Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! (117899 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by necz: 5:13pm On May 15, 2015
@calaycash @Okuda @redcliff @7070. Please can you PM me. I av somthin important to ask u. Thanks
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 4:43am On May 16, 2015
I don't think there is any university that offers English curriculum, except the private ones. Here is the information I could find on the internet http://www.crus.ch/information-programmes/etudier-en-suisse/offres-detudes/study-programmes-in-english.html?L=1 (it's official information).

I don't know about the process to get a Swiss student visa as I'm Swiss, but I think you will need to show to the embassy that you have sufficient funding to cover for your entire stay (which means university fees + all other living expenses, so it can be pretty much expensive, depending on where you live), your acceptance letter from the university and maybe some other things. You can also apply for a scholarship, I know many universities have scholarships for foreign students from developping countries.
.please can you help me with the list of universities that offer scholarship at graduate/masters level for developing countries.i'm in desperate need of this.thank you
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by jelmusboy(m): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2015
Hello Guys.

I need your help. I am a Nigerian student studying in the UK and I was opportuned to get an internship offer with the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, Switzerland. They want me to resume by 17th June but the cost of living in Swiss is a major impediment for me because WHO wont pay me nor even spend a dime on my expenses.
I will like to meet anybody that can accommodate me for 6 weeks minimum. If you cant accommodate me up to that, kindly let me know for how long you can accommodate me.

This is a lifetime opportunity which i don't want to forfeit as it will boost my career as a Public Health Scientist.

Cheers
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Okuda(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
jelmusboy:
Hello Guys.

I need your help. I am a Nigerian student studying in the UK and I was opportuned to get an internship offer with the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, Switzerland. They want me to resume by 17th June but the cost of living in Swiss is a major impediment for me because WHO wont pay me nor even spend a dime on my expenses.
I will like to meet anybody that can accommodate me for 6 weeks minimum. If you cant accommodate me up to that, kindly let me know for how long you can accommodate me.

This is a lifetime opportunity which i don't want to forfeit as it will boost my career as a Public Health Scientist.

Cheers

I am not saying its not okay to ask for assistance but i doubt you would find that here. 6weeks is barely 2months and I suggest you look for an apartment to rent for that period of time. it should cost you around 600-800chf. If its so important to you, the chances you would see someone to help you within Geneva is slim and I suggest you don't live far from the workplace because of transportation expenses. you should have planned how you would take care of your expenses as you would have known from the start that they would not offer you any aside benefits.

1 Like

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by jelmusboy(m): 10:15am On Jun 06, 2015
Okuda:

I am not saying its not okay to ask for assistance but i doubt you would find that here. 6weeks is barely 2months and I suggest you look for an apartment to rent for that period of time. it should cost you around 600-800chf. If its so important to you, the chances you would see someone to help you within Geneva is slim and I suggest you don't live far from the workplace because of transportation expenses. you should have planned how you would take care of your expenses as you would have known from the start that they would not offer you any aside benefits.

Thank you Okuda. You are right
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Youngsmith1414: 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
i am curently living here in Zurich and i will like to make new friends here. thanks
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by rumplestilskin: 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
Good evening room. I applied for a study visa at the Swiss embassy in Abuja because I got admitted to the Bern university of Applied Science. I received a response requesting an "immatrikulationsbestätigung " and "Studiennachweis ", an accommodation contract and a proof that I posses 21000CHF in a bank recognized by FINMA. I want to know from successful applicants which bank they opened the account in Nigeria, how to get an accommodation contract or a Nigerian residing in bern that needs a roommate and how much he charges, and what an immatrikulationsbestätigung and Studiennachweis means and how to get it.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
rumplestilskin:
Good evening room. I applied for a study visa at the Swiss embassy in Abuja because I got admitted to the Bern university of Applied Science. I received a response requesting an "immatrikulationsbestätigung " and "Studiennachweis ", an accommodation contract and a proof that I posses 21000CHF in a bank recognized by FINMA. I want to know from successful applicants which bank they opened the account in Nigeria, how to get an accommodation contract or a Nigerian residing in bern that needs a roommate and how much he charges, and what an immatrikulationsbestätigung and Studiennachweis means and how to get it.
Please, how did you make the application to the school? I would like my younger brother to do his master there..
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by AKDON(m): 3:16am On Aug 09, 2015
7070:
Greetings all..
Been quite busy..but I have responded to those who sent me private messages..for more information without drama just send an email directly or something..schooled in zurich..work in zurich..live in zurich..love Zurich and would be nice to have more Legit Nigerians around too..
Cheers All grin
I just finished my b.Engr electrical Engineering this year and I'm looking to apply for MSc "same course" at ETH zurich. I got some information from personal research like tuition,cost of living and the MSc curriculum..please I need information on actual living conditions and the basic things I need to prepare my mind for in order to have a smooth stay over there. Thanks for your anticipated assistance!

