Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:53 PM

A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin (18580 Views)

Another Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Killed In Kano / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Saharareporters: Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin Now Identified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
So so sad. May his soul rest in peace. That Egunje POLICE should be brought to JUSTICE.

Anyways, according to my research and consultations, our boys are not that ready for a protest at this juncture. We are being calculative and following the situation. When we are ready, it could be tomorrow, next tomorrow or in 6 months time. We will make sure we shake the foundations of this country and maybe it could lead to its disintegration.  Take note.

Kwenu, Ahu! Ahu! Ahu!
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by member479760: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
May his soul rest in peace! Nigerians stay home, life has no duplicate, don't die for subsidy remover, let the politicians die!
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Omo_Tier1, someone's posted a link on twitter. It's Sahara Reporters, identifying the man as Muyideen Mustafa.

-----

The youth killed by the Nigerian police today in Ilorin, Kwara state during an anti-fuel hike protest has been identified as Muyideen Mustafa.

Credible sources in Ilorin told us that Mustafa was an Abuja-based youth who decided to participate in the protest only to meet his end at the hands of the police. Mustapha is 23 years old and hails from the Ajikobi ward in Ilorin.

Meanwhile, the Kwara State police command is twisting the circumstances surrounding the killing of Mustafa, claiming that he was stabbed to death by the National Labor Congress (NLC), which had earlier accused the police of shooting the unarmed protester.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Kwara state, Dabo Ezekiel, told AP that motorcycle-taxi drivers who were angry because they believed he was against their cause stabbed Mustafa.

The police are widely-known in Nigeria for violence and human rights abuses against innocent people which they then clumsily try to deny. In Delta State in November 2011, for instance, eyewitnesses recounted how policemen shot a former governorship candidate, Ogbe Onokpite, in cold blood.

But the state police commissioner, Ibrahim Tsafe, issued a press statement stating that the man was killed in crossfire.

And then last month, the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Hafiz Ringim, responding to pressure from the family which had reported the matter to the Executive Director of the National Human Rights Commission, asked the same police commissioner to “investigate the murder.”

-----

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/protester-killed-police-ilorin-now-identified
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
So sad right now. I just confirmed this on TVC now, Why police go kill now?
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ikennahill: 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
it is sad that some people instead of looking into the issue well,they are here saying that GEJ will rule forever even if it means the man want us to go to school without any shoe'.IMF know that if this country get itself no country can maych it.this is not fresh air'.Those argueing like idiots should know that the rain dont drop on ojust a roof top.I HATE THIS GOVT.do u know that enugu airport is international airport only on the sign board inside the airport.nothing make itg international.who are we deceiving,do you know that from lagos to enugu is 14k while from enugu to lagos is now 17k.fresh air indeed.who are we deceiving
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ganys: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
I just finished watching NTA ilorin News Now and Saw the Dead Body, A police man was even CHECKING THE POCKET OF THE DEAD MAN before they lift the Dead body to the Patrol Vehicle. i wonder if the POLICE want to check for N20 lol. The Picture is Real, Im in Ilorin now and JARUS can testify to it.The Kwara Police PPRO also confirmed it in the New. It pains me so much that NTA network News didnt say anything about the protest, Rather,they showed some paid Unemployed youth endorsing Subsidy Removal, i weep for this Country. Is JONAFOOL BADLUCK the best that NIGER DELTA can give, Haba, Its Unfair oooo
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ratiken(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2012
NTA needs to go down. Am literally crying after watching network news few mins back. The headlines are 'Nigerian youths accept the subsidy removal' and 'business is returning to usual after the yuletide'. No news on the demonstrations across board. NTA and GEJ goes down guys, So Anti-people
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
Communist democracy.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by leoebhos(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nigerian police are worst than Nigerian criminals but yet them fools keep saying police are ur friends, friends my behind.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ifyalways(f): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
TVC is soooo right on point.I just love their news today.

