Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin (18456 Views)

Another Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Killed In Kano / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Saharareporters: Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin Now Identified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Kilode1: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
Now they've shed blood over subsidy. . sad

The Old killing their young.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by shevalync: 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
I_live_in_Ilorin_and_I_can_confirm_it_that_the_young_man_was_actually_killed_this_morning_by_the_POLICE,_got_a_wind_of_it_while_I_was_@(OLASAT)DSTV_office_opposite_police_A-Division_when_police_were_locking_up_the_entrance_gates_thinking_the_protesters_may_storm_the_station_after_the_young_man_was_murdered.May_the_soul_of_young_man_RIP_and_may_GEJ_and_his_corhort_never_find_peace.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by elampiro(m): 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Somebody very closed to me received a call from Ilorin about the killing even before I saw the story on nairaland. I think it is true.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by civilserva: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
santakris:

Poor him. This is the begining of the end to GEJ government.This is the last igbo man that will become president in nigeria. I can bet it with my life. To hell with igbo, no wonder d notherner hate them so much. Typical igbo man is so greedy and selfish.

Stop taking drugs, it won't help u. your senseless post has no bearing on the issue. Go and meet pastor chris to deliver you free of charge
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by BMZK: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
Jacide2:

@Poster, do u know how many people that were killed by the so called 'protesters' today?
The guy in the picture might be someone who was killed by rioting muslim people in kwara. A family friend called us today to announce that she and her family had fled their home today due to mass killing by muslims in kwara. Trouble started in the muslim 'praying ground' over who should lead the 'prayers
'. Read full story here -www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/news-blocks/policeman-killed-15-injured-in-kwara-clash
And mind all of you haters of GEJ: GEJ must rule Nigeria for 8years whether you like it or not, if you don't like him, go hang urself somewhere.
Don't you listen to the radio before you start broadcasting nonsense with your bleeping mouth? :X
Jacide what are you gaining by trying to deceive people? The incident you are referring in the above link occured last year on 17th Nov 2010. See link below carrying the same story:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201011170336.html
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Toshibasexy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
@all. The story is true cos i live in ilorin and i confirmed it from a friend of mine living around post office though i live around adewole area
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Harzan(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Jacide2:

@Poster, do u know how many people that were killed by the so called 'protesters' today?
The guy in the picture might be someone who was killed by rioting muslim people in kwara. A family friend called us today to announce that she and her family had fled their home today due to mass killing by muslims in kwara. Trouble started in the muslim 'praying ground' over who should lead the 'prayers
'. Read full story here -www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/news-blocks/policeman-killed-15-injured-in-kwara-clash
And mind all of you haters of GEJ: GEJ must rule Nigeria for 8years whether you like it or not, if you don't like him, go hang urself somewhere.
Don't you listen to the radio before you start broadcasting nonsense with your bleeping mouth? :X

