Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? (12517 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
karl max:

If there isd no subsidy then why are Ʊ protesting?

The SE\SS won't protest cos fuel has neva been subsidied in those areas they buy fuel 150 per litre when there was subsidy, So it makes no diff to them

WE ARE PROTESTING BECAUSE OF THE INCREMENT OF FUEL SINCE THERE IS NO SUBSIDY. THUS WHERE WOULD THE EXTRA MONEY FROM THE INCREMENT GO ? WHAT IS IT MEANT FOR ? AND WHY.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by cashmentor(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

God bless you. Rhymz, at the end of the day we are all in the mess together. This is the point we should join hands and fight against a common enemy which is CORRUPTION because there is nothing like fuel subsidy. All this is just to milk us dry.
what does it look like to u that we're doing here? Playing golf! Aren't your fellow men prostesting already, why don't u join them since u want to fight corruption? Beans!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by karlmax2: 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
WE ARE PROTESTING BECAUSE OF THE INCREMENT OF FUEL SINCE THERE IS NO SUBSIDY. THUS WHERE WOULD THE EXTRA MONEY FROM THE INCREMENT GO ? WHAT IS IT MEANT FOR ? AND WHY.

Very funny answer, Ʊ are protesting against a business man that imported his product and is selling to make profit?

Why not import fuel and sell at 65 naira per letter or better still Ʊ and NLC should import fuel sell for 65 naira since Ʊ say there is no subsidy
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by rhymz(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Alj-aharam abeg, don't quotr me again. I have consistently told you that I don't fancy debating with you, you are a pretender that swings hapharzardly depending on the sides that supports your delusions. Please be sure next time not to quote me, just skip over my post like I do yours.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by VoodooDoll(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
Why is there the threat of violence or even exile.

There are constitutional ways to give feedback to him, including protesting, National Assembly acts, etc.

The taxpaying masses must be the people that challenge unfair policies not some faceless terrorist groups or bunch of maniacal soldiers.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
I, personally denounce this unnecessary hiking of the price of fuel thus creating a domino effect on the prices of other essentials that Nigerians depend on to survive. It is sheer wickedness to intentionally mete out such unnecessary hardship on people already living with some of the worst standards of living in the world.

That said, i applaud any Nigerian, irrespective of tribe or affiliations, that leaves his home to protest for the good of many, more grease to their elbow but i suggest that Igbos please stay away from it, in as much as the price hikes adversely affects them too because if history has taught us anything, it it that these sort of things almost always end up with Igbos bearing the brunt and getting called names with claims of them attempting to destabilize the government of the day. There are Idoma, Isoko, Bini, Jukun, Igala, Nupe, Urhobo, Tiv and countless other tribes in that country, let their names be heard this time and let Igbos not get involved because at the end of the day, these are the same tribes that would bind together with their masters to rid Nigeria of the ''Igbo'' pests.

Also, while i will always acknowledge our SS neighbors, i think folks should limit how they group Igbos together with them when events occur because their past records in the way they have dealt with Igbos are not actually that great to speak of so it is impossible to deduce if they only desire us because of our immense number and records of surviving against all odds and oppositions or for their own political and geographical gains.

Let everybody leave Igbos out of this and fight their own battle the way they see fit because i have been a witness to how said people abuse and deride Igbos, on and offline. Some even wishing for the genocide of the Igbos and take every opportunity to remind you how the Igbos are possessive and just want to use them as second class citizens (Ekik and Ibibio)
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
I just don't understand why Nigerians can never shun emotion and comment on what is glaring , with one voice, as the NBA President does below. Once ethnic and religious sentiment is uppermost in our mind, then we are happy for "our man" to recieve the 'bow and go' treatment - never mind his very obvious misdeeds and failings. The hideous growth in the amount spent on subsidy under GEJ is direct testimony to his involvement in corruption and/or gross incompetence.

I just wonder why it is not obvious that enemies of GEJ (and they are many and desperate) can hijack the very potent yet unhighlighted crux of the matter i.e how subsidy (circa N300 million for a while) rose to N1.4 trillion in 2011 under GEJ. How can even the most rabid fan of GEJ justify this blanket removal without demanding serious questions be asked as to why circa 40% of what has been spent in total on subsidy (N3.7 trillion) in five years (2006 t0 2011) was experienced in 11 months (Jan to Nove 2011) of one year alone under GEJ?

