Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria (19266 Views)

The 2013 BMW M3 Coupe / 2013 Audi S5 Or 2013 BMW M3? / A Nigerian Man Was Stabbed And Stuffed In The Trunk Of His For Sale Bmw M3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2012
e500

Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2012
e500

Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2012
Siena:

BMW M3 in Nigeria will be personal import only.

You've just confirmed what I suspected - sellers on Nairaland, and even Nigeria generally misrepresent what they're selling. Sometimes down to ignorance, sometimes plain fraudulent.

There is no BMW M3 with a diesel engine. The M3 is the most powerful, performance-oriented 3 series available, and all the engines are petrol, not diesel.

You are right, BMW doesn't make M3 or M series with diesel engine. Performance and Diesel powered engine don't go together.

What's your take on the M5? You seem to be more into M3. I kind of like the M5 and M6 than M3.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by norrisman: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2012
Danka7777:

You are right, BMW doesn't make M3 or M series with diesel engine. Performance and Diesel powered engine don't go together.

You are wrong mate! unfortunately BMW have decided to go against all ethos of performance motoring and are going to release an X6 M with a diesel engine  sad

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/17/bmw-releases-second-x6-m-diesel-teaser/

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/24906.htm
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2012
I wonder why this question is being asked. There is no made car popular to an extent that is not in this country.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2012
If I had to pick a performance car, bar none it would be 1992, 1993 and 1994 Mercedes 500E/E500. Sent one back home last summer. Currently own a 2006 BMW M5, but it comes nothing close to the W124 E500 in handling and performance

Tell me your joking!!!

V8 to a V10 an 2005 M5 would make the W124 E500 look slow,

Even the W124 E500 would struggle to see the tail light of a vauxhall carlton lotus

Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2012
You are wrong mate! unfortunately BMW have decided to go against all ethos of performance motoring and are going to release an X6 M with a diesel engine

That's a 4 x 4, Jeep, Wagon etc, its not an M-Powered engine
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2012
I assumed your analysis will be based on Fuel Economy, not necessarily speed.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2012
baby-boy:

Tell me your joking!!!

V8 to a V10 an 2005 M5 would make the W124 E500 look slow, 

Even the W124 E500 would struggle to see the tail light of a vauxhall carlton lotus

First, there is nothing like 2005 M5, none was produce for that year. I thought I was very clear on what I said. If you reread my post I said "Handling" not performance. Hope you can differentiate both automobile terminologies.

I was speaking anecdotally from owning both cars. I understand that M5 in terms of performance has more horsepower, torque and engine size than W124 E500, I get all of that but the E500 has I indicated in my post handles better than the M5.  Also keep in the mind that engine size V10, V8, e.t.c., doesn't always translate to more horsepower. That is one mistake that lame people make!
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2012
baby-boy:

That's a 4 x 4, Jeep, Wagon etc,  its not an M-Powered engine

I will keep on correcting you respectfully; don't think you know a great deal about performance cars. First, saying the word  "jeep" is not applicable to this discussion and has no relevance whatsoever to performance vehicles. Second, you said it is a "4x4" ,  sorry its not a "4x4" but an AWD. You must understand the difference between the AWD and 4x4.  Same also goes with the word "wagon." All these terminologies used are oxymoronic and make no sense with respect to the car in question. Third, "Norrisman" is right,  that is indeed a BMW Motorsport, X6M.

