Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Building A Large Duplex In Enugu - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Large Duplex In Enugu (63313 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by smarthome: 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hello Sir,
So far you have shown to Nigerians that you are indeed a professional.
We are a home improvement and Building Automation company, with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Benin. We would like to recommend our products and services for your building projects. We deal on Stone Coated Steal Roof, Laminated Floor Tile, Foreign Stones Etc.

We are also into Home Automation and Control of all you home devices using remote, wall keypad and touch pads. That can control your HVAC, Home Entertainment and Dedicated Theater room, Security, Intercom, Water sprinklers etc.

You can reach me on.

email: smarthomeng@yahoo.com
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Waoh . . . Money is a good thing, see how the project is moving so fast with money
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by tlops(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
good!
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by sixtus4: 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
Good day,i want to know,how you have gone with your project.Have you caste the dpc?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
smarthome:

Hello Sir,
So far you have shown to Nigerians that you are indeed a professional.
We are a home improvement and Building Automation company, with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Benin. We would like to recommend our products and services for your building projects. We deal on Stone Coated Steal Roof, Laminated Floor Tile, Foreign Stones Etc.

We are also into Home Automation and Control of all you home devices using remote, wall keypad and touch pads. That can control your HVAC, Home Entertainment and Dedicated Theater room, Security, Intercom, Water sprinklers etc.

You can reach me on.

email: smarthomeng@yahoo.com

Wish you have offices in Enugu, but will give you a call when my houses reach finishing levels.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by shakay: 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
@spyder880, I need ur advice on an issue urgently,
A friend wants to buy a 3 bedrm flat @ Ikosi-Ketu Shangisha 4 #12m.
It's a Storey building with 2 units of 3bedrm flat on an half plot but the location is not bad.
The inside is made of spanish tiles on the floors, pvc, pop & all rooms ensuite but the size of the sitting rm is small compare to d standard size of a bedrm/sitting rm.
Now we're not sure dt price is ok but i feel it's expensive.

Can anyone advice us.

Thanks
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
sixtus4:

Good day,i want to know,how you have gone with your project.Have you caste the dpc?

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by sixtus4: 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
Spyder, you are doing great,could you please estimate total number of bags of cement,it consumed?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
sixtus4:

Spyder, you are doing great,could you please estimate total number of bags of cement,it consumed?

About 115
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by sixtus4: 10:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
Thanks,a lot.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
shakay:

@spyder880, I need your advice on an issue urgently,
A friend wants to buy a 3 bedrm flat @ Ikosi-Ketu Shangisha 4 #12m.
It's a Storey building with 2 units of 3bedrm flat on an half plot but the location is not bad.
The inside is made of spanish tiles on the floors, pvc, pop & all rooms ensuite but the size of the sitting rm is small compare to d standard size of a bedrm/sitting rm.
Now we're not sure dt price is ok but i feel it's expensive.

Can anyone advice us.

Thanks

How much are they renting each apartment now per year?
multiply the yearly rent by 2 (two units)
multiply the sum by 10 (years)
now, if your result is less than 12m, then you need to look for a better bargain
you can also stretch it to 12 years if you are a patient young person
Location is key but current rental value must factor in those things, cool

my two cedis

1 Like

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by olubuffett: 12:39am On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ Good illustration.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:17am On Jan 20, 2012
spyder880:

now, if your result is less than 12m, then you need to look for a better bargain

Waoh . . . I have never heard of such before, what a great analysis . . . . . .
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 4:30am On Jan 20, 2012
spyder880:

Location is key but current rental value must factor in those things, cool

my two cedis

Wow! Good illustration Spyder but I respectfully chose to differ and object to that. The return investment in property rental/leasing stretches way beyond 10/12yrs. It would be nice if that's the case but unfortunately it's not. Like you also rightly said, location and cost of living is a big/important factor but still that could also be excused in some instances. Abuja for example where some plot goes for hundreds of million! Even if rents are N2m a year, that won't even bring back the return amount invested in purchasing only the land in 10yrs! Also, though different but even in westerns world they go as long as 30yrs or more in some cases and this can also be as a result of insurance and maintenance which are not optional here compare to Nigeria. From all I know and little experience, I think we should be talking or looking at twice the length of time you quoted except if that's just a purchase strategy but in actual sence, it last longer than 10-12yrs.

