Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan (10502 Views)

Obasanjo Visits Oba AbdulRasheed Of Iwo,Preaches Peace, Unity Among Yorubas(Pics / Kenyan Presidential Aspirant Decries Lack Of Handsome Men In Kenya / Ooni Preaches Unity Among Yoruba Leaders For Yorubaland's Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by muyoto: 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
oyb:

then like gej, the man should get out  what is it with these good for nothings - do they think titled positions are all a bout the perks only? so why is the man the 'leader of muslims in nigeria' (whatever that means). does he think leadership is about tucking your tail between your legs when danger is around the corner. i swear, these Northern leaders are failures over and over again. they do not stand for anything. if anything they compete with gej for idiotic statements - which foo-ol was it that said the murder of youth corpers was their destiny then turned round to apologise to bh? and when you travel through the north, you see their billboards with manic chest beating the lion of so and so. more like the rat .

i'm really sad for the north. their leaders have collectively failed them, and their leaders are the bastard parents of BH. as always, it is the common man that gets screwed over.  

The sultan certainly cannot be absolved of blame. My earlier position was highlight the fact that most of the heat being directed at him should more appropriately be directed at the FG.

Well, I suppose the whole fiasco could be traced to leadership failure both fronts. Sultan for failing, or perhaps fearing, to denounce the sect, and our dear GEJ for flunking so tragically his role of ensuring the safety of lives and property of his constituency, Nigeria.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
muyoto:

The sultan certainly cannot be absolved of blame. My earlier position was highlight the fact that most of the heat being directed at him should more appropriately be directed at the FG.

Well, I suppose the whole fiasco could be traced to leadership failure both fronts. Sultan for failing, or perhaps fearing, to denounce the sect, and our dear GEJ for flunking so tragically his role of ensuring the safety of lives and property of his constituency, Nigeria.

I am not a fan of any religion as I believe it's obviously a waste of time. But Sultan is not under any obligation to condemn BH. Was he appointed by FG? Is he duty bound to make such a statement? The position of Islam is clear on violence and it's not subject to pronunciation of individuals! As far as I am concerned, Sultan could as well be a supporter of BH or sympathetic to their cause. But it's the duty of GEJ, the dumb and retar&ded president, to act and and fish out the BH supporters!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Reggie2(m): 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
The presence of heavily armed American army and a line of supposedly green zone in Iraq did not stop suicide bombers from carrying out their mission. The same can be said of Pakistan and Afghanistan! Jonathan critics should also tell us if the the Americans are weak where supposedly humans decide to bomb themselves to hell by killing innocent people?

Truth is that when people without a mind and human value decide to go on a suicide mission, it takes the vigilance of everyone to make an impact. Those calling for the head of the incumbent president for a problem created over five decades are not sincere to themselves.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
bayooooooo:

I am not a fan of any religion as I believe it's obviously a waste of time. But Sultan is not under any obligation to condemn BH. Was he appointed by FG? Is he duty bound to make such a statement? The position of Islam is clear on violence and it's not subject to pronunciation of individuals! As far as I am concerned, Sultan could as well be a supporter of BH or sympathetic to their cause. But it's the duty of GEJ, the dumb and retar&ded president, to act and and fish out the BH supporters!

You claim not to subscribe to any Religion and yet you claim to know the position of Islam on violence.

Grow up folk people are killing others in the name of Islam and it is down to the Muslim faith and their leader to condemn and denounce such movement. Silence means they agree with Boko Haram.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2011
Reggie2:

The presence of heavily armed American army and a line of supposedly green zone in Iraq did not stop suicide bombers from carrying out their mission. The same can be said of Pakistan and Afghanistan! Jonathan critics should also tell us if the the Americans are weak where supposedly humans decide to bomb themselves to hell by killing innocent people?

Truth is that when people without a mind and human value decide to go on a suicide mission, it takes the vigilance of everyone to make an impact. Those calling for the head of the incumbent president for a problem created over five decades are not sincere to themselves.

exactly!!!
This problem is a combination of 50years of leadership failure in Nigeria and thousands of years of propagation of hate religion.

