Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,556 members, 7,865,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1663822 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:13am On Mar 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

cavs already beat them once this season.
as for their weakness,easier said that done all of them can shoot threes can't guard them all.
also cavs don't iso that much you make it seem that is their staple offense.

Yea, when Cavs were balling. They have iso-ed alot in this game that's what I noticed. One would think it is keeping them ahead in this game but it is the 7-11 they shot from the 3 that helped them 2nd quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:27am On Mar 13, 2017
Eruditor:

Yea, when Cavs were balling. They have iso-ed alot in this game that's what I noticed. One would think it is keeping them ahead in this game but it is the 7-11 they shot from the 3 that helped them 2nd quarter.
cavs have shooters too but you can't get into a shooting contest with the rockets
i would guard the three and live with some shots,if you guard that three line too much they would get even more layups via back cuts.
you've got to let kyrie and bron occasionally,do their thing.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:33am On Mar 13, 2017
Eruditor:

See the type of fouls Harden dey get?
I swear I'm shook. If you point this out to people they'll say it's excuse, you're exaggerating without even watching what kind of abuse Curry goes through.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:33am On Mar 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

cavs have shooters too but you can't get into a shooting contest with the rockets
i would guard the three and live with some shots,if you guard that three line too much they would get even more layups via back cuts.
you've got to let kyrie and bron occasionally,do their thing.

I agree. Just noted it in the first quarter when it wasn't really working but RJ turned to last season's Curry and hit 6 3s and the narrative changed.

Lebron is getting carried away and relying on his 3point shot. He should keep getting to the paint and put Capela in foul trouble. I guess his bad FT % is playing in his mind.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:35am On Mar 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I swear I'm shook. If you point this out to people they'll say it's excuse, you're exaggerating without even watching what kind of abuse Curry goes through.

The people who argue about Harden's MVP candidacy do so identifying his ploy to aim for the FT over and above anything and they are right. Dude had 8 in the first half alone but can't blame him as he knows how to draw those.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:46am On Mar 13, 2017
Harden played good defence on Kyrie and Houston's rebounding is scary with Capela and Nene.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:47am On Mar 13, 2017
Nene is just molesting the cavs on the boards.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:55am On Mar 13, 2017
Defensive stops!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:26am On Mar 13, 2017
that beverly three was the last one for me
fine win for the rockets,they played a great game.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2017
Let's just pretend we don't know Washington Wizards are second on the ECF table.
Re: The NBA Begins by allenmeist: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
Manutd19:

You think Celtic and the Wizard has a chance against the Cavs in the playoff? I say they have zero chance. This comes up every season especially when the Cavs ain't playing well and people always forget playoff Cavs is much more different from regular season Cavs. I ain't worry, they will be in the finals. Same thing can't be said of the warriors as have not seen them experienced this in the past 2 season and they have Spurs, Rockets etc to worry about in the west.

Last time I checked this is their 3rd year with lebron...so sup with the "This comes up every season..."
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
fantasy playoffs is here yall tongue. dont nobody give excuse of I didnt know...check yourtteams, hide your wives, hide your kids!! Oh, and playoffs for Skywalker has been postponed till further notice grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:20am On Mar 14, 2017
birdman:
fantasy playoffs is here yall tongue. dont nobody give excuse of I didnt know...check yourtteams, hide your wives, hide your kids!! Oh, and playoffs for Skywalker has been postponed till further notice grin
Says the man who beat someone 8-1.. No be your fault. Make Skywalker do sharp sharp commot you for first round.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:32am On Mar 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Says the man who beat someone 8-1.. No be your fault. Make Skywalker do sharp sharp commot you for first round.

ima let lolawilliams answer you
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:55am On Mar 14, 2017
No disrespect to the Cavs but, it is still the western teams that worry me. SAS are playing solid with great ball movement and tight defending. You can tell they are moving the ball so as to create clean looks for the shooter. They play close to zero Iso so they are harder to predict. I know we say this often here but I don't think the East will beat the team that comes out of the west this year. That is how clear it looks at this moment.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairascores: 2:58am On Mar 14, 2017
Toronto Raptors beat Dallas Mavericks 100-78, great performance, great defence from them tonight. The Raptors needed this win badly https://nairascores.com/
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:39am On Mar 15, 2017
Eruditor:
No disrespect to the Cavs but, it is still the western teams that worry me. SAS are playing solid with great ball movement and tight defending. You can tell they are moving the ball so as to create clean looks for the shooter. They play close to zero Iso so they are harder to predict. I know we say this often here but I don't think the East will beat the team that comes out of the west this year. That is how clear it looks at this moment.