And please do me a big favor, DON'T BRING UP OPEL CARS WHEN  BMW, BENZ AND AUDI are mentioned with respect to performance cars. Its zany and laughable  you would even bring up OPEL of all other performance car makers. Find out why GM phased out OPEL cars from the U.S market; that should perhaps give you an idea.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by yungboss(m): 11:21am On Jan 02, 2012
@Danka777
Wow,the mercedes comes again. I had already given up on the benz, i know the AMGs are superb cars, but do they handle better or drive faster than bmw M cars,the amazing E500,do u really think it out-handles an M5?
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2012
norrisman:

You are wrong mate! unfortunately BMW have decided to go against all ethos of performance motoring and are going to release an X6 M with a diesel engine  sad

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/17/bmw-releases-second-x6-m-diesel-teaser/

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/24906.htm

You are right. They just started producing it on their 2011 model X6M only.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2012
yungboss:

@Danka777
Wow,the mercedes comes again. I had already given up on the benz, i know the AMGs are superb cars, but do they handle better or drive faster than bmw M cars,the amazing E500,do u really think it out-handles an M5?

I too have given up on Benz AMGs but this model ( W124 E500 model) still brings me back home to Benz. Personally, I prefer BMW's, Porsche's and Audi's- for young guys.  Benz is for old people or like my friends would say, Grandpa car. As I mentioned, W124 E500/500E comes no where to M5 in performance. However, if you drove both cars, you will quickly realize that it handles and responds well than M5.  Again, M5 IS SUPERIOR, can't stress that enough. My choice of W124 E500 is just anecdotal.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by norrisman: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2012
Danka7777:

You are right. They just started producing it on their 2011 model X6M only.

I know people will probably buy it because of the perceived fuel economy and all this nonsense about torque but do you think a diesel engined car should be badged as a M car? I guess it means very soon, we will start to see diesel Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Porsches,  iyama,yuk  embarassed
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by yungboss(m): 11:45am On Jan 02, 2012
Danka7777:

I will keep on correcting you respectfully; don't think you know a great deal about performance cars. First, saying the word  "jeep" is not applicable to this discussion and has no relevance whatsoever to performance vehicles. Second, you said it is a "4x4" ,  sorry its not a "4x4" but an AWD. You must understand the difference between the AWD and 4x4.  Same also goes with the word "wagon." All these terminologies used are oxymoronic and make no sense with respect to the car in question. Third, "Norrisman" is right,  that is indeed a BMW Motorsport, X6M.

And please do me a big favor, DON'T BRING UP OPEL CARS WHEN BMW, BENZ AND AUDI are mentioned with respect to performance cars. Its zany and laughable  you would bring up OPEL of all other performance car makers. Find out why GM phased out OPEL cars from the U.S market; that should perhaps give you an idea.
i dont think Opel fits in the list of performance cars,ur right; maybe modded once though. I'm not really into the 5 series, i like them and definitely the M5s are superior to the M3s, the AMG Benzes are more common than the Motorsport cars
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
Danka, nice cars! But it would be polite of you to open a Mercedes-Benz thread, so we can all contribute there. This thread was started buy a member who may be looking to purchase a BMW M3 at some point. This thread's now being derailled, not good.

Happy New Year!
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Danka7777:

What's your take on the M5? You seem to be more into M3. I kind of like the M5 and M6 than M3.

My choice would be the M5, but this thread wasn't about my preference, more about options in the M3's, going by the OP's query when he started this thread. smiley
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by youngbest(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
Danka7777:

I too have given up on Benz AMGs but this model ( W124 E500 model) still brings me back home to Benz. Personally, I prefer BMW's, Porsche's and Audi's- for young guys.  Benz is for old people or like my friends would say, Grandpa car. As I mentioned, W124 E500/500E comes no where to M5 in performance. However, if you drove both cars, you will quickly realize that it handles and responds well than M5.  Again, M5 IS SUPERIOR, can't stress that enough. My choice of W124 E500 is just anecdotal.
Guy Benz is changing that image of grand pa car especially the amg division and let me tell officially on a straight line benz is always faster than beemers but on the turn beemers are faster, and in 2010 mecedes released the c63 amg as a direct competition to the m3 and according to Jeremy Clarkson of top gear its a suicide machine its way faster than the beemer on the straight but not as fast on the bend, watch this please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZExdTHHjY
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
Siena:

Danka, nice cars! But it would be polite of you to open a Mercedes-Benz thread, so we can all contribute there. This thread was started buy a member who may be looking to purchase a BMW M3 at some point. This thread's now being derailled, not good.