@Topic,Yes its true,the boy was actually gunned down today.I heard the news LIVE from TVC.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Kilode1: 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ganys:

I just finished watching NTA ilorin News Now and Saw the Dead Body, A police man was even CHECKING THE POCKET OF THE DEAD MAN before they lift the Dead body to the Patrol Vehicle. i wonder if the POLICE want to check for N20 lol. The Picture is Real, Im in Ilorin now and JARUS can testify to it.The Kwara Police PPRO also confirmed it in the New. It pains me so much that NTA network News didnt say anything about the protest, Rather,they showed some paid Unemployed youth endorsing Subsidy Removal, i weep for this Country. Is JONAFOOL BADLUCK the best that NIGER DELTA can give, Haba,  Its Unfair oooo

rati ken:

NTA needs to go down. Am literally crying after watching network news few mins back. The headlines are 'Nigerian youths accept the subsidy removal' and 'business is returning to usual after the yuletide'. No news on the demonstrations across board. NTA and GEJ goes down guys,  So Anti-people

You should not be surprised. That was the same NTA progaganda that made GEJ win the election. They shut out the opposition in April 2011.

Nothing new.

Even Egypt TV did worse, it's normal, just use twitter and other channels.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ganys: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
The Ghost of Muyideen MUSTAFA of Ilorin Anti-subsidy protest will continue to hunt JONAFOOL EGBERE BADLUCK and his supporters like Hdrenic and BEAF, Well, BEAF's name says it all, A DEAD and slaughtered piece of Cow Meat is BEAF, No wonder he supports his Mumu Like BEAF that is being eaten by Patience,Ngozi and Dieziani in ASO ROCK. JONA JONA IN HELL, Nonsense

N.B
I'm Sure Mr. Dullathan Badluck is taking too much Mouth Gig from the likes of Dieziani and Stella, He must be suffering from Brain Drain, Too bad
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by realchange: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88, are you from onicha ado? one look at your pic says you are from there
nne you are too cute to be messing with naija nonsense
make sure you keep your cute azz at home  wink
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by tjax(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
Dos of u who doubt d authenticity of ds pics are al fools especialy "YES BOSS" who alledged dat d pics was taken last year.its saddened,d guy is my broda nd 4dose of u supporting GEJ ur moda 2wil soon b shot by d rascal.idiot!!!
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by OmoTier1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

@Omo_Tier1, someone's posted a link on twitter. It's Sahara Reporters, identifying the man as Muyideen Mustafa.

-----

The youth killed by the Nigerian police today in Ilorin, Kwara state during an anti-fuel hike protest has been identified as Muyideen  Mustafa.

Credible sources in Ilorin told us that Mustafa was an Abuja-based youth who decided to participate in the protest only to meet his end at the hands of the police. Mustapha is 23 years old and hails from the Ajikobi ward in Ilorin.

Meanwhile, the Kwara State police command is twisting the circumstances surrounding the killing of Mustafa, claiming that he was stabbed to death by the National Labor Congress (NLC), which had earlier accused the police of shooting the unarmed protester.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Kwara state, Dabo Ezekiel, told AP that motorcycle-taxi drivers who were angry because they believed he was against their cause stabbed Mustafa.

The police are widely-known in Nigeria for violence and human rights abuses against innocent people which they then clumsily try to deny.  In Delta State in November 2011, for instance, eyewitnesses recounted how policemen shot a former governorship candidate, Ogbe Onokpite, in cold blood.

But the state police commissioner, Ibrahim Tsafe, issued a press statement stating that the man was killed in crossfire.

And then last month, the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Hafiz Ringim, responding to pressure from the family which had reported the matter to the Executive Director of the National Human Rights Commission, asked the same police commissioner to “investigate the murder.”

-----

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/protester-killed-police-ilorin-now-identified
Thanks,  went to SR, saw it there too,  WE KNOW THERE WILL NOT BE JUSTICE UNLEASHED ON THE KILLER POLICE OFFICER! But God is not asleep, 

May His soul rest in peace, Amen
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Pain(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
What we should discuss as regards the loss of this able bodied youth is how to immortalize his name in the light of this subtle buy gradually rising Nigerian Revolution.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
realchange:

ogugua88, are you from onicha ado? one look at your pic says you are from there
nne you are too cute to be messing with naija nonsense
make sure you keep your cute azz at home  wink

Is she[b](ogugua88)[/b] cutier than Neda Agha-Soltan or that Egyptian female activist that went N.ude?

