Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! (13316 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Now Illegal, Dogara Warns / Reuters Report : The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Imf Policy For Africa ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
I still find it difficult to beleive that some people are in support of this removal of fuel subsidy.dont you know this is one of the few ways in which the masses are enjoying government in nigeria.please lets face reality and stop comparing nigeria government wit other county out there whose economy are far better than ours.why cant they reduce their own salary.come to think of it,their salaries and allowances can still go a long way in taking care of what they intend to do with the fuel subsidy removal.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
And who is the foolish moderator that put this equally foolish thread on the front page? The poster and the moderator are obviously co-equals in the shameful dance of ignorance, insensitivity, aloofness, and downright buffoonery. You're justifying subsidy removal because it is your father that would judiciously utilize and re-invest the proceeds abi? If you're not sure - and you can never be sure - that the subsidy savings would not be corruptly embezzled by the officials in charge and their cronies, then what is the sense in justifying the removal? Are you saying that it is better for government to have more funds to loot (by removing subsidies), than for the masses to continue to enjoy regulated prices of petrol? Do you have guarantees that there would not be corruption (as usual) in the management of the savings that accrue from the subsidy removal? Does the Nigerian economy and income per-capita suggest that the masses (most of who live on less than $2 a day) have the capacity to adjust to the exponential increase in cost of living? Does Nigeria enjoy the kind of regular power supply that would help ordinary Nigerians (including artisans and small businesses) avoid spending on petrol for generators? Why are some of you pint-brained 'intellectuals' intent on putting the cart before the horse?

Do you now see how foolish you and your woeful thread are? Some of you simpletons should be quarantined, seriously. Stupidity could be very contagious.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by juman(m): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
Removing the subsidy is the best step for us now.

The nation will now face development of our infrastructure.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by freecocoa(f): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
Many Nlanders in diaspora are really fooolish,that's just something I've realized.  
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Dyt(f): 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
juman:

Removing the subsidy is the best step now.

The nation will now face development of our infrastructure.

meanin d development shld start frm electricity now
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
God will punish this poster and his or her generations to come angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by sledge406: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
First, I blame our fathers and mothers. Yes, if only they took the rights steps since the time of IBB by the way of protest, we would be having a good life (at least close to good) by now. Instead, they'd tell us to stay indoors and not be caught wanting by the government.

Today, various imbeciles except the late President Yaradua have come in the form of President and Head of State of this so called great nation called Nigeria have continually increased prices of goods and services including our "curse" called OIL Is this the good life I was promised before I was brought into the world? I will defintiely not let my children come into this part of the world if these are how things will go unless I'm convinced.

Forget NLC, forget TUC, forget any organised protesters under ANY body/union. They are there for their own "pocket". Check Channels Television and you'd see the heads of these Unions have been called for an indoor meeting. What have ASUU been able to achieve before I graduated? Instead, I was forced to spend over 1 year extra while in the University. What has the NLC ever achieved that has not been over turned presently? These people will be bought over and they'd be used to advise us wrongly. Is this what we want?

Youths of this great nation, our teachers (even the Cadbury Bournvita advert) have always lied to us and it is high time we say NO! They said, "Chidlren are the leaders of tomorrow". How evident is that? How many young bloods represent us at the National level? How many?

We are responsible for our lives, not the government hence we must take decisions via actions. Say NO to Oil Subsidy removel, Say NO to ethnic violence and religious bigotry, and say YES immediately and forcefully to improved healthcare, alternative and function transportation (not KEKE or Okada), good and improved roads, improved education (scholarships and grants for researches) and everything that we deem our rights, say YES to it.

If you must remove subsidy, let us see what we benefit first as a nation and how expensive it is rather than let a "microscopic few" benefit its removal and enrich their unborn second generations.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Cupidkc(m): 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2012
@poster ure very correct;fuel sudsidy removal isnt bad, bt this is not the right time for it to be removed. Alot should have been put in place before its removal.
Lets hope Nigerians survive this.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
To those of U who voted that man. @ this point I'd like 2 say I TOLD U SO!!!
The bible says there is a way that seems right unto man but destruction is the end thereof.
Enjoy the ride suckers & make some adjustments cos its gonna be a long and arduous ride with so much misery and tears.  cool
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by mickey339(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
the last thing is coming first while the first thing is left undone not doing, Its a shame to GEJ government
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by wealth123: 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nairaland has turned to a forum where people with low IQ just vomit trash. Some say they reside in the USA (@lasinoh) and call others semi illiterates when they themselves are probably living in the GHETTOS of Texas. How many of you here have proffered solution to the Fuel subsidy problem?

