Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,695 members, 7,837,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1645053 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:28am On May 17, 2018
popizaino:
I like your optimism .

I LOVE his optimism.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:21pm On May 17, 2018
birdman:

You seriously believed the cavs would sweep the celtics? I will take your word for it. Even with lebron dropping 40 10 10 a night the celtics are still the favorites. Why? Its a team game, and the celtics are a far better team. Did you see j r smith or TTs stats yesterday?

Of course as an LBJ fan, Im going to watch and hope. But this series is looking like a ghastly motor accident on 3rd mainland bridge already embarassed
The Celtics are not the favorites anything Baba. The difference is just the effort and how they are applying themselves. Also not having a blockhead like JR Smith kinda helps

To be fair to Lebron he didn't do much wrong. I feel he must be smart enough to know that he won't win this series even if he averages 45-10-10. At the risk of being labelled passive the other guys absolutely have to contribute. However even on nights your offense is off there must be a constant and that's your defense. They were good in spurts vs Indy. Toronto were too shook! But that's where Boston even with their shorthanded team always give themselves a chance. Cleveland must realize that unlike Toronto they are not merely going to outscore Boston.

This is where Lebron must also realize that even if his scoring and offensive abilities would suffer this team must be willing to knuckle down on the blue collar aspect of the game like Boston are doing. It has to start from him and then the other guys doing their jobs defensively!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2018
Defense 101. Don't let James Harden go to his left! Kerr needs to do a better job of hiding Steph.

It's unlikely the Rockets do not keep attacking a glaring weakness in a series like this.

For me it would still boil down to the secondary scorers showing up. 1-1 is not a bad deal for either team. I can see this series going to 6 games at the very least
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 17, 2018
A40

Al Haymon has explained Wilders 50m USD offer, your man has decided he doesn't want it and wants to fight in the UK instead. Lol WTF? Why do you thinking he's trying to avoid fighting in the US? You can't tell me he's afraid of officiating or judges because this isn't a distance fight. First wilder didn't want it because he's lying, then where is he going to get 50m from, now this? cheesy

2 2 chicken, nandos.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:25pm On May 17, 2018
A40:
Defense 101. Don't let James Harden go to his left! Kerr needs to do a better job of hiding Steph.

It's unlikely the Rockets do not keep attacking a glaring weakness in a series like this.

For me it would still boil down to the secondary scorers showing up. 1-1 is not a bad deal for either team. I can see this series going to 6 games at the very least
I believe he doesn't need to hide him cos they'll still switch him on Harden. He should just guard Harden from the off and let him iso his ass out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:36pm On May 17, 2018
Hardetayour:
I believe he doesn't need to hide him cos they'll still switch him on Harden. He should just guard Harden from the off and let him iso his ass out.

They don’t need to hide anything. Harden was dropping his buckets on other people as well. That is why I even zoned out from listening to any of those analysts because most of them just rehash the same things or give popular opinion.

Hide Curry this...His bla bla is bla bla. Curry’s issue is mental. Towards the end of the first Q when GSW called a time out Curry shot from 30ft and it splashed. Yet seconds earlier he had missed from 28 without any hand directly on his face.

Like I said, for some reason, he struggles at certain times away. The only reason people are talking about D is because he did not score as well on the other end. If he made 5 of his 8 3s that game goes Warriors way. It is a game of fine margins. Especially away.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:38pm On May 17, 2018
popizaino:
I like your optimism .

I have watched basketball enough with my eyes and head to be optimistic about certain things.

smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:42pm On May 17, 2018
Just before the playoffs; they won’t get past first round without Curry.

After beating Rockets game one; KD hurt the league.

After game two; KD is no longer hurting the league.

LOL

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 17, 2018
Lol. Even the most loyal Curry fans have to admit he's a defensive liability. This is something the Cavs have exploited in the past and I remember Richard Jefferson putting a lot of emphasis on how the warriors spend a whole game trying to hide Steph Curry on the defensive end.

Someone however, thinks Curry's defensive lapses are "mental". cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:51pm On May 17, 2018
BarthramLestat:
Lol. Even the most loyal Curry fans have to admit he's a defensive liability. This is something the Cavs have exploited in the past and I remember Richard Jefferson putting a lot of emphasis on how the warriors spend a whole game trying to hide Steph Curry on the defensive end.

Someone however, thinks Curry's defensive lapses are "mental". cheesy

You are the best at reading your filth into any post.

Richard Jefferson can say what he likes after they win 4-3 from pulling and shoving. But if Lebron gets 15 in one game it becomes a feel-out.

I wonder where Curry’s D was in 2015 and 2017.

And the funniest part is...a non dyslexic reader will see that nobody was talking about defense when they used the word mental.

Curry was supposed to hold Harden to 5pts and CP3 to 3pts because he is Bruce Bowen. LOL

Some of the stupid things we have to read.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 17, 2018
Eruditor:

You are the best at reading your filth into any post.

Richard Jefferson can say what he likes after they win 4-3 from pulling and shoving. But if Lebron gets 15 in one game it becomes a feel-out.