Fools like U ar uncommon, Were buruku, Na today or yesterday b Eid 4 Ur papa Village abi? Useless Nigerian!!!
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ganys: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
I Live  @ agbo-oba Ilorin,i just CONFIRMED it. @JARUS,This is PLATO from ilorin. At least, Moderator knows that i live in Ilorin. I know the DEAD guy, He is unemployed Grauduate. We read Newspaper together yesterday at Post Office Area. Awwwww, May His Soul Rest in PEACE
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by neowelsh(m): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
One protester has been
killed as thousands of
Nigerians have
demonstrated against the
removal of a fuel subsidy,
which has led petrol prices
and transport fares to
double.
Officials say the man was killed
by "mob action" in Kwara state,
while witnesses say he was
shot by police as they tried to
disperse protesters.
There were marches in Lagos
and other cities around the
country.
Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil
producer, but imports refined
petrol.
Police fired tear gas at youths
in the commercial capital, Lagos,
after they blocked main roads,
set up burning barricades and
tried to force petrol stations
to close.
However, the BBC's Tomi Oladipo
in the city says the main march
passed off peacefully, with
demonstrators chanting anti-
government slogans.
Analysts say many Nigerians
regard cheap fuel as the only
benefit they get from the
nation's oil wealth.
Nigeria's trade unions have said
they will call a strike and are
meeting on Wednesday to
decide on the plans.
Police block protests
Continue reading the main
story
Nigeria's fuel prices
Previous price in petrol
stations: $0.40/ litre
New price in petrol stations:
$0.86
Previous black market price:
$0.62
New black market price: $
Annual cost to government
of subsidy: $8bn
Tuesday is the first working
day since the measures were
announced on 1 January.
The demonstrator was killed in
Kwara's state capital, Ilorin.
There have been protests in
numerous parts of the country,
including Lagos, Ibadan, Lokoja,
Nasarawa and Kano, where
about two dozen people were
arrested as they gathered.
Our reporter in Lagos says the
city is not as busy as it
normally is, with many people
stranded as they cannot afford
the new transport fares after
going away for the holidays.
Police in the capital, Abuja have
blockaded Eagle Square, where
protesters had planned to
gather.
Police fired tear gas to disperse
protesters in Abuja on Monday
On Monday, police fired tear
gas to disperse some 200
people who had gathered in the
capital, chanting: "Remove
corruption, not subsidy."
Prices have increased from 65
naira ($0.40; £0.26) per litre to
at least 140 naira in filling
stations and from 100 naira to
at least 200 on the black
market, where many Nigerians
buy their fuel.
There are reports that petrol
prices have tripled in some
remote areas, while commuters
have complained that
motorcycle and minibus taxi
fares have already doubled or
tripled.
Many Nigerians expect the
prices of other goods to rise as
well.
The government has said it will
spend the money saved by
removing the subsidy on
improving the country's erratic
electricity supply, as well as
health and education.
However, analysts say that
many Nigerians have little faith
that the money will be well
spent and fear it will instead be
stolen by corrupt officials.
In December, the government
released a list of the people
who benefit most from the
subsidy, which include some of
Nigeria's richest people - the
owners of fuel-importing firms.
Years of mismanagement and
corruption mean Nigeria does
not have the capacity to refine
oil into petrol and other fuels.
Several previous governments
have tried to remove the
subsidy but have backed down
in the face of widespread public
protests and reduced it
instead.
The IMF has long urged Nigeria's
government to remove the
subsidy, which costs a reported
$8bn (£5.2bn) a year.

Source ==> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16390183
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by yoged(m): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
Its absolutely through,one of the protester was killed by the police, I was on my way to Ilorin when our driver was called and informed so he can dodge the area. We eventually passed thru d place and i can vividly see human's blood, Thats the latest news around right now.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by YesBoss1(m): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
@superior1 I know what I'm saying,you where not @ the post office in ilorin,you probably read it on sahara reporters.I'm a 100% in support of civil disobedience over this issues,but when goat-fuckers like choose to use lies to make up stories it pisses mme off
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
It is true.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by YesBoss1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
People have died today due to protests,ilorin as well but that particular photo is a lie and I stand by it.I've spent over 15 years @ ilorin,I live close to st anthony secondary school so I know what I'm saying.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ahmadtjk(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
RIP!! GEJ his blood is in your hand, It suppose to be peaceful demostration. Why the shooting, why the guns,
That is how it all started in Egypt and libya,
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ifyalways(f): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Things are not looking good at all.

The bus fares have trippled.I have employers that earn 50K per month,Graduates! and I wonder how they'd survive.
Payrise is NOT even in the picture now cos overhead cost is killing me too.

Which way Nigeria?
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by MrResource(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Everyone stays in Ilorin now.

May his soul RIP.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Beaf: 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
May the soul of the dead rest in peace.