The ball is in the court of Muslims. It is time for them to demonstrate that their religion is not blood thirsty by helping defeat Boko \Haram. I am no fan of Jonathan but we can not blame Jonathan alone for this issue. all hands must be on deck!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Outstrip(f): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
bayooooooo:

Fool, it's not the duty of Sultan to speak against Boko Haram! Just imagine for a second: Sultan could as well be the main financier of BH. Just as some generals were selling weapons from Nigerian amoury to MEND. It's the duty of your dumb and retar$ded president to fish out the perpetrators!

I am really shocked at what you are saying. It might not be his legal duty but certainly even you should admit that he has a moral obligation if not to Nigeria as a whole but to Nigerian muslims. Saying what he said on a day when something so horrible happened to a fellow Nigerians makes him a bad leader. It is almost as if the lives that were lost are not worth anything. You do what is right and not what you feel is your duty. This is truly the problem with Nigeria. People saying it is not my problem and point at someone else to handle it. The leaders are not doing it and the people support them in that line of thinking. How will things ever change
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
mikeansy:

You claim not to subscribe to any Religion and yet you claim to know the position of Islam on violence.

Grow up folk people are killing others in the name of Islam and it is down to the Muslim faith and their leader to condemn and denounce such movement. Silence means they agree with Boko Haram.

You do not have to be a Muslim to know what Islam is all about dude! 

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection." Quar'an 9:29

" Asking muslims to condemn acts of islamic terrorism will amount to asking them to denounce Islam, as terrorism, shedding of non-muslim blood, or jihad is TOTALLY qu'ranic and one of the Islamic symbols all over the world."

I still stand by my statement that Sultan has no business condemning BH. It is the duty of GEJ to guaranteed security for all or at least seen to be working in that direction, not looking for Sultan which if  found wanting should be called for questioning. That's the political will we all want the president to possess!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
Outstrip:

I am really shocked at what you are saying. It might not be his legal duty but certainly even you should admit that he has a moral obligation if not to Nigeria as a whole but to Nigerian muslims. Saying what he said on a day when something so horrible happened to a fellow Nigerians makes him a bad leader. It is almost as if the lives that were lost are not worth anything. You do what is right and not what you feel is your duty. This is truly the problem with Nigeria. People saying it is not my problem and point at someone else to handle it. The leaders are not doing it and the people support them in that line of thinking. How will things ever change

The problem with Nigeria is that people in authorities think exactly the same way you do! In all essential points, you have given Sultan a clean bill of health. What IF, he is responsible for all this mess? Your thinking is rather too shallow and utterly simplistic!

What is needed to be done is for the president to do his job or f$$king sack himself?
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by funshint(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2011
what do u expect from a typical northern muslim or their leaders, they will never say d truth. By d time Boko haram comes to bomb the sultan's palace I pray he'll still be alive to say nothing but d truth. Dividing this country is the only answer it's just a matter of time!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by nikky5(m): 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2011
All the northern leaders including the sultan are in support of the boko haramites.He believes that they are fighting the cause of allah.The unity of the brotherhood he is clamoring for is for every muslim to support what fellow muslim is doing whether good or bad.That is the reason he has not spoken against the boko haram.The unity among southern muslim will greatly help the activities of the jihadist all over the country.He is an hypocrite but God will put all of them to shame soonest.We are praying.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by splitnaija(m): 12:51am On Dec 27, 2011
funshint:

what do u expect from a typical northern muslim or their leaders, they will never say d truth. By d time Boko haram comes to bomb the sultan's palace I pray he'll still be alive to say nothing but d truth.[B] Dividing this country is the only answer it's just a matter of time![/b]
Thank you.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by bingils(m): 1:46am On Dec 27, 2011
I have a lot of tears in my eyes, reasons r I wonder wot wld have been the position of the founding fathers of our great nation,secondly how hatred 4 each others religion is spreading like wild fire,we r nigerians ol fighting to put something on the table meanwhile some of us would rather choose to bomb our fellow country men just to prove some points, well U̶̲̥̅̊ Xtian bigots that have found islam so disheartening should go to hell while the few of U̶̲̥̅̊ who think rational and stand 4 the unity of our country shld join hands n cleanse these menace that have befall our country, n U̶̲̥̅̊ the muslim brothers should also put our heads together to fight these ruthless pigs that have painted the religion in bad light, I strongly commend ur sense of maturity in handling these annoying insult from these good for nothing scumbags(bigots), we shall continue to pray 4 unity n prosperity of our dear nation! God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Bisijohn: 2:18am On Dec 27, 2011
I expect the like of Sultan, Saudi King,Adegbite,Buhari,Atiku,the proponent of violence change,Ciroma,Gusau to condemn this dastardly act in strong term. They have not except Buhari. Nemesis will definitely catch with whoever is financing this act of violence and killing. I do not know what they are trying to achieve.
They should prove to us that Islam is not religion of violence as they claim. Most violence in the world today are caused by this fanatics waging war that they can not win.

My problem with GEJ is that he doesn't see himself as the president of this country. Trust me, if it was Obasanjo, he would have dealt with this people severely. I strongly believe they are not faceless. Enough is enough! Goodluck should act fast.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Outstrip(f): 2:44am On Dec 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

The problem with Nigeria is that people in authorities think exactly the same way you do! In all essential points, you have given Sultan a clean bill of health. What IF, he is responsible for all this mess? Your thinking is rather too shallow and utterly simplistic!

What is needed to be done is for the president to do his job or f$$king sack himself?
You can't possobly be responding to what I wrote
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by beespak7(m): 6:51am On Dec 27, 2011
I smell a rat !! The sss should put this sultan under 24hr survielance for the next one year.Tap all his phone calls and monitor all his emails, Boko haram dey ooze from his mouth.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by lakecity: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2011
I feel some of us here have personal grudges with the Sultan. The theme of the programme the Sultan attended was not about terrorism. The man made the statement between 12pm and 1pm on 25/12/11 hence wouldnt have known there were bomb blasts on that day. This day wasnt the first day he would talk about terrorism. The man made the statement to support the submission of the person that spoke before him that the cause of BH has no basis in Islam even though they hide under the name. About the unity of a thing, when did that become a crime? He never asked the muslim youths he was addressing to unite against any other religions,the country or any other group of people. The Sultan is not the Commander-In-Chief of Armed Forces. He doesnt have the power to arrest or order the arrest of any criminal. He has discharged his duty by coming out to tell the people categorically that his religion does not approve of the activities of the BH. No right thinking person would support the activities for whatsoever reason!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by member479760: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2011
"The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Saad Abubakar III, on Sunday at Imolisa village, Ogun, expressed concern over what he described as the lack of unity among Muslims in the country. of unity among Muslims in the country."

The Sultan is another foolish man, indirectly telling other muslims in Nigeria to support BH and start killing, that is when he is going to perceive unity within them muslims.

He is one of the sponsor of BH, now he can't sleep running around and agitating for support, well children of Odua moved over long time. their days are numbered.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by ochukoccna: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2011
@ lakecity,
While it is true he is not the C-in-C,he's a VERY important Islamic voice apart from been a topshot military chap while still in service so he has a stake in security too.
What has he said to CONDEMN this murderers so far?
NOTHING!
When those who are supposed to speak truth to power keep silent over injustice &murder, something is wrong.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Starlett: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2011
Just like other prominent Muslim leaders the world over. they simply bury their head in the sand whenever gruesome acts of terrorism are perpetrated by their members, always living either in denial or in sheer cover-up. God will expose them all. No serious statement of condemnation, no serious steps to curb, (thought you were the supreme leader of all muslims in Naija?)