Hey Nyabinghi, stop getting carried away.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by infofta(m): 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nigeria non get Rebels? Time to distabilise this lie,lie govt. They budgeted billions to themselves while the common man should endure and die in silence. Who be mugu. Our mumu don do.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by olotan2: 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
We all know that the best solution to this problem is for us to divide. But we are ignoring the fact
We all know that the best solution to this problem is for us to divide. But we are ignoring the fact
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Homonide: 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
It is sad that the fuel subsidy protest claimed its first victim in the peaceful city of Ilorin today. The news rather came late here on NL but has been trending (Nigeria) in "Ilorin" and " #occupynigeria all day on twitter.
The only way the dead protester wouldn't have died in vain is if we all march out en mass to protest this injustice. Me, i would be out there tomorrow wherever protesters are showing their grievances to this unpopular policy by the GEJ government.
RIP Comrade.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by realchange: 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
subsidy should have been removed even from 1960.
the removal is even almost late.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nadanbata: 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
olotan2:

[size=15pt]How you gonna divide without removing PDP from power please explain? What dont you undesrstand that all memebrs of PDP benefit how NAIJA is now. You think they care about splitting?[/size]
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by aljharem3: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
realchange:

subsidy should have been removed even from 1960.
the removal is even almost late.

Ode, so there was subsidy in 1960 grin grin grin chai shey you go school at all because even me wey no go school know this BASIC knowledge.

Maybe you would be kind enough to tell us how much we were paying on subsidy in 1960 and how much we are paying now.

When was subsidy introduced to Nigeria oil sector.

thanks . ara
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by doinwealth(m): 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
The guy was killed today at post office area ​H̷̬̩̃̊ far from former afribank which i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ not far from my office.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by maasoap(m): 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Beaf,
When the table is finally turned against your paid master, we will surely find you wherever you're hidding. You're a disgrace to our society.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by chuxyn: 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
THE TRUE REASON TO OCCUPY NIGERIA
There is no sector in the Nigerian economy that has been deregulated and is performing poorly. Telecoms company in Nigeria today pay the highest amount of tax to the government with MTN almost single-handedly sponsoring the last world-cup is South Africa with money made from the Nigerian economy as compared to the initial state of NITEL. In aviation Nigerian airlines serve the whole of west African countries with the likes of Arik and Air Nigeria competing with the best airlines in South Africa and Kenya compared to the days of NIGERIAN AIRWAYS. The protest should be channeled towards corruption in Government, social inequalities, bogus allowances for electoral officers and high cost of running government, insecurity and failure of our public education system and social infrastructure (Pipe borne water and Electricity). This is our chance to occupy the country for a true transformation, Godbless Nigeria
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by dmainboss: 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nadanbata:

[size=15pt]How you gonna divide without removing PDP from power please explain? What dont you undesrstand that all memebrs of PDP benefit how NAIJA is now. You think they care about splitting?[/size]

The last time I checked,, the people that dont want Nigeria to divide are mostly in ACN and CPC. The SE and SS want to divide and they are in PDP. Do you see why this protest will not work? It is so partisan from day one. Until you find a way to start a non partisan struggle, it will continue to fail. I am currently out of Lagos and can tell you that apart from the SW, nothing much is happening around Naija. Not because the people are happy with the removal of fuel subsidy, but because they see it as the fight of the SW. Even in Edo state that is ACN controlled, no one is even coming out.

See,. I will give some of you good advise. If you want the SE and SS to join  you, first stop insulting GEJ and start addressing the issues of government and true federalism. Insulting GEJ will continue to put them off. If you think they are going to be happy with you when 23, 000+ ex militants are undergoing training all over the world, then you are f00ling yourself. You might disagree if you like, but you will still come back to this post
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by tlops(m): 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
Wow!
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by 3kay945(m): 12:04am On Jan 04, 2012
In a land of Boko-Haram & a
time of ASUU strike, The
Destiny of a great country
rests on d shoulders of a
confused president. His
name,
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by qholar(m): 12:11am On Jan 04, 2012
CAUTION!CAUTION!!CAUTION!!! How many times do i cal u? Abacha went 2 aso rock wit maryam only maryam survive and obasanjo went to aso rock wit stella only obasanjo survive and yar'adua wit turai only turai survive! Jona wit stella tooh.remember ur wife says at national tv. my fellow widows! Who next dame or jonathan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Scooping Fuel As Tanker Crashes In Kwara. / Obiano Receives FC Ifeanyi Ubah, FA Cup Winners, In Awka (photos) / Order Of Elections: Bribe Claims Rock National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.