Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan (10495 Views)

Obasanjo Visits Oba AbdulRasheed Of Iwo,Preaches Peace, Unity Among Yorubas(Pics / Kenyan Presidential Aspirant Decries Lack Of Handsome Men In Kenya / Ooni Preaches Unity Among Yoruba Leaders For Yorubaland's Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by NegroNtns(m): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2011
lmao@baba's comment. They detonate the ink in their pens, sending shrapnels of pain and humiliation into the hearts of their opponents!! grin grin
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Kinikini: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nigerians never cease to get it wrong on issues despite a belated high self perception.

Sultan has condemned terror many times yet it did not stop. Whose responsibility is it to secure lifes in this country? Sultan / govt? Do you blame Oritsejafor for the sins of all xtians or suppose xtians? If there is proper policing in this country leading to the arrest of the true boko haram, whatever the sultan says will be inconsequential. You guys flogging the eminent sultan are reacting to govt failures and not to the sultan's statement.
Let us learn to be objective as spewing hates will only worsen our already fragile unity.
We need common sense from the leadership and followers to turn things round in this country. More importantly, the Nigeria belongs to Muslims,xtians and others and we should not push ourselves to another Rwandan / somalia .
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
The Sultan of Sokoto's problem seems more like simple, basic cowardice to me. He's pu.ssyfooting around this Boko Haram issue because he doesn't want them to come after him. Which is a shame considering the fact that he retired as a full Colonel of the Nigerian Army
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by adamaw2tuf: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
IF HE KNEW THAT ISLAM WAS FORCED DOWN THE HIS ANCESTORS THROAT WITH A SHARPLY FILED DAGGER THEN HE WOULD UNDERSTAND OR WOULDNT BE SAYING RUBBISH AT ALL,AS FOR HIM LIFTING THE SPIRIT OF HIS ALMAJIRIS THAT THEY ARE THE MAJORITY IN THE COUNTRY,I THINK HE FORGOT TO ADD/MENTION TCHAD AND NIGER REP HE RIGHTFULLY BELONG.WAIT A MINUTE ARE PEOPLE REALLY WAITING FOR VAMPIRES LIKE THE SULTAN TO ACTUALLY DO OR SAY ANY THING THAT STOP THESE PEOPLE THINKING THEY ARE NOT SUPERIOR TO EVERYBODY JUST LIKE THEIR NAZI BROTHER? I CAN UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHY MEN LIKE KADUNA NZEOGWU COULDNT TOOK THE DECISION THEY TOOK BACK IN THE DAYS AGAINST THESE SOKOTO BORN DEVILISH MEN.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by EMANY01(m): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
Islam religion of peace :if everybody else is dead
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by otokx(m): 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
Let us not incite hate but weigh our words and also look at the context in which the sultan spoke.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by EzeUche(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
Who would want to live in the North? undecided
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by homerac7: 6:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
It's plain silly and mischievous for someone to come out and say dt d Sultan can afford to hide his head In his anus at ds time because he's not d president. If I'm correct, there's something u call stakeholders in government of which Sultan is one by virtue of his position as leader of largest Muslim congregation in Africa, not just Nigeria, and also a first class traditional ruler. He controls largest kingdom in d nation through his Sultanate over d emirs and their emirates. By virtue of these he can't stand away! People hav died from crime committed in name of Islam, he starts speaking wt cheek in tongue and you say its all right? R u serious?

Everybody has his job cut out for him in government. U can't shy away from responsibilties at critical time as ds and want to people to recognize ur authority by d same office, no, u can't! Maybe he should also start forfeiting his privileges. His refusal to take stand simply gives legitimacy for d aggrived to seek redress et "whosoever" dey suspect. Imagine what dt could resort to! Now is time of his essence, speak out now or remain irrelevant forever, but let all d blood be upon him!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by EzeUche(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2011
homerac7:

It's plain silly and mischievous for someone to come out and say dt d Sultan can afford to hide his head In his anus at ds time because he's not d president. If I'm correct, there's something u call stakeholders in government of which Sultan is one by virtue of his position as leader of largest Muslim congregation in Africa, not just Nigeria, and also a first class traditional ruler. He controls largest kingdom in d nation through his Sultanate over d emirs and their emirates. By virtue of these he can't stand away! People hav died from crime committed in name of Islam, he starts speaking wt cheek in tongue and you say its all right? R u serious?

