Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair (16487 Views)

Poll: Would you divorce due to old infidelity after 77 years of marriage?

Yes: 17% (17 votes)
No: 82% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

99-year-old Divorces Wife After He Discovered 1940s Affair / My Affair With A Generous Aristo / 97-year-old Woman Marries 86-year-old Man, Keeps Her Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by sniperwolf(m): 9:56am On Dec 31, 2011
They are writing history
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Sike(m): 10:07am On Dec 31, 2011
HillariouS!
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by moshoodn(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2011
Looking critically, methinks he was just after the records. . . The world record of oldest divorcee!

Thats my own view from an angle.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by fred2265: 10:24am On Dec 31, 2011
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by MurderX: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2011
The man does not have long to live and it is better for him to have peace so he can truly rest in peace. If divorcing the woman will make him have peace, live a day longer, rest in peace and go to heaven, then I think its the best thing to do. Moreover even the ghosts of the dead still avenge their enemies.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by maasoap(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2011
I saw the headline on an Australian website yesterday but I couldn't read it. And today, I've voted "no" on the divorce issue before I read the content. But after reading the content, I had to change my supposed decision based on the fact that she has been keeping those letters for years. You only keep what you cherish and that's the point.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by capricon: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2011
This is why women should never cheat. Always remaining attached and never letting go.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by icez: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2011
This is serious.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by legba1(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2011
Age in this case count for nothing.Lets examine the motive behind the keeping of the letter.that woman still cherish those old memories and thats why she clung unto those letters.let the oldman go ahead with the divorce cos if i were him,i will do same.wat an unfaithful old woman we're dealing with.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by kizito96(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2011
A hype to create a record
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
That guy is a heroe
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Switup: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2011
Wen i set ma eyes on dis thread, d only tin i did was to L.O soooo L. Honestly, its lik a joke, bt na wah oooo.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
WTF, what a confused people:|:|
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Yinkay: 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
20 year old pounded yam can still be hot to burn the finger
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
She knows that man did not have those kids.Women bad oh! Paternity test should be compulsory thing now on.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
That's poor judgement. Haba she begged him now. At what age do these things cease to matter. She may have forgotten them letters as well.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by tpia5: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2011
The Italian press pointed to the couple's southern blood as the catalyst for the breakup, the Telegraph noted.

so, southern italians are said to have more north african blood than northern italians?

i just saw that somewhere.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by tpia5: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2011
@ topic

i think a lot of women keep their love letters mainly for sentimental purposes, not necessarily anything more serious.

there was one show like that where the husband was fighting the wife for holding onto some love poems one of her suitors had written her before she got married.

The husband remained very angry until the wife said she kept the letters because those were the only love poems she'd ever received in her entire life.

the hubby now realized he'd actually never written her any poems before.

anyway, like i asked before, dont they have power of attorney in italy, or why is a 99 year old man just waltzing into court anyhow.

not excusing the wife's affair, but e be like say something else is going on.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
Wise man right there. Divorce the old bastardd cheat asss btch
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
Make una leave the 99 yr old man alone jor grin
he wan run shows grin
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by tlops(m): 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2011
nor be im fault.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Exponental(m): 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2011
It depends on d context of d letter n why she still has d letter.
As 4 me, I will discuss about it n close d chapter no matter wat, I will tell her abt d "away matches" too.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Jenifa1: 2:39am On Jan 01, 2012
@inked-nerd,

when you are near your deathbed. the pain of divorce is enough.
@ 97 yrs of age what is he going to do if he finds out his 5 children, 12 grandchildren and great grand child are not his? commit suicide?

the divorce I'm sure is to spite the wife and make her suffer (a bit understandable. but not something I would do). but paternity test is pointless. unless he's trying to punish himself and children.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by iDo3: 4:11am On Jan 01, 2012
Decision in this case depends on personality - probably best to forgive and let it be. But I can understand his anger and action.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by MrsChima1(f): 4:55am On Jan 01, 2012
Hmm. Well at least he knocked off another item on his BEFORE I AM DEAD list. lipsrsealed
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by tpia5: 7:56am On Jan 01, 2012
The thread has made me remember the few love letters i got when younger.

I wished i'd saved them sha- didnt know the time would come when i'd still feel like rereading them over and over if only so i could remember what it feels like to be cool somehow or how do i put it.

These days old age no dey gree me get admirer.

Dentures, etc na im dey worry me.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 01, 2012
Old age? Or that your heart with shell like pistachio wey no gree comot? grin

Your post was a shell-less post. If you remain shell-less, the many admirers you already have will show face. smiley
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by InkedNerd(f): 8:36am On Jan 01, 2012
Jenifa_:

@inked-nerd,

when you are near your deathbed. the pain of divorce is enough.
@ 97 yrs of age what is he going to do if he finds out his 5 children, 12 grandchildren and great grand child are not his? commit suicide?

the divorce I'm sure is to spite the wife and make her suffer (a bit understandable. but not something I would do). but paternity test is pointless. unless he's trying to punish himself and children.

How would you know he is feeling pain from the divorce? Are you in his mind? Are you is heart? Just because you would keel over because of something like this doesn't that he would. Everyone is different! Unless you're a mind reader or have some sort of supernatural powers that enable you to see into people's minds and souls, I doubt that you can say that he is in pain. For all you know, the guy may be completely happy! For all you know, this may be the happiest he's felt in his life. Why shouldn't he know if those children are his own? Just because it happened long ago doesn't make her foolish actions excusable.
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by passionate88: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2012
ogugua88: 99-Year-Old Italian Man to Become World's Oldest Divorcée

Meet "Antonio C," the name court documents give to a nearly century old Italian man looking to divorce his wife of 77 years. The Telegraph, reporting the story to the Anglophone world, says that Antonio and Rosa's divorce, if finalized, "appears to set a new record, at least for the age of the oldest protagonist – the previous oldest couple to divorce were Bertie and Jessie Wood, both aged 98, from the UK."

The reason for ending a 77-year-long marriage? One so long that they had five children, 12 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild? So long that for their first 36 years of marriage divorce wasn't even legal in Italy? They're getting divorced for the same reason us younger folk do: Infidelity!

Infidelity that happened back in the 1940s, that is. Just before Christmas, Antonio found old love letters addressed to the now 97-year-old Rosa in a drawer and demanded a divorce. "Guilt-stricken, she reportedly confessed everything but was unable to persuade her husband to reconsider his decision," which is The Telegraph's way of transcribing what we presume was the very passionate Italian-style fight that ensued.

http://news.yahoo.com/99-old-italian-man-become-worlds-oldest-divorc-213029818.html

-----

My brother and I were discussing this last night. Initially, I was perplexed as to why someone would divorce after children, grandchildren, a great-grandchild, and 77 years of marriage. It was an affair how many decades ago. I would think one could be angered but be willing to forgive afterwards.

After allowing it to sink in, however, I'm very happy for the man. If his wife had put the affair behind her, why did she still have the letters in her drawer? At her age, she was still able to recall details of the affair. It seems she's still hung up. I wouldn't want to be anyone's second choice. Cheers to the 99-year-old divorcée. I hope he can still find happiness and peace.

Women are VERY DANGEROUS
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
ehen dem never even start second world war then grin grin
Re: 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair by pleep(m): 2:08am On Nov 09, 2012
That is sad as hell. Judging from the response ill bet that throughout the entire 77 yr relationship he never cheated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Get A Partner That Offer You Values, It Is Not About Money"- Facebook User / Great Love Is Best Not Rushed / Photo: Man Fingers Lady In Broad Daylight While Trying To Ask Her Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.