I agree with you. I think if the Rockets come out of the west, no eastern team has the manpower to play the way they play, or slow them down. Spurs are a dark horse to me...Kawhi is an unselfish superstar, and I expect Popovich and that coaching staff to be ready to spring some surprises. I see how they are resting parker and lamarcus in the name of "injuries"..stiff back today, tingling leg tomorrow grin. Obviously trying to prep for playoffs on the DL. Warriors are deadly too, but they are a known quantity, and starting 5 chemistry is not close to 100%. Plus their bench is nowhere near as good as last year imo, and the cavs bench has gotten much better.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:24am On Mar 15, 2017
birdman:

I agree with you. I think if the Rockets come out of the west, no eastern team has the manpower to play the way they play, or slow them down. Spurs are a dark horse to me...Kawhi is an unselfish superstar, and I expect Popovich and that coaching staff to be ready to spring some surprises. I see how they are resting parker and lamarcus in the name of "injuries"..stiff back today, tingling leg tomorrow grin. Obviously trying to prep for playoffs on the DL. Warriors are deadly too, but they are a known quantity, and starting 5 chemistry is not close to 100%. Plus their bench is nowhere near as good as last year imo, and the cavs bench has gotten much better.

Not just in your opinion - it is in everyone's opinion including mine. If Curry & Klay don't go back to making atleast 50% of their 3 point shots we may lose 4-3 in the WCSF let alone WCFs. Other than that, our only hope is for KD to come back to give us the 27 points that have been missing from our recent average of 103ppg.

Cavs bench appears better on paper but their game against Houston was one particular game I watched critically and I still saw the same game play that made them 3-1 down against GSW in the playoffs. People forget that LeBron literally had to play like god for his team to come back in that series coupled with the suspensions and injuries. Ofcourse, this is not a post that is taking anything away from their ring but I am just saying all that 3 point shooting and ISO ball is not their true identity or rather not the system that will make them win another ring (maybe the East but not the NBA finals). They are a grind team. Finesse won't work. If they dare play this game where Lebron takes 11 3s and Kyrie 10 against any team in the west including GSW (Without KD). They will lose. Bench or not.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Eruditor:

Not just in your opinion - it is in everyone's opinion including mine. If Curry & Klay don't go back to making atleast 50% of their 3 point shots we may lose 4-3 in the WCSF let alone WCFs. Other than that, our only hope is for KD to come back to give us the 27 points that have been missing from our recent average of 103ppg.

Cavs bench appears better on paper but their game against Houston was one particular game I watched critically and I still saw the same game play that made them 3-1 down against GSW in the playoffs. People forget that LeBron literally had to play like god for his team to come back in that series coupled with the suspensions and injuries. Ofcourse, this is not a post that is taking anything away from their ring but I am just saying all that 3 point shooting and ISO ball is not their true identity or rather not the system that will make them win another ring (maybe the East but not the NBA finals). They are a grind team. Finesse won't work. If they dare play this game where Lebron takes 11 3s and Kyrie 10 against any team in the west including GSW (Without KD). They will lose. Bench or not.
Let me just ask.
Don't you think as you guys are now missing the 27 points KD averages the cavs have Also been missing the 20 point and whatever love averages on rebounds ?
The bench is better and that one game against Houston isn't enough to write them off.
The only team that should scare Any Cavs fan in the west is the warriors with KD Any other team,cavs should be happy to take including the warriors without Durant.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:00am On Mar 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Let me just ask.
Don't you think as you guys are now missing the 27 points KD averages the cavs have Also been missing the 20 point and whatever love averages on rebounds ?
The bench is better and that one game against Houston isn't enough to write them off.
The only team that should scare Any Cavs fan in the west is the warriors with KD Any other team,cavs should be happy to take including the warriors without Durant.

Gee, the problem is Cavs did win a ton of games after Love's injury so bringing it up again is a hard sell. It is not offensively that they are not clicking - it is on the defensive end where opposition PGs waltz right through to make buckets. Houston game was 1 of 4 losses in that stretch of 5 games but was significant because it exposed the kind of offense Cavs will play against comparative big teams.

I agreed the bench is better; but that's on Paper. I am yet to see how this bench will prevent opposition benches from scoring not necessarily about if they themselves will score any. A Cavs team with LeBron always has something to be optimistic about but not when they are going to be chasing the ball against ball-moving and good 3-pt shooting teams like Spurs, GSW and Houston who play better defense than the Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:35am On Mar 15, 2017
Curry still shooting bricks from 3.

Puzzling.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:06am On Mar 15, 2017
Fire on the mountain.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:19am On Mar 15, 2017
i wasnt planning to watch this game grin grin
make we see how far the minutes left in the 2nd half
can the sixers do it ?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:22am On Mar 15, 2017
Eruditor:
Fire on the mountain.
SIRcumalot:
Horrible to watch.. Sheer laziness from everybody. Kerr, Curry Green and Iggy need to keep losing till their tired and get fired up from within. 2nd seed will be far if we continue like this
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 5:28am On Mar 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:
make we see how far the minutes left in the 2nd half
can the sixers do it ?

Yes, We can! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:30am On Mar 15, 2017
Muna15:

Yes, We can! grin
no laugh o
this warriors dey crase o.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:38am On Mar 15, 2017
They better keep fighting.. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:42am On Mar 15, 2017
i tell you Muna15
they are down by 1 at the moment now but them go beat this sixers make them go wash okafor head.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:43am On Mar 15, 2017
The fúck were you saying Muna??
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:43am On Mar 15, 2017
Eruditor:
Fire on the mountain.
Get in here!! We need to hold it down right now
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 5:46am On Mar 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:

no laugh o
this warriors dey crase o.

Baba, it's getting strong o shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (2260) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: chic2pimp(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.