Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630572 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:55pm On May 30, 2017
Muna15:

We've got Dallas, Celtics and GSW fans in here and you want me to pick LeBron ahead of those two. Then watch you guys drop epistles to make yourselves happy.

No! Not me!

You can look up some Kobe-LeBron games and decide for yourself.

Dallas fans where. We all know how it goes.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:53pm On May 30, 2017
lolawilliams:

Sure danger comes from all side for both teams and its obvious the Warriors are more of a defensive team than the Cavs. I feel there would be a lot of trey from the Cavs in this finals

The Cavs are shooting more 3-PPG in the playoffs than the Warriors 33.6 for Cavs Nd 31.3 for Warriirs and they’re making a higher percentage .435 for Cavs .389 for Warriors. This would be useful cause of Green's ability to lockdown an offensive player cause his ability on the defensive end cant be overlooked. Klay and Curry are both good shooter but you know who has been good in this playoffs. Korver has struggled and is only around 41% behind Deron and Shump.

LeBron, Irving,KD and Curry are all unstoppable. As far as offensive basketball goes, they are as good as it gets but in this situation, the Cavs have more fire power

Love- Green- Any headway Love can make against Green would be huge for the Cavs.

LeBron-KD- I dont have a problem here.

Irving-Curry- Irving needs to outplay Curry. Irving must win this matchup for the Cavs to have a chance.

JR-klay- klay number in playoffs has gone down from 24.7 to 14.4 PPG. Though JR has also been bad in playoffs but thats cause Irving and Lebron have been mind blowing and also in the first two series, JR's job was to guard the opponent's top scorer. So this shouldnt be a problem also

In other words, you're saying Warriors in 5? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 30, 2017
Decale:

In other words, you're saying Warriors in 5? grin
cavs in 4
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:04pm On May 30, 2017
Donlittle:
cavs in 4

Dennis Rodman of Nairaland,
Ron Artest of Sports Section,
Stephen Jackson of our time,
Draymond Green of our thread

I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:46pm On May 30, 2017
lolawilliams:

Sure danger comes from all side for both teams and its obvious the Warriors are more of a defensive team than the Cavs. I feel there would be a lot of trey from the Cavs in this finals

The Cavs are shooting more 3-PPG in the playoffs than the Warriors 33.6 for Cavs Nd 31.3 for Warriirs and they’re making a higher percentage .435 for Cavs .389 for Warriors. This would be useful cause of Green's ability to lockdown an offensive player cause his ability on the defensive end cant be overlooked. Klay and Curry are both good shooter but you know who has been good in this playoffs. Korver has struggled and is only around 41% behind Deron and Shump.

LeBron, Irving,KD and Curry are all unstoppable. As far as offensive basketball goes, they are as good as it gets but in this situation, the Cavs have more fire power

Love- Green- Any headway Love can make against Green would be huge for the Cavs.

LeBron-KD- I dont have a problem here.

Irving-Curry- Irving needs to outplay Curry. Irving must win this matchup for the Cavs to have a chance.

JR-klay- klay number in playoffs has gone down from 24.7 to 14.4 PPG. Though JR has also been bad in playoffs but thats cause Irving and Lebron have been mind blowing and also in the first two series, JR's job was to guard the opponent's top scorer. So this shouldnt be a problem also

I was watching First Take, and both Steph A Smith and Max Kellerman predicted warriors winning. As much as I want another ring for LBJ, I have to agree. Barring some superhuman performance from Kyrie, Love and LBJ, I don't think any team in the league can overcome the addition of Durant to the Warriors. Warriors are blowing out even strong teams, even sweeping the Spurs!!! primarily because of that Durant factor. Even games the warriors will normally lose, they are winning - note that no team has beaten them this playoffs

Frankly, it is warriors in 4. I will be watching and suporting the cavs, but I just dont see what answer the cavs can cook up for Durant - even if you put LBJ on this dude and ice him, now you have Klay and Curry loose! If cavs win 1, I will be overjoyed

I know the league killed CP3 joining Kobe on the Lakers some years back for fear oftoo strong a team. Durant to Warriors is far worse - I think some rules will be put in place to stop this from happening again. . It is one thing to stack your team with good and complimentary players like Kyrie, Love, Korver etc. It is another thing to wholesale imports legit superstars (top 3, top 5) - I think the league will recognize this limit and add restrictions other than salary cap
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 30, 2017
Decale:

Dennis Rodman of Nairaland,
Ron Artest of Sports Section,
Stephen Jackson of our time,
Draymond Green of our thread

I hail ooo
only me all these title. I don hammer grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:01am On May 31, 2017
Warriors in 5. Can't see them loosing this. No way is the Cavs stopping both Curry and Durant.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:39am On May 31, 2017
LeBron can't guard KD bruh.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:12am On May 31, 2017
A40:
LeBron can't guard KD bruh.

My point exactly. Lebron 5 years ago? Sure. Lebron now, hard to say. Which means Durant drops 30.