1 Like

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:48am On Jan 20, 2012
prince_onx:

Wow! Good illustration Spyder but I respectfully chose to differ and object to that. The return investment in property rental/leasing stretches way beyond 10/12yrs. It would be nice if that's the case but unfortunately it's not. Like you also rightly said, location and cost of living is a big/important factor but still that could also be excused in some instances. Abuja for example where some plot goes for hundreds of million! Even if rents are N2m a year, that won't even bring back the return amount invested in purchasing only the land in 10yrs! Also, though different but even in westerns world they go as long as 30yrs or more in some cases and this can also be as a result of insurance and maintenance which are not optional here compare to Nigeria. From all I know and little experience, I think we should be talking or looking at twice the length of time you quoted[b] except if that's just a purchase strategy but in actual sence, it last longer than 10-12yrs. [/b]

As you rightly pointed out, that's a purchase strategy, (my bargaining tips). Notice that I didn't ask him the purpose of purchase, commercial or private, but he should have this scenario in mind. But, he can forget this advice and pay if he has other consideration not known by the rest of us.
Again, I have bought houses with less than 10 years return target here in Nigeria, check my 'business and profitability of rental property' thread.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 5:28am On Jan 20, 2012
^^
Exactly! Now that make sense. You also know that sellers tend to lose money when they sell their properties (cars, houses, etc) unwillingly such as in family problem or needs. We both also know that that your strategy will never work when buying from sellers that flip houses or build and sell houses for a living.
Good purchasing strategy though! Keep them flowing at least they offer the buyer more ideas to work with!
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by shakay: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Quote from: spyder880 on Yesterday at 11:01:30 PM
Location is key but current rental value must factor in those things,

@spyder,  tx 4 d advice but u didn't get me right, what i 'm saying is dt we're buying only a unit out of d 2 units of 3 bedrm for #12m while someelse take over d down
With ur explanation, i calculated rent of #600k/p.a *12yrs = #720k. I'm confused, i feel it's too expensive. Although rent for that type of exquisite flat is #600k/p.a.
The sitting is not even large. Shld we buy or not? The seller is not ready to reduce d money @ all.

Tx.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by shakay: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
the house is residential, i.e. for our use.
tx.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
(#600k * 12 months) * 10 yrs --> #7 200 000, abi bros?

I think people expect you to apply your discretion and own good judgement
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
A lot going on here, and learning by the minute
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
@spyder,  tx 4 d advice but u didn't get me right, what i 'm saying is dt we're buying only a unit out of d 2 units of 3 bedrm for #12m while someelse take over d down
With ur explanation, i calculated rent of #600k/p.a *12yrs = #720k. I'm confused, i feel it's too expensive. Although rent for that type of exquisite flat is #600k/p.a.
The sitting is not even large. Shld we buy or not? The seller is not ready to reduce d money @ all.

Tx.
[quote][/quote]

As far as Spyder is concern the whole house with two 3bedrooms unit is too expensive for N12m and you're asking him if you guys should buy one for that same amount?
This is one of the reasons why I chose to just read some post and move on without commenting on them especially when they feel like they dropped on deaf ears!
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ So many unspoken words . . . ummmm
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
Fhemmmy:

^^^ So many unspoken words . . . ummmm
Oga fhemmmy Watin you want make I talk now? It's like you spend your time to answer questions, go as far as going through some book files to get something like figures, sizes, and all that and they won't be appreciated. Instead the question will be asked in a whole different way still asking the same da.mm thing lol!
Personally I don't like or buy the idea of owning one part of a house eg upstairs and someone else own the down part. I will rather buy or build a bungalow somewhere without having to deal with the co-ownership stress. With N12m one can buy or build a very nice/solid bungalow with BQ free of stress!
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ I blv you, Sir . . . I am with you on that too, cos that is a lot of money and could build a lot, especially Spyder way
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by smarthome: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think this is the best breakdown of how to calculate ROI on a property, be it commercial or for personal use.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
prince_onx:

Oga fhemmmy Watin you want make I talk now? It's like you spend your time to answer questions, go as far as going through some book files to get something like figures, sizes, and all that and they won't be appreciated. Instead the question will be asked in a whole different way still asking the same da.mm thing lol!
Personally I don't like or buy the idea of owning one part of a house eg upstairs and someone else own the down part. I will rather buy or build a bungalow somewhere without having to deal with the co-ownership stress. With N12m one can buy or build a very nice/solid bungalow with BQ free of stress!

Honestly, I feel you.

smarthome:

I think this is the best breakdown of how to calculate ROI on a property, be it commercial or for personal use.

Thank you.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
some walling pictures from yesterday.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
more walls

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
pillars being mounted

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / How Much Is Your House Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.