My suggestion to whoever cares to listen is that if our government can make it mandatory for all oil majors ( like Shell, Total, Mobil, Conoil, Oando, Texaco now MRS etc) to build at least one refinery each as compulsory investment then we will have more gasolin production from our crude to compliment the production of existing refineries.

Other private investors should also be given incentives to build refineries. How can we be importing fuel when the crude is abundant here. This is a case of OLIGOPSONISTIC phenomenum. For those who did not study economics it means: you produce a raw material, sell to the western world at a price dictated by them, they refine your crude or raw material and sell to you at a price also dictated by them. At both ends they dictate the price.

Our so called leaders collaborate with them to rob us and the marketers feed fat at the expense of the masses.

WE DO NOT NEED ANY SUBSIDY IF WE HAVE FUNCTIONAL REFINERIES.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by jaso1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
I believe the poster know what he is doing by saying subsidy removal is of no issue to Nigeria. let me refer you to Paris club debt that was settle with bunch of our reserve which suppose to be used alternatively for economy rejuvenation, what's the impact today? the question you asked yourself is that what have - from Obj to current govt. been doing with our money apart from looting and diversion? the subsidy is to enable them loot more and cage us individually. the slogan is: the more money you have the more dominant. these people keep looting so that when they leave the govt. they can become powerful than those that will bring them to justice.
Nigerians wake up from dead!
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Anoruo(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
this poster is supposed to be spanked, is it that your memory is so low that you have forgotten the reason OBJ removed toll gate??, ok if you have let me tell you, even at all the funds realized from the toll gates, the federal Govt. still allocates money for read repair, trust Nigeria Govt. all the money that is going to come out from the removal of the subsidy has been shared even before today,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Wallie(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
Is fuel subsidy removal a bad thing? No.
Is fuel subsidy removal a bad thing in Nigeria today? YES!

In a country with functioning policing, removal of fuel subsidy will guarantee funds for other more important projects but that’s not true in present day Nigeria.

The only thing guaranteed to happen in Nigeria with the removal of fuel subsidy is economic hardship felt by the poor and more money for government officials to steal! The money “saved” by the government will just disappear down a black accounting hole!

At the very least, the removal of fuel subsidy should have been preceded by a ruthless and capable EFCC and a strong judiciary.

By the way, why is fuel not taxed? Taxing fuel guarantees a return of a portion of the subsidized amount and also guarantees that fuel abusers (rich) pay more!
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by jonuel: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
Me think the protest should be on salary cut of political office holders, legislation should be on part-time and unnecessary govt expenses be stopped and not retaining of fuel subsidy.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by collinsfbi(m): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=18pt]It is never a bad thing but what do you think will happen to the subsidized fund? How much is the salary of an average Nigerian? It is also an avenue for more money to be looted and hardship for the general masses. In respect to this, it would have been better if it was not removed. Now i know that some pple who supported this are actually out of their senses

Gbammm over and out[/size]
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
d tìn is most ppl in support of ìt do not buy it before d removal and wil nt buy it afta d removal. they get it free. i also see big embezzlement on d way. as for dat LASANA or LASANOH guy, i say u re very mad to ve postd dat. we aint monkeys. we're africans!
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
d tìn is most ppl in support of ìt do not buy it before d removal and wil nt buy it afta d removal. they get it free. i also see big embezzlement on d way. as for dat LASANA or LASANOH guy, i say u re very mad to ve postd dat. we aint monkeys. we're africans!
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by stiyke(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Can someone tell me what constant ranting in NL has ever achieved ,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by segebobo: 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is a very stupid post! Because you think you can afford it doesn't mean everyone can. An average Nigerian lives bellow a dollar a day . You can never compare Ghana with Nigeria. We are one of the top oil producing countries in the world. How can you have a herd of cow and still lack cheese. This post is both STUPID AND SELFISH
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by kamalydeen(m): 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
wrongs doing right thing at the roung time,