If you sag off some other player to double up on Durant, it cant be klays man or stephs man. What of Draymond and Pachulia. Draymond is an activity guy and can score without set plays...if he gets hot game over.

That leaves pachulia or any other big that can shoot free throws in case cavs try hack-a-zaza. If there is only 1.5 (draymond is 50/50) weak links on a team of 5, you dont even need clever plays to get you 3.5 scorers open looks.

If nothing else, as a basketball fan, I want to see what Lue does. Nothing pop did worked. People think kawhi going down had a hand in it. Maybe kawhi would have prevented a sweep. But the warriors were going to win once they shook off the rust

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:27am On May 31, 2017
Una dey fear me with all these GSW predictions. I sense some of y'all want to jinx us by doing it. I thought we were on the verge of losing game 1 to the Spurs and how unstoppable Cavs are. That underdog narrative has to stop.

I say this at the risk of sounding repetitive but KD was a free agent and the rest of this team were created through the drafts. A lot of players are underpaid to keep things this way and besides we lost our bench just for him. The talk that the NBA commissioner should have swooped in to forestall this assemblage as Stern did with CP3 needs to rest. Along with the one about CAVS trading and overpaying players just to keep a team of all stars being similar with ours. It is not. We got lucky with the drafts SC was 7th, Klay 11th or so, Dray 35th. Nothing about these numbers show that we were creating a super team. The same cannot be said about the Cavs. Kyrie and LBJ alone are number 1s. TT was number 4 in his class if I am not mistaken and same or thereabouts for Klove.

birdman:

I was watching First Take, and both Steph A Smith and Max Kellerman predicted warriors winning. As much as I want another ring for LBJ, I have to agree. Barring some superhuman performance from Kyrie, Love and LBJ, I don't think any team in the league can overcome the addition of Durant to the Warriors. Warriors are blowing out even strong teams, even sweeping the Spurs!!! primarily because of that Durant factor. Even games the warriors will normally lose, they are winning - note that no team has beaten them this playoffs

Frankly, it is warriors in 4. I will be watching and suporting the cavs, but I just dont see what answer the cavs can cook up for Durant - even if you put LBJ on this dude and ice him, now you have Klay and Curry loose! If cavs win 1, I will be overjoyed

I know the league killed CP3 joining Kobe on the Lakers some years back for fear oftoo strong a team. Durant to Warriors is far worse - I think some rules will be put in place to stop this from happening again. . It is one thing to stack your team with good and complimentary players like Kyrie, Love, Korver etc. It is another thing to wholesale imports legit superstars (top 3, top 5) - I think the league will recognize this limit and add restrictions other than salary cap
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:37am On May 31, 2017
Eruditor is right though birdman, I don't like the move, still think it a biitch move, but if cavs only adding KD is a super team, what do we say about cavs adding love, and Lebron?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:54am On May 31, 2017
birdman:

That Chris Paul trade was solely due to David Stern's corrupt nature and maybe as a result of trying to create a balance. The Hornets was owned by the league and Houston should've got Gasol and Hornets would've benefited. He came out a week ago saying the trade didn't even happen because he was a representative of the Hornets owners (other 29 teams) and other the league owners didn't approve. Dude only made the whole thing worse and only disgraced himself.
The league has however made great moves for situations like this. The salary cap, the fine of luxury cap and also the new benefit of making the All-NBA team makes you eligible to earn extra 7% of the team's salary cap which makes it difficult for teams to have several Allstars.
Golden State was only able to get KD because of Curry's $44M 4yrs contract. Next season W when he'll be earning close to $200M, Warriors may lose solid pieces to accommodate he and KD. Iggy, Livingston McCaw may have to leave.
Keeping them will only get worse but no sweat. McCaw will be a star. You heard it here first smiley
It's only a matter of 2/3/4yrs and your wishes will come true cheesy
All thanks to LeBron for bringing the idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:13am On May 31, 2017
Eruditor:
Una dey fear me with all these GSW predictions. I sense some of y'all want to jinx us by doing it. I thought we were on the verge of losing game 1 to the Spurs and how unstoppable Cavs are. That underdog narrative has to stop.

chief, even you agree sey cavs need a jinx to help beat golden state. in other words, barring supernatural help, warriors don carry cup already
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:15am On May 31, 2017
JR Smith and Tristan Thompson have a higher salary than Steph Curry. I don't see why the Warriors should be punished for the Cavs fiscal irresponsibility. The Cavs have the highest payroll in the history of the league. People forget this
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:22am On May 31, 2017
During the Regular Season,
Curry can't guard Irving
LeBron is the best SF
Love cancels Draymond
Klay can't guard Irving
And Jr Smith and Shumpert can guard Curry
Tristan would will expose Zaza on the boards
And how each match ups are balanced.

