Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,798 members, 7,862,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1661452 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (2257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:27am On May 28, 2018
LeGOAT..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:34am On May 28, 2018
Ewuro4:
He’s the best playa in the world... get that in your skulls and work hard to achieve like him. (Of course not up to his strides)

No crime
Great family
Zero scandal
Head screwed on tight

Get off your caves , stop the ruthless hate and give respect to whom is due.
This is where some of you start gassing it. There are like 2 billion men out there doing this on a regular. It's not an achievement. Leave it at basketball. He's a GOAT on the basketball court. Just leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:39am On May 28, 2018
I know both western teams will be extra motivated knowing there will be barbecue chicken waiting for them at the finals. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:41am On May 28, 2018
SmooshCHN:
This is where some of you start gassing it. There are like 2 billion men out there doing this on a regular. It's not an achievement. Leave it at basketball. He's a GOAT on the basketball court. Just leave it at that.

Not everyone has the spotlight or influence he has and most cant handle it. Jordan drank and gambled, Kobe cheated on his wife and may have possibly ra.ped someone, not a knock on their ability on the court but it's a rarity for someone so famous to be this disciplined, especially given the conditions he grew up with. And he's been like this since he was a teenager when he had the spotlight on him, let that sink in.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:57am On May 28, 2018
ipledge10:
No way Cavs wil win Rockets, I can’t imagine it. Houston have better offense and defense. Houston is better in every aspect. Rockets with outscore them, have more Rebounds.

Stop over thinking it bro. Everything in the sport this year points to LeBron winning a championship.
This has always been the script. No way they make him lose another final.
It's not about what Houston or golden state can do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:08am On May 28, 2018
I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings im not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:33am On May 28, 2018
BarthramLestat:

Not everyone has the spotlight or influence he has and most cant handle it. Jordan drank and gambled, Kobe cheated on his wife and may have possibly ra.ped someone, not a knock on their ability on the court but it's a rarity for someone so famous to be this disciplined, especially given the conditions he grew up with. And he's been like this since he was a teenager when he had the spotlight on him, let that sink in.
whether you're a billionaire or a peasant, it's not an achievement. Still had nothing to do with Kobe and MJ.. It's not a competition and neither should it be a comparison. Doing what men are naturally supposed to do or have been doing for a million years isn't an achievement. It's no knock on those who do well and those who fail at it.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2018
Manutd19:

Stop over thinking it bro. Everything in the sport this year points to LeBron winning a championship.
I don’t know what NBA will do, when they start raining 3s in Oakland or Houston, even in Cleveland. You can only rig close game.
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 8:47am On May 28, 2018
Over to you GSW .Cavs have won on the road.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:05am On May 28, 2018
SmooshCHN:
whether you're a billionaire or a peasant, it's not an achievement. Still had nothing to do with Kobe and MJ.. It's not a competition and neither should it be a comparison. Doing what men are naturally supposed to do or have been doing for a million years isn't an achievement. It's no knock on those who do well and those who fail at it.

But the point is some people have that assignment much harder than others. It's like commending someone for finishing a job when he had a higher workload. Nothing wrong with that. He's a great role model period.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:11am On May 28, 2018
I wonder if God is the right person to pray to concerning Paul is leg.
Dude has been a warrior homer for sometime now.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2018
Roland17:

Bron would taunt Jordan if he dunked on him during his rookie season.

True. Which is why i hated him rookie season
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2018
SmooshCHN:

See dis man forming pastor. I can jus picture it. Smooshchn with 100mill in d bank, turning down womens advances everywhere tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2018
BarthramLestat:
I know both western teams will be extra motivated knowing there will be barbecue chicken waiting for them at the finals. cheesy

lol

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2018
CP3 out. Golden State better not phuck this up like Boston did! Though I trust James Harden the mental midget to fold as usual
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:16am On May 29, 2018
Ewuro4:
He’s the best playa in the world... get that in your skulls and work hard to achieve like him. (Of course not up to his strides)

No crime
Great family
Zero scandal
Head screwed on tight

Get off your caves , stop the ruthless hate and give respect to whom is due.
Loool till he retires and we find out he was on roids. Don't jinx it!

Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby ought to teach you that.. Nobody's perfect

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:33am On May 29, 2018
ipledge10:
No way Cavs wil win Rockets, I can’t imagine it. Houston have better offense and defense. Houston is better in every aspect. Rockets with outscore them, have more Rebounds.
Brahhh even with a healthy CP3 I don't trust no James Harden who can go 0 for 30 from 3 in the Finals or something like that. James Harden and his 5/25 shooting assss would definitely doom the Rockets to defeat so naah let them try next year.

Warriors got to have this one
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:33am On May 29, 2018
#CapsvsKnights

Come on Ovyyyy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:42am On May 29, 2018
I not sure the NHL would prefer the Knights winning the Stanley Cup as it may portray the league as weak.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:56am On May 29, 2018
A40:
This Boston team has not made excuses all season. Game 6 will not be a good place to start! They can win Game 6 and if you ask me they must pull all the stops to win Game 6.

They might have homecourt in Game 7 but this only guarantees them a wider berth not a win per se especially against the Cavs as an even better Golden State painfully discovered

The pressure on them going to this game is nil and they have to use this to their advantage.

Surprised and not surprised that the Cavs wound up winning. Could vividly recall stating here that Boston must do all within their power to win Game 6 on the road. Daunting as that might have been the basketball gods threw them a bone with Kevin Love getting hurt! Should have been the coup de grace yet Boston proceeded to drop their worst quarter of the season. You could even argue that that Game 6 2nd quarter was were the series was lost

They should bounce back from this hopefully but I also hope they realize that it's not a given they would be back here. This is why I was hoping they broke through. Everybody thought OKC would get to multiple Finals after losing in 2012 but look what happened.

My post-mortem would not be complete without giving props to LeNomad. I can loathe him but when you see a player leaving everything on the court for his team. As a fan and lover of the game you would have to have a very wack perspective to not respect that

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:59am On May 29, 2018
BarthramLestat:

But the point is some people have that assignment much harder than others. It's like commending someone for finishing a job when he had a higher workload. Nothing wrong with that. He's a great role model period.
Fact!! Great role model. Nobody's a saint. People do this everyday. Being a father is a responsibility not a pass or fail exam. Everyone is expected to do this irrespective of their financial or societal status.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:00am On May 29, 2018
Roland17:
I not sure the NHL would prefer the Knights winning the Stanley Cup as it may portray the league as weak.
Not really. Just the beauty of sports! Plus people keep forgetting that they actually got a lot of good and perhaps criminally underrated bunch of players. A lot of these guys are also playing for long-term deals
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:04am On May 29, 2018
No cp3. Make i begin cry already embarassed embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:04am On May 29, 2018
Harden about to have one of his annual playoff meltdowns. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:04am On May 29, 2018
lolawilliams:

I had a nervous breakdown but I'm fully out of it. King James being a beast when facing elimination is even helping.

Shaq fu has already spoken, “If Cleveland wins at home tomorrow, they will definitely win Game 7"
Sorry about this dear. No wonder you've been scarce. Good to know you've broken out of it. At the end of the day we're all going through something.

I trust you have a strong support system and all. We are here too Lebron hate or not smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:05am On May 29, 2018
A40:
CP3 out. Golden State better not phuck this up like Boston did! Though I trust James Harden the mental midget to fold as usual

100%
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:07am On May 29, 2018
This Golden Knights x Capitals game is no joke! Karlsson with the tie
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:09am On May 29, 2018
Manutd19:

Loool this guy!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:11am On May 29, 2018
Damn!! These early fouls though. Very stupid of Klay Thompson.. You can't block Harden's shot anyways and he will get the calls
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 2:12am On May 29, 2018
Thomson in foul trouble... nice tactics
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:15am On May 29, 2018
Don’t fall in love with the contested 3. Nobody wins game 7s that way. It will drop to the mean. Eat with easy 2s and stay close it is marathon not a sprint.

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (2257) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.