I wonder where Curry’s D was in 2015 and 2017.

And the funniest part is...a non dyslexic reader will see that nobody was talking about defense when they used the word mental.

Curry was supposed to hold Harden to 5pts and CP3 to 3pts because he is Bruce Bowen. LOL

Some of the stupid things we have to read.

Hide Curry this...His bla bla is bla bla. Curry’s issue is mental. Towards the end of the first Q when GSW called a time out Curry shot from 30ft and it splashed. Yet seconds earlier he had missed from 28 without any hand directly on his face.

Ooh no. Please don't point out his love curry is bad defensively, please don't say anything bad about curry.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 17, 2018
Did anyone say Curry's offensive woes are permanent? People were talking about his poor defensive skills so of course he doesn't want anyone saying anything bad about him. Scary. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2018
A40:

The Celtics are not the favorites anything Baba. The difference is just the effort and how they are applying themselves. Also not having a blockhead like JR Smith kinda helps

To be fair to Lebron he didn't do much wrong. I feel he must be smart enough to know that he won't win this series even if he averages 45-10-10. At the risk of being labelled passive the other guys absolutely have to contribute. However even on nights your offense is off there must be a constant and that's your defense. They were good in spurts vs Indy. Toronto were too shook! But that's where Boston even with their shorthanded team always give themselves a chance. Cleveland must realize that unlike Toronto they are not merely going to outscore Boston.

This is where Lebron must also realize that even if his scoring and offensive abilities would suffer this team must be willing to knuckle down on the blue collar aspect of the game like Boston are doing. It has to start from him and then the other guys doing their jobs defensively!

I feel u on this. Unlike Toronto, Boston is not afraid to get grimy. The cavs have no one to blame for defensive effort. To me this is why celtics have a better shot. Lue has to convince Love and jr and tristan to play with heart 4 out of the next 5 undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:07pm On May 17, 2018
Eruditor:

Like I said, for some reason, he struggles at certain times away. The only reason people are talking about D is because he did not score as well on the other end. If he made 5 of his 8 3s that game goes Warriors way. It is a game of fine margins. Especially away.

BarthramLestat:

Ooh no. Please don't point out his love curry is bad defensively, please don't say anything bad about curry.

How can you be helped?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:11pm On May 17, 2018
BarthramLestat:
Did anyone say Curry's offensive woes are permanent? People were talking about his poor defensive skills so of course he doesn't want anyone saying anything bad about him. Scary. cheesy

We scored more buckets on Harden in game one than Curry was scored on in game 1or 2 but Harden dropped 41 so nobody cared.

Which is why I said the only reason D is being brought up is to pretend they are actually doing analysis when we all know it is his offense that dictates his defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 17, 2018
Eruditor:

How can you be helped?

Oooh if curry is good offensively, that will make him a good defender automatically and no one will say anything bad about him and his horrible defense. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:15pm On May 17, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Oooh if curry is good offensively, that will make him a good defender automatically and no one will say anything bad about him and his horrible defense. cheesy

LOL. Horrible defense.

I split a game AWAY at the “best team in the league”. That is what is expected of me. You wanted your team to split and they did not but somehow yours is a positive and mine is not.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:25pm On May 17, 2018
A40:

I have been preaching this since the finals loss to the Cavs in 2016 and it is where I get frustrated with Kerr sometimes. It took him 5 games before he decided to move Curry away from the top of the key and out of the pick and roll on defense during that series as the Cavs feasted on Curry by being physical.

I am watching the same thing in this series and it is affecting Curry's rhythm on offense. I think he would resurrect from the shooting slump but Kerr has to find intelligent ways of keeping him out of the pick and roll especially when the Rockets switch. The Rockets must win one game at the Oracle for me to take them serious. If they split the series at the Bay Area then we have a must watch series.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by knight23: 2:27pm On May 17, 2018
Eruditor:

LOL

funny, isnt it?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 17, 2018
Eruditor:

LOL

Re: The NBA Begins by knight23: 2:43pm On May 17, 2018
Manutd19:
Warriors defence in this game has been so poor so far. The quick ball movements by the rockets is killing them.
And Curry is pants so far. So poor
see, when a team starts shooting the 3 so well, u are doomed if u dont catch fire from 3 point range to match them. 3 pointers wreak all sorts of havoc on the best defenses designed in bball. for instance check out what the sonics did to olajuwons rockets in gms 2 and 3 in 96. swept the defending champions
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:49pm On May 17, 2018
knight23:

see, when a team starts shooting the 3 so well, u are doomed if u dont catch fire from 3 point range to match them. 3 pointers wreak all sorts of havoc on the best defenses designed in bball. for instance check out what the sonics did to olajuwons rockets in gms 2 and 3 in 96. swept the defending champions

Don't mind people. Houston hit 16 3s to GSWs 9 on a day that Curry and Klay combine for like 2/14 which is waaaay below their mean.

I don't know whether anyone saw David West messing up rotations and not closing out Tucker who got hot.

