Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Continue The (Lola) Story - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Continue The (Lola) Story (44598 Views)

Lola Shoneyin Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences / Continue The Story (Umuata) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
cry
Efemena_xy:
No. No. No. No.
y? Y? Y? Y? Pls naw
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
Lyzbet: cry
y? Y? Y? Y? Pls naw

Fear dey catch Efemena.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^ Ha!

Nice try, but I'm not rising to the bait. It's boring having to weave the story alone. Let others spice it up jor. cheesy
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by maclatunji: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
Keep writing others will join you. I am too busy.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
No.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Uncle Efemena, if u continue d story, I wil buy u cheese balls *sobs and sighs*
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^ shocked shocked shocked

I'm female.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
Holy Mary!! OMG!! Am so very sowie, ma'am. I hope my apology is acceptd. Ndo, biko.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
No worries smiley
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 2:10am On Nov 09, 2012
Efemena_xy: No worries smiley

Thx
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by An0nimus: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2012
The suspense is killing...spectators make una help na..I get Efe's point. Even if na just one xtra contribution, she go continuewink..Story is on point!
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Ice4jez(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
just finish the story in my head.cos this is d end here
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
A saying goes thus; if you want to read a book that as not been written, write it. Madams Efe and Oluchi and all co-authors, pls criticise constructively. i hope i did a good job.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
Efemena_xy:

***********************************************************************************************************

The feel of the hot, humid November afternoon heat on her skin, as they stepped out of the cool hospital building was a shock to her system. Although it was just three o'clock in the afternoon, it felt like it was noonday and Lola could feel herself starting to perspire under the direct rays of the sun.

Away from the confines of the hospital and the constraints of doctor-patient professionalism, Kingsley could let his guard down a bit more. He wanted more than ever, more than the living breath he drew in, to suddenly hold, hug and clasp Lola tightly to himself. He so much wanted to close that one inch distance between them, place his arms behind her waist and pull her body close to him...so close that they could feel their hearts beating against each other as though as one, in perfect unison. The need was so tangible that it hurt and he didn't know how much longer he could bear the torture of having her this close, oh so close to him but yet far. With superhuman effort, he willed himself to hold back. He had only just found her and he certainly didn't want to risk scaring her away from him.

As they made their way towards Kingsly's sleek ivory coloured Lexus CT 200h, hybrid luxary compact car, parked under the shade of a mango tree, Lola let out a surprised gasp as she beheld the item of beauty. She stood rooted to the ground in awe as Kingsley outstretched an arm and unlocked the doors remotely.

"Like it?" He asked, smiling at her as she stared mesmerized by it.

"Er..yes...it IS beautiful" She answered, shyly. He seems to have come a long way in just three years, she thought to herself.

"Thanks". Nudging her gently towards the passenger seat, he opened up the door for her, holding her hand as she settled in the car. Once seated, he gently closed the door then walked round to the driver's seat.

"This is just one of the perks that comes with the consultancy position I hold in the hospital, Lola" he said in a quiet, almost sad tone to her, as they both fastened their seat belts. But all of these mean absolutely nothing to me if I don't have you, my darling, to share them with he thought silently to himself, as he turned on the ignition switch.

As she fastened her seatbelt, Kingley switched on the air conditioning and slipped in AZ's CD rendition of the musical last night. Lola drew a sudden sharp intake of breath as she recognized the sultry tunes of the R'n B hit track. It was the same track they'd both been listening that faithful night their daughter, Sandra was conceived. She could feel the tears hotly sting the back of her eyes as the memories of that passion-filled night came rushing back, flooding her senses.

She half turned in her seat to find Kingsley watching her intently.

"Lola", his voice broke, thick with unbridled passion, as he leaned towards her, gently holding her hands in his again like he had done earlier that morning. "Do you remember this song? Our Song?"

She nodded, not trusting her self to speak coherently as she was struggling to hold herself from breaking down before him. She used all her inner will strength to stop herself from reaching out her hand to gently caress his face. It was a vain effort as she suddenly gave in to the temptation, and gently placed her palm on his cheek.

That was all the encouragement he needed and with a groan wrenched from deep within him, he held both her hands and covered them with kisses

"Lola...my darling...my sweet baby...I've missed you so much..."