Now it's Finals, there's sudden acceptance of dominance and how great the Warriors team is.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:32am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:
That Chris Paul trade was solely due to David Stern's corrupt nature and maybe as a result of trying to create a balance. The Hornets was owned by the league and Houston should've got Gasol and Hornets would've benefited. He came out a week ago saying the trade didn't even happen because he was a representative of the Hornets owners (other 29 teams) and other the league owners didn't approve. Dude only made the whole thing worse and only disgraced himself.
The league has however made great moves for situations like this. The salary cap, the fine of luxury cap and also the new benefit of making the All-NBA team makes you eligible to earn extra 7% of the team's salary cap which makes it difficult for teams to have several Allstars.
Golden State was only able to get KD because of Curry's $44M 4yrs contract. Next season W when he'll be earning close to $200M, Warriors may lose solid pieces to accommodate he and KD. Iggy, Livingston McCaw may have to leave.
Keeping them will only get worse but no sweat. McCaw will be a star. You heard it here first smiley
It's only a matter of 2/3/4yrs and your wishes will come true cheesy
All thanks to LeBron for bringing the idea.
I think where the Warriors might have problem is if Draymond and Klay want more money when their deals are up. The likes of Iggy, Livingston can be replaced easily with other vets trying to win a ring.

Luxury tax would be a non issue for the Warriors with their shiny new arena, more ticket fees and San Francisco being a much richer hood than Oakland.

If NBA want equity they have to set hard salary caps like NFL or NHL
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:34am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:
During the Regular Season,
Curry can't guard Irving
LeBron is the best SF
Love cancels Draymond
Klay can't guard Irving
And Jr Smith and Shumpert can guard Curry
Tristan would will expose Zaza on the boards
And how each match ups are balanced.

Now it's Finals, there's sudden acceptance of dominance and how great the Warriors team is.
Mandem are doing the moonwalk
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:13am On May 31, 2017
A40:
JR Smith and Tristan Thompson have a higher salary than Steph Curry. I don't see why the Warriors should be punished for the Cavs fiscal irresponsibility. The Cavs have the highest payroll in the history of the league. People forget this
I totally agree. Dan Gilbert didn't bother. He just splashed the money.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:29am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I totally agree. Dan Gilbert didn't bother. He just splashed the money.

Dan's hands were tied. Would he rather the tantrums of Lebron and ESPN?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:13am On May 31, 2017
Roland17:

Dan's hands were tied. Would he rather the tantrums of Lebron and ESPN?
Hope it's all worth the money..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:39am On May 31, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkQfh3FnQM

From the mouth of experts. Start at the 1 minute mark
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:10am On May 31, 2017
birdman:

True talk!

I am also a Cav fan, but it's the truth ruth! How can you expect to beat the Warriors with the addition of the Durant factor? We are talking about the purest and best scorer in activity mayne!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:17am On May 31, 2017
Anyone heard From Mizzzbeee yet?? It's been 2 fùcking years
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:18am On May 31, 2017
LoJ:

True talk!

I am also a Cav fan, but it's the truth ruth! How can you expect to beat the Warriors with the addition of the Durant factor? We are talking about the purest and best scorer in activity mayne!
birdman:

Is this the best team LeBron has faced in the finals?
Yes!! Absolutely.

Would he benefit or be called the greatest of he wins?
Yes, even more than whatever Warriors would get if they win. Fans and Media won't waste time.

Would the entire Warriors franchise and career of the players especially KD be at an all time low if they lose?

Yes!! The world is already looking forward to it.

Is this a pity party or a competition?

A competition.

Is this supposed to be an excuse if Cavs lost?

Hell to the fúck NO!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Anyone heard From Mizzzbeee yet?? It's been 2 fùcking years
bruh i don't know what happened to that chick, make we carry am go front page abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:30am On May 31, 2017
Donlittle:
bruh i don't know what happened to that chick, make we carry am go front page abeg
Lolawilliams one time was trying her email. We don't know how far Lola went. Anyone has any update?

A40, Eruditor, Sircumalot, Roland17 I met you guys here. Anyone what's up?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2017
birdman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkQfh3FnQM

Guy make we bone that expert yarns. These guys are pundits just like us. Only difference na opportunity.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Lolawilliams one time was trying her email. We don't know how far Lola went. Anyone has any update?

I recall Lola trying to find out her whereabouts. I guess we have to ask her. Got a lot of people that were active here that don't post here much anymore. Life happens I guess
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:53am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Is this the best team LeBron has faced in the finals?
Yes!! Absolutely.

Would he benefit or be called the greatest of he wins?
Yes, even more than whatever Warriors would get if they win. Fans and Media won't waste time.

Would the entire Warriors franchise and career of the players especially KD be at an all time low if they lose?

Yes!! The world is already looking forward to it.

Is this a pity party or a competition?

A competition.

Is this supposed to be an excuse if Cavs lost?

Hell to the fúck NO!!
100% agree.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:12am On May 31, 2017
SmooshCHN:

I couldn't get her details o, Sent email messages to people who seem to be close to her here on NL but keep saying they don't have her personal number.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:17am On May 31, 2017
A40:

I recall Lola trying to find out her whereabouts. I guess we have to ask her. Got a lot of people that were active here that don't post here much anymore. Life happens I guess

She's not active on NL. Where can she possibly be

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.