Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! (13304 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Now Illegal, Dogara Warns / Reuters Report : The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Imf Policy For Africa ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Pilotman(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
The fuel subsidy removal is not a bad thing! It will be difficult at the beginning, I know, but, it's a great move. It is a great sacrifice for the betterment of our great Country tomorrow!

Our only concern now should be on the wise usage of the subsidy fund. The next thing we should talk about is the palliative measures to cushion the weight of the hike in the price of fuel.

Retrospectively, Who could have believed that a poor man could own a cell phone in Nigeria? Please, let us take it easy, it is for good,

Most of our neigbours are not on fuel subsidy. In Ghana for instance, fuel goes for about N184 (Converted), & they are surviving & making meaningful progress. Subsidy removal is not a crime but a way forward.

God bless Nigeria,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Lasinoh: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
Don't mind Nigerians.
The semi-illiterates never tire to whine.
Even those that cannot spell subsidy are complaining. grin
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by folarin22(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
First of all, you're very stupid for opening a topic like this.

You talk about Ghana, and they're in darkness, right?

I mean, to tell you how shameful your post is; Nigeria is among the country which wants to buy Electricity from Ghana.

Imagine oh, and can you compare amount of people living in Ghana and Nigeria?

Second poster, you're in America and you're shouting.

Ah! Why you no come back to Nigeria come see as life be.

No light, no security, no nothing, Fresh FIRE!
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Lasinoh: 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
Second poster, you're in America and you're shouting.

Ah! Why you no come back to Nigeria come see as life be.

No light, no security, no nothing, Fresh FIRE!

God forbid Otu ocha Ashawo Galilee!
Not my portion in the name of my lord!
Wetin consain me with planet of the apes? cheesy
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Dclique(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
I support it, but just like IBB said, it was ill-timed. We have to much problems on our hands right now and we are compiling them with this. For christ sake, jonathan could have picked a better time for this, not now. My pity goes to those stranded in their villages because of high cost of transportation.

1 Like

Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Like I said on another thread, it's really not that bad. It was an answer to a silent prayer.

This period forces Nigerian men to start trekking, for them to acquire some leg muscles, some upper/lower built.

Potbelly has now become inevitable for Nigerian men.

Enough of the flat behind and skinny legs, waistless etc. . . . ugh. . . . most lazy set of male species I've ever come upon. That shoit can be so freaking irritating.

A typical Nigerian man looks like a freaking pansy. My gosh, do you guys even know what ppl do in the gym? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Dabss(m): 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Like I said on another thread, it's really not that bad. It was an answer to a silent prayer.

This period forces Nigerian men to start trekking, for them to acquire some leg muscles, some upper/lower built.

Enough of the flat behind and skinny legs, waistless etc. . . . ugh. . . . most lazy set of male species I've ever come upon. That shoit can be so freaking irritating.

A typical Nigerian man looks like a freaking pansy. My gosh, do you guys even know what ppl do in the gym? lipsrsealed
ignorance s.m.h
Do you think it is the men with pot bellies that will really be affected?
This ain't jokes section.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by koruji(m): 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
There is no "subsidy fund" forthcoming. They already sent the budget to the Senate - did you see any provisions for refineries, etc. Even if they were going to build refineries as promised, it would take 6 years not 6 months.

These are the facts:
1) Petrol is an essential commodity;

2) A doubling in price of an essential commodity is a cruel policy - even 10% increases in gasoline prices in the rich developed countries is viewed with disapproval;

3) Most Nigerians are barely surviving even with the subsidies - now they have been dropped down a well and told, it will be well with you in the long-run.

In reality, there is nothing like the long-run; everything in life happens in the short-run.

Pilotman:

The fuel subsidy removal is not a bad thing! It will be difficult at the beginning, I know, but, it's a great move. It is a great sacrifice for the betterment of our great Country tomorrow!

Our only concern now should be on the wise usage of the subsidy fund. The next thing we should talk about is the palliative measures to cushion the weight of the hike in the price of fuel.

Retrospectively, Who could have believed that a poor man could own a cell phone in Nigeria? Please, let us take it easy, it is for good,

Most of our neigbours are not on fuel subsidy. In Ghana for instance, fuel goes for about N184 (Converted), & they are surviving & making meaningful progress. Subsidy removal is not a crime but a way forward.

God bless Nigeria,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

ignorance s.m.h
Do you think it is the men with pot bellies that will really be affected?
This ain't jokes section.

Stalker!
Who implied that they were the only ones who who will be affected?
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 03, 2012
Never, how can it be a bad thing? anyways, keep chilling and enjoy the pina-colada ma guy grin

Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by PointB: 6:41am On Jan 03, 2012
@Op
I agree with you.
fuel subsidy is a big drain on the economy. If we are to avoid going the way of Greece in future, subsidy removal is just about the right thing to do NOW. Tomorrow might be too late.

all those doomsday scenarios are as simplistic as they are too far-fetched. Some simple human traits like adaptability, innovation, and invention are not factored in.

poor or not we will thrive even in this no subsidy era. Let us allow this policy a chance.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by kizito96(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is the most realistic step the government has taken
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by sammy6(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
God go punish this poster wallahi
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by studyineu: 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
Fuel Subsidy is not bad, what is my concern is what are the government going to do with the money to be saved from subsidy
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Dyt(f): 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
hmmmmm
pls wat r d benefits of dis removal?
m sure if we d poor know d benefits den we wont mk a noise
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
Pilotman:

God bless Nigeria,

It's a good thing but i'm very sure they won't use the subsidy funds wisely. Some people would send the money abroad while we suffer for nothing.
God should help us
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by yme1(f): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

rolling on the floor, laffing my a. . .ss off  grin cheesy
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by yme1(f): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Op
It will be a good idea if the salaries are increased
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by bilaya(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Lasinoh:

Don't mind Nigerians.
Even those that cannot spell subsidy are complaining. grin

hmmm, i am tripping for that your profile pic.Ike di nma.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by sholatech(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2012
Yet to see the benefits of fuel subsidy as expected on this thread.
Someone mentioned fuel price in ghana is 184naira, it has not always been so. It was just recently increased and the bank of ghana made it clear it Is because of IMF recommendation.
Ghana residents will not feel the effect much because the price had been above equivalent of 100naira for sometime.
Also, the economic indices are far better than ours, more jobs are been created in ghana, massive infrastructure development have been on-going before the fuel price increase. Try and follow any friend in Ghana to his village and see the good roads leading to the hinterland. And the recurrent expenditure there is not high. MPs there earn about $4000 monthly compared to how much we spend on our legislators.
Usage of Petrol is not high like naija, even if you compute per capital consumption levels. How many homes have generators?how much fuel is consumed by industries in Ghana when electricity is relatively stable and predictable? The effect in ghana is not much felt like Naija,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by yfirstson(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
@poster
Ur analysis shows that you are suffering from chronic malaria. Pls take ur drugs, okay?
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
Since when have you known Nigerian Leaders to follow-through with positive reforms and make sure they last  grin  grin Ignorant Nigerians will always remain at the bottom of this pile of turd called Corruption  tongue Be it Shagari's austerity measures, or IBB's Structural Adjustment Programme or Better LIfe for Rural Women or MAMSER or SURE or whatever name Reform Corruption goes by these days - It is SURE that Monies accruing from Subsidies removal will be squandered silently while we all go to Redeemed Camp or whatever flea-infested worship grounds we go to week-in-week-out. It is not a bad thing SURE  tongue wait till 4 years after when multiple probes start coming out on what has been squandered thus far  grin  grin  grin History is never a lesson for Nigerians Old and Young Fu@#&n Returrds

1 Like

Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Biioola(f): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
I am so angry with this pilotman and lasinoh.What about the subsidy that was removed by OBJ, what was the money used for? The leaders have eaten Nigeria's future and there is no more money to embezzle and they want the man on the street to pay for it. Sanusi lamido Sanusi in the conference organized recently said he cant remember the last time he bought fuel and we all know that there is no free lunch anywhere and someone has to pay the fuel this guys are getting for free.

According to Sanusi, 1/3 of Nigerian budget is going to fuel subsidy and 2/3 to other things.80% of this2/3 is used to pay the salaries of this silly fraudsters in power that dont pay for fuel.They eat their cake and have it and u this people dear call us illiterates.Why cant GEJ reduce their salaries and allowances.Sambo earns #992,000,000 for feeding per annum.Imagine that and u want us to keep quiet.

I am sure those that support this movement for subsidy removal get free PMS or u are not in this country or they are some of the people that will profit from the removal.

There is also no power supply, you have to purchase fuel for your generator, fuel your car etc. Sanusi also mentioned that our fuel consumption has increased how wont it when so many organisations can no longer rely on PHCN for power supply and each individual in this country has become a local government on its own.Provide your own water, road, power supply etc.Our government is the most irresponsible world wide.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by AZeD1(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
In theory subsidy removal is not a bad thing. The problem is the so called president wants to spend 1billion on food for two families.
@op
What sacrifice has the goverment made or is it only the masses that should suffer??
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
Biioola:

I am so angry with this pilotman and lasinoh.What about the subsidy that was removed by OBJ, what was the money used for? The leaders have eaten Nigeria's future and there is no more money to embezzle and they want the man on the street to pay for it. Sanusi lamido Sanusi in the conference organized recently said he cant remember the last time he bought fuel and we all know that there is no free lunch anywhere and someone has to pay the fuel this guys are getting for free.

According to Sanusi, 1/3 of Nigerian budget is going to fuel subsidy and 2/3 to other things.80% of this2/3 is used to pay the salaries of this silly fraudsters in power that dont pay for fuel.They eat their cake and have it and u this people dear call us illiterates.Why cant GEJ reduce their salaries and allowances.Sambo earns #992,000,000 for feeding per annum.Imagine that and u want us to keep quiet.

Mehn, Is he feeding a whole state?

Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by Biioola(f): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
I dont know too.It just shows the extent of their greed.That would amount to about #3,000,000 a day.
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by philip0906(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
oh yeah. . .c em peeps in diaspora who prolly have only seen nigeria on t.v and whose only contact with anything nigeria is nairaland or have completely lost touch with d reality on ground after many years of sojouring in d land of d whites, screaming in ecstacy. . .buncha ignoramus
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by y2kaustin(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
@second poster,you are an Ape yourself,i guess you took an overdose of canabis.go soak garri and put milk inside then drink am,your highness go clear.then come make we reason.abi you no go do your security man job today thats why you decieded to go holla balo cool?.abi  cheesy :Dyou don resign for the mortuary work wey you dey baff dead body? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by y2kaustin(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Lasinaoh, ,you are an Ape yourself,i guess you took an overdose of canabis.go soak garri and put milk inside then drink am,your highness go clear.then come make we reason.abi you no go do your security man job today thats why you decided to go hallo balo.abi,you don resign for the mortuary work wey you dey go baff dead body? collect pepper for 8hrs?why you dey kom fall your hand for his place na? undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by teeluv(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
please who start this post?, e b like say obodo oyibo thinsg don enter ur head, abi, mschew, if refinery dey work, we go dey talk of subsidy?, if we get light our fuel consumption go high, rubbish things, be careful ooh,
Re: The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Bad Thing! by 1025: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
Don't mind Nigerians.
Even those that cannot spell subsidy are complaining.

@lasinoh,
those of you that can spell very well are simply the problem of nigeria. what can u spell? at the end of the day, u can't speak ur language rather u can speak and spell a borrowed language, live a borrowed life and remain a borrowed slave for the rest of your life.
is ghana the no six oil producing country of this world? is ghana in darkness? do u hear ghanians discuss a bankole that stole over N50b or a bode george that stole over N100B or an obasanjo that impose his candidates on the nation?
we are talking about the poor masses that are using generators not even those with cars. invariably, most ppl abroad only know that fuel can be used in cars and cars alone but here, everybody owns a generator and that means, everybody is using fuel.
why won't u know how to spell when u sit under airconditions and enjoy good life courtsy of good governance.
tell nigerians that obama will tell americans that him and his vice will eat N1B only on food in a year and that will come from tax payers'money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? / When Will DSS, EFCC Arrest Babachir Lawal, Buhari's SGF? - Fayose / Exercise 'cat Race' Yielding Positive Results, Says Middle Belt Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.