Lola gently pulled her hand away from his kisses. She was weak within. She couldn’t continue to bear it. ‘’I want to go home’’, she said, and relaxed her body into the seat. I can’t go through this again, she thought to herself. I just can’t. But you love him. Do I? No, I don’t. Her mind fought back and forth with the thought of loving Kingsley or not. She was lost in her thoughts and didn’t hear him mutter “I’m sorry”. She was jolted from her thoughts when he started the car. The journey home was almost quiet. Kingsley had the urge to talk to her but he knew this wasn’t the right time.
A few minutes from home, he softly asked, “Lola, I want to see you again.” She swallowed.
“Why”, she asked.
He sighed,” I have a lot to tell you, we have a lot to talk about but I don’t want to rush you I just...” His words faded with his voice. It was difficult for him too. He knew it was hard for her too.
“Please, I really need to talk to you, I really want to see you again, but you need to rest, I’ll check on you next week, may we can work something out then.” All she said was “ok”. She wanted to see him too. “Thank you”, he said politely. He then took her hand and kissed the back of her palm, it sent familiar shivers down her spine.
The crowd in the front of the Olatunji’s were talking endlessly as the Lexus slowed down in front of the house and stopped, several pairs of eyes were fixed on the vehicle that had just arrived and their minds were wondering who it is, until Lola stepped out of the car. The noise was as loud as that of a stadium, especially when a goal had just been scored.
”Welcome”, ”sorry o”, ”pele”, ”ndo”, ”sonu”, even the mallam who sells petty things was there to welcome her.
It was shocking. This was the same neighborhood that looked at her with scorn and gossiped behind her whenever she walked passed.
Her parents came out of the house on hearing the noise. Her father stepped out first, carrying Sandra. Immediately, Sandra saw her mother she screamed, ” Mummy!.” Mr. Olatunji put the little girl on the floor and she ran towards her mother. Lola lifted her up in her hands and kissed her. Sandra hugged her mother tight and whispered, “I miss u, mummy”, “I missed you too”, Lola replied. Mr. Olatunji patted Lola on her back and gave her a warm embrace and walked toward Kingsley to welcome him and thank him for bringing his daughter home.
Mrs Olatunji moved towards her daughter and hugged her, almost choking her. “Lola, oko mi, pele, aahh, oju e re.” “Ese o, e ku idide o”’, she turned to the well-wishers, thanking them and indirectly telling them to go back to their homes.
“Let’s go inside”, Mr. Olatunji urged his family and their guest. Kingsley kept staring at Sandra. He could not understand. Lola has a child? Is she now married? He mind kept on asking questions as they all stepped into the living room.
The smelled of the ogbono soup filled the air. ‘Hmm’, Lola sighed. It was so good to be home.
“Our doctor” said Mrs. Olatunji to Kingsley, “come and sit. Lola, you too sit. I have prepared food for you”, and she hurried into the kitchen.
“Ma, you don’t… Kinsley started but was cut short by Mr Olatunji’s “no, no, no, you have to eat. My son, do you know what you have done for me? You can’t understand. You have given me back my daughter, and what do I give you in return, a plate of meal? That’s not even worth a minute fraction of her life. Please you have to eat, besides, my wife has been preparing all day. Please.” Kingsley had no more to say, he had no choice. The table was set before him. The aroma was inviting. It was irresistible. He silently thanked god that Lola’s father had persuaded him .he watched Lola and her daughter as they ate. His questions began to fill his head again. He couldn’t comprehend it.
After a little talk about his demanding job, the country’s politics and the educational sector with
Lola’s father, Kingsley rose up to leave. He turned to Lola and asked,”Can I have your number, I need to check on you occasionally, to ensure you are using your medication.”
Immediately, Lola recalled everything that happened the night she fainted and remembered the most important thing, her interview! Her mother who had been watching her face calmed her, “don’t worry, everything is alright.” Her father turned to Kingsley,”let me give it to you.” After the exchange of numbers and pleasantries, Kingsley got into his car and drove off.
When her parents came in after seeing Kingsley off, Lola asked,”mummy, where is my phone.” Her father interjected, “Lola, you have to rest like the doctor advised.”
“But I need to check my mail”, Lola protested, “I need to know the outcome of the interview I went for two weeks ago.” Two weeks ago, would hold down a job for two weeks”, her mother argued.
Lola sighed, maybe they were right, she thought. She drifted into sleep with her daughter in her arms.
Back in the kitchen, Lola’s mother asked her husband, ‘did you notice any resemblance between Sandra and the doctor’,
“ The doctor? “ Lola’s father looked puzzled.
“Yes, the doctor, I’m going to ask Lola about it, and I keep wondering how she knew his name at the hospital. I hope she remembers. ”
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Cuddlemii: 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
^Hmmm...why have you not been writing before now?
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Hoyeenz(f): 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
@Lyzbet U̶̲̥̅̊ R̶̲̥̅̊ jez 2gud wink@Lyzbet U̶̲̥̅̊ R̶̲̥̅̊ jez 2gud
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Cuddlemii: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hoyeenz: @Lyzbet U̶̲̥̅̊ R̶̲̥̅̊ jez 2gud wink@Lyzbet U̶̲̥̅̊ R̶̲̥̅̊ jez 2gud