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151459:new-pump-price-cant-be-implemented--nba&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

New pump price can’t be implemented – NBA

Written by Adelanwa Bamgboye Tuesday, 03 January 2012 05:00

The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) yesterday said the association was still consulting on the next step to take over the sudden removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government, even as it said increment cannot be implemented.

NBA President Joseph Bodunrin Daudu (SAN) told Daily Trust on phone that the issue was no longer that of whether the removal of the fuel subsidy was illegal or not but how many people can afford the price.

He said lawyers in the country are not in support of the removal of fuel subsidy, adding that “the over 100 per cent increment placed on fuel pump price after the removal of the fuel subsidy by the Federal Government cannot be implemented.”

According to him, “only a very few people that are not up to .003 of the population can afford to buy petrol at the over 200 per cent increase in price. Government is adamant in the quest to remove this subsidy. The people are equally resolved in its opposition to the removal of subsidy.”

The NBA President said Nigeria is up for rough times ahead and that the time has come for a final determination whether those in Government derive their power from the people or whether they are independent and owe their stay in power to other entities other than the people.

“We foresee a victory and liberation for the people of Nigeria, while those pushing for deregulation in the present form will depart with more than a bloodied nose,” he said.

“Throughout the Obasanjo Administration and up to the close of the Yar’adua Administration subsidy did not exceed N300 billion. How it has now shot up to N1.3 trillion or thereabout without any corresponding increase in the supply of PMS remains a matter for serious inquiry,” he said.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by sheyguy: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

@bolded,
you have to go teach that to touts in the south and almajiris in the north.
Eva since the 'southern touts' tried to access power via 'hit and run' tactics and were dumped aside they av learn not to mess around again, the North is the only challenge we have now.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by M16: 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
Million dollar question? petrol currently being sold, was it ordered pre or post fuel subsidy removal.if the products were already in tank farms and filling stations, it means they were imported at least 3 weeks ago.

Is this subsidizied petrol being sold to us at post subsidy price.if it is it must be the biggest scam ever
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by 3kay945(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
Why wont the SS or SE join the protest? Arent there poor ppl there?!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by abelian: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
@NigeriaNewsdesk
Nigeria Newsdesk
Onitsha Main Market planning a strike to protest #subsidyremoval. #occupynigeria

https://twitter.com/#!/NigeriaNewsdesk
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by abelian: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
If BIS shuts dwn 2mrw, We gonna bring dwn d telecomms offices! We paid 4d service! Why disconnect us cos we'r tryin 2b hrd! #OccupyNigeria!

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23occupyNigeria[/url]
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by abelian: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
if people get shot at by the police, the peaceful protest might turn to a full state of anarchy. Remember students irrespective of their affiliations or tribe spearheaded the June12 struggle, now imagine this scenario where one of the students get shot at or killed, it is an act of war on the fellow students. That is just a tip of the ice-berg compared to what awaits any one that tries the use of force to silence the oppositions, A word of warning, whoever thinks Nigerians are cowards should have a serious rethink, because the status quo has changed.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by abelian: 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
WHEN, WHERE, HOW AND WHY. #OccupyNigeria
Posted on January 3, 2012
by Azeenarh Mohammed (@xeenarh)
(Closeted optimist, provocative writer)

The people are restless and the demands for a demonstration are loud. I am very happy to hear those calls, but once again I must call for caution. The events that took place at #EagleSquare in Abuja and other parts of the country yesterday the 2nd January 2011 only serves to buttress my point: we simply aren’t ready…YET.
What started out as a call by Dino Meleye to take down the names and details of volunteers eventually ended badly. Citizens were tear-gassed, bullied, chased, beaten & some where arrested. As I write this, some of them are still in custody. Although I am unhappy with these events, Japheth Omojuwa has pointed the glass as half full for me because the turn out was massive despite just having only 1 or 2 hours to mobilise.
But as much as we want to rush out and demonstrate, we have to do it with reason. Why not use the few days we have left to organise and prepare ourselves? Let me tell you why.