Well, I hear GEJ has invited him for talks in Aso Rock this morning, after which GEJ himself will make a statement (or address the nation). Let's see what happens,,
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by homerac7: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2011
@ lakecity,

I was following ur argument until u quoted d time stamp of d speech. Dt singularly makes d Sultan a bigger ideeot. Why, u ask? U quoted 12-1pm abi? But do u realize dt d blast took place at abt 8:30am? There's almost no way d Sultan hadn't known abt it by 10am, less 12pm. Then he went ahead at d heat of moment, while hs contemporaries were releasing categorical statements, he went dilly-dallying on d matter. So u see why he's a fool?

Yes he's not d president, but does he hav authority and influence over Islamic community in Nigeria? Please answer me my good Muslim brother,

Even d lesser authorities to him, d local Imams in their little ways r raising their voices over dt singular incident, will u say dats because they r president or state governors?

My brother, the Sultan is heavily culpable and has failed d Islamic community by not reacting appropriately to deflect ds terrible sentiment dt is bound to stick on. All blood on him
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2011
until boko haram step up their game and go after twats like this sultan, they will continue to flourish and proliferate. the sultan and the northern leadership, like gej are safely ensconced within multiple layers of human shields - not their problem. the deaths maiming , los of livelihood etal of their constituents mean nothing to them, because they are failures as human beings

the average northerner cannot be in support of boko haram (except when they stick it to the loathed security bullies) , because the average northerner is the victim in all of this.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Akanbiedu(m): 8:27am On Dec 27, 2011
*Yawns*

Sultan, The most prominent muslim leader in Nigeria decries lack of unity among muslims in Nigeria and that's supposed to be a crime?

You guys gotta be s-hi--ting me.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Reggie2(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2011
lakecity:

I feel some of us here have personal grudges with the Sultan. The theme of the programme the Sultan attended was not about terrorism. The man made the statement between 12pm and 1pm on 25/12/11 hence wouldnt have known there were bomb blasts on that day. This day wasnt the first day he would talk about terrorism. The man made the statement to support the submission of the person that spoke before him that the cause of BH has no basis in Islam even though they hide under the name.  About the unity of a thing, when did that become a crime? He never asked the muslim youths he was addressing to unite against any other religions,the country or any other group of people. The Sultan is not the Commander-In-Chief of Armed Forces. He doesnt have the power to arrest or order the arrest of any criminal. He has discharged his duty by coming out to tell the people categorically that his religion does not approve of the activities of the BH. No right thinking person would support the activities for whatsoever reason!

Are you in all sincerely credible even to yourself? Are you by your utterances showing brotherly concern for those callously killed in the name of Islam The criminals say
they are fighting for Islam. The onus is for other Muslims to condemn in the strongest terms the barbaric actions of these miscreants, starting from the Sultan.

Any right thinking person who is not blinded by religious garbs should know that the Sultan wields big influence over Muslim youths. That was why he was invited to give an address in the first instance. Islam is so vulnerable that if he tells northern youths to kill, they will follow his orders! Past records of riots in that part of the country can attest to this assertion.

Since he has no business with boko haram, he should have left them out of his speech! Instead he was calling for unity? Can you please explain to this forum what the tenets of this unity are? Are you, like your Sultan Master, sincere when you say that such a highly placed person did not hear about the bomb by midday?  

Can somebody please tell this forum why past leaders could not stop the police from openly extorting money on our roads? And why they could not stop alarming corruption? Was it because they were weak? I hate to hear people give credit to past leaders and turn around to castigate the incumbent president, weakness and all

It is one thing to call a spade a spade and another to give a dog a bad just to hang it. Whatever we do or say, truth shines like the sun.

May the Souls all those killed on Christmas Day rest in perfect peace and may they forgive those who killed them for the sake of ISLAM
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Kinikini: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2011
Quote from @bayooooo

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection." Quar'an 9:29

This is a age long hypocrisy. You have quoted out of context to justify your myopic view / stereotyping of Islam.  Much as you guys may derive joy in bashing muslims for the sins of a few bad eggs, do not ignore the fact that hatred only breed further hatred.  Islam does not support taking of innocent lives and terror.
There are good muslims all over the world and I wonder why you guys cannot look beyond the bad and appreciate positive contributions of good muslims.
At a time in the history of xtianity, wars were waged in the name of the cross in Europe and innocent people were killed. Xtianity has outlived this and Islam certainly will.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by 1luvkipsus: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2011
The sultan is d greatest problem and biggest threat to our unity,yet he's been treated wit kid glove.he knows so much abt boko haram and all d islamic millitant groups troubling us in dis country.he's insincere,wicked and vry dubious.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Kinikini: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2011
Honestly folks,

How can a call for unity among muslims be regarded as a call for BH? Incredible.

Why not direct your anger at the right authority you invested the responsiblity to protect you. I gues the beaf and Leomax will be smiling that the Nigerian fools again fell for religious bigotry and ddeflected the heat from their principal. Blaming people who have no authority to solve our problems for the problems is totally myopic.

22 Million Nigerian gave GEJ the mandate to protect the lives of Nigerians. If he is not delivering, why can't we demand performance? When are we going to be objective in Nigeria.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2011
Unity amongst muslims = A call to rally behind boko haram by spornsors.
Boko Haram is their present division and they need all muslims to support dem.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by homerac7: 9:26am On Dec 27, 2011
@ kini kini

It's either u don't understand d substance of ds matter or u r just being insincere or both.

Jonathan's incompetence is stamped and done deal.

What's being discussed here in d Sultan's refusal to perform his obligation to d Muslim world, d nation and humanity. This refusal to take a stand itself is a stand,but a fooolish one dt will do no one any good. He has an obligation and he must act.

Hav u seen d statements by Vatican, Britain, AU, ACN et al ? Where's d Sultan's? Or will u still claim hes unconcerned when crime has been commited in name of Islam?
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2011
They (muslims) should all unite and form their own sharia republic north of the Niger.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by juce: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2011
The presidency needs to take a very decisive and clear steps to quell this dissidents no matter whose ox is gored.

and the muslim community has not done enough to prove that these rogues do not have their blessings.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Kinikini: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2011
@homerac7

Since Jonathan's incompetence is a done deal and we now look at the Sultan to stop BH? Can we hand the authourity to act to the Sultan if your logic will have substance. Please read through the statement credited to sultan at the begining of this post. Please read below what the Sultan said about violence in this same post.

''Speaking on extremism and violence in the country, he said Islam was never in support of those who use violence to achieve their aims. aims.''

I also know the Sultan have on many occaasions spoken out against violence, terror and extremism. Like babaearly said, has any of the haters here risen to support the families of those have been gunned down by BH for speaking out against the group. If the Sultan fears for his life, would you advise him to speak out so loud as to be targetted and killed if he were your father? You want him to be bold but how many of the posters here are bold to come out to participate in peaceful rallies? The oil subsidy rallies are may be coming, how many of you are ready to show the bravery you ask the Sultan to do?

I insist our way to finding end to terror lies not with the Sultan but the authority empowered to protect our lives and properties. As long as we don't demand performance from such people and allow our passion, age long bias and sentiment to erode our reasons, we will be in the same unprogressive spot.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by aljharem3: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2011
[size=17pt]SULTAN IS THE NOT THE MOST PROMINENT MUSLIM LEADER !!!!![/size]

people please get that into your heads. He is a Sultan of his Emirs and not Sultan of Muslims in Nigeria or any where. He is a traditional-political leader not religious leader.

He can exercise his power with his emirs not all the Muslims in Nigeria.

Now that is established

How do people expect Sultan to talk about boko haram ?

Who wants to die ?

people please lets be reasonable here, we have a president and a commander in chief. Why can't he use the power and command the military to fish out this boko haram people ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspect Arrested For The Abduction Of Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother / Agba Jalingo: SERAP Drags FG, Cross River To ECOWAS Court / Lagos Approves 33% Increase In Pension For State Pensioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.