But more than anything, is it that Rockets were not good to win a game? Cavs also made 24 3s in their singular win against GSW last year.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2018
BarthramLestat:
A40

Al Haymon has explained Wilders 50m USD offer, your man has decided he doesn't want it and wants to fight in the UK instead. Lol WTF? Why do you thinking he's trying to avoid fighting in the US? You can't tell me he's afraid of officiating or judges because this isn't a distance fight. First wilder didn't want it because he's lying, then where is he going to get 50m from, now this? cheesy

2 2 chicken, nandos.
Where una dey hear all this fake news? The Eddie Hearn I know will not turn down $50m straight cash. There must be a detail that is being left out and last I heard negotiations are still on
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2018
Roland17:

I have been preaching this since the finals loss to the Cavs in 2016 and it is where I get frustrated with Kerr sometimes. It took him 5 games before he decided to move Curry away from the top of the key and out of the pick and roll on defense during that series as the Cavs feasted on Curry by being physical.

I am watching the same thing in this series and it is affecting Curry's rhythm on offense. I think he would resurrect from the shooting slump but Kerr has to find intelligent ways of keeping him out of the pick and roll especially when the Rockets switch. The Rockets must win one game at the Oracle for me to take them serious. If they split the series at the Bay Area then we have a must watch series.
I don't think Steph is a 100% which is why I find it borderline bizarre that he is guarding Harden on that many iso possessions considering the injury he suffered would surely hurt his ability to move laterally.

Harden is not shooting well and that's why the score was not uglier than it was plus it's also hurting Steph on offense! He's looked lethargic and it's hurt his ability to finish closer to the rim

Role players tend to play better at home which is why I wouldn't expect Gordon. Ariza or Tucker to shoot near perfectly while Golden State's reserves play like dirt. However this Houston team is not scared of Golden State and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they steal a game at the Oracle. The Warriors are playing with a complacency that is part deliberate and part mental fatigue which kinda explains why KD is the only one that has really been consistent this postseason
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2018
Hardetayour:
This my friend is a recipe for disaster. Harden might not shoot 9/24 again! The way he is blasting past Curry I don't recommend that one oh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37pm On May 17, 2018
birdman:

I feel u on this. Unlike Toronto, Boston is not afraid to get grimy. The cavs have no one to blame for defensive effort. To me this is why celtics have a better shot. Lue has to convince Love and jr and tristan to play with heart 4 out of the next 5 undecided
There was improvement in Game 2 unlike Game 1 where they got sodomized in the paint. I don't know if the Celts recover from that deficit in a road game. The Cavs however must know that their defense has to be consistent to stand a shot of winning! Because they face a team who would always bring a consistent effort defensively win or lose
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2018
Stephen Curry: Games w/ 1 or fewer three-pointers 2015 playoffs: 0 out of 21 games 2016 playoffs: 1 out of 16 games 2017 playoffs: 1 out of 17 games 2018 West Finals: 2 out of 2 games
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 17, 2018
A40:
There was improvement in Game 2 unlike Game 1 where they got sodomized in the paint. I don't know if the Celts recover from that deficit in a road game. The Cavs however must know that their defense has to be consistent to stand a shot of winning! Because they face a team who would always bring a consistent effort defensively win or lose

The Cavs have a tendency to let half time leads slip especially in the third. Don't know if it's complacency or fatigue but they need to figure out how to fix that. They usually lose games either in the first or the third. My key would be for LeBron to come out as aggressive as he did in game 2. Allow the role players to get theirs in the second and then go on an onslaught again in the third. We usually do well with third quarter leads.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 17, 2018
A40:
Where una dey hear all this fake news? The Eddie Hearn I know will not turn down $50m straight cash. There must be a detail that is being left out and last I heard negotiations are still on

Nope. Eddie confirmed he talked and Al Haymon explained the $50m offer to him. He spoke to AJ and AJ said he'd take a paycut to fight in London. Your man doesn't want to take any chances, I guess after doing all the hardwork it would crush him if one punch from wilder robs him of this glory.
Re: The NBA Begins by Donndino: 4:15pm On May 17, 2018
The Rockets are setup to stop Curry from making threes, therefore Curry struggling isn't disastrous. It was more damaging that Klay Thompson got so cold. KD is guaranteed to get 20+ points per game. However the warriors need a good game from one of Steph/Klay to win.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:16pm On May 17, 2018
Warriors still winning this series.
Cavs-celtics na the real show.
Every thing dey tell me say Celtics go win but to count out bron and the cavs na something my brain can't get with.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:33pm On May 17, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Nope. Eddie confirmed he talked and Al Haymon explained the $50m offer to him. He spoke to AJ and AJ said he'd take a paycut to fight in London. Your man doesn't want to take any chances, I guess after doing all the hardwork it would crush him if one punch from wilder robs him of this glory.
The story doesn't add up. Like you said and you sound convinced the fight won't go the distance so why should he care where it holds if he's sure he would KO Deontay if the money is right

Anyway let me double check this your story with my sources

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.