RULES GUIDING THESE PROTESTS:
A written notice shall be delivered to the police, SSS, road safety and other relevant agencies stating the intention for a peaceful protest in accordance to Chapter 4 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with particular reference to Sections 33, 34, 35, 38, 39, 40 and 41 of the CFRN which will contain the date, time, where the protest will take place (from which streets it starts and to which it will convene) and the estimated number of people expected.
We shall not stoop to the level of fighting the security forces physically, with arms, or engage them in verbal arguments. They are first of all Nigerians and we have to remember that.
Protesters will not obstruct traffic, or antagonise people going about their normal business.
With crowds, absolute control can not be achieved but we must try our best. Violence is NOT an option. I repeat, violence is not an option. Let’s not give this people a reason to turn on us. A single life is too costly-and we’ve lost too many already. We can do it peacefully and we will. We are going to rely on the educated ones among us to broker & maintain peace in case a disagreement ensures.
We will ensure that every excuse used in the past to intimidate and harass citizens are minimised and if possible, completely extinguished. Hopefully, the police, army, civil defence and co will join us shortly.
Now remember, Mr President has said he is willing to risk civil disobedience by removing subsidy. This tells us that they are ready for us. We not only have to match their resolve, we have to beat them at it.

WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO ACHIEVE? The demand is short and simple: Return fuel subsidy until our refineries are either fixed or new ones built! My mentor Salim Malami asked me to google ‘How To Build A Refinery?’ Apparently, a refinery takes between 24-36months to build from concept to completion. This is a fact. Jamnagar Refinery located in India is the biggest refinery in the world and it took 36months to build. The question we should be asking is why isn’t our government trying to refine its crude oil? We also want the cabal found and prosecuted, the billions retrieved, and we demand transparency instead of secrecy in the oil industry.

HOW DO WE INTEND TO RETURN SUBSIDY? The ONLY logical way for us to achieve our aim of returning subsidy (apart from certain war) is IF and WHEN the entire government is ground down to a halt. Anything short of this will get us nowhere. Realistically, this can only be done with the help of organised labour. No one will be allowed to go to work: and when everyone from janitors, secretaries, accountants, human resources, gate men, personnel, to support staff, all continue to shun work at ministries, parastatals, airports etc, the government will have no option but to dialogue with us and our demand WILL remain simple from the beginning to the end: return subsidy and we return to work. I know the cynicism people feel towards organised labour and their tendency to sell out. Believe me, I feel it to. My singular consolation is that WE make labour so we will have to sit up and NOT sell out.
Now is the time when we need everyone to be on board; from organised labour, religious groups, professional institutions, unions NUJ, NURTW, ASUU, SUG, NBA, Civil societies, clubs, NGO’s, self employed individuals, to your gateman, your househelp, the owner of the store at the corner of your house, the mai-ruwa, the mai-shayi, the brick layer, the saloon owner, the groundnut hawker, the teachers, the nurses, the cab drivers & okada riders to ALL come together and stand as ONE. We must have EVERYONE involved.

WHEN WILL WE START PROTESTING? From the looks of it, FRIDAY 6th JANUARY 2012 will be the date. When it starts, no one expects government to cower immediately. Citizens are expected to use Wednesday & Thursday (4th & 5th January 2012) to make long term plans that will ensure their comfort and that of their families for about 2 weeks to a month.

I expect everyone to share this message via email, print, bbm, twitter, facebook and beyond. We need you all to recruit and engage one another. This protests can not be isolated. We will shock government with our coordination.

WHAT MESSAGE ARE WE PASSING ALONG: we are ONE, we are organised, we do NOT believe in violence, and we will persevere until fuel subsidy is returned.

WHY ARE WE DOING IT THIS WAY? Because having little 150-200 disorganised rallies will not help anyone. If every group organised their rallies & demonstrations, they would be ineffective, uncoordinated, and the security operatives will end up bullying, intimidating & arresting protesters. The rest will be lucky to flee for their safety, returning home dejected & discouraged having lost energy, time and effort. Labour is ready, willing and able to shut down the entire country. We will join them to ensure that they not only do it, but they do it right. Once again, I need to remind us all: this is not the time for ego’s, popularity, fame or fortune. Our strength lies in our unity and our planning. There will be no winners if we refuse to work together. This is not the time to be alone, or prove that you can do it on your own. ONLY IF WE ARE TOGETHER ARE WE UNBREAKABLE!

