Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? (12625 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:34am On Jan 03, 2012
Ogbonaikenna:

The SS are more clever now. They now know who their brothers are. You can't separate us cos blood is thicker than water

funny people.

fuel subsidy = brother/ tribe/ ethnicity/ region/

what are you people talking about ? If you people are not born tribalist, why do you always tribalise things ?

Are you people this sick and bitter for real ?

Now who are the SS, Nigerians or Biafrans since you keep refering to them as brothers and what makes them different from others or others are enemies ?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:36am On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

[size=13pt]Gbawe, who are the "owners of Nigeria?"[/size]

the owners of Nigeria are those finding opportunity to tribalise everything to there advantage
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ejine(m): 2:38am On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

story story. a beg go tell ignorant people that not ME. Ok

yeah I am also from baylsa thus I am  A south-southern so what are u talking about. Forget my I.D I am from brass island in bayalsa state and I can tell you my household and street.

Now that is said. Good to know u never supported fuel subsidy.

Now I expect protest in the SS and SW for obvoius reason because they are Nigerians just like me and would know what the masses are going through

Yes I do not expect protest in the SE for obvious reasons which is best known to them or people like you.

Okay cool. I consider myself a realist, really, so for that reason, where you come from doesn't really matter to me (cuz we're all Nigerians and have no control over it); but it's we're you're going I'll pay attention to.

Now, on the discussion:

You know what? Let Lagosians and Ogunites (the two states who've shown interest in protesting) carry on with the march tomorrow, and we Niger-Deltans promise to give you our utmost support. . . Errr. . . From behind our TV sets, that is. grin

Right, Beaf? grin grin cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 2:40am On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

Who the phuck are you referring to as "owners of Nigeria," if not Yoruba and Fulani people? [/b]You are a disgrace to every educated person.

Illiterate dullard !!! I mean the owners of Nigeria, [b]from every corner of the nation
, who come together to determine what direction the Nation must head in without consulting olodos like you. Why will your inferiority complex not lead you to believe I am talking about "Yoruba and fulani people"? What a fool !!! We have seen the same set of "owners of Nigeria" (IBB, OBJ, Anenih et al) controlling the nation for the past few decades , via planting their stooges everywhere, yet losers like you will never be up to speed with the real state of affairs.  

You will continue to fall for the divide-and-conquer ruse they will keep dominating you with. See core North if you want. See Yoruba "owners of Nigeria" also as suits your paranoia fueled by natural inferiority complex. What is obvious to clever Nigerians is that those who continue to get the best out of Nigeria are those who subscribe to the ethos that Nigeria is divided down lines that has nothing to do with ethnicity and more to do with the crude fight to control the commonwealth of the nation.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:41am On Jan 03, 2012
@alh_haren, What makes the SS different from others is because it has been shown through genetic analysis that we are brothers. Go and make your own research.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by 2mch(m): 2:41am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Illiterate dullard !!! I mean the owners of Nigeria, from every corner of the nation, who come together to determine what direction the Nation must head in without consulting olodos like you. Why will your inferiority complex not lead you to believe I am talking about "Yoruba and fulani people"? What a fool !!! We have seen the same set of "owners of Nigeria" (IBB, OBJ, Anenih et al) controlling the nation for the past few decades , via planting their stooges everywhere, yet losers like you will never be up to speed with the real state of affairs.  

It is not his job to be up to speed. It is his job to be ignorant and wait for crumbs to fall in his mouth, while trying to confuse and lie to the Nigerian youth. You are expecting a lot from beaf.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2012
Ejiné:

Okay cool. I consider myself a realist, really, so for that reason, where you come from doesn't really matter to me (cuz we're all Nigerians and have no control over it); but it's we're you're going I'll pay attention to.

Now, on the discussion:

You know what? Let Lagosians and Ogunites (the two states who've shown interest in protesting) carry on with the march tomorrow, and we Niger-Deltans promise to give you our utmost support. . . Errr. . . From behind our TV sets, that is. grin

Well I am a realist as well so we are not too different ( if I may say). Yes you brought up the issue of the region you are from and all I did was to point out to you that I am also from the SS and from the dominate group in the SS.

Yes now we can discuss.

I can't recall Ogun planning a protest. I would not mind if you can provide a source for your claim. Yes Lagos there would be protest and it comprises of all groups from all regions. You see, the way you construct your words makes you a tribalist. I would like to pose this question to you. Who are the Niger-deltans ? Are they not Nigerians ? If yes then I believe they would protest as well.

Now I would prefer Niger-deltans apart from the tribalist such as yourself (no offence) Beaf and anyother South-easterner posing as a South-Southern not to speak on behalf of South-Southerners. You deplete them as unintelligent and less of a human being by speaking for them and dragging them into every discussion as if they have no mind on there own. Let me remain you that NO SOUTH-SOUTHERNER is A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN TO ANYONE.

Thanks for your time and log in with other username as you please.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aletheia(m): 2:50am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

No one, after circa three months of suffering, for example will hate those who depose GEJ and immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion (the original approved NASS figure) limited to the original major marketers while the fraudulent "independent" marketers who swelled subsidy to N1.4 trillions are paraded in public with a clear establishment of how they actually scammed Nigeria, through round tripping, over-invoicing, redirecting locally refined oil back to Nigeria as "imported" fuel. All this done in collaboration with the NNPC  controlled by the Petroleum Minister and the Government of the day. There is far too much slackness , the sort to justify all kinds of "desperate actions for desperate times", going on under GEJ. There will be grave reperrcussions.
^
I find this post hopelessly naive. So three months is the projected timeline to the hoped for coup? Who will depose GEJ? Who will immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion etc? What grave repercussions?

I fear you are beginning to believe your own rhetoric, which is divorced from the reality of today's Nigeria.

Who will take the lead? You? Or others who keep venting on Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter? Not likely.

Here's the likely scenario that will unfold.

In situations such as this, Nigerians have traditionally looked up to NLC to provide leadership and direction. Of course NLC (which leaders are part of the elite consensus that subsidy should go) will as usual talk tough and threaten. . .will call a general strike.

The strike will last about three or so days. . .maybe a week and a half maximum while "negotiations" with the FG go on, then Labor will announce that they are "suspending" the strike for a period of maybe "six" months or so. . .while they watch if Government will make good on its palliative measures. Labor will agree to be part of the committee to monitor implementation of "subsidy savings".

. . .and so will end the "great Nigerian revolution" of 2012. A "revolution" that was spawned and died on Internet forums and social networks.

I have a suspicion that your reaction would not have been so bitterly vehement if it was "Saint" Ribadu et al doing the subsidy removal. Then you would have come to argue the necessity of such a move. Prove me wrong.

kettykin:

i laugh at the mistakes people make assuming they can use sit tight protest to unsit a president in Nigeria without a tacit backing of the world powers.
^
So true.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:55am On Jan 03, 2012
Ogbonaikenna:

@alh_haren, What makes the SS different from others is because it has been shown through genetic analysis that we are brothers. Go and make your own research.

Now I would prefer Niger-deltans apart from the tribalist such as yourself (no offence) Beaf and anyother South-easterner posing as a South-Southern not to speak on behalf of South-Southerners. You deplete them as unintelligent and less of a human being by speaking for them and dragging them into every discussion as if they have no mind on there own. Let me remain you that NO SOUTH-SOUTHERNER is A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN TO ANYONE MOST ESPECIALLY AN IGBO MAN. NO SOUTH-SOUTHERNER WOULD BE A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN IN BAIFRA OK.

Genetic analysis was actually carried out and it was found out that 5 groups in the SS are more closely related to the Yoruba/Nigerians than your so called group

These groups are as followed

Ijaw/Kalabari

Itsekiri

Bini/Edo

Urhobo/Isoko

Ilaje

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/2139

so I don't see where you are coming from.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by 2mch(m): 2:59am On Jan 03, 2012
Wait, who here says world powers will back this regime? hahahaha, World powers support anyone with momentum and favour. Dont deceive yourself at all. Look at the middleeast. World power's are only on the winners side. And the winners are always the people. Even the army too, remember they are Nigerians. They are also hit by this fuel subsidy of a thing. So their loyalty is definitely not assured. They will not turn their guns on their people for long. The army is never loyal to any government but to the country. grin cheesy
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ejine(m): 3:02am On Jan 03, 2012
Yes Lagos there would be
protest and it comprises of all
groups from all regions. You see,
the way you construct your
words makes you a tribalist. I
would like to pose this question
to you. Who are the Niger-
deltans ? Are they not
Nigerians ? If yes then I believe
they would protest as well.
Now I would prefer Niger-
deltans apart from the tribalist
such as yourself (no offence)
Beaf and anyother South-
easterner posing as a South-
Southern not to speak on behalf
of South-Southerners.

Tribalist? Phew. Okay pal. Now I can see what sort of conversation you're really hoping to have with me, but unfortunately for you and your wild imaginations, that won't be happening. So this will be my last reply to you, after which every single post from you to me will be permanently ignored for as long as I stay on this site, whether they're friendly or not.  
As for Ogun, well, consult your BlackBerry if you have one. The messages have been floating around since yesterday.

As for your every-tribe-is-in-Lagos, I say - How does that have anything to do with my first post, or did you see me mention any tribes there? Or is it just from your desperation to keep this conversation going? Well, I've lost interest anyway.

And finally, on your empty tribalism allegation, I ain't complaining really, cuz it's the internet anyway, and believe me, your opinion is not one I'll be caring about in a billion years to come, so abeg bros, go siddon jor.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 3:12am On Jan 03, 2012
Ejiné:

Tribalist? Phew. Okay pal. Now I can see what sort of conversation you're really hoping to have with me, but unfortunately for you and your wild imaginations, that won't be happening. So this will be my last reply to you, after which every single post from you to me will be permanently ignored for as long as I stay on this site, whether they're friendly or not.  
As for Ogun, well, consult your BlackBerry if you have one. The messages have been floating around since yesterday.

As for your every-tribe-is-in-Lagos, I say - How does that have anything to do with my first post, or did you see me mention any tribes there? Or is it just from your desperation to keep this conversation going? Well, I've lost interest anyway.

And finally, on your empty tribalism allegation, I ain't complaining really, cuz it's the internet anyway, and believe me, your opinion is not one I'll be caring about in a billion years to come, so abeg bros, go siddon jor.

You know I find it funny the way you said " this is last post". My friend or should I say fellow Nigerian, I would am not stopping you from posting or not posting. It is an online forum and thus you are free to do whatever you like.(Just wanted to remind you before you get carried away).

Now what is all the "billion years" about. You are making no sense.

You came here telling us about a section or a geographical section of the country not protesting with others and yet you are trying to appear an open minded person ? Don't you think that is childish of you to do so ?

My brother good night but I would like you let you ponder on those words I said to you. Thanks smiley
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 3:18am On Jan 03, 2012
Ejiné:

Now, on the discussion:

Yeah, my guy! I'm gonna buy a large screen TV! Lolz!
People have every right to protest, but when some begin ethnising political issues and claiming that their ethic group or ethnic alliances are the "owners of Nigeria" who others must follow, then bros, na to buy cinema ticket make we siddon look o! Let the "owners of Nigeria" entertain us! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Onlytruth(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2012
lol, Alj_Harem:

Original ethnicity: Kanuri (Borno state)
Ethnicity most of the time: Awori (Lagos)
Ethnicity when trying to undermine Igbos from within : Igbo (Anambra)
Ethnicity when trying to steal oil from SS: Ijaw (Bayelsa state)

"A man who wears dark glasses in the night, is my idea of a criminal"

Onlytruth.  cool cool cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by PointB: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2012
Most folks in the south east have adapted to the changes in fuel price seamlessly. Now some goons are prophesing doomsday scenarios that will never be. In any case I would enjoy watching on the sideline as the protest entertainment begin - I mean me and my folks.

Lets the 'real owners' of Nigeria tear themselves into pieces. By the way I hope Boko Haram not invited to the party?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by member479760: 9:38am On Jan 03, 2012
Nothing is gonna happen here! if you are electrical engineer this is the right time for you to use your brain, start your own business and start making the money!

What happen to this: permanent-magnetic-generator - get the free manual online and start building it to sell, any issue let me know!

you don't need to invent anything, it has been invented, just do it!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by nagoma(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2012
Nothing will happen tribalism is more important than economy or progress or survival for the Nigerian. How did GEJ came to be president ? Political acumen? History of Great leadership? Track record of effective implementation of transparent development programs? No, No and No!!The clueless dude was imposed on us as a tribal overload. the fresh air contnues , enjoy the new petrol prices while the ruling class remit whatever is extorted from your pockets into their foreign accounts. angry
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by miftah: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2012
To be forewarned is to be forearm, the earlier the better for people to come bac to their hometown before they start to shed bomb, but dis ppl kno where to start shelling their bombs.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by 9jaIhail(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2012
WHY YOU ALL CLAMOURING FOR FUEL AND OIL SUBSIDY. WHAT ABOUT GRANUT,TIMBER,SALT,KOLA NUT, ETC SUBSIDY ARE THEY NOT NIGERIAN RESOURCES WHY CAN'T YOU ALL ADVOCATE AND PROTEST FOR IT TO BE PAY ATTENTION AS WELL. WHEN THE OIL IN SE/SS GOT DRY THEN EARTHQUAKE WILL START HITTING THE PEOPLE OF SE/SS AND YOU CRY CRY BABIES WILL BE SAFE. LOOK IF ANYTHING HAPPEN TO GEJ YOU ALL WILL REALIZE THAT HE IS NOT THERE ON HIS OWN.

RUBBISH PROTEST
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by FEMARY1: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2012
Maybe.

Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2012
aletheia:

^
I find this post hopelessly naive. So three months is the projected timeline to the hoped for coup? Who will depose GEJ? Who will immediately reinstate subsidy of N240 billion etc? What grave repercussions?

I fear you are beginning to believe your own rhetoric, which is divorced from the reality of today's Nigeria.

Who will take the lead? You? Or others who keep venting on Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter? Not likely.

Here's the likely scenario that will unfold.

In situations such as this, Nigerians have traditionally looked up to NLC to provide leadership and direction. Of course NLC (which leaders are part of the elite consensus that subsidy should go) will as usual talk tough and threaten. . .will call a general strike.

The strike will last about three or so days. . .maybe a week and a half maximum while "negotiations" with the FG go on, then Labor will announce that they are "suspending" the strike for a period of maybe "six" months or so. . .while they watch if Government will make good on its palliative measures. Labor will agree to be part of the committee to monitor implementation of "subsidy savings".

. . .and so will end the "great Nigerian revolution" of 2012. A "revolution" that was spawned and died on Internet forums and social networks.

^
So true.

Sorry, but you are the "hopelessly naive" one here if you see rhetoric and are uninformed by the history we are seeing playing out before our very eyes. Some people percieved that GEJ, assisted by his "treacherous" mentors (OBJ, Anenih et al) "cheated" them of power. If those people are very prepared to murder thousands of Nigerians , in a sustained assault, merely to cause problems for GEJ, are we Nigerians daft enough to then think they will may not be opportunistic enough to try anything and then immediately use populist pontification to justify their actions to a hungry and highly overburdened people?

Did IBB, even as one would assume his pretensions to being a democrat would stay his tongue, not back the coup actions of Dadis Camara in Guinea not too long ago as "patriotic" and "necessary"? Scour the net and you will see that some prominent Nigerians have already stated that GEJ is playing into the hands of his opponent with this move. I wonder what you think they mean by that when , even as non of us can prove it, we all know those battling GEJ are not averse to doing anything.

I have a suspicion that your reaction would not have been so bitterly vehement if it was "Saint" Ribadu et al doing the subsidy removal. Then you would have come to argue the necessity of such a move. Prove me wrong.

I am not one anyone's side. I am merely a Nigerian who says it as he sees it. If that is difficult to accept for some of you then please ignore my post rather than writing emotionally in response to what I say. It was also "rhetoric" and "gibberish" when some of us suggested that terrorism is the instrument they will use to ensure GEJ is bogged down hopelessly.

Are we not seeing that now with Nigerians dying, insecurity and fear everywhere, mutual loathing and suspicion amongst Nigerians, nearly a trillion naira voted for security, state of emergency in certain places and inward flow of investment beginning to suffer due to choices the "owners of Nigeria " made and did not consult you and me over? When these people make their "gentleman's aggreement", fallout over it and then draw a line in the sand with each other, why should Nigerians get emotional about it instead of looking at issues dispassionately? Is it because most Nigerians just cast their support blindly in favour of religious and ethnic bias? I am sorry I will not join anyone to do that when , in the selfish struggle of 'camps' all devoted to control the wealth of the nation selfishly, I see no saints.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Impulse80(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2012
I would say that Nigeria is a bombrunner's dream bcause this is the begining of chaos, anarchy and the likes my congrats to GEJ
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by ideylaff: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2012
So sad to see a thread that needed people to come together as one and fight the cabal holding us to ransome

Telling us to tighten our belts while they spend Billions as they want all in the name of Governance

Its a PITY, and a crying SHAME.

GOD help and deliver us from non cohesion of voice as a people

@ beaf when the fire comes, u surely wont be spared, no hiding place 4 d evil doers and their supporters

in a twinkle of an eye what looks like an impossible task cld be possible, angry
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aletheia(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Sorry, but you are the "hopelessly naive" one here if you see rhetoric and are uninformed by the history we are seeing playing out before our very eyes.
No problem. You gave a 3-month timeline for a coup of sorts. We shall see.

Hope you will be man enough to admit that your projections were off when the hoped for coup d'etat does not materialize.

History. Your calculations are based on there being such a huge groundswell of popular opposition to the loss of fuel subsidy that it provides legitimate cover for an attempted putsch. Unfortunately for your theorizing: there will be no such mass protests; there will only be isolated protests in a few major urban centers like Lagos, Ibadan, Kano. . .and that is it.

You talk about history but forget that we have seen this scenario play out many times over with always the outcome that the increased fuel prices always stays.
You take no account of the psyche of the Nigerian middle-class. . .who are not ready to leave their comfort zones. As an example consider the behavior: PPPRA announces an end to subsidies and what do we see? Nigerians queuing up to buy fuel at the new prices of circa N140. That is not the behavior of people who can sustain a protest.

Please wait for your NLC-led General Strike to change the status quo.  grin

aletheia:

. . .and so will end the "great Nigerian revolution" of 2012. A "revolution" that was spawned and died on Internet forums and social networks.[/i]
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by rhymz(m): 11:55am On Jan 03, 2012
I am realy worried about the prospects of this country. GEJ obviously is a lameduck and surreptituosly, his government has been hijacked by his western controlled Ministers. This action has shown how dishonest, cunning and unreliable this government is. The timing shows insensitivity and dishonesty. God, the people of this country are suffering greatly and have been tamed with very wicked economic policies to a numbing projection. Obviously, people are begining to wake up to the realities of the new price regime. NLC that would have been the corner stone for an effective revolutionary protest is compromised, Nigerians do not believe in thier ability to lead them to the desired conclusion. The collection of signature that was taking place at Eagle square yestarday was interrupted by a joint force of police and SARS shooting canisters tear gas into the crowd and arresting the organizers of the protest. Here in Lagos, all we have seen is just mere talk and no serious effort to resist this policy. Imagine paying N400 from mile 2 to oshodi? This is not the time for anyone to get tribal and alienate others with comments that are borderline tribalistic and alienating. No one tribe can pull it through without the involvement of others else their actions will be seen uneccessary trouble stoking. What we need is a nation wide co-ordinated protest that will bring every economic activity to a grinding halt, everyone must go beyond tough talking internet rhetorics and come out to vent their displeasure through a peaceful protest and even get violent if need be.
This government has got to be the most corrupt-ridden in the history of this country. If there is going to be any sacrifice we must see examples from our government. Why are they quick to remove subsidy without making any move to get the people that have corruptly hijacked the subsidy scheme, what about taking measures to reduce the cost of running the government, imagine aso rock spending a billion naira on food? What about the obscene allowances and salaries of NA members and the ministers? How come there is no serious debate in that direction. Nigerians must not take this lying low.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by cashmentor(m): 11:57am On Jan 03, 2012
When Yar'a dua became president by a masively rigged election, he was slow, sick and selfless, buh best of all every 1 both d north and south got to love him for who he realy is and was, Then came d militants, he kill some and finaly paid them off and d whole world claped for him, I never voted for him (i hate northerners) buh i got 2 like him for many reasons, He was a man of peace, action and reason, Then came Jonathan, a man of peace (buh always looking for trouble), lacks calculated actions and never reasons (especially with the people), too emotional, He was voted for masively and shown a lot of promises, never fulfiling any, Whats my point?
As clueless and backstabbing as Gej is right naw, d SS and SE might complain and moan for all i know, buh one thing is sure, they WILL never stand up against him, just as the North never stood against Musa Yar'a du'a, Fuel subsidy will not cause any war or revolusion in Nig either, There will and only will be a civil war, revolution and breakdown in Nigeria from d SS & SE, IF any 1 harms Gej Or from the north, if any 1 harms a Northern president? That's Nig for u, such bunch of emotional and tribalist brain washed folks, Want a quick protest, revolution or an outright war? K** Gej!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by rhymz(m): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
Breaking News: there is already some serious protest going on in Ikorodu and lawason, the protesters are increasing in Number and heading to Alausa, they also are picketting filling stations. Also in Lokoja, and some northern states.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by onyengbu: 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2012
My thougts:

Unless there will be a divine effect that will teach nigerians (the area boys inclusive) overnight how to protest and not riot, then there might be a 'revolution' in selected regions of the country. Anything short of this, it will go the normal way these kind of things go in nigeria viz:
it will start as protests,
evolve into a riot,
cars will be burnt, shops looted,
police will come in justifiably wit maximum force and disperse the rioters and,
even the strongest supporters of the protest will make sure their relations dont come out and be shot as rogues they are.

My people, there goes your revolution!
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by rhymz(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
SE/SS are also affected by the hardship and are complaining. People should stop making baseless assertions, the SE/SS are as well assessing the situation on ground and are as well going to come out with their own action but there has to be a clear purpose of what we hope to achieve. Is not by protesting and tearing down properties but by coordinated efforts. Events are still unfolding, let us not move faster than our shadows.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by onyengbu: 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
rhymz:

SE/SS are also affected by the hardship and are complaining. People should stop making baseless assertions, the SE/SS are as well assessing the situation on ground and are as well going to come out with their own action but there has to be a clear purpose of what we hope to achieve. Is not by protesting and tearing down properties but by coordinated efforts. Events are still unfolding, let us not move faster than our shadows.
@bolded,
you have to go teach that to touts in the south and almajiris in the north.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
rhymz:

God bless you. Rhymz, at the end of the day we are all in the mess together. This is the point we should join hands and fight against a common enemy which is CORRUPTION because there is nothing like fuel subsidy. All this is just to milk us dry.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by karlmax2: 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
Quote God bless you. Rhymz, at the end of the day we are all in the mess together. This is the point we should join hands and fight against a common enemy which is CORRUPTION because there is nothing like fuel subsidy. All this is just to milk us dry.

If there isd no subsidy then why are Ʊ protesting?

The SE\SS won't protest cos fuel has neva been subsidied in those areas they buy fuel 150 per litre when there was subsidy, So it makes no diff to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Killed As Petrol-Tanker, Trailers Crash In Onitsha / Britain Set To Seize Assets Of Corrupt Politicians, Others / It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.