Everybody has his job cut out for him in government. U can't shy away from responsibilties at critical time as ds and want to people to recognize your authority by d same office, no, u can't! Maybe he should also start forfeiting his privileges. His refusal to take stand simply gives legitimacy for d aggrived to seek redress et "whosoever" dey suspect. Imagine what dt could resort to! Now is time of his essence, speak out now or remain irrelevant forever, but let all d blood be upon him!

Great post!
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by achinu(m): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
The only time the so called imbeciles calling themselves the northern elite is when the Christians attack Muslims & inflict major damage is when they speak up against religious violence. They sultan cannot speak up against what he secretly condones, at least that is how it seems when they make statements like what he said. SMH, time will expose all these hypocrites  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
otokx:

Let us not incite hate but weigh our words and also look at the context in which the sultan spoke.

Go f**k yourself. Muslim scum.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Outstrip(f): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
So he publicly admitted that he does not believe that Boko Haram is a terrosist organization. They are just being set up abi? PUBLICLY. I weep for that country
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by splitnaija(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2011
The Sultan & Boko Haram are jihadists and lovers of violence just like the founder of Islam -prophet Muhammad (may piss be upon him).
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by juman(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2011
The Sultan has been always trying to unify the muslim of the north and the south since he became sultan.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by muyoto: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
maclatunji:

I could not have put it better. I am firmly convinced the Sultan is having nightmares over Boko Haram just like GEJ. These guys are proving to be really deadly and are rendering our Armed Forces ineffective! The man is hanging on for survival.

Where our security agencies have shown to be no match for BH, I really wonder what people are expecting a defenseless Sultan to do.

In saner climes where Islamic clerics came out to unequivocally repudiate the brand of Islam being peddled by the extremists, they (clerics) were assured of their security should reprisals occur. Can the same be said for our dear country?

call him a coward if you like, but the man is simply not in the mood to render his wives premature widows, especially on account of government's security ineptitude.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Outstrip(f): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
juman:

The Sultan has been always trying to unify the muslim of the north and the south since he became sultan.

How can you talk about unification of northern and southern muslims and in the same breath support boko haram. Southern muslims are not violent and it is quite scary that a man who is in support of boko haram is trying to unify anything. With people like these supporting boko haram publicly and then we have half brained gej at the helm I am very scared for Nigeria. Buhari would have been a billion times better than gej. Anybody is better that gej
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Loveaflame(m): 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
May God help this nation.Their is no time this nation will split,it is only a matter of time.Let them continue with their secret agendas.With time they will have their own country to rule,then they can decide to Islamise it.Till then God will frustrate all the evil ambitions of the haters of this great nation Nigeria
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
muyoto:

Where our security agencies have shown to be no match for BH, I really wonder what people are expecting a defenseless Sultan to do.

In saner climes where Islamic clerics came out to unequivocally repudiate the brand of Islam being peddled by the extremists, they (clerics) were assured of their security should reprisals occur. Can the same be said for our dear country?

call him a coward if you like, but the man is simply not in the mood to render his wives premature widows, especially on account of government's security ineptitude.

then like gej, the man should get out  what is it with these good for nothings - do they think titled positions are all a bout the perks only? so why is the man the 'leader of muslims in nigeria' (whatever that means). does he think leadership is about tucking your tail between your legs when danger is around the corner. i swear, these Northern leaders are failures over and over again. they do not stand for anything. if anything they compete with gej for idiotic statements - which foo-ol was it that said the murder of youth corpers was their destiny then turned round to apologise to bh? and when you travel through the north, you see their billboards with manic chest beating the lion of so and so. more like the rat .