WHERE WILL WE DEMONSTRATE & PROTEST? In all 36 states of the federation + FCT. The most delicate ones are the four with state of emergencies (Plateau, Yobe, Niger & Borno) but we are doing our best to keep them involved.
(Tentatively) Protests are expected to kick off simultaneously at 10am in all states (most venue’s are yet to be finalised) and we will continue our peaceful demonstrations all over the country until the subsidy is removed.
You all asked for a chance to prove your worth, a chance to contribute your quota to your Nigeria. Well this is it…so please don’t blow it. Read, share, retweet, email, print/circulate, and orally recruit more people. If each of us recruited 10 neighbours & family members, and each of those 10 people recruited 10 more persons, we will well be on our way to taking back this country from our oppressors. No number is too much and none is too little. Emails can still be sent to xeenarh@gmail.com with phone numbers & location to help with easier co-ordination and to aid in faster sharing of information. “IF WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT WE MAY WIN. IF WE DON’T WE HAVE ALREADY LOST.” (Unknown)

http://azeenarh./2012/01/03/when-where-how-and-why-occupynigeria/
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
I had to visit this thread again because of certain posts here. Why folks will come out here and say that SS and SE will not join to protest the subsidy removal beats me. Is that what those regions said or have the people saying this suddenly become the mouthpiece of SS and SE? Does protesting against a policy automatically translate to a vote of no confidence against the government. How do folks make these illogical leaps in reasoning?

What the SE/SS will vehemently oppose is efforts to use the protest as an excuse to remove GEJ and believe me if those two zones do not join in the protest, it means that they have realised that the protest is just a ruse for those still mad at GEJ's ascent to power. BESIDE THAT, THERE IS NO REASON FOR THEM NOT TO JOIN THE PROTESTS.

My problem here is that folks who have been mad about GEJ being in power and who even said before the election that a minority is unelectable and that minorities do not have the acumen to rule the Country and those that said they will make the nation ungovernable are the most Vocal opposers of GEJ. This makes it clear that GEJs' 'crimes' is not what they are shouting about  but his origins and their soreness at their candidates losing the election. This background is certainly what folks will remember and that might make them undecided about joining the protest since the real agenda is questionable and this has been confirmed on this thread by some who say that it will be AN OPPORTUNITY for a coup.

The fact is that this is not the first time that fuel prices have been tampered with. OBJ did it severally but nobody talked about using it to depose him. I personally think that the timing of the subsidy removal was wrong. All the goodwill that GEJ garnered from the state of emergency broadcast he seemed to sqaunder a few days later by the subsidy removal. IT IS NOT GOOD TO FIGHT TOO MANY BATTLES AT DIFFERENT FRONTS AT THE SAME TIME BUT ON SECOND THOUGHTS DESPERATE TIMES REQUIRE DESPERATE MEASURES.IT COULD REALLY BE THAT THE ECONOMY IS ABOUT TO FACE A DESPERATE TURN.

However my interpretation of his move no matter how wrongly timed is that it is an invitation to treat. OBJ used the same strategy severally to jerk up fuel price gradually. So this policy I think  is an attempt to re-negotiate the price of fuel with the Nation and It will eventually result to a slight increase not a complete withdrawal of the subsidy. Those who think IT is an opportunity for a coup ARE IN FOR A SURPRISE SINCE IT IS A PLANNED PROGRAMME.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by abelian: 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF60H9lGS3s[/flash]

response of those arrested at eagles square abuja, after their release
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
Alh Harem wrote

Genetic analysis was actually carried out and it was found out that 5 groups in the SS are more closely related to the Yoruba/Nigerians than your so called group

These groups are as followed

Ijaw/Kalabari

Itsekiri

Bini/Edo

Urhobo/Isoko

Ilaje

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/2139

so I don't see where you are coming from.  

Dude I checked Your reference and found no mention of genetic study. What were mentioned are historical, mythological and linguist linkages to Egypt ,Ilaje, Bini and Itsekiri.  Ilaje, Bini and Itsekiri we already know but their claim of Egyptian descent remains to be proved.Again no mention of Ijaw and Urhobo/Isoko.
Were you mistaken in your reference or will you actually descend so low in intellectual dishonesty to score an internet brownie point?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by gidiMonsta(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
Let me remind the goons of NL (beaf = pointB, ejine and the rest) that those of us protesting in Lagos are not just Yorubas, we have Ibos. Ijaws and Hausas who are tired of the inhumane treatment given to us by the spineless oaf in Aso rock, who yanked the rug of subsidy from under our feet without giving us a chance to adjust our budgets. I am very sure you do not believe the nonsense you spew here except you are entirely devoid of conscience.

People will stand up for their rights no matter their religious or tribal affiliations, Hon. Dino Melayo is not a westerner neither is he a Northerner, @omojuwa and @egghead are examples of SS brodas standing up against tyranny, wake up beaf b4 what happened to Ghaddafi becomes child's play compared to what is coming to you and ur useless boss.

BTW Onitsha will join #occupyNigeria tomorrow and i am very sure PH is warming up too.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aletheia(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Sorry, but you are the "hopelessly naive" one here if you see rhetoric and are uninformed by the history we are seeing playing out before our very eyes.
^
Of course; events now begin to play out as scripted.