For instance, Light should be stable before and subsidy, tell me some one who collect 15,000 per month and 3,000 for transport!!, now with subsidy transport would have raised up, how much would it left, to be sincere GEJ should fire all his Adviser because i don't know what the hell they are there for, Most banks, Schools and some private companies are operating with Fuel. No Light, how do u want them to coupe, No one sure that the money of the subsidy will spent properly, I should tell you we've not started practicing government in Nigeria (No fear, No mercy, Just conclude on decision as if the post if their royal family throne, Rubbish
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by kamalydeen(m): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ POSTER, U CAN AFFORD DOES NOT MEAN EVERYBODY CAN AFFORD, IN AFRICA NO COUNTRY GO TO SCHOOL THAN NIGERIAN, THOSE PROTESTERS KNOWN WHAT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR, GRADUATE THAT SERVE NYSE RIDING OKADA, NOW NIGERIA WANT TURN THE PERSON TO BEGGER, IS THAT RIGHT, SO HE/SHE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT TO POST SHOULD GO AND SLEEP, IM OUT OF HERE
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by mcfestgee: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
Its a bold step which leaders in the past dread to take. Lets give the govt some benefit of q doubt. I beleive in the present govt of GEJ
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Knorkastur: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nigerd(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
I support the removal of Oil Subsidy,

If and If all agencies are going to be sincerer!!!

Oil Subsidy removal is Good and best for us,

2012 God is Working,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nigerd(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
kamalydeen:

@ POSTER, U CAN AFFORD DOES NOT MEAN EVERYBODY CAN AFFORD, IN AFRICA NO COUNTRY GO TO SCHOOL THAN NIGERIAN, THOSE PROTESTERS KNOWN WHAT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR, GRADUATE THAT SERVE NYSE RIDING OKADA, NOW NIGERIA WANT TURN THE PERSON TO BEGGER, IS THAT RIGHT, SO HE/SHE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT TO POST SHOULD GO AND SLEEP, IM OUT OF HERE

Protester that are burning Houses and Shops Looting peoples properties!

They really know wat they are doing,

the so-called protesters are no just sincerer in their actions
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by sament: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
Fuel Subsidy Removal - Top Picture Jokes: So Funny, You Must see this!
http://isamiso..com/2012/01/fuel-subsidy-pictures-jokes-nigerians.html
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by neowelsh(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
remove corruption and not subsidy, at d end of d day d money realis 4rm dis removal wil jst dissappear in d air. mark my words

Oboy c trekkin because of removal of subsidy.

----------Oooo---
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
----oooO----
----(---)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo---
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
----oo
i dey walkerin dey go o. U can join me.
======>>>
IF U C ME TREK PASS HALLA UR BOY, I GOT MORE TREKKERS HALLA UR BOY, O Na na halla ur boooy
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Jonathan's decision to remove the fuel subsidy on the beginning of the new year is going to be his greatest political mistake in his lifetime.

The removal of subsidy in itself is not a bad thing but its the timing that is wrong. Nigerians are in abject poverty and have been decieved by the government time without numbers thus you won't expect them to trust the genuine intent of the federal government.

Nigerians have suffered too much heartbreak that they are not ready to make anymore sacrifices for a nation where corruption is rife.

One thing GEJ fail to realise is that Nigerians are ready to opt for military rule so far they feel their leaders are not delivering. With the insecurity in the country and the hike in prices due to fuel subsidy removal, the military has every reason to come in with the aim of salvaging the situation, and hence a coup de tat.

I'm sorry for GEJ because when there is a change in government, it is the same advisers who advised him to remove fule subsidy that will join the new regime. God help this country.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by PHIPEX(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Would we hv prefered if the govt came out to say that since the price of fuel has been constant for the first time in about 2 decades it therefore intends to increase it to 100 naira a litre since the price is no more sustainable even though the subsidy remains? Let this subsidy go and lets forget about the usual increases in fuel prices ones and forall. Remember that OBJ increased fuel price 5 times in 8 yrs yet Nigerians did not kill him some people even asked for a 3rd term for him. I believe in this Okonjo-Sanusi policy.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by gregg2: 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Removal of fuel subsidy is the best thing to ever happen to
this country in recent times. GEJ will be vindicated.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
neo_welsh:

remove corruption and not subsidy, at d end of d day d money realis 4rm dis removal wil jst dissappear in d air. mark my words

Oboy c trekkin because of removal of subsidy.

----------Oooo---
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
----oooO----
----(---)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo---
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
----oo
i dey walkerin dey go o. U can join me.
======>>>
IF U C ME TREK PASS HALLA your BOY, I GOT MORE TREKKERS HALLA your BOY, O Na na halla your boooy

Lol. Inside all the vex wey full person bodi dis period, I no fit hold laff for this una levels. But na serious matter be dis abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Chief Olusola Oke The Next Governor Of Ondo State(!?) / Kwankwaso Visits Ebonyi Governor, Umahi (Photos) / Guber Race: Kogi APC, Oshiomhole-led NWC May Clash Over Method Of Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.