Don't waste your lives. Is it not ironic that there is no protest in the oil producing states?
Why should there be protests by receiver states? It doesn't sound right.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
That's Ilorin.
Yes Boss:

People have died today due to protests,ilorin as well but that particular photo is a lie and I stand by it.I've spent over 15 years @ ilorin,I live close to st anthony secondary school so I know what I'm saying.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by chikis(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
@poster, we will know the truth about the stroy as from tommorow. If it is true, it will enter one of the national daily if not all.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ochukoccna: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
Has this bas-tard man in black been charged for murder yet?
Mumu doesnt get it yet that he's a pawn.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by freecocoa(f): 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
See what I was talking about.

May his soul RIP.

GEJ,this is your downfall.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by OmoTier1(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
chikis:

@poster, we will know the truth about the story as from tomorrow. If it is true, it will enter one of the national daily if not all.
Sorry you're late, its already in most of the dailies on line version, try Punch, the Nation, Dailytimes, Vanguard on line, you will find the information there. I also posted a BBC link to this story. France24, New24 have also carried it haven confirmed the death from Officials of the Kwara State government in the person of the SSG.

Really, the essence of the post is to enlighten everyone that the Nigeria Police elite killer squad is still much alive and we know they have been given marching orders on what to do. So be careful as you go about the Civil disobedience.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by doctokwus: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
BMZK:

Jacide what are you gaining by trying to deceive people? The incident you are referring in the above link occured last year on 17th Nov 2010. See link below carrying the same story:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201011170336.html
U are d one trying to deceive people.D story on d link u posted was of a policeman killed;unless my eyes have gone cataract,d pix in dis op story is that of a civilian.So ur own version is clearly deceitful
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by peckhamboi: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
Death to GEJ, bleeping bastard.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Autolord: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=30pt]I THINK ITS JUST A STRATEGY TO SCARE NIGERIANS FROM PROTESTING, [/size]
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by hbrednic: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

May the soul of the dead rest in peace.

Don't waste your lives. Is it not ironic that there is no protest in the oil producing states?
Why should there be protests by receiver states? It doesn't sound right.
Allow them to keep protesting,we know the real sabotuers of the economy.
the subsidy is gone for good.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by UyiIredia(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
A life indirectly shed by Mr Jonathan.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by aljharem3: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
Autolord:

[size=30pt]I THINK ITS JUST A STRATEGY TO SCARE NIGERIANS FROM PROTESTING, [/size]

yes of course. It is, Imagine people like beaf, hbrednic gloating that others are dying just because they support GEJ
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by FairGame: 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
May his soul rest in peace. His blood will not be in vain. let us protest peacefully and demand better governance and accountability. If Nigeria is better, it is not for one section or tribe or religion. let us unite in our demand for good governance sensitive to the people. Government is a trust. Without trust, government is not suppose to exist
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by aljharem3: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
FairGame:

May his soul rest in peace. His blood will not be in vain. let us protest peacefully and demand better governance and accountability. If Nigeria is better, it is not for one section or tribe or religion. let us unite in our demand for good governance sensitive to the people. Government is a trust. Without trust, government is not suppose to exist

Yes it is a tribe thing angry angry angry angry

Look at what this igbotic ideeiot was posting at a dead protester. I really hope you people can see how they view you

NC wake up

hbrednic:

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=837811.msg9888770#msg9888770
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by enyojo(f): 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=16pt]I LAUGH ALL GEJ RATS!!!!!
FRESH AIR 2012[/size]
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by hbrednic: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

Yes it is a tribe thing angry angry angry angry

Look at what this igbotic ideeiot was posting at a dead protester. I really hope you people can see how they view you

NC wake up

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=837811.msg9888770#msg9888770

Goathead,are you still alive   i thought you are one of the almajiris that blew themselves up on xmas day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Author Sells His Novels For £100.00 In United Kingdom / Look At The Nuisance Apc Is Creating In Ordinary Ward Congress - Governor Wike / What Next For Amaechi, Onu, Buhari’s Other Ex-ministers After APC Primary Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.