Hope you read this in today's Daily Trust (a paper not friendly to the present regime)

Asked about the threat by labour to shut down the country following government’s announcement of ending petrol subsidies, Abati said, “I hold that Labour will hold on to its promise that it will support whatever government does in the interest of the Nigerian people because labour was consulted.

“I attended those meetings with labour and I know that at that meeting there were clearly some understandings reached.

And you talked about the "owners of Nigeria". May be you should read this article:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fuel-subsidy-northern-governors-mobilizing-against-mass-protest

I hope you factored the nigh-unanimity among the Governors (including ACN governors) on the removal of fuel subsidy into your fantasy coup.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Let me remind the goons of NL (beaf = pointB, ejine and the rest) that those of us protesting in Lagos are not just Yorubas, we have Ibos. Ijaws and Hausas who are tired of the inhumane treatment given to us by the spineless oaf in Aso rock, who yanked the rug of subsidy from under our feet without giving us a chance to adjust our budgets. I am very sure you do not believe the nonsense you spew here except you are entirely devoid of conscience.

People will stand up for their rights no matter their religious or tribal affiliations, Hon. Dino Melayo is not a westerner neither is he a Northerner, @omojuwa and @egghead are examples of SS brodas standing up against tyranny, wake up beaf b4 what happened to Ghaddafi becomes child's play compared to what is coming to you and your useless boss.

BTW Onitsha will join #occupyNigeria tomorrow and i am very sure PH is warming up too.

thank you my brother

don't tribalise protest against fuel subsidy. We are one people

SE do not be left out cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by ak47mann(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsaharareporters.com%2Fnews-page%2Fpro-subsidy-protester-gunned-down-police-ilorin&h=YAQHLdYT3AQGk-QKUWiA2fDIJGlRs_keH4Pod21yhkyZCKg

Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Shot Dead - A protester shot dead in Ilroin by the Nigerian police

Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by eros(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nigeria is about to experience what she has never experienced before. Even the police officers who think they can use force and scare tactics to disperse protesters had better think twice.

We have done too much talking, now is the time for action. Just wait and see what will happen in the days to come.

We are tired, frustrated and angry and somebody must feel the fury of our anger.

NIGERIA GET READY FOR BLOOD.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by ak47mann(m): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
"Its very shameful to see how irresponsible nigerians can act and demonstrate on matters of less importance. Boko Haram is killing innocent citizen and no one is demonstrating. Only for criminals,Hopeless Agberos and jobless students who dont even own a bicycle to waste their lives over fuel subsidy. When it comes to fuel price reduction, christians and terrorists muslims will come together to demonstrate, but they will turnback to kill us later. What a shame?"

All am saying is that Nigeria should protest against the top shot sponsors on boko haram,if we succeed on that, then we can protest on  fuel subsidy removal,even if Jonathan suspend it,terrorist will still be killing innocent people cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ufeolorun(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
ak47mann:

"Its very shameful to see how irresponsible nigerians can act and demonstrate on matters of less importance. Boko Haram is killing innocent citizen and no one is demonstrating. Only for criminals,Hopeless Agberos and jobless students who dont even own a bicycle to waste their lives over fuel subsidy. When it comes to fuel price reduction, christians and terrorists muslims will come together to demonstrate, but they will turnback to kill us later. What a shame?"

All am saying is that Nigeria should protest against the top shot sponsors on boko haram,if we succeed on that, then we can protest on  fuel subsidy removal,even if Jonathan suspend it,terrorist will still be killing innocent people cool
  embarassed
I am surprised you know what shame is cos that's the only word I can use to describe your activities on this platform.These agberos do not have cars or bicycles but they surely eat Agege bread,and if the connection is difficult for you to make those who make Agege bread use generators at their bakeries. sad
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by noiseless: 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
All of a sudden those who have been sleeping all this while boko haram and their agents have been trying hard to wipe christians off the face of nigeria,want a collaboration with the the infidels,REALLY where have some of you hard core boko haram supporters been hiding your faces? OIL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE BLOOD OF INNOCENTS,what a smelly shit.I can only conclude that majority are those who just can't wait to use this an excuse and opportunity, they have been waiting for to bring down a government led by those they see/treat as outcast in nigeria.IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT OIL MONEY,WHY DID I NOT SEE PEOPLE PROTEST AND DEMAND THE GOVERNMENT TO ARREST AND BRING THOSE SO CALLED SACRED COWS FUNDING BOKO HARAM WHO HAVE THE BLOOD OF BROTHERS/SISTERS ON THEIR HANDS?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by nagoma(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
@noiseless

