lebron lost dallas.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:43am On Dec 16, 2016
Donlittle:
lol in the fourth quarter, with about 8 minutes to go, lebron had probably about 10 points in each game. Fam, we all watched it, we all saw it, you are making it seem like you don't know what garbage points is.

Yeah the first three quarters, they defended him well, and in the fourth while they were down by 20, they just let him put points up, just because no one care, and while most of the better players for San Antonio were out of the game.

I'm glad you used the word "THEY defended him well". And not "HE defended him well".

The spurs as a team were lite years ahead of Miami, pound for pound.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:46am On Dec 16, 2016
Donlittle:

I'm glad you used the word "THEY defended him well". And not "HE defended him well".

The spurs as a team were lite years ahead of Miami. Would be unfair to hold lebron solely responsible for the outcome.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 16, 2016
nairamaniac:
Wade last had a ring four whole years before lebron teamed up with him. Don't make it sound like it was just one-season before lebron came in. The very next season LeBron left, they couldn't smell playoffs.
Yeah Memphis had just gasol. but that's why I used the phrase ''more often than not". Meaning on the average, lebron could make any top-5 seeded team become contenders.
Yeah, Dirk whooped Miami. So, what's ur point? Not that we haven't seen finals upsets In the league b4.
Pistons did it to Shaq a d kobe. Dirk did same to kobe's lakers after winning back to back chips.
So what ur point.
U saying it like I was on the roaster when lebron lost dallas.
This was your question
"The answer is "could those all stars even reach the playoffs without LeBron?"

and i just let you know..... with my reply.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 16, 2016
nairamaniac:

The spurs as a team were lite years ahead of Miami, pound for pound.
The primary defender on lebron was Kawhi. 80% of the time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 16, 2016
nairamaniac:

The spurs as a team were lite years ahead of Miami. Would be unfair to hold lebron solely responsible for the outcome.
lite years? bruh them spurs players were almost 40.

Hail lebron when he wins, pass blame to players around him when he losses.
Sebi na him be kingin?
na wa for you self

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (2233) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.