Happy New Year!

Yeah my bad. My apologies to the author of the original post. Same here, Happy New Year.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
Danka7777:

Yeah my bad. My apologies to the author of the original post. Same here, Happy New Year.

No worries bro, I like the W124 cars too. If you open a thread about high-performance Mercedes-Benz, I'll be only too happy to contribute.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
youngbest:

Guy Benz is changing that image of grand pa car especially the amg division and let me tell officially on a straight line benz is always faster than beemers but on the turn beemers are faster, and in 2010 mecedes released the c63 amg as a direct competition to the m3 and according to Jeremy Clarkson of top gear its a suicide machine its way faster than the beemer on the straight but not as fast on the bend, watch this please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZExdTHHjY

Yeah in all honesty, the C63 is a very agile car and simply beast when compared to M3 and RS4. If I had to pick amongst the 3 cars, I would go with the RS4 by the looks. Though 2007-09 Audi S8 is my ultimate dream car, but just too expensive. Even if you have the money, no one wants to sale. if I may add Jeremy Clarkson is known to have some innate bias towards BMW.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Kushite: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
I still don't get why any one would go for M3 or M5 when all you need to do is go for Porsche 911 Carrera.

Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by youngbest(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kushite:

I still don't get why any one would go for M3 or M5 when all you need to do is go for Porsche 911 Carrera.

when it happens to breakdown i hope you dont get someone who will break it finish
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kushite:

You don't have to get it. It's called freedom of choice. Not everyone would like the Porsche 911 Carrera, regardless of its prowess and performance. Personally, it's no good to me, as I need a high-performance car WITH room for 4/5 adults. The Porker doesn't fit the bill.

Besides, this thread was about the OP's choice, the BMW M3.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
Look I might have got the W124 E500 handling issue wrong, over a BMW M5

But A Vauxhall Carlton Lotus handles far better and also performs better than the E500
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
baby-boy:

But A Vauxhall Carlton Lotus handles far better and also performs better than the E500

And the Lotus Carlton rusts like mad. Problem areas are the rear axle attachment points, under the rear seat, rear wheel arches (under the bodykit) rear suspension turrets, sills (under the bodykit) amongst others.

Look on Lotus Carlton forums, and see more horrors that afflict these cars. Owners pay a lot in maintenance to keep them on the road, and they're not an everyday car. Owners generally run other cars, and keep the Lotus Carlton as a weekend toy, driven when the weather's good. A friend of mine owns one, he's owned it for 16 years, and he wouldn't drive it when it rains, never mind during winter, when road salt eats the poor steel used in its construction.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Siena your right they not an everyday car but its more like a tune up of the Carlton GSI3000, I could see why it was scraped off the production line. But its lightening quick, in the 90's it was once regarded the fastest saloon (or 4 door) car,
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ Yes, it was blistering quick - 177 mph (285 km/h). The fastest production sedan of its time, but a rust bucket. It rusted quicker than the regular GSi 3000 24V, due to a combination of poor steel and the plastic bodykit, which trapped moisture.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
I really love this thread, its very entertaining. I would like to correct one impression, its very unfair to compare the Bangle Era BMW M5 with the W124 E500 performance wise. Both cars are from different eras. @siena: are you keen on the previous Audi S8 because of the Lamborghini V10 in it?

1 Like

Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ Yes, the Audi S8 D3 has a V10, great car. But it's nowhere as iconic as the previous V8 D2 model, and doesn't handle anywhere near as good. It has air suspension, which whilst softer over bumps, lacks the precision shown by the regular suspension D2.
Re: Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria by sweetgala(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Can I suggest two great cars
Nissan R35 gtr AWD

Vauxhall VXR8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hypercar On Steroids,See The New 2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO / How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive / Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.