1 Like

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by AKDON(m): 3:21am On Aug 09, 2015
Please can someone give me a link or pointer on how to apply for MSc at ETH zurich, I learnt aplications for next year will start this November. How do I start the whole process?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2015
rumplestilskin:

Standard Chartered Bank has a branch in Geneva and is recognised by the Swiss authorities. The accommodation part is a bit tricky because most people putting the rooms for rent usually conduct visitations where they get to know you and decide if they want to give their rooms to you. The other alternative I can think of is to go through woko (woko.ch) and the likes.

Immatrikulationbestaetigung = Confirmation of matriculation which you should get from your prospective school
Studiennachweis = Transcript of records which you should have from your previous school.

I hope that helps.

Good luck
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2015
AKDON:

I just finished my b.Engr electrical Engineering this year and I'm looking to apply for MSc "same course" at ETH zurich. I got some information from personal research like tuition,cost of living and the MSc curriculum..please I need information on actual living conditions and the basic things I need to prepare my mind for in order to have a smooth stay over there. Thanks for your anticipated assistance!

Everything you need about ETHZ can be found in the link below

www.ethz.ch

The site is in German (Deutsch/de) which you have to change to English (en) on the top right corner.

Good luck
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by nastykid: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
please can I apply by November and begin studies for msc in February next year?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
nastykid:
please can I apply by November and begin studies for msc in February next year?

I seriously doubt that, unless you currently reside in an EU member country.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2015
Good morning all, thanks for the valuable information you guys are providing here. Please I want to know if there is any university that would accept me for masters in tourism for a tuition fee of 500Euro; and without taking Sat or other related exams.

1 Like

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
As far as I know, most Swiss schools don't request for SAT, GRE etc. The semester fee is also usually around 500-800 CHF depending on the school. You might wanna check schools in Geneva, Lausanne and Saint Gallen. I can't recall any school that offer such courses from the top of my head but if anyone does it would one of the afore-mentioned schools.
Good luck.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
[
Thanks a lot...
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
Santino1:
As far as I know, most Swiss schools don't request for SAT, GRE etc. The semester fee is also usually around 500-800 CHF depending on the school. You might wanna check schools in Geneva, Lausanne and Saint Gallen. I can't recall any school that offer such courses from the top of my head but if anyone does it would one of the afore-mentioned schools.
Good luck.
Thanks a lot...
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
@Satino, please don't be annoyed, do u know about masters in security studies or criminology? And also availability of jobs after study?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2015
No reason to be annoyed, we are all here to help each other.

To be honest, I don't know much about criminology but I think university of Lausanne offers it.

Check www.unil.ch (Note, you have to understand french as most of the content on the website are in french)

Good luck.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Santino1:
No reason to be annoyed, we are all here to help each other.

To be honest, I don't know much about criminology but I think university of Lausanne offers it.

Check www.unil.ch (Note, you have to understand french as most of the content on the website are in french)

Good luck.
Thanks a lot. u are really helpful. keep it on.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Santino, I couldn't even fine any course in masters that offers English language as a medium of communication, and has less than 800CHf tuition fee...please do you know of any university that has the above things i mentioned?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sure. If you are talking in general terms, 'almost' all the Swiss universities offer their MSc. courses in English. However, if you are talking in "course-specific" terms, then a couple of courses are in German and French as applicable.

Like I said in my earlier post, I really don't know much about social science courses. Sorry.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
Santino1:
Sure. If you are talking in general terms, 'almost' all the Swiss universities offer their MSc. courses in English. However, if you are talking in "course-specific" terms, then a couple of courses are in German and French as applicable.

Like I said in my earlier post, I really don't know much about social science courses. Sorry.
okay, Thanks once again. do you know of any Arts course?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Caleycash(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Everest25:
okay, Thanks once again. do you know of any Arts course?
Better look for an English speaking country... don't come to Switzerland for your own good
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
Caleycash:
Better look for an English speaking country... don't come to Switzerland for your own good
ok, thanks.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
@Sanito 1, thanks. I have found some schools.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by bikerboy1(m): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
Everest25:
@Sanito 1, thanks. I have found some schools.
please can I know the schools you found.

Am seeking for admission as well.

Probably a school that can take one without Ielts of Toefl.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Everest25(m): 1:02am On Nov 06, 2015
bikerboy1:
please can I know the schools you found.

Am seeking for admission as well.

Probably a school that can take one without Ielts of Toefl.
me, is for masters.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by 7070: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2015
So after successfully bringing two students into Switzerland this September,of course now I am running a service
If you need admission into any school in Europe then send me an email directly.
Serious applicants ready to come September 2016.

Thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.