Are U scared? If you think doubling the pump price of petrol is good for Nigerians just say so and give your reasons. Failure of government to get to the root of Boko Haram makes the issues cumulative for our clueless president. We have two major , major reasons to be really angry - and we are citizens. sad sad
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
ak47mann:

"Its very shameful to see how irresponsible nigerians can act and demonstrate on matters of less importance. Boko Haram is killing innocent citizen and no one is demonstrating. Only for criminals,[size=18pt]Hopeless Agberos and jobless students who dont even own a bicycle to waste their lives over fuel subsidy[/size]. When it comes to fuel price reduction, christians and terrorists muslims will come together to demonstrate, but they will turnback to kill us later. What a shame?"

This is soo daft that I dont even know where to start.

these Jobless students and Agbero do they take buses and bikes to wherever they are going? FYI cost of transportation for them just increased by over 100%

Which retardd thinks its only car owners who suffer from subsidy removal
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Roland17(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
Without any iota of doubt, i think he is heading towards that route and if not careful the seat might swallow him,
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
ak47mann:

It is safe to say that you, my man, are a freaking disgrace to humanity. I'm pretty sure if the white man knew that this was the type of rubbish you'd type in his language he'd have done everything possible to ensure you didn't learn english.

So, Nigerians should protest against[b] Boko Haram[/b] sponsors before you lend your support? THE SAME BOKO HARAM GEJ CLAIMS TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE BUT HES REFUSING TO EXPOSE THEM?

In time, Nigerians will realize that it was GEJ that orchestrated all those bombings in the beginning (scare tactics to intimidate the populace into voting for him) and now they've gotten out of control and his opponents and every looney out there is now tossing bombs like confetti. GEJ claims to know the Cabal, the Bombers, and the Hijackers of Nigeria's Economy: WHY HASNT HE REVEALED WHO THEY ARE?! You want to know why: BECAUSE GEJ IS THE BOOGEY MAN HIMSELF, THATS WHY!!!!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by VoodooDoll(m): 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Go and carry out your id!ots revolution. You will learn a thing or two.
You will be shocked to find out how badly some of us want Oduduwa and Arewa; more than anything, you will be shocked at how prepared and organised your foes are. We have been looking for any excuse to dump your rotting ship, so please give it to us, run wild and burn shiit down, twist Lagos and bend Zamfara with protests. Lolz!

Dude, go on the streets and freely express your "Egyptian" idiocy. Words are cheap (especially after the sepe has cleared from your eyes).

. . .By the way, "Ihejirika na our blood." Swine, let it kill you.

Little bEAF writes like a very disturbed old man playing with feaces. The way he spends every waking hour filled with hate and bigotry but remains committed to his Judas like cause of betraying Nigerians from all corners of our collective commonwealth.

He lies like a hooker two timing her love-vendor and then mixes half truths with bigoted lies.

Even a five year old child knows Nigeria has problems so he uses that like a fecal deflector after he has flung feaces at a ceiling fan.

Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aagarba05(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
Oh, I think so! I pity a helpless man-made Nigeria and innocent Nigerians who have been coerced into receiving the most unwanted and bitterest eternal dividends of democracy on the occasion of their D-Day mass burial. The Great Grand Chief Commander, Jonathan, on one side, is set for the worst and the underrated Boko Haram, on the other side, has sworn to try their hardest and issued a three-day ultimatum to Christians currently residing in the North just for them to quit before the battle line is drawn. Whilst all this is on, a rich diversity of protests are being staged all over the land owing to the fuel subsidy recently removed by Mr President in his unilateral decision. Considering all these factors, what does it really mean, my fellow Nigerians? Is this not how it started like a play in this very nation of ours in 1966/1967? Having carefully studied a similar historical precedent and learnt from the great lessons of antecedent events which have always been the bane of our socio-political and economic life, I feel this must be a prelude to what is far greater than what we can see today, even though millions may not comprehend it. The possible continued massacre of innocent Christians by Boko Haram on one hand, and of innocent Muslims by the purported Nigerian troops on the other hand, will surely cause chaos of unimaginable degrees. What an imminent civil war!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / Please, No 2019 For Buhari - By Ochereome Nnanna / El-rufai Sues Shehu Sani For Defamation For N2 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.