i'm really sad for the north. their leaders have collectively failed them, and their leaders are the bastard parents of BH. as always, it is the common man that gets screwed over.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by POTUT(m): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
I have never met the sultan. But I only need to hear him speak to know him.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by ib0221: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
How do we conceptualise fool?A sultan is a muslim n ethnic leader and his speech will be guided as such. A are blurred by your eccentricism n bigotry. Mr president is the one that fails in his responsibility to engage n consult.Was that the way his boss handled ND case?Jonathan knows as well as shakers the actual perpetrators.Pres', sultan, parties' and movers' speeches always reveal facts but many cannot see because of self-inflicted blindness of ethnicity n religion. We should all demand action from pres
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by muhsin(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
It saddens me seeing how Nairaland is always becoming a secured flatform for dunces and denses and tribal bigots who can't think over things and reason for a second. Say the fukk you wanna say; it doesn't make and will not make any difference.
I wonder: everything Islam and North is the most detested thing here. Boko Haram does not represent Islam. Does Crusaders action reflect Christianity? Most of the foools know that they are telling lies, but for the sake of seeking attention and befitting the larger scene they go on saying it. Pity. Though it's lack of meaningful things to do in life. Do it. Continue. It's a job for loosers.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by POTUT(m): 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2011
[Quote[He said although Muslims were in the majority in Nigeria they could not speak with one voice because they were not united.[quote][/Quote]

Based on what statistics? Does speaking with one voice mean agreeing to Islamize Nigeria because you are in the majority? As some northern muslims have strongly criticized Boko Haram, is this the premise upon which he is hinting at disunity?

[Quote]
Abubakar, however, said that there was hope as Muslim leaders had identified the problems and were finding solutions to them.[/Quote]
Such identified problems include bombing Sambo's house because he is running with a southerner.

[Quote]
“When did Boko Haram become an octopus with so many tentacles?

“When people commit crimes these days they hide under the name of boko haram" the Sultan lamented. (NAN)

vanguardngr.com/2011/12/sultan-descries-lack-of-unity-among-muslims/[/Quote]

Is this his condemnation of BH, or envy that BH has become more popular than him, or a statement of approval for BH's bombing of Police HQ & UN building?
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by noiseless: 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2011
So traveled all the way to ogun state in southern nigeria to be saying all these crap that muslims in the country are not united,was he indirectly saying that our southern muslim brothers should start behaving like his northern flocks,in other words unity in his war against none muslims,hello is this his aim of visit to the south to tell the southern muslims to join boko haram or what? are muslims fighting each other that a man of his status complains about muslims and the lack of unity amongst them at this critical time in the land?
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by guonno: 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2011
Fvck the sultan, fvck islam, fvck all immam, fvck muhammad, fvck muslims. The sulutan pretends as though he knows nothing about what is happening. He want to ogun abi na ondo state? I thank God my people have nothing to do with islam.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by juman(m): 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2011
Outstrip:

How can you talk about unification of northern and southern muslims and in the same breath support boko haram. Southern muslims are not violent and it is quite scary that a man who is in support of boko haram is trying to unify anything. With people like these supporting boko haram publicly and then we have half brained gej at the helm I am very scared for Nigeria. Buhari would have been a billion times better than gej. Anybody is better that gej

It's clear that many "leaders" in the country are afraid of condemning the Boko guys in clear times.

The government should try many ways to solve the problem.

The Boko guys are angry like other nigerians about the situation in the country. 

But killing our people is not the solution.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by juman(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
noiseless:

So traveled all the way to ogun state in southern nigeria to be [b]saying all these crap that muslims in the country are not united,[/b]was he indirectly saying that our southern muslim brothers should start behaving like his northern flocks,in other words unity in his war against none muslims,hello is this his aim of visit to the south to tell the southern muslims to join boko haram or what? are muslims fighting each other that a man of his status complains about muslims and the lack of unity amongst them at this critical time in the land?

You know our typical leaders in nigeria are useless.

In this period of semi-anarchy, talking about muslim unity is less important, but he was much more concern about one nigeria than other things.

The most important issue on our table now is security not muslim unity.

But before problems started he performed well on muslims unity in the country.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
he is an slowpoke and a terrorist. He wants to go south and unite his people in the fight against the 'infidels'. Idiot. Guys there are not that dumb I think.
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by T8ksy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
Guys isn’t it comical that of all the evils bedevilling our nation presently, the sultan can only emphasise the lack of unity among Nigerian muslims. This mofo came down to yorubaland to decry the need for unity between northern muslims and their Yoruba counterpart but didn’t see anything wrong nor did he do/say anything to stop his northern muslims from butchering Yoruba muslims in their region.