We just discovered another talent on heresmiley.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
@cuddlemii, was it dat gud? Seriously, l need 2 kw, bt l dnt think l was.
Thx, Hoyeenz
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Cuddlemii: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
Lyzbet: @cuddlemii, was it dat gud? Seriously, l need 2 kw, bt l dnt think l was.
Thx, Hoyeenz

I think you should space it out a little. Your work will be easier to appreciate that way.
If this is your first time, then you have the talent.
I will read it again and give my review on it.
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by avicky(f): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Oh Lyzee baby... I'm giving u a 21 gun salute!
U did beautifully well.
Pls continue, so dt u can be more relaxed.

Efe, where are thou?
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
^^ Present! Ma!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by avicky(f): 5:09am On Nov 14, 2012
Ok. Sit down like a good girl that u are and continue d story. Or else....?
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Ice4jez(m): 11:41am On Nov 14, 2012
efe i no go touch garri until u continue .and u know how hard he be to miss G4
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Lyzbet: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Some one should please continue this story naw sad cry
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by avicky(f): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lyzbet: Some one should please continue this story naw sad cry
U too continue naw... Sil vous plait!
Let's feel ur vibes again. Merci!
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 1:04am On Nov 17, 2012
@ Lyzbet, avicky & Ice4jez:

I promise, promise, promise...I'll continue the story soon. Just been a bit busy of late but nothing do una cheesy smiley
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 1:10am On Nov 18, 2012
Efemena_xy: Amaka impatiently beeped her horn as she waited for Hassan to unlock the massive gates that led to her home.

Heck! It was just gone past six-thirty and she had quite a lot of preparatory work to do before the arrival of their guests. Although her day had started off a bit slow and sluggishly, things had gradually picked up shortly after Uche's phone call that morning. Her stint at the hair dresser's beauty saloon had been eventful. A bit too eventful for her liking.

Against her better judgement, Amaka had decided to try out a newly opened saloon, situated at one of the posher ends of the city, on Kemi's recommendation. The beauty saloon had been teaming with an unusual large number of customers that afternoon and having only an hour of her lunch break to spare, Amaka had been pressed for time. She had stood undecided at the doorway, contemplating making an exit to her usual hairdressers, when the proprietress, a friendly lady in her mid thirties walked up to her.

"Hello madam, welcome to simply divine. Can I be of assistance to you?" She asked in impeccable English.

"Er, yes. I was hoping to have a quick wash and set with some hair conditioning too. But I see it's really busy here and I've only got an hour to spare", she answered.

"Ah! On your lunch break then, are you?" The lady smiled sweetly at her. "Not a problem madam, I'll ask one of my girls to assist you", she added.

"Thanks, that would be nice", Amaka responded.

"Here, let me help you with your coat and bag. Would you like to have your hair steamed too?" She offered, looking at Amaka's hair. "You do have beautifully long tresses" she added impressively. "I bet they would look even better with a bit of dry steaming", she continued. "And it won't cost you a Naira more, as it's part of our special promotional offer", she added.

"Ah! Now you've got me hooked. Yes, that sounds good to me, as long as it won't take more than an hour", Amaka conceded.

"Nope, that won't be a problem" the lady answered. "By the way, my name is Stella but most people call me Iya Samuel" she added, stretching a friendly hand to Amaka.

"I'm Amaka, and it's a pleasure to meet you", Amaka responded, accepting the the handshake.

Amaka beeped her horn once more, slightly irritated at Hassan's delayed response. Where on earth was he? Sleeping at his post again? At this time of the day?

"Hassan!" She called out impatiently. Why can't Uche install one of those modern day, electronic gates? She wondered for the umpteenth time. That would certainly save her the daily ritual of yelling for the gate man to do his job.

"Haaaaaasssaaaaaaaaaaan!!"

"Maaaaaaaaaaa!" Came a slurred response and shuffling of feet on the gravel laden driveway, from behind the huge metal gates. The dull clang of metal bolts sliding back against metal, greeted her ears as the gates swung open, to reveal an elderly man in his late fifties looking slightly dishevelled.

"Haba! What took you so long?" She asked him. "Were you sleeping?"

"No madam", he hastily replied, eyes averted from Amaka's searching stare, as he shifted his weight uncomfortably from one foot to the other. "I ... I ... dey inside the boys quaters...", he stuttered uncomfortably, as he nervously scratched the back of his head.

"Doing?" She queried.

"I... be get visitor from village, madam. Dem no tell me say dem dey come. Na family member, come so..." He usually switched to pidgin whenever he felt uneasy.

Amaka felt sorry for him and her initial vexation with him quickly evaporate away. He was the longest serving and most trustworthy employee they had. Well into his fifties with grown up children, he was still responsible for training and educating a good number of his nephews and nieces. It was hard for her to stay angry with him for long.

"It's okay Hassan, never mind. But I need you to help me take some of the shopping inside", she added.

"Yes madam", he replied as she drove through the huge driveway, past the swimming pool, to one of their three garages. He quickly closed and locked up the gates once more, before running to meet Amaka, in front of the garage.

"Madam had a good day at work?", he politely asked as he heaved a couple of bags from the car boot.

"Yes, it was fine thanks", she absent mindedly responded as she took out her keys from her coat pocket to unlock the front door. She stepped into the large spacious rooms of her home while Hassan followed at a respectful distance, as she made it to the kitchen.

"Would madam be needing anything else?" he asked, as he placed her shopping bags on the newly installed kitchen work table.

"No, no... that should be fine. Thanks Hassan", she responded with a quick smile.

"Okay, then madam", he replied with a slight bow, as he left the kitchen and headed back towards the front door.

As Amaka absent mindedly unpacked her shopping, her mind drifted to the day's activities earlier that afternoon...

Lyzbet:

Lola gently pulled her hand away from his kisses. She was weak within. She couldn’t continue to bear it. ‘’I want to go home’’, she said, and relaxed her body into the seat. I can’t go through this again, she thought to herself. I just can’t. But you love him. Do I? No, I don’t. Her mind fought back and forth with the thought of loving Kingsley or not. She was lost in her thoughts and didn’t hear him mutter “I’m sorry”. She was jolted from her thoughts when he started the car. The journey home was almost quiet. Kingsley had the urge to talk to her but he knew this wasn’t the right time.
A few minutes from home, he softly asked, “Lola, I want to see you again.” She swallowed.
“Why”, she asked.
He sighed,” I have a lot to tell you, we have a lot to talk about but I don’t want to rush you I just...” His words faded with his voice. It was difficult for him too. He knew it was hard for her too.
“Please, I really need to talk to you, I really want to see you again, but you need to rest, I’ll check on you next week, may we can work something out then.” All she said was “ok”. She wanted to see him too. “Thank you”, he said politely. He then took her hand and kissed the back of her palm, it sent familiar shivers down her spine.
The crowd in the front of the Olatunji’s were talking endlessly as the Lexus slowed down in front of the house and stopped, several pairs of eyes were fixed on the vehicle that had just arrived and their minds were wondering who it is, until Lola stepped out of the car. The noise was as loud as that of a stadium, especially when a goal had just been scored.
”Welcome”, ”sorry o”, ”pele”, ”ndo”, ”sonu”, even the mallam who sells petty things was there to welcome her.
It was shocking. This was the same neighborhood that looked at her with scorn and gossiped behind her whenever she walked passed.
Her parents came out of the house on hearing the noise. Her father stepped out first, carrying Sandra. Immediately, Sandra saw her mother she screamed, ” Mummy!.” Mr. Olatunji put the little girl on the floor and she ran towards her mother. Lola lifted her up in her hands and kissed her. Sandra hugged her mother tight and whispered, “I miss u, mummy”, “I missed you too”, Lola replied. Mr. Olatunji patted Lola on her back and gave her a warm embrace and walked toward Kingsley to welcome him and thank him for bringing his daughter home.
Mrs Olatunji moved towards her daughter and hugged her, almost choking her. “Lola, oko mi, pele, aahh, oju e re.” “Ese o, e ku idide o”’, she turned to the well-wishers, thanking them and indirectly telling them to go back to their homes.
“Let’s go inside”, Mr. Olatunji urged his family and their guest. Kingsley kept staring at Sandra. He could not understand. Lola has a child? Is she now married? He mind kept on asking questions as they all stepped into the living room.
The smelled of the ogbono soup filled the air. ‘Hmm’, Lola sighed. It was so good to be home.
“Our doctor” said Mrs. Olatunji to Kingsley, “come and sit. Lola, you too sit. I have prepared food for you”, and she hurried into the kitchen.
“Ma, you don’t… Kinsley started but was cut short by Mr Olatunji’s “no, no, no, you have to eat. My son, do you know what you have done for me? You can’t understand. You have given me back my daughter, and what do I give you in return, a plate of meal? That’s not even worth a minute fraction of her life. Please you have to eat, besides, my wife has been preparing all day. Please.” Kingsley had no more to say, he had no choice. The table was set before him. The aroma was inviting. It was irresistible. He silently thanked god that Lola’s father had persuaded him .he watched Lola and her daughter as they ate. His questions began to fill his head again. He couldn’t comprehend it.
After a little talk about his demanding job, the country’s politics and the educational sector with
Lola’s father, Kingsley rose up to leave. He turned to Lola and asked,”Can I have your number, I need to check on you occasionally, to ensure you are using your medication.”
Immediately, Lola recalled everything that happened the night she fainted and remembered the most important thing, her interview! Her mother who had been watching her face calmed her, “don’t worry, everything is alright.” Her father turned to Kingsley,”let me give it to you.” After the exchange of numbers and pleasantries, Kingsley got into his car and drove off.
When her parents came in after seeing Kingsley off, Lola asked,”mummy, where is my phone.” Her father interjected, “Lola, you have to rest like the doctor advised.”
“But I need to check my mail”, Lola protested, “I need to know the outcome of the interview I went for two weeks ago.” Two weeks ago, would hold down a job for two weeks”, her mother argued.
Lola sighed, maybe they were right, she thought. She drifted into sleep with her daughter in her arms.
Back in the kitchen, Lola’s mother asked her husband, ‘did you notice any resemblance between Sandra and the doctor’,
“ The doctor? “ Lola’s father looked puzzled.
“Yes, the doctor, I’m going to ask Lola about it, and I keep wondering how she knew his name at the hospital. I hope she remembers. ”

Kingsley's mind was in turmoil during his drive back home from the Olatunji's residence. The shock of seeing Lola's little girl Sandra, had jolted him and he had been unable to think straight afterwards. Throughout the meal, Lola had carefully avoided eye contact with him. There were so many unanswered questions revolving in his head.

Was she married? When? He certainly hadn't seen any wedding ring on her finger, nor the tell-tale marks of any ring, whatsoever. Or was she separated? Divorced perhaps? Or even widowed? But there hadn't been any pictures of a man hanging on her family walls in the living room, aside those of her family...her dad to be precise.

He shook his head in exasperation as he drove through the busy streets of Lagos. With one arm manouvering the steering wheel while the the elbow of his other arm rested idly on the door, he hardly took note of the now thinning traffic, as his jumbled thoughts raced through his mind. Lola to him, was certainly an enigma, shrouded in mystery. So many questions.

He remembered the indescribable pang of jealousy he felt as he watched Lola lovingly tend to the little girl. Her eyes seemed to soften every time she looked at her daughter. How he wished she would look at him that way too. He recalled little details, such as how mother and daughter had bent their heads down together, as though sharing a secret, which only they knew. He shook his head again. This is silly. That child is just what? Two? Three years old?

The roads where much wider and less busy as he rounded on the dual carriage express way. The drive home from here was a short distance. Try as hard as he might, he couldn't seem to get thoughts of Lola and now the little girl out of his mind. His car picked up speed as he pressed his foot a little carelessly on the accelerator, as though to expel any thoughts of them both. He could see the speedometer gradually increase its readings as his car ate up the miles. Here he was, the normally cautious, if not over-cautious Kingsley, the level headed doctor, zooming through the early evening like a demented being. He couldn't understand his reaction, nor did he really want to, as he was past caring. You've really blown it man, he thought to himself. You had your chance and you let her go...you've lost her, big time man... his thoughts tormented him.

The loud honking and flashing headlights, of an approaching heavy duty goods vehicle coming at him on his lane, trying to avoid a yawning pothole, broke his revivere and yanked him back to reality. He only just managed to swerve out of its way, narrowly missing contact with it by a hair's breath.

"Jesus! That was close!", he said aloud.

Sitting up in his seat, he forcibly removed all thoughts of Lola from his mind as he concentrated with determination, on the rest of his journey home.

Lola tossed restlessly in bed, willing sleep to come her way.

She had nodded off on the living room sofa, with Sandra in her arms, soon after Kingsley left. The last thing she remembered before drifting off were the thoughtful expressions on her parents faces, as they had held a whispered conversation in the kitchen. She had been a bit curious to what the secret conversation was between them, but was unable to follow them into the kitchen. Her body had plans of its own as she succumbed to the tiredness that suddenly washed over her. Perhaps both her parents and Kingsley were right after all. She needed to get as much rest as possible. Although she still yearned to read the contents of her phone, her mothers determined expression told her it would be futile, to try and get her phone from her.

Even though she had been asleep for a little over an hour, she still felt as though she had nodded off for only a couple of minutes. Her mother's voice had woken her from her slumber.

"Lola." Her mother had called her, while gently shaking her.

"Hmmm?", she had drowsily responded.

"My daughter, you need to go to bed. You can't spend the night on the sofa here."

"But I'm not tired", she had feebly protested.

"Yes you are, and so is Sandra", her mother had countered firmly. "Take the child to bed, and try and get some rest too. That was the good doctor's instruction, and you must adhere to it", she added. "You go on ahead, don't worry, I'll bring Sandra to you, instead", she added.

"Okay ma", she conceded.

Now lying in her bed, she stared at the moonlit sky through the gap in her bedroom curtains, as she felt sleep had suddenly deserted her. She replayed the day's event in her mind. So much had happened, it was almost too much to take in. She thought of how Kingsley had held her hands tenderly at the hospital and in his car... about how he had kissed her. Just thinking of it sent shivers down her spine. She felt her face flame with embarrassment as she acknowledged how she had revelled in his kisses, not wanting him to stop.

Sighing, she turned onto her side, facing Sandra. The slow, even breathing from the child confirmed that the little girl was in deep sleep. She recalled how Kingsley had barely been able to take his eyes of them both. She remembered seeing a flash of something in the depth of those brown eyes. Disappointment? No, that was too strong a word to use. Shock? Yes.

Sighing again, she stretched quietly on her bed. The resemblance between Sandra and Kinglsey was just too much, for him not to have noticed. We most certainly need to have a long talk, she thought. If nothing else, Sandra deserves to know who her daddy is, and the least I can do about it is to just tell him. I owe him that.

Unbeknown to Lola, Kingsley had called it an early night too, and was lying in bed with thoughts of her occupying his mind. For the umpteenth time, he picked up his phone which was lying close to him on the adjacent pillows on his bed. He thumbed through his contact list, stopping at Lola's number. With his fingers hovering over the call button, he sighed once again and dropped the phone once again on his pillows. He had been sorely tempted to dial her number, but for some strange reason had held back on several times.

Lola...Lola...Lola... he called her name silently to himself. They most certainly had to talk, and soon too...

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by EfemenaXY: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
Lyzbet: A saying goes thus; if you want to read a book that as not been written, write it. Madams Efe and Oluchi and all co-authors, pls criticise constructively. i hope i did a good job.

You did an excellent job dear smiley

The only thing I see here is that you need to space out your paragraphs a bit more. Single (or double line spacing, if using your phone) should do the trick, of making it even better.

Well done girl - now don't stop writing and Continue The Story. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by avicky(f): 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
More. More. More.
I want some more, pleaseeeeeeeeee!

2 Likes

Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by Ice4jez(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
so this is how u guys allowed this beautiful fotus to be unborn sha.god go give una great to finish watin una start.amen
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by purpinkx(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2012
Nice story .... But you guys(girls included) seem to have forgotten about sandra's school delima ... Abi that side don be ?
Re: Continue The (Lola) Story by abmoslincoln: 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
i really enjoyed your write ups, the story seems to be a true life story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Chidera Okolie Declares Her DM Open To Potential Suitors; Lists 10 Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.