Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Is This Really Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Really Love? (1100 Views)

Does She Really Love Me Or I Have Entered One Chance? / Do Guys Like This Really Exist? / Do Women Really Love Tall Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Really Love? by othello(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2007
I am confused, really confused. My wife lost her bosom friend to breast cancer after over 6 years battle with the ailment ( We are all members of our church choir). She is survived by two children, a girl (7) and boy (5). She is a British citizen by birth and had lived here in England for over 14 years before she went to meet with the Lord in May 2007. She met her husband during one of her numerous visits to Nigeria and eventually got married and they were blessed with two kids.
Three months after her funeral in May 2007, her husband travelled to Nigeria to re-marry ( we found out that he actually married his old love, the lady he jilted in Nigeria to get married to our friend).
He is a British citizen now based on his late wife's citizenship and he is already making plans to bring the new wife over to the UK.
He claims that he loves her and he even wrote a poem to this which he published on Nigeriaworld.com
Can this really be love? Is three months not too short to mourn a loved one? or am I paranoid?
Maybe your opinions can help.
Re: Is This Really Love? by sylvao2000(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2007
@poster NOOOOO this is not LOVE its death
Re: Is This Really Love? by olanajim(m): 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2007
Something fishy somewhere! Who knows he had been having underground romance while the wife die silently of cancer!

Surely, God is not blind to his heart content.
Re: Is This Really Love? by havanah: 12:22am On Oct 05, 2007
olanajim:

Something fishy somewhere! Who knows he had been having underground romance while the wife die silently of cancer!

you think they killed her and the cancer is a cover up?
Re: Is This Really Love? by tivva: 2:09am On Oct 05, 2007
the bible says the dead should bury he dead. no matter how long he would have taken he still would have got married. so i dont it really matters.
Re: Is This Really Love? by ghengis(m): 3:42am On Oct 05, 2007
Something definitely looks fishy but it might not neccessarily be.

If his daughter is seven (7) yrs old, they were married for at least that much and i doubt you guys ever heard gists from his wife about infidelity.

People sure handle grief in different ways and while i admit that 3months seems a short time to re-marry no one has a right to judge that. For all you know, he might have always thought of it as a mistake jilting her(his ex) in the first place.

Having said that, i can't help but wonder if the 'new' woman too didn't have a life. I mean, how cld a guy jilt you and after like 8yrs he comes back and then you guys are married?

There are many different possibilities from deception to outright foolishness but if you guys are friends and esp church members, then you should be praying more for him than talking about it.
Re: Is This Really Love? by jkpretty(f): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2007
I see it like he definitely has been communicating with d old love in Nigeria, because, i mean how can u gilt someone leaving her for several years only to come back & say one sweet thing & then she follows.except she had been praying for divine miracles

Its sad to think that he married d dead wife to get himself together*rich/greencard* even worse to think he had loved someone else all d while. wicked, wicked world angry
Re: Is This Really Love? by liftedone(f): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2007
It could be that he still carried a torch for his ex all the time he was married to your wife's friend. It sort of leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
Re: Is This Really Love? by wwolexx(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. na wa o!

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Fall In Love Again After I Have Been Jilted By My Girlfriend? / What’s Your Market Value? / What Is The Difference Between Love And Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.