I tell you guys, the sarduanna’s message is very well loaded. This man is preparing for something grand and has just use this opportunity to solicit the help of Yoruba muslims in actualising his ulterior motive.
I know for sure that it will never work. No Yoruba muslim will align with the northerners against his own people. Not to mention the fact that there are scores of Yoruba muslims who have lost dear ones to the activities of BH in recent past.

Someone ought to inform this slowpoke that there is northern like Nigerian muslims rather what we have is northern muslims and Yoruba muslims and that’s the way its going to be, whether he likes it or not. If he likes, he can show us his true color by declaring jihad on yorubaland and see if Yoruba muslims will rally round to his dumb clarion call.

Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Detongue: 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2011
Dis is d stupidity we are talking about our leaders, dis so called fool dat his ppl instal as sultan is a disgrace. As a rtd military man, i won't b surprise dat he is a sponsor of dis demonic group. D lunatics dat he breeds has produce many demons, how can demons unite. God go punish am and his demon boko haram
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by ochukoccna: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
Lack of unifying around the table of jihad?
What a @!#$%?
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by dick2011: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2011
I think it is not the fault of this sultan,its the fault of your president.The sultan was dancing around the issue at hand if you watch is mood, he seems happy because this is another job well done.He is free say what he likes because he is among the un-touchables.
To the truth, GEJ, is very very weak to the point that he is confused.He is even afraid to do his Job as a president whose one his duties is to protect the lives of Nigerians.The Muslims have exposed him.
I thought is from the Eastern part of Nigeria or is father From North.
Take example of the Late President or General Sani Abacha, a Kanuri from Borno by tribe.He demonstrated how these Sultan are treat if they drive their mouth rough.He a Muslim did not fear them he removed the sultan because it was his duties and responsibility to protect Nigeria with whatever tool he has which include removing mis guided sultan like this one.
General Sani Abacha,also demonstrated that nobody is above the law by dealing with those he suspect of creating disunity of Nigeria starting with putting those that thought that are above the law out of circulation for long time and some for life.
Look at the Muslim leader instead of calling for peace or condemn this Islamic act in the conference or whatever they doing, a true leader of type should have use his position to talk about stopping these senseless killings with true honesty and fear of God.
GEJ, is like a kid to these Islamic or Muslims leaders, they are very sure of weakness.So expect more killings Under his Administration.His is very slow and weak and also metally sick.
I wish there is a provision in our law which allow for urgent election, he would know he failed his people.
GEJ, is a truly a lucky man
Re: Sultan Decries Lack Of Unity Among Muslims: Fooolish Sultan by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
T8ksy:

Guys isn’t it comical that of all the evils bedevilling our nation presently, the sultan can only emphasise the lack of unity among Nigerian muslims. This mofo came down to yorubaland to decry the need for unity between northern muslims and their Yoruba counterpart but didn’t see anything wrong nor did he do/say anything to stop his northern muslims from butchering Yoruba muslims in their region.

I tell you guys, the sarduanna’s message is very well loaded. This man is preparing for something grand and has just use this opportunity to solicit the help of Yoruba muslims in actualising his ulterior motive.
I know for sure that it will never work. No Yoruba muslim will align with the northerners against his own people. Not to mention the fact that there are scores of Yoruba muslims who have lost dear ones to the activities of BH in recent past.

Someone ought to inform this slowpoke that there is northern like Nigerian muslims rather what we have is northern muslims and Yoruba muslims and that’s the way its going to be, whether he likes it or not. If he likes, he can show us his true color by declaring jihad on yorubaland and see if Yoruba muslims will rally round to his dumb clarion call.

Fool, it's not the duty of Sultan to speak against Boko Haram! Just imagine for a second: Sultan could as well be the main financier of BH. Just as some generals were selling weapons from Nigerian amoury to MEND. It's the duty of your dumb and retar$ded president to fish out the perpetrators!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic / Jonathan And The $31bn Question - El Rufai / We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.