Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114610 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
"I am speaking as a Nigerian now , the government should be able to shift a little" CBN Govr Sanusi Lamido
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by missuzoma: 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
Relax folks. Latest 24 hours and govt will restore subsidy. I have that on good authority.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OAM4J: 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
More updates please!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by muami(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
missuzoma:

Relax folks. Latest 24 hours and govt will restore subsidy. I have that on good authority.
Dreamer. Dream on.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by missuzoma: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
@muami. Time will tell. Just prepare your mind for that.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
High_Chief:

See these mgbatis, people at the fore front of these protests even in Lagos are Igbos. No, you dont like money, but sold your illustrous sons to your masters Hausa/Fulani. We have seen how you people retaliated the slaughter of , MKO, Fela, Bola Ige, Kudirat and humiliation of your soldiers by Abacha. When it starts getting tough, you guys will take to your heels. Bunch of cowards and mouthy people

I was expecting those ibo boys in Alaba and oshodi markets to open their shops so the mouthy people can maim them.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by coogar: 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by HighChief4(m): 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I was expecting those ibo boys in Alaba and oshodi markets to open their shops so the mouthy people can maim them.

Are you serious? Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin Laugh wan remove my subsidy. Your mates are busy on the streets and you are here occupying NL
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
occupy falomo with ali baba's Semi

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2012
High_Chief:

Are you serious? Hahahahaha  grin grin grin grin Laugh wan remove my subsidy. Your mates are busy on the streets and you are here occupying NL
I would have love to occupy the bed of this beautiful girls abi how you take see am?  grin
coogar:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/613234_613232_subsidy_jpg82cb9f2ef10183e3a5e7d4d158bf56e4_jpg7a52a3e443222757a3dc45734c4a8619

oh dear!

i miss nigeria!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

Toll gate empty

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg737/scaled.php?tn=0&server=737&filename=fwzey.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

Which toll gate is this, please?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by rabzy01: 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2012
Bauchi.

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by omaojo1: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Which toll gate is this, please?

The toll gate on Lekki -Ajah express way. There are two others under construction on the same road and the LASG plans to collect toll on them as they are already doing on this one.

This is where some boys tested their protest prowess against the imposition of toll in Dec 2011 to no avail b4 the present mother of all protest.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
^^^ Thanks . . . Been away for too long oh.
I really need a trip home . . . my heart is with all Nigerians and pray for God's protection for the people
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by abdkabir(m): 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
Global Petition to the Federal Govt. of Nigeria. Pls sign and spread to all. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/occupynigeria/ #occupynigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sholajayi(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2012
From across the oceans see what the US wrote about us in 2005

Global Midrange Threat Estimate:
2005-2015

NIGERIA
Blessed with fertile soil, an abundance of oil, and a huge, energetic, talented population, Nigeria should be a picture of Africa’s success. Instead it is one of the poorer countries and teeters on the edge of ethnic and religious conflict while the state plunders resources completely unchecked.

Oil supports and destroys Nigeria. Nigeria supplies 10 percent of the oil consumed in the United States – slightly less than countries like Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, and Canada- making it also important to U.S. interests. Since 1970, Nigeria has received US$280 billion in oil revenues. Through economic mismanagement, graft, and theft, this vast fortune has been squandered. Like many African countries, Nigeria borrowed billions against future commodities revenues, putting itself deeply in debt.

Nigerians are, on average, poorer today than when oil was discovered. The effects of oil money and poor governance have undermined domestic industries, making Nigeria almost completely (95 percent) dependent on oil.

Nigerian society is complex with ethnic, religious, and political groups competing for wealth, land, and power. The country is home to at least 250 ethnic groups, many of whom clash regularly. Getting rich however, is a uniting goal. Most Nigerians lack a sense of national identity or civic pride. Even Nigerians don’t trust one another. Harsh economic realities have turned Nigerian cities into labyrinths of overcrowded streets affected by crime, disease, pollution, and ethnic violence. Resulting corruption and overcrowding have crippled municipal services. Firms wanting to set up in Nigeria must bring their own infrastructure.
Despite all this, Nigeria has become an essential regional power. Its military is an effective peacekeeping force, having deployed soldiers to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Sudan. Developments in Nigeria, whether good or bad, political or economic, will echo throughout the region. Nigeria plays a lead role in increasingly important African regional organizations such as Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the African Union (AU).

Nigeria will continue to be a concern over the next decade as its economic significance, social problems, and regional influence increase. The country will continue to gradually deteriorate from the within. As the state decays, Islamic extremism will gain more of a foothold. However, its strong, somewhat democratic, federal government, in partnership with its capable military, should keep the country moving forward.

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by shollyboy2: 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2012
still thinking the type of rice,beans,garri,bread GOOFLUCK wanna consume, that worth over a billion Niara

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by eghost247(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
occupy

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by eghost247(m): 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
occupy

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by merly2: 12:09am On Jan 13, 2012
pls someone should wake this politicians up
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Omarbah: 1:39am On Jan 13, 2012
It is really admirable to see Nigerians stand against what they is unfair. I personally am optimist about Nigerian's future and about Africa's future. The new generation will be able to change things around. We only had our independence for only 50-60 years so there is no reason to be fatalistic about our situation.
Keep it up!!!!!!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 1:55am On Jan 13, 2012
Omarbah:

It is really admirable to see Nigerians stand against what they is unfair. I personally am optimist about Nigerian's future and about Africa's future. The new generation will be able to change things around. We only had our independence for only 50-60 years so there is no reason to be fatalistic about our situation.
Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Yes o, Our people say " One na One day monkey go go market e no go fit come back" that is the issue with Nigeria now.

The people tired of promises and promises. People want to see change I mean at the end of the day we would all enjoy it together.

I am proud of Nigerians for this action. God bless Nigeria, God save the President
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Omarbah: 2:43am On Jan 13, 2012
alj harem:

Yes o, Our people say " One na One day monkey go go market e no go fit come back" that is the issue with Nigeria now.

The people tired of promises and promises. People want to see change I mean at the end of the day we would all enjoy it together.

I am proud of Nigerians for this action. God bless Nigeria, God save the President
I would rather say, GOD guide the president. Making the right decisions will be crucial to resolve this crisis.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by nanidee(f): 3:14am On Jan 13, 2012
oooh, this pictures. grin grin grin Dont i just love the nigerian people?

Always looking for the best and funny side of situations (once in a while though cool)
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jake7703(m): 6:01am On Jan 13, 2012
I dont know why ikoy,VI,Lekki have no protesters. Even I could buy food and necessities in ParkNshop VI.
The road is free and those area became much more pleasant to hang around.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Afritelly: 10:20am On Jan 13, 2012
OccupyNigeria from Finland preparing for "We are protesting today at Eduskunta Talo (Finnish Parliment House, Friday 13.1.12, Time:14.00 ) Helsinki-Finland "

[flash=320,320]http://static.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?hash=83un3"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"[/flash]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by muami(m): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2012
Fuel subsidy removal is the way forward! Fiscal federalism is on the way! Why would one be cheating another and complain when justice is about to be done! Everybody pay for the fuel you consume,  After all Govts even before now has been corrupt,  was there subsidy when cocoa was the revenue source? Even Milo